PDA

View Full Version : Add some South-American Flavour to the new album...

Mucho Macho
08-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Seen the fact that there isn't so much to tell about The Offspring lately, I would like to add that I especially liked the Spanish words they added to some songs like "dinero", "uno dos tres", "mota" and the album title "Ixnay on the Hombre", or even Dexters hot sauce "Gringo Bandito".
Although they did this already a few albums ago, I would like it if they would do this as well on their upcoming album, use some Spanish words or expressions and add some South-American flavour to it...
Who is with me on this? I hope I'm not the only one ;)
Greetings amigos, I'm going to get some cerveza right now...

DMelges
08-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Well most of their songs that they used spanish words on were joke songs. So unless they write some joke songs for this new album, I don't think it's gonna happen.

yarock
08-02-2010, 05:43 PM
'quo modo' is Italıan right?hmm..I prefer more oriental middle-eastern sounds.They made not a single bad song when they used that tunes.Especially Pay the Man which I think their finest work is.Alright,one of their finest works.

---

After I listened Pay the Man one more time,I'm thinking this is the best that Offspring can do.Hell,this song could be historical.What an underrated piece.

PayTheMan1369
08-03-2010, 02:39 AM
Pay The Man: Is my favorite song but Americana has a variety of more good songs that makes it worth your money. But Pay The Man does it for me. :)

I think The Offspring should mix it up however they want the new album to sound like, it's going to be such a great record nonetheless. Word. :)

Lord Phidias
08-03-2010, 10:04 AM
South American flavour?? I think you meant MEXICAN flavour... and Mexico is not in South America, nor Centro America...

disclaimer_07
08-03-2010, 10:18 AM
'quo modo' is Italıan right?

I don't know if it's the same in Italian but the original expression is Latin.

MAXTER
08-03-2010, 11:12 AM
"Quo modo" is in latin language, in italian "in che modo" or "come"...
In english can be translate as "How" ;)

Quo modo = How

findout5
08-03-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm sure some spicy hot sauce farting will occur in the studio, and some of it will make it on the record :p

SuperKnux
08-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah, "Pay The Man" is a brilliant song. It definetly shows how far the band can really go in mixing up their sounds/influences.

Outerspaceman21
08-03-2010, 06:28 PM
I hope it's not too spicy. I get indigestion pretty easy.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
08-04-2010, 09:34 AM
yeah I agree with this post ! ixnay on the hombre was one of the best albums they ever released !

also add some shows in all south and central america too if it's too much to ask, atleast out of the U.S they will be the closing band always here :D

GuilhermeOffspring
08-06-2010, 01:11 PM
South American flavour?? I think you meant MEXICAN flavour... and Mexico is not in South America, nor Centro America...

Yes, South America!! Or do you think only in Mexico speak the spanish language???

(Why not try any portuguese words in next album?) :P