PDA

View Full Version : 311 = shit

Lord Phidias
08-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Well, I didn't know about 311's existence at all, so I decided to check them out, and they're trash... I really disliked them, fucking reggae-rock... their music is soo... weak, I mean, honestly, why do people like this guys at all??

I'm sorry if I offend any of you by posting this, but it's my opinion and I wanted to express my thoughts about it, The Offspring is so much better, in every possible way.

Now, who shares my opinion?

Llamas
08-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I like 311. Not one of my favorite bands, but I think their music has a very nice vibe to it. It's really nice to chill to.

Lord Phidias
08-03-2010, 04:29 PM
I like 311. Not one of my favorite bands, but I think their music has a very nice vibe to it. It's really nice to chill to.

Maybe you can chill out to it, I don't know why I never heard of them, It seems they're quite popular, but I don't know... I think I expected more, you know... some crazy guitars and more energy, don't know why...

Llamas
08-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Maybe you can chill out to it, I don't know why I never heard of them, It seems they're quite popular, but I don't know... I think I expected more, you know... some crazy guitars and more energy, don't know why...

They're very popular in the US, but not elsewhere. And not every band has to have a lot of energy :-P Half the music I listen to is energetic, but a lot of times I don't want to feel like bouncing off the walls. There's a lot to calmer music, and it's cool if you don't dig it... but no need to call them trash, shit and weak all in one post. And I'd never compare 311 and Offspring - verrrrry different bands.

cool 2 hate 681
08-03-2010, 04:54 PM
They're very popular in the US, but not elsewhere.

311 have a huge hardcore fan base but they don't get a lot of radio play anymore

Outerspaceman21
08-03-2010, 05:22 PM
I think they are okay. I tend to get sick of there music pretty quickly. Their mellow stuff is cool, but I don't really dig then that much. I wouldn't, however, go as far as to say they are crap.

Lord Phidias
08-03-2010, 05:26 PM
They're very popular in the US, but not elsewhere. And not every band has to have a lot of energy :-P Half the music I listen to is energetic, but a lot of times I don't want to feel like bouncing off the walls. There's a lot to calmer music, and it's cool if you don't dig it... but no need to call them trash, shit and weak all in one post. And I'd never compare 311 and Offspring - verrrrry different bands.

Oh, my apologies, mister Llamas... you're right, shouldn't call them that, guess I'm pissed at 311 fans who talk trash about The Offspring in their shitty forum... :P

Outerspaceman21
08-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Oh, my apologies, mister Llamas... you're right, shouldn't call them that, guess I'm pissed at 311 fans who talk trash about The Offspring in their shitty forum... :P

Yeah, just because they pull that crap doesn't mean we have too.

Llamas
08-03-2010, 05:38 PM

Hey, sure, so be pissed at the idiots who do that... the band didn't do anything wrong. It's just kinda uncool to make a thread titled "311 = shit" just because you don't like some of their fans... bashing on bands due to their fans = shit. :P

Also, this thread reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFJIBtqunHY :D

Outerspaceman21
08-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Also, this thread reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFJIBtqunHY :D

Haha. Man, it's so long since I've listened to slipknot.

Lord Phidias
08-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Hey, sure, so be pissed at the idiots who do that... the band didn't do anything wrong. It's just kinda uncool to make a thread titled "311 = shit" just because you don't like some of their fans... bashing on bands due to their fans = shit. :P

Ok... I don't like their fans insulting The Offspring, but I disliked their music a lot as well... I know music doesn't have to be "punchy" all the time, I also like Mellow stuff, like Opeth's Damnation, but every song I listened to (actually I couldn't listen to a complete song of their's...) made me want to kill puppies. I apologize if I offended any of you, but I won't apologize to 311 for calling them shit!

And lol, Slipknot are awsum!!!

Supa
08-06-2010, 12:18 PM
I think they are okay. I tend to get sick of there music pretty quickly. Their mellow stuff is cool, but I don't really dig then that much. I wouldn't, however, go as far as to say they are crap.

This sums up my feelings about them.

Krojd
08-06-2010, 01:56 PM
...but every song I listened to made me want to kill puppies.

Haha :D

I apologize if I offended any of you, but I won't apologize to 311 for calling them shit!

Way to go, man!

mynamewastaken
08-11-2010, 08:28 PM
why have i never heard of this band?

mario_spaghettio
08-14-2010, 10:39 AM
LOL, says the Nickleback fan :) For the record, only a small percentage of 311's music is mellow.

Lord Phidias
08-15-2010, 02:40 AM
LOL, says the Nickleback fan :) For the record, only a small percentage of 311's music is mellow.

Yes sir, Nickelback is not shit, they're awesomer than the awesomest awesum!! Their power ballads and everything else they do is THE shit! Lol, I like to adopt this crappy fan attitude, I'm not really like this, it's just a character I play when bored... but I would like to hear one of those 311 songs, you know, the not mellow songs, will you help me out?:cool:

paul17
08-24-2010, 08:45 PM
mudvayne is the best!

Outerspaceman21
08-24-2010, 09:47 PM
mudvayne is the best!

Random post of the day

dff_punk
08-25-2010, 03:45 AM
So, to sum up your thoughts, Lord Phidias,

311 = shit
Nickelback = THE shit
???
:p

ad8
08-25-2010, 09:45 AM
mudvayne is the best!

Oh god this made me laugh.

yarock
08-25-2010, 10:43 AM
That's really unnecessary.I only know two songs of them-All Mixed Up and Don't Tread on Me-and they're above average.

The thread is really pointless.They could be shitty but not because of they are headlining some Offspring shows,what I understand from this thread's mainly basis ground.

The 'Rock' genre is going downhill when you look at the last few years.Not more than five 'listenable' releases coming up perr year.For example I only like Massive Attack album for this year(You can't call that 'Rock',I know that).I was expecting some good stuff from The National and Stone Temple Pilots but they really came up short.

But Nickelback sucks and their vocalist looks like an asshole,you got my support on that.One of the most overrated bands as of today.

Jojan
08-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Them and shit is not the same thing.

Retard
08-25-2010, 09:41 PM
That's really unnecessary.I only know two songs of them-All Mixed Up and Don't Tread on Me-and they're above average.

The thread is really pointless.They could be shitty but not because of they are headlining some Offspring shows,what I understand from this thread's mainly basis ground.

The 'Rock' genre is going downhill when you look at the last few years.Not more than five 'listenable' releases coming up perr year.For example I only like Massive Attack album for this year(You can't call that 'Rock',I know that).I was expecting some good stuff from The National and Stone Temple Pilots but they really came up short.

But Nickelback sucks and their vocalist looks like an asshole,you got my support on that.One of the most overrated bands as of today.

you've only heard one good album this year? damn dude you gotta get out more.... i havent even heard the new STP album and I knew it was gonna be bad..... cuz all their other ones are.

Walla_Walla 93
08-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Music is completely based on opinion. Personally I 311 is a good band but I am pretty open minded with music

Lord Phidias
08-26-2010, 09:33 AM
So, to sum up your thoughts, Lord Phidias,

311 = shit
Nickelback = THE shit
???
:p

Yes sir!! Completely different things, to be shit and to be THE shit!:p

Yeah, fucking Chad, I used to like him, but with that fucking retard look, he really looks like an asshole... but they still rock! Now, please recommend to me the best 311 songs, maybe I can change my mind and create a "311 not shit" thread...

dff_punk
08-26-2010, 05:18 PM
maybe I can change my mind and create a "311 not shit" thread...

Better not, holland25 will assasinate you :D

Llamas
08-27-2010, 04:14 AM
Now, please recommend to me the best 311 songs

I actually like this 311 song. I'm sure you hate it, but it's pretty good. Good guitars, pretty rocking at points. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p71wxrmbdsY&ob=av2n

This one is also pretty good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3jvKqvDG6w&feature=related

And this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlfN0lElX0w

It's all about what kind of music you dig... but 311 definitely writes original music and has talent. I've never really gotten into them, but they're definitely not a bunch of hacks who can't play their instruments or write the same song 500 times.

JohnnyNemesis
08-27-2010, 05:28 AM
311 definitely writes original music

?!??!??!

they're definitely not a bunch of hacks who...write the same song 500 times.

?!????!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!

bouncingcoles
08-27-2010, 10:06 PM
ya im not a huge fan of 311 but from what iv heard that are pretty alright. i saw them briefly at the unity tour but left soon after. the songs i know by them are pretty good. ill be here awhile is a great song

Llamas
08-28-2010, 10:02 AM
?!??!??!

?!????!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!

Eh, I knew someone would take the snob route with that post... not surprised it was you :D I'm sure you won't read/take this post seriously, but whether or not you or I like 311's songs is irrelevant; they're a pretty diverse band. Listen to Down (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAvdsHlL8Ug&ob=av2n) (the one song of theirs that I know and completely dislike) and Amber (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36_yMkBYHY4&ob=av2n). They don't sound anything alike... a lot of the time I hear a 311 song I don't even know it's them, because they sound really different over time. I still don't really care for them, but they're sure no Pennywise or Coldplay in terms of writing the same songs over and over.

JohnnyNemesis
08-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Eh, I knew someone would take the snob route with that post... not surprised it was you :D I'm sure you won't read/take this post seriously, but whether or not you or I like 311's songs is irrelevant; they're a pretty diverse band. Listen to Down (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAvdsHlL8Ug&ob=av2n) (the one song of theirs that I know and completely dislike) and Amber (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36_yMkBYHY4&ob=av2n). They don't sound anything alike... a lot of the time I hear a 311 song I don't even know it's them, because they sound really different over time. I still don't really care for them, but they're sure no Pennywise or Coldplay in terms of writing the same songs over and over.

I like 311's songs. Actually, they were one of my first favorite bands and "Prisoner" and "Hive" still get regular plays on my rotation. But they're extremely unoriginal and they DO write the same songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. They have like, 3 categories of songs that they just repeat nonstop (you showed us two, thanks), and the only deviation has been a portion of the "Transistor" album so far. And once Hexum or SA kick in they're instant identifiable, they haven't done anything to change their delivery in ages.

Being able to recognize that isn't snobbery, it's active listening. Try it.

Llamas
08-29-2010, 06:47 AM
I like 311's songs. Actually, they were one of my first favorite bands and "Prisoner" and "Hive" still get regular plays on my rotation. But they're extremely unoriginal and they DO write the same songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. They have like, 3 categories of songs that they just repeat nonstop (you showed us two, thanks), and the only deviation has been a portion of the "Transistor" album so far. And once Hexum or SA kick in they're instant identifiable, they haven't done anything to change their delivery in ages.

Being able to recognize that isn't snobbery, it's active listening. Try it.

Fuck no :mad::mad::mad:

No but seriously, I'll admit that maybe they're not really all that original, but I haven't heard anything that really sounds like them.

But regarding writing the same songs over and over, I don't think Come Original sounds like either of those songs, nor does Beautiful Disaster or Flowing. Most of their songs have a laid back reggae feel, but that doesn't make them all the same.

This thread is making me listen to too much 311. :P

Retard
08-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Woah wait..... Coldplay write the same song over and over again?

jeez the cds i have must be labled wrong.

jopre
09-10-2010, 03:55 PM
i didnt know to much about 311 untill the concert i went to with the offspring

Lord Phidias
09-13-2010, 11:01 AM
i didnt know to much about 311 untill the concert i went to with the offspring

OMG, you're so lucky! Going to a concert with The Offspring must be the most rad experience ever! I bet Dex and Noodles commented every song with you in a satirical and funny manner...

Little_Miss_1565
09-13-2010, 01:38 PM
OMG, you're so lucky! Going to a concert with The Offspring must be the most rad experience ever! I bet Dex and Noodles commented every song with you in a satirical and funny manner...

Snarking on someone's English as a second language is kind of a dick move, dude.

randman21
09-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Ha. I looked at that post several times, trying to figure out what he was doing there. Now it makes sense.

Shame on you, Lord Phidias.

Llamas
09-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Ha. I looked at that post several times, trying to figure out what he was doing there. Now it makes sense.

Shame on you, Lord Phidias.

Ha, I totally didn't get it, either. You'd think that someone who's trying to bash someone else's English would be good at making their point clear.

Outerspaceman21
09-13-2010, 05:36 PM

Nice try, no cigar.

Retard
09-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Why would they comment on a band that they've toured with? Seems kinda dooshy......

If they made comments about Nickelback on the other hand then itd be justifiable.... that band blows.

Lord Phidias
09-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh, common... almost everyone here is sarcastic and douchebaggy... it was just a joke, I didn't mean to offend that guy, besides, english is my second language too, and I wasn't being intolerant, a lot of people tend to use terms uncorrectly even in their mother languages... so, take it easy, jeez...

T-6005
09-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Shit = poopoo out my bum?!?

311 = not poopoo out my bum.

Ergo

311 (cool equal sign with a slash through it meaning DOES NOT EQUAL) shit?

clocks_R_slow
09-18-2010, 04:29 PM
i never even heard of them until this summer's tour w/ THE OFFSPRING. They're okay for what they are. I wouldn't listen to them though.

T-6005
09-18-2010, 10:01 PM
I must say, I just looked up Love Song on youtube and though I didn't particularly enjoy it, I am intrigued by their particular brand of musicianship. I think I'd probably enjoy seeing them live.

Also, it might just be me but I feel like the lead singer looks like Tahmoh Penikett.

My Name Was Taken
09-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Uhm... 311 is the police code for public indecency.

Retard
09-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Love song is a cover though...... but i can see how you wouldnt like it... no where close to the original. I actually really don't like 311 one that much.

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 04:27 AM
311 is quite nice to just sit back and relax or chill and blaze that mota and while listening to the cover love song by the cure. :rolleyes:

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 04:30 AM
i never even heard of them until this summer's tour w/ THE OFFSPRING. They're okay for what they are. I wouldn't listen to them though.

The Offspring nailed it! Rumor has it that 311 fans we're way too busy blazin' that mota....:rolleyes:.