PDA

View Full Version : Finnish Idol winner and his band performing All I Want

Zee
08-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Thought he'd sing better than that, shows that Dexter's the one that has some real talent. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj8jKfmMl34

dexter12296566
08-16-2010, 12:35 AM
It's cool that he covered it and all but he isn't that great of a talent and the quality of that video isn't that great. You can't really understand what he's saying.

Sofinch
08-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Since they won the Eurovision Song Contest in 2006, I'm convinced the Fins have an absolute great taste of music, and this guy proves it again.

randman21
08-16-2010, 03:42 AM
Pretty cool. I'm just having a hard time processing a guy that wins a TV singing contest playing something this hard. I couldn't imagine Kelly Clarkson doing this.

ad8
08-16-2010, 03:56 AM
Pretty cool. I'm just having a hard time processing a guy that wins a TV singing contest playing something this hard. I couldn't imagine Kelly Clarkson doing this.

Agreed. I can imagine few things that are farther from The Offspring than the German "Idol" winners.

Krojd
08-16-2010, 04:02 AM
Finland is a great country, nice pople, beautifull nature, great bands (Sentenced all the way!), rallye, hockey... I like the cover.

Stylie
08-16-2010, 05:26 AM
Okay! Really cool that he covers a The Offspring song, but'eh...I just had to listen to the original song after this one.

Gustavo
08-16-2010, 06:27 AM
I don't think it's bad, not at all. I mean, you can't expect a cover to sound like the original studio version, you can't even expect the original band to sound like the original studio version live. I think he did a good job, I've seen better covers, but it's alright.

I think that he could've done a better job with the lyrics, though. I barely understood what he said, nor did I actually recognize the lyrics. I do know English is not his native language and it might be a problem, but he could have tried a little bit harder.

ad8
08-16-2010, 08:56 AM
I've heard better ones too but unquestionably I'd be impressed if i was on that concert.
And, why not in Finnish? :( that'd be something.

You mean in Finnish like in THIS ONE?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FakZkR2yqeA
I'd be all for it :D

Llamas
08-16-2010, 10:14 AM

Yeah... unfortunately hard rock just isn't as popular in the US as it is in Finland. I'm pretty convinced that Finland makes the best hard rock.

I think the quality of that video sucks... people shouldn't be blaming the singer for the fact that we can't understand him - the entire sound of the song is extremely muffled. Lame :( Still very cool that the Finnish idol winner sang an Offspring song!

Sofinch
08-16-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm pretty convinced that Finland makes the best hard rock.

I must say that you're absolutely correct in that!

but whatever, I'm getting off topic

mynamewastaken
08-16-2010, 11:13 AM

that's horrid! his voice is so monotonous and low! doesn't do The Offspring justice. AND TO PUT DEXTER'S FACE ON THAT!!!!!!!!

holland25
08-18-2010, 01:43 PM
I always thought that Finnish Idol consists of choosing the most radio friendly black metal band...

Zee
08-18-2010, 03:34 PM
You mean in Finnish like in THIS ONE?
I'd be all for it :D

Hah, yeah that's a rad version of What Happened To You... This band almost got into the Eurovision song contest from our country. :D

This Idol winner put his pop-metal solo project on hiatus and joined the band Amoral which was quite respected over the world actually. Their old stuff is pretty heavy and you can barely hear clear vocals... it's a bit different now. Some good songs though.

offsrx
08-22-2010, 05:14 AM
He sang it great. I like it.
Wow, but now i see big error at the end. Well he was pushing it too hard.

Jojan
08-22-2010, 08:06 AM
http://www.disarm.se/data/bildunttext_nsfw/sweden_sucks.jpg

Free?
08-22-2010, 03:41 PM
What does sucking Sweden have to do with the subject?

I felt too old to enjoy that band.

Yeah... unfortunately hard rock just isn't as popular in the US as it is in Finland. I'm pretty convinced that Finland makes the best hard rock.

I thought they were a metal band. And while Scandinavian metal is huge, I never felt the same about Scandinavian hard rock. Maybe it's just me though.

nameless
08-22-2010, 03:44 PM
it was pretty good although i did feel the backing vocals were a lot sharper than the actual singers!

andrea.
08-23-2010, 04:06 PM
I think it's not a bad cover.
In the beginning of the song, I heard "argh argh aaa argh"
and later then I recognized the song. xD

btw. Is singer male or female? :confused:

Free?
08-23-2010, 04:43 PM
I think it's not a bad cover.
In the beginning of the song, I heard "argh argh aaa argh"
and later then I recognized the song. xD

btw. Is singer male or female? :confused:

It doesn't have a pair of thingies, nor mustache too. Not clearly male or female.
So what to do?

andrea.
08-23-2010, 04:48 PM
It doesn't have a pair of thingies, nor mustache too. Not clearly male or female.
So what to do?

Don't pick it up I say..
Unless you can throw it away .. :)

Mary 13
08-23-2010, 07:04 PM
yikes.

what the hell was that axl rose :eek: :rolleyes:

lol just kidding folks. i think it's a decent cover.

:o