PDA

View Full Version : Being an Offspring convert

jonahwalker
08-10-2010, 11:29 AM
I always liked a few songs by these guys, but never really listened to a lot of their music. A friend of mine bought Smash when we were like 14 or 15, and I thought it was ok, and while I loved Killboy Powerhead(what an awesome song!) I didn't care for Come out and play, their only big single at that point(although it has grown on me). Anyway, 5 or 6 years ago, me, my brother and 4 or 5 friends went to a festival in DC mostly because of The Cure and Modest Mouse. Let me tell you out of the like 20 bands that weekend, the Offspring blew them all off the stage, even more enjoyable for me than The Cure's set, and believe me, The Cure are a phenomenal live band. It was so hot that people were falling out left and right, 100+ degrees plus being pinned in with tons of people in RFK stadium-it was hot. Dexter hits the stage, and he was obviously a great frontman, very interactive with the audience and funny as all hell, when he got ahold of one of these fire brigade's hoses and doused the much-appreciative audience, cooling us down. And they sounded so tight, and unlike the other bands playing short sets due to it being a festival plus the intense heat, they played a long time. It was great. I got my money's worth from these guys for sure. So I went home and started downloading music I never heard, and was shocked at just how good these guys are. I would have to say my favorite songs are Killboy Powerhead, Pay the Man(this song is insane! I love it), Gone Away, Americana, Bad Habit, well I guess I could go on and on. So I am a believer for sure. This band went from something I hardly ever listened to, to one of my favorite bands that I listen to all the time. I love The Offspring!

DMelges
08-10-2010, 11:40 AM
That's great to hear man. Sounds like the show you went to was pretty awesome. Welcome to the family :D

Outerspaceman21
08-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Rad story man

Free?
08-10-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm enjoying the aftertaste of your post. Feels good.

Sofinch
08-10-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm enjoying the aftertaste of your post. Feels good.

He's the one they call Dr. Feel good, he's the one that makes you feel all right ;)

sortmanSly
08-11-2010, 02:11 AM
I feel exact the same man. The Offspring rocks!

sortmanSly
08-11-2010, 02:14 AM
He's the one they call Dr. Feel good, he's the one that makes you feel all right ;)

Nice dutch site u got there ;)

Lord_Gabo
08-11-2010, 03:06 AM
This story makes me happy! :D