PDA

View Full Version : Who sucks more, Nickleback or Fall Out Boy

mario_spaghettio
08-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Both bands are horrible, but which is worse and why?

Lord Phidias
08-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Both bands are horrible, but which is worse and why?

F**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you!

Nickelback is AWESOME, the best band of the decade according to Billboard. I care less aout Fall out boy, but I hated the MJ cover...

Rooster
08-10-2010, 02:56 PM
F**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you!

Nickelback is AWESOME, the best band of the decade according to Billboard. I care less aout Fall out boy, but I hated the MJ cover...

Ehm, just a thought here - if they're the best band of the decade according to Billboard, it doesn't mean shit. It just means their albums sales are great, but it doesn't tell anything about the quality of the band. I didn't want to reply to this thread because it seems as another pointless attempt at trolling, i just wanted to reply to you.

Llamas
08-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Lol! 331 is shit! Don't you dare insult Nickelback!!!

Furthermore, lame thread.

Rooster
08-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Lol! 331 is shit! Don't you dare insult Nickelback!!!

Hypocrisy at its best (or worst)? And i agree with you, lame thread.

WebDudette
08-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah, the thread is ridiculous. As far as I know, the two bands have absolutely nothing in common.

But I'm going to say something anyway. Nickelback is one of the worst things to happen to music. This like grunge revival thing they got going on, or whatever you want to call it, is horrible. On top of that, every band in the genre sounds exactly the same. Repetitive and unoriginal music. Grunting vocals. Worthless lyrics, probably about bars and bitches or something. Unless you're Creed, then they're about God. There is a station out here 97.9 The Big Red Radio, it's the worst station ever, sincerely. All they play is grunting vocal, typical, bullshit and it all sounds the same. Nickelback, Puddle of Mud, Seether, Shinedown, Creed, Pappa Roach, Staind, all that crap, sounds almost identical.

Anyway, I like Fall Out Boy, I can certainly see why others wouldn't. But they have no relation to Nickelback and people who hate Fall Out Boy 'just because' are ignorant fucks.

Llamas
08-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah, the thread is ridiculous. As far as I know, the two bands have absolutely nothing in common.

But I'm going to say something anyway. Nickelback is one of the worst things to happen to music. This like grunge revival thing they got going on, or whatever you want to call it, is horrible. On top of that, every band in the genre sounds exactly the same. Repetitive and unoriginal music. Grunting vocals. Worthless lyrics, probably about bars and bitches or something. Unless you're Creed, then they're about God. There is a station out here 97.9 The Big Red Radio, it's the worst station ever, sincerely. All they play is grunting vocal, typical, bullshit and it all sounds the same. Nickelback, Puddle of Mud, Seether, Shinedown, Creed, Pappa Roach, Staind, all that crap, sounds almost identical.

Anyway, I like Fall Out Boy, I can certainly see why others wouldn't. But they have no relation to Nickelback and people who hate Fall Out Boy 'just because' are ignorant fucks.

Ooooh this thread could get funnnnnn.

Also, I generally agree with the above. Except I thought that a few bands didn't belong in that list. Not that I like any of the bands in that list, but there are a few that I wouldn't consider to be this same genre. But I'd add Three Days Grace, Saliva, and Drowning Pool to the list. And Finger Eleven.

WebDudette
08-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Haha, yeah. I agree with those, especially Salvia. My original ones were 'Puddle of Mud, Seether, Shinedown, Creed', I pulled the others from Last.fm.

Oh, the radio in my truck is stuck on 97.9, it's fucking horrible. The only good thing about it is they play Loveline late at night, but that's not typically when I am driving.

Llamas
08-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Oh, the radio in my truck is stuck on 97.9, it's fucking horrible.

I take it that's the local crappy generic modern rock station in your city? I'd probably just turn off the radio, haha.

WebDudette
08-10-2010, 04:18 PM
I do, I drive with my mp3 player as long as the battery is charged, but yeah it is. I love the radio though, so I need to figure out how to get it unstuck. Not like, music radio. I listen to NPR and another talk station.

SuperKnux
08-10-2010, 04:49 PM
What's with people calling The Offspring, "Offy" anyways?!? SO DUMB!!

;)

Lord Phidias
08-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Nickelback is not horrible... they have catchy tunes and the same identical formula of grunge revival and blah bleh blaeh blahhh... but it's not horrible, it's pretty good, I like their music, I don't care if they are overproduced or if Chad looks like a fag with his hair like that, but c'mon... renew or die?? Really?? What if it's not new, they were just a canadian band who wanted to play music, maybe they didn't wanted to innovate anything, just play original stuff and maybe make a living out of it? I would love to do something like that, I don't give a crap about innovating, I want to play my shit, even if it isn't something new, and if people likes it, I will be lucky as hell, and maybe I'll think about merchandising it, I mean, why not?? I hate that type of prejudice, if mainstream audiences like it, then I hate it... give them a chance, they have good ballads and nice power songs.

But really, take that prejudice off your mind, I recently discovered 3oh!3, and I really liked them, and I never liked or appreciated Crunk before, I also like The Millionaires a lot, a friend of mine introduced them to me, the chicks are hot and their lyrics are funny...

WebDudette
08-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Did you even read my post? I like Fall Out Boy, it doesn't get much more mainstream then that. I even pointed out that people who dislike it just because they are famous are ignorant fucks. I don't dislike Nickelback because they are famous. I dislike them because all their music sounds exactly the same and I think they're boring. The grunting vocals and the 6th grade lyrics annoy the shit out of me.

Outerspaceman21
08-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Did you even read my post? I like Fall Out Boy, it doesn't get much more mainstream then that. I even pointed out that people who dislike it just because they are famous are ignorant fucks. I don't dislike Nickelback because they are famous. I dislike them because all their music sounds exactly the same and I think they're boring. The grunting vocals and the 6th grade lyrics annoy the shit out of me.

This. I don't listen to either bands, but this is the reason why I dislike Nickelback.

Llamas
08-10-2010, 05:56 PM
I actually really liked Nickelback when I was 17. I had their first three albums (Curb, The State, Silver Side Up) I liked the first two in my teenage years, and I thought Silver Side Up was alright, but most of the songs really sounded the same... when I was 19, "The Long Road" came out, and when I listened to it, I was so incredibly bored. There was nothing new on that album. It sounded like Silver Side Up part 2. I didn't bother with the next two albums because I hated The Long Road so much, and the singles for both albums sounded exactly the same as their old songs. I was a FAN of this band and I couldn't distinguish their songs. The first album was the only one that had anything remotely interesting on it.

I will actually admit that I like this song off their first album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAN67rks2ns
It might just be for nostalgic reasons that I like it, but I think it's leagues better than anything they've released in the last decade.

Lord Phidias
08-10-2010, 06:14 PM

Fair enoguh, :)
And I read your post, just wanted to make my point to other members, I've read your posts before and I can see you are not stupid

...maybe they didn't wanted to innovate anything, just...

OMG, please don't tell anyone you saw this grammatical mistake... especially Jojan...

Omni
08-10-2010, 07:27 PM
I dislike '00s post-grunge also, but I happen to like Shinedown.

Retard
08-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Wait how many releases do Nickelback have? My mother loves this band. I dont remember the name of it but the song where they have the video where it's basically all these different celebrities lipsynching to the song, is probably one of the biggest dooshiest rock songs ever. fuck i hate Nickelback......

all the other ones mentioned are pretty hilarious. 45? hilarious song!

I'm not a fan of Fallout Boy but my friends love them. I will say i was impressed with their sets both times i saw them. Something about Patrick Stumps voice though that gets to me. Only my opinion though.

mario_spaghettio
08-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Anyway, I like Fall Out Boy, I can certainly see why others wouldn't. But they have no relation to Nickelback and people who hate Fall Out Boythey're related in that they both suck

T-6005
08-10-2010, 10:27 PM
I used to really like that one Nickelback song, the first big one I remember. How You Remind Me or something. I found the chorus to be enjoyably catchy. In all honesty, I still enjoy it for the nostalgia value. Having said that, I haven't listened to the song in years.

randman21
08-10-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm right there with you, T. I thoroughly enjoy "How You Remind Me," and not even just for nostalgic value.

Omni
08-10-2010, 11:39 PM
How You Remind Me is pretty good. So is Side of a Bullet.

jacknife737
08-11-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm going to lose about 10 000 of my valuable punx points here, but FOB's Take This To Your Grave has some freakishly catchy hooks on their songs: can't stand anything else by them though.

Nickelback is a crime against humanity (especially their lyrics), which the Canadian government still needs to apologize for.

mynamewastaken
08-11-2010, 09:36 AM
i'd say fall out boy sux more...
some of nickleback's stuff when i was really little was okay... i do NOT enjoy fall out boy

mynamewastaken
08-11-2010, 09:38 AM

where's the "like" button?

mynamewastaken
08-11-2010, 09:40 AM
...And Finger Eleven.

they used to be called the rainbow butt monkeys =]

Harleyquiiinn
08-11-2010, 09:42 AM
How you remind me was a great summer song. Maybe it wasn't a musical revolution but it was good enough. The rest sounds like that song.

There was song from Fall Out Boy that I liked... "I don't care" I think...

Anyway, IMO, Plain White Ts beats every other band named here when it comes to sucking. Everytime I hear "Hey There Delilah", I see massacred pinguins in my head. :(

Outerspaceman21
08-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Anyway, IMO, Plain White Ts beats every other band named here when it comes to sucking. Everytime I hear "Hey There Delilah", I see massacred pinguins in my head. :(

This! God I hate that band. Their music sounds like a 7 year old wrote their lyrics. I'm sorry if I offended any fans by that, but thats just how I feel.

Lord Phidias
08-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Damn, I think I'm the only Nickleback fan in this forum... they're no crime to humanity, why do you say that?? There are plenty of bands who really suck, bad, Nickelback is not one of them, they're very successful.

Llamas
08-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Damn, I think I'm the only Nickleback fan in this forum... they're no crime to humanity, why do you say that?? There are plenty of bands who really suck, bad, Nickelback is not one of them, they're very successful.

All I have to say to this is that success does not mean something doesn't suck. Look at William Hung.

Edit: 311 is also successful :)

randman21
08-11-2010, 04:09 PM
That was real smooth, what you did there, llama. I like it. ;)

Everytime I hear "Hey There Delilah", I see massacred pinguins in my head. :(
Yes! I didn't know if other people thought like that about the song. I thought it was kinda cool the first two or three times I heard it, but all of a sudden when I actually heard the lyrics, it became extremely painful to listen to.

I guess...on topic...Nickelback is my least favorite band of all time, ever. I can get into Fall Out Boy if the mood is right and there's nothing better on. So Nickelback.

JohnnyNemesis
08-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Thread summary: Lord Phidias has exceptionally horrible taste in music.

nieh
08-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I feel the need to point out that this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxgeSv88c2w) is the only Nickelback song I've heard that doesn't make my skin crawl.

WebDudette
08-11-2010, 08:05 PM
There was a commercial of Chad talking about a guitar before the video. He has a goatee and he wears sunglasses in the dark. That pretty much personifies their music.

Retard
08-11-2010, 09:00 PM
the only other thing besides their music that makes me want to hurt nickelback is the fact that they're canadian.

mynamewastaken
08-11-2010, 09:44 PM
the only other thing besides their music that makes me want to hurt nickelback is the fact that they're canadian.

isn't that kind of... idk... racist?

ad8
08-12-2010, 01:00 AM
What if it's not new, they were just a canadian band who wanted to play music, maybe they didn't wanted to innovate anything, just play original stuff and maybe make a living out of it? I would love to do something like that, I don't give a crap about innovating, I want to play my shit, even if it isn't something new, and if people likes it, I will be lucky as hell, and maybe I'll think about merchandising it, I mean, why not??
Wow, that should have been a punch in the face of most musicians up here.

WebDudette
08-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Only partially related, a drawing I did of Pete Wentz a while back:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/SystemSloth/IMG_9888.jpg

mario_spaghettio
08-12-2010, 07:39 AM
All I have to say to this is that success does not mean something doesn't suck. Look at William Hung.

Edit: 311 is also successful :)Look at most of the pop punk garbage many of you listen to. Not talking about the Offspring of course, but really now, pop punk in general is trash. How can you rate any of those whiny, prepubescent, painted fingernail wankers over a great band like 311?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z4nGL4uUjc

findout5
08-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Either way anyone answers this, it's gonna be bad! :p
It's a die or die question!

Llamas
08-12-2010, 01:42 PM
isn't that kind of... idk... racist?

Yes. Cause Canadian is totally a race.

Look at most of the pop punk garbage many of you listen to. Not talking about the Offspring of course, but really now, pop punk in general is trash. How can you rate any of those whiny, prepubescent, painted fingernail wankers over a great band like 311?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z4nGL4uUjc

I know you're a troll, but I still find it funny that you assume that I like pop punk :) Way to quote my post and make assumptions about my musical taste :D Also, I've actually defended 311 on this forum... I'm pretty indifferent to them, but go read the "311 = shit" thread. Nice try trollin' - better luck next time :)

Lord Phidias
08-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Thread summary: Lord Phidias has exceptionally horrible taste in music.

LOL, just because I really like Nickelback doesn't mean that I have a terrible taste in music, but it made me laugh, in a good way! I'm not being an ass or sarcastic! :D

I know you're a troll, but I still find it funny that you assume that I like pop punk :) Way to quote my post and make assumptions about my musical taste :D Also, I've actually defended 311 on this forum... I'm pretty indifferent to them, but go read the "311 = shit" thread. Nice try trollin' - better luck next time :)

Being indiferent is not liking something, in my opinion. You can't be indifferent to anything, think about it.

AP guy
08-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I love Nickelback. Even if you dont like thier music, they put on one hell of a concert

Lord Phidias
08-12-2010, 06:58 PM
I love Nickelback. Even if you dont like thier music, they put on one hell of a concert

Yay, I'm not the only one! :D
If only they came to Mexico...

Walla_Walla 93
08-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Nickelback has a few good songs here and there... Fallout boy just straight up sucks

Retard
08-12-2010, 09:31 PM
nah i'm insulted by the fact that i have to from the same country as them. ok it was my great grandmother... but I do have family up there. so fuck you nickelback leave canada to the good people.

JANNY
08-13-2010, 01:21 AM
Nickleback is perfect :D but Fall Out Boy is the Fucking Bullshit...

Llamas
08-13-2010, 06:51 AM
Being indiferent is not liking something, in my opinion. You can't be indifferent to anything, think about it.

You can't be indifferent to anything? Really? Do you know the meaning of "indifference"? It means you're unconcerned. I don't like or dislike 311; I simply don't really care. I hate Nickelback because they're horrible, but 311 isn't really good or bad. So I have no particular interest in liking or disliking them.

That is all.

Retard
08-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Indifference is How i've become associated with fall out boy.... I've grown to accept them because my friends are huge fans.... but I still never want to listen to them if they put it on or ever by myself.

Llamas had the perfect definitiion of indifference

Lord Phidias
08-15-2010, 02:53 AM
Nickleback is perfect :D but Fall Out Boy is the Fucking Bullshit...

This...

You can't be indifferent to anything? Really? Do you know the meaning of "indifference"? It means you're unconcerned. I don't like or dislike 311; I simply don't really care. I hate Nickelback because they're horrible, but 311 isn't really good or bad. So I have no particular interest in liking or disliking them.

That is all.

Dude, you're treating me like if I was retarded... or a stupid fanboy, I don't know why you mock me, and it's weird, I say 311 is shit and everyone is so polite... I say I like Nickelback and you want to crudify me... well, nevermind, I'll just try to explain why you can't be indifferent to anything... whenever you recognize something's existence you start to judge it by its appearance, sound, smell or whatever, you create the concept in your head and you decide if you like it or not... damn, fucking english, I used to speak and/or write very fluently... what I'm trying to say is that even if you (think you) don't care about something, you actually have an opinion, and it can't be just meh... damn, I'm finding it very difficult to explain myself, let's just leave it here,lol, it's kinda late...

WebDudette
08-15-2010, 03:44 AM
I agree, that you must have at least the slightest opinion on something, but that doesn't necessarily mean you aren't still indifferent. If that is true, then what exactly does indifferent mean?

Llamas
09-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Didn't want to make a new thread about this... but I actually think I *like* Fall Out Boy. They're not anything super amazing, but they have a really good sound, I like the singer's voice, and the songs aren't predictable nor do they sound the same. I've been kinda nostalgic lately, which involved listening to Fall Out Boy's "Take This to your Grave" from 2003. I used to adore that album. Listening to that led to me wanting to listen to "This Ain't a Scene"... so I grabbed that album, and it's pretty damn good. FOB was really fun to hate a few years ago, but they're really not a bad group.

Still don't dig their lyrics... but they *do* have better lyrics than Nickelback.

WebDudette
09-06-2010, 02:21 PM
I love me some Fall Out Boy, they're just fun. That and they base some of their style on one of my favorite artists, so much so that he sued them and is credited on Infinity on High.

Llamas
09-06-2010, 02:26 PM
I love me some Fall Out Boy, they're just fun. That and they base some of their style on one of my favorite artists, so much so that he sued them and is credited on Infinity on High.

They are really fun. And Infinity on High is the one I like the most (though I haven't heard the 2009 album). Which artist is it?

WebDudette
09-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Wes Eisold (http://www.punknews.org/article/22623), it's mostly lyrics. the end of the song XO sound ridiculously similar to some of the stuff he has done.

Retard
09-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Background Music by Give Up the Ghost is a great album...... only one by that band I've heard... but I've heard the rest are just as great. Eisold's other band SOME GIRLS is pretty fucking awesome.... so intense.

WebDudette
09-06-2010, 06:23 PM
All of American Nightmare/Give up the Ghost's albums are fantastic. Some Girls is great too, XO actually sounds a lot like Some Girls.

Retard
09-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I'll have to check out XO then. Thanks dude

WebDudette
09-06-2010, 07:09 PM
XO the Fall Out Boy song, that is. The last bit of it is very Some Girls-esque. XO Skeleton, Wes's other band, isn't anything like Some Girls, but they're awesome.

Retard
09-06-2010, 07:37 PM
oohh ok. hahaha i've probably heard the fall out boy song.... my friends are huge FOB fans.

nameless
09-08-2010, 02:16 PM
nicklebacks hits are only good for so long and they quickly become stale whereas fall out boy tended to have more of the sing along anthems!

Retard
09-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Nickelbag's hits are never good dude.

Omni
09-13-2010, 11:09 PM
I like pretty well all of the Nickelback hits that aren't about an aging rock star getting laid by groupies. Too Bad, Side of a Bullet, How You Remind Me, all songs I enjoy.

offsrx
09-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Why do you hate them guys? I think they are a very good band.

Llamas
09-14-2010, 03:59 AM
I like pretty well all of the Nickelback hits that aren't about an aging rock star getting laid by groupies. Too Bad, Side of a Bullet, How You Remind Me, all songs I enjoy.

Ha, I've never listened to their lyrics. Which songs are about that?

Why do you hate them guys? I think they are a very good band.
lolz. figures.