PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Community Center Controversy:

mynamewastaken
08-17-2010, 08:32 AM
There's a manufactured controversy over whether or not an Islamic Community Center should be allowed to be built 2 blocks away from where 9/11 occured.

mynamewastaken
08-17-2010, 08:34 AM
A group of progressive Muslim-Americans plans to build an Islamic community center two and a half blocks from ground zero in lower Manhattan. They have had a mosque in the same neighborhood for many years. There's another mosque two blocks away from the site. City officials support the project. Muslims have been praying at the Pentagon, the other building hit on Sept. 11, for many years.

In short, there is no good reason that the Cordoba House project should have been a major national news story, let alone controversy. And yet it has become just that, dominating the political conversation for weeks and prompting such a backlash that, according to a new poll, nearly 7 in 10 Americans now say they oppose the project. How did the Cordoba House become so toxic, so fast?

In a story last week, the New York Times, which framed the project in a largely positive, noncontroversial light last December, argued that it was cursed from the start by "public relations missteps." But this isn't accurate. To a remarkable extent, a Salon review of the origins of the story found, the controversy was kicked up and driven by Pamela Geller, a right-wing, viciously anti-Muslim, conspiracy-mongering blogger, whose sinister portrayal of the project was embraced by Rupert Murdoch's New York Post.

Here's a timeline of how it all happened:

•Dec. 8, 2009: The Times publishes a lengthy front-page look at the Cordoba project. "We want to push back against the extremists," Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the lead organizer, is quoted as saying. Two Jewish leaders and two city officials, including the mayor's office, say they support the idea, as does the mother of a man killed on 9/11. An FBI spokesman says the imam has worked with the bureau. Besides a few third-tier right-wing blogs, including Pamela Geller's Atlas Shrugs site, no one much notices the Times story.
•Dec. 21, 2009: Conservative media personality Laura Ingraham interviews Abdul Rauf's wife, Daisy Khan, while guest-hosting "The O'Reilly Factor" on Fox. In hindsight, the segment is remarkable for its cordiality. "I can't find many people who really have a problem with it," Ingraham says of the Cordoba project, adding at the end of the interview, "I like what you're trying to do."
•(This segment also includes onscreen the first use that we've seen of the misnomer "ground zero mosque.") After the segment — and despite the front-page Times story — there were no news articles on the mosque for five and a half months, according to a search of the Nexis newspaper archive.
•May 6, 2010: After a unanimous vote by a New York City community board committee to approve the project, the AP runs a story. It quotes relatives of 9/11 victims (called by the reporter), who offer differing opinions. The New York Post, meanwhile, runs a story under the inaccurate headline, "Panel Approves 'WTC' Mosque." Geller is less subtle, titling her post that day, "Monster Mosque Pushes Ahead in Shadow of World Trade Center Islamic Death and Destruction." She writes on her Atlas Shrugs blog, "This is Islamic domination and expansionism. The location is no accident. Just as Al-Aqsa was built on top of the Temple in Jerusalem." (To get an idea of where Geller is coming from, she once suggested that Malcolm X was Obama's real father. Seriously.)
•May 7, 2010: Geller's group, Stop Islamization of America (SIOA), launches "Campaign Offensive: Stop the 911 Mosque!" (SIOA 's associate director is Robert Spencer, who makes his living writing and speaking about the evils of Islam.) Geller posts the names and contact information for the mayor and members of the community board, encouraging people to write. The board chair later reports getting "hundreds and hundreds" of calls and e-mails from around the world.
•May 8, 2010: Geller announces SIOA's first protest against what she calls the "911 monster mosque" for May 29. She and Spencer and several other members of the professional anti-Islam industry will attend. (She also says that the protest will mark the dark day of "May 29, 1453, [when] the Ottoman forces led by the Sultan Mehmet II broke through the Byzantine defenses against the Muslim siege of Constantinople." The outrage-peddling New York Post columnist Andrea Peyser argues in a note at the end of her column a couple of days later that "there are better places to put a mosque."
•May 13, 2010: Peyser follows up with an entire column devoted to "Mosque Madness at Ground Zero." This is a significant moment in the development of the "ground zero mosque" narrative: It's the first newspaper article that frames the project as inherently wrong and suspect, in the way that Geller has been framing it for months. Peyser in fact quotes Geller at length and promotes the anti-mosque protest of Stop Islamization of America, which Peyser describes as a "human-rights group." Peyser also reports — falsely — that Cordoba House's opening date will be Sept. 11, 2011.

Lots of opinion makers on the right read the Post, so it's not surprising that, starting that very day, the mosque story spread through the conservative — and then mainstream — media like fire through dry grass. Geller appeared on Sean Hannity's radio show. The Washington Examiner ran an outraged column about honoring the 9/11 dead. So did Investor's Business Daily. Smelling blood, the Post assigned news reporters to cover the ins and outs of the Cordoba House development daily. Fox News, the Post's television sibling, went all out.

Within a month, Rudy Giuliani had called the mosque a "desecration." Within another month, Sarah Palin had tweeted her famous "peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate" tweet. Peter King and Newt Gingrich and Tim Pawlenty followed suit — with political reporters and television news programs dutifully covering "both sides" of the controversy.

Geller had succeeded beyond her wildest dreams.

Justin Elliott is a Salon reporter. Reach him by email at jelliott@salon.com and follow him on Twitter @ElliottJustin More Justin Elliott

mynamewastaken
08-17-2010, 08:36 AM
http://www.lazer1033.com/Morning-Moose---Homepage/3985599

listen to ppl tlk about it =]

ad8
08-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Did you write all that on your own?

mynamewastaken
08-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Did you write all that on your own?

haha! no... notice the (Justin Elliott is a Salon reporter. Reach him by email at jelliott@salon.com and follow him on Twitter @ElliottJustin More Justin Elliott )

the first post, yes.

Static_Martyr
08-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Bottom line to me is, whether you think they're being dicks about building a community center there or not, it's not illegal to do so. We can argue about whether or not they *should,* but as far as the law is concerned they have every right, as they're taxpaying American citizens.

I mean, I personally think it's in bad taste. I mean, these guys are aware of the potential misinterpretation of such a gesture --- I don't know how you could live in this country and not be aware of the possibility that this could be construed as a giant middle finger to the victims of the WTC bombings --- and they're still willing to go through with it. I wouldn't. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to.

The rest of it, as far as I'm concerned, is a religious dispute. I say, settle the law first and then let the Christians/Jews/Muslims/etc. duke the rest of it out.

ad8
08-18-2010, 03:08 AM
Bottom line to me is, whether you think they're being dicks about building a community center there or not, it's not illegal to do so. We can argue about whether or not they *should,* but as far as the law is concerned they have every right, as they're taxpaying American citizens.

I mean, I personally think it's in bad taste. I mean, these guys are aware of the potential misinterpretation of such a gesture --- I don't know how you could live in this country and not be aware of the possibility that this could be construed as a giant middle finger to the victims of the WTC bombings --- and they're still willing to go through with it. I wouldn't. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to.

The rest of it, as far as I'm concerned, is a religious dispute. I say, settle the law first and then let the Christians/Jews/Muslims/etc. duke the rest of it out.
I know this has the potential to probably be misinterpreted, but fuck! They are not islamic fundamentalists, they're normal muslims (from what I have heard until now) and they have a right to build their mosque wherever it's allowed. And if any other religious group may build a community center there, why shouldn't they? I as a christian would be pissed if I saw some mad fundamentalist blow up himself and other people with the consequence that our religious freedom would be restricted because of people who don't practice this religion in the way it's meant to be practiced.

mario_spaghettio
08-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Within a year of the mosque being opened, some of the members will be arrested for plotting terrorist acts.

Lizardus
08-18-2010, 04:40 PM
I say they build a strip club and burger joint right next or across the street from it.
Just for kicks.

Baldwin
08-21-2010, 07:27 AM
It's an Islamic community centre, it's several city blocks away from the WTC, and it's nine years later.

On a related note, I heard that Germany imports it's natural gas from Poland, the Catholic Church is operating churches in Spain, there are farms in Brazil that allow black people to work as cotton-pickers, and there's a department store in America that sells blankets on land that was probably used by Native American Indians at one time or another in the distant past.

wheelchairman
08-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Why would Germany need so much gas?

Oh.

Oh.........

randman21
08-21-2010, 09:52 AM
http://www.gofayetteville.com/images/Market%20House4.jpg

This is called the Market House. Slaves were sold there from 1832 when it was built, until 1865 when the American Abolition happened. It is now the centerpiece of the great city of Fayetteville, North Carolina.

WebDudette
08-21-2010, 09:09 PM
It's an Islamic community centre, it's several city blocks away from the WTC, and it's nine years later.

Not to mention there is already a Mosque 4 blocks from Ground Zero.

ad8
08-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Not to mention there is already a Mosque 4 blocks from Ground Zero.

And some people are still making a big deal of it. Some conservative blogs in Germany are offering conspiracy theories and stuff that just does not seem reasonable. I really don't know what to think of that, but I think that this issue is blown out of proportion.

Rag Doll
08-22-2010, 09:41 AM
There are also a bunch of "adult" stores near there already. I would think that would be more offensive, but whatever.

I think people are being absolutely ridiculous about this. Plus, it's been reported several times that the imam has actually HELPED the united states in the past with various things....where they're getting that he's some fundamentalist is beyond me.

Jojan
08-22-2010, 10:22 AM
* > USA

Either every religion get to has it building, or none.

JohnnyNemesis
08-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Why would Germany need so much gas?

Oh.

Oh.........

Oh fuck this was amazing.

DMelges
08-24-2010, 12:37 PM
http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/Ground-Zero-Mosque-the-dumbest-controversy-in-the-history-of-mankind.jpg

Retard
08-25-2010, 01:28 AM
My thoughts exactly dude.... granted i had no idea there was a mosque already there.....

my dumbass uncle thought they were actually building it ON ground zero.... that i didnt even give a shit about......

its all about racism in the long run

mario_spaghettio
08-25-2010, 09:02 AM
So when will the first suicide bomber hit Time Square?

ad8
08-25-2010, 10:40 AM
So when will the first suicide bomber hit Time Square?
Well you might answer that question yourself. Since you know that muslims are no human beings but rather mindless terrorists made of infinite anger against anything that symbolises liberty like the USA they are probably going to attack as soon as the first prayer is spoken in the new mosque. The only thing that could prevent the holy never failing western civilization from a terrorist bombing by mindless muslims would be the American army fighting the war on terrorism in the middle of New York, killing every single muslim who dares to stain divine place.

Seriously though, this is fucked up.

wheelchairman
08-25-2010, 11:17 AM
I don't know. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim mind you!

The Talking Pie
08-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Timothy McVeigh was muslim?

Oh, wait...

But seriously, terrorism only became cool when racism got involved. From both sides. That's both cool on both sides and racism on both sides.

In this country in particular, I hate how people seem to have forgotten that terrorism (and religious terrorism at that) has been around in its modern form for decades. And suddenly one quite successful terrorist attack changes everything? To and from what?

I call bullshit on the whole damned thing.

The best thing the West could have done about 9/11 would have been to act like it was only a minor inconvenience.

Baldwin
08-25-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't know. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim mind you!

Other way around.

Retard
08-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Arent there abortion clinics getting bombed and shit all the time down south? I know there was a dude who shot a man IN FUCKING CHURCH because the dude was an abortion doctor..... and there was all those christians in Indiana i think that got arrested a couple months back.... yea ok all muslims are terrorists.....

ad8
08-25-2010, 02:58 PM

Oh, wait...

But seriously, terrorism only became cool when racism got involved. From both sides. That's both cool on both sides and racism on both sides.

In this country in particular, I hate how people seem to have forgotten that terrorism (and religious terrorism at that) has been around in its modern form for decades. And suddenly one quite successful terrorist attack changes everything? To and from what?

I call bullshit on the whole damned thing.

The best thing the West could have done about 9/11 would have been to act like it was only a minor inconvenience.
Yes. In Germany there has been some trouble during the 1970s because of some left wing terrorism which had nothing to do with religion. And all of a sudden the Islam which DIDN'T EXIST FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS at all shall be the source of all evil.

Little_Miss_1565
08-25-2010, 03:21 PM
A cab driver here in NYC was slashed last night because he's Muslim. It sounds like he's going to be okay, and he managed to lock the douchebag in the back of the cab until the police arrived so he's going down hard for this. But it's just so fucking stupid. Like the anti-mosque protesters screaming at the random black guy just passing through the area. Get over yourselves, fundies.

jacknife737
08-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Some idiot-militia types have even suggested that Timothy McVeigh was a secret muslim, or was at least funded/aided by muslim extremists.

A cab driver here in NYC was slashed last night because he's Muslim. It sounds like he's going to be okay, and he managed to lock the douchebag in the back of the cab until the police arrived so he's going down hard for this. But it's just so fucking stupid. Like the anti-mosque protesters screaming at the random black guy just passing through the area. Get over yourselves, fundies.

That video is so disturbing.

Baldwin
08-25-2010, 03:47 PM
The dumbest controversy in the history of mankind

It was probably that time they dug up, mock-trialled and cut off the fingers of an already dead Pope because he visited Bulgaria without permission from the diocese. Or maybe it was the time they dug up the same dead pope, mock-trialled him again for the same crime, and then cut off his head. This doesn't even come close to the dumbest controversy in history.

wheelchairman
08-25-2010, 06:00 PM

Oh, wait...

Yeah but we're talking about REAL terrorism.

jacknife737
08-25-2010, 06:34 PM
I had proffs argue that the McVeigh wasn't a terrorist, rather, he was just a mass murderer.

The Talking Pie
08-26-2010, 10:16 AM
See, that kind of attitude really annoys me. McVeigh carried out exactly the same kind of terrorist attack; direct a vehicle into a building, make it go boom and have people die. Simples.

But let's be pedantic for a moment. Technically, one could say that the 9/11 culprits weren't terrorists. I don't think they wanted to terrorise people so much as make them stop living. Wasn't it always about destroying the core of the filthy American pig-dogs' fiscal world-raping society by killing the people and buildings of the number one US city, rather than just scaring people a bit?

wheelchairman
08-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Are you replying to me or Jackknife?

The Talking Pie
08-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Jackknife.

jacknife737
08-26-2010, 01:26 PM
See, that kind of attitude really annoys me. McVeigh carried out exactly the same kind of terrorist attack; direct a vehicle into a building, make it go boom and have people die. Simples.

But let's be pedantic for a moment. Technically, one could say that the 9/11 culprits weren't terrorists. I don't think they wanted to terrorise people so much as make them stop living. Wasn't it always about destroying the core of the filthy American pig-dogs' fiscal world-raping society by killing the people and buildings of the number one US city, rather than just scaring people a bit?

The proffs argument was made under the context of the current academic debate of what can be defined as terrorism, most feel that the term is applied much too broadly. The issue of whether or not he can be considered a terrorist comes down to two main points:

A lot of major anti-terrorism professionals/academics are starting to take the position that terrorists by definition can only be carried out by a group of persons and not by an individual. McVeigh under this definition wouldn’t classify as a terrorist.

Secondly, terrorism is also defined by the intent of the attacker. Essentially a terrorist wishes to bring about a fundamental change in society or government policy by their actions. McVeigh’s rational for planning the bombing was that he was angry due to his perceived notion that the US Federal government was being too intrusive in the lives of the citizenry. He didn’t mention anything about trying to change the nature of the US government, rather he hoped to engage in a sort of vigilante justice against it: following this line of thought, the Oklahoma City bombing is more defined as a revenge killing/mass murder than terrorism.

Using this same rational, the Fort Hood shooter wasn't a terrorist either.

If one starts defining terrorism (or i guess, more accurately "continue to define") by simply "violence against civilians", then you can apply the term to just about anyone, like say the Columbine killers. Then, the term just loses all relevance and meaning.

Edit: and for your 9/11 position. Michael Ignatieff once defined 9/11 as a conventional style attack, using non-conventional weapons: a Boeing 757 instead of cruise missiles. That said, i'd still argue though, that it was indeed a terrorist attack: because it was carried out by a group of asymmetrical actors, with the intent of altering US foreign policy towards Muslim states.

The Talking Pie
08-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Eh, I just typed a huge reply, but reading it back I was going off on too many pointless tangents...

Largely, you're right. Ish. But most people (academics included) have lost sight of what terrorism is and describe it only in the terms that most suit their viewpoint (or the viewpoint people expect of them).

What happened to the time when being a terrorist meant inspiring terror? Terrorism is a minor tool for political change (by unsettling the populace whilst other actions -- sometimes war -- are going on... The Blitz in WW2 is a good example of true and useful terrorism), not a primary one. None of the above were terrorists by the true definition of the word. But whatever. It suits to pick and choose in today's 'changed' world.

jacknife737
08-26-2010, 02:41 PM
I agree, it's an extremely complex issue, with no real easy way to sort it out.

I mean the issue you just raised, of state-sponsored terror (especially in a modern context) is an even bigger can of worms.

wheelchairman
08-27-2010, 06:21 AM
Jackknife.

Good, you're last two posts were so ambiguous I couldn't tell if you were taking me seriously or not.

Would've been rather amusing had you been.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-27-2010, 09:04 PM
This is a hugely stupid controversy. If you're against the Islamic Center, answer me two questions.

1. If you believe that these Muslims wish to practice their religion peacefully, then what exactly is offensive about that?

2. In the extremely unlikely event that this whole thing is an elaborate setup by al-Qaeda (JUST LIKE BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA'S PRESIDENCY OMG LOL), then how exactly would it benefit al-Qaeda to build this thing two blocks away from something they already blew the shit out of? You don't think maybe they'd want to branch out and get a new target?

Come on people. Use your heads.

Llamas
08-28-2010, 03:38 AM
This is a hugely stupid controversy. If you're against the Islamic Center, answer me two questions.

1. If you believe that these Muslims wish to practice their religion peacefully, then what exactly is offensive about that?

2. In the extremely unlikely event that this whole thing is an elaborate setup by al-Qaeda (JUST LIKE BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA'S PRESIDENCY OMG LOL), then how exactly would it benefit al-Qaeda to build this thing two blocks away from something they already blew the shit out of? You don't think maybe they'd want to branch out and get a new target?

Come on people. Use your heads.

I think these questions are irrelevant... it's not about what the Muslims want to *do* - the people who oppose it generally just think it's in horrible taste. Or at least I think that's what's going on. They think it's sort of like trying to rub in what happened. Like "hey we killed a tonna peeps here and now LOOK WE BUILD OUR MOSQUE BY THE RUBBLE". I was told this is a "very sensible argument against the Mosque": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjS0Novt3X4 There are sooooo many things wrong with what he says... but this seems to be what the protesters truly believe.

JohnnyNemesis
08-28-2010, 10:49 AM
but this seems to be what the protesters truly believe.

Yeah, but they're still fucking wrong because they're basing their beliefs on shit that's purely not fact.

Llamas
08-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Yeah, but they're still fucking wrong because they're basing their beliefs on shit that's purely not fact.

There are sooooo many things wrong with what he says... but this seems to be what the protesters truly believe.

ohai :)

The Talking Pie
08-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Man, the comments on that video make me angry. YouTube should never have implemented a comments section.

So many fucking idiots incorrectly quoting the Quran. And not just questionable interpretations of the text; most of the time flat-out reversals of what the quoted section actually states.

Can we declare Holy War on all the fucking idiots on YouTube? We could do with losing a few billion from the population.

WebDudette
08-28-2010, 11:10 AM
It gets worse. You can't build a Mosque in Tennessee either!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-25-2010/tennessee-no-evil

JohnnyNemesis
08-28-2010, 11:29 AM
ohai :)

Oh I know you agree, I was just reiterating my point for folks who might have seen the video and been like "lol i liek it".

Llamas
08-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Man, the comments on that video make me angry. YouTube should never have implemented a comments section.

So many fucking idiots incorrectly quoting the Quran. And not just questionable interpretations of the text; most of the time flat-out reversals of what the quoted section actually states.

Can we declare Holy War on all the fucking idiots on YouTube? We could do with losing a few billion from the population.

Oh I know you agree, I was just reiterating my point for folks who might have seen the video and been like "lol i liek it".

I stopped taking the video seriously after this line - "the religion that killed 3,000 people." I think it was like 30 seconds into the video. I was willing to listen with open ears and give his opinion a chance until he said that... and then it just went massively downhill from there. I can't even COUNT the problems. There was something about Europe being taken over by Muslims... I haven't seen a single Muslim in Austria or Czech. I'm sure they exist, but I feel like I'd see them now and then if they were taking over. I've seen Muslims in huge cities like Paris, Amsterdam, London... but I'm pretty sure there's just as many Christians, atheists, agnostics, Jews, and other folks... I know I'm preaching to the choir, but it's just so frustrating!

And Christians don't know shit about the Koran. The quotes about killing the infidels and shit didn't show up til after 9/11, and they only exist on extremely right-wing sites. Nobody who actually believes the Koran promotes killing Whitie through suicide bombing has ever even seen a copy of the book.

Speaking of Muslims, this is one of the best things EVER. http://humoncomics.com/clothes-confusion Make sure you read the description below the comic. <333333

I can't be arsed to rewatch that heaping pile of shit to recall the 5 million other idiotic things he claimed.

The Talking Pie
08-29-2010, 10:52 AM
That comic is awesome.

On one of the other subjects raised, whilst I do accept that I don't live in certain 'bad' places (whilst also accepting that my city has apparently always been overrun by the current favourite 'destroying-our-culture' minority), I rarely see people here who aren't white, let alone immigrants, benefit-cheats, terrorists and all of the above rolled into one. If it's really so bad, why don't I even see the ones who aren't trying to blow me up? Even just once in a blue moon?

The man in that video has most likely never even seen a Muslim other than on Fox News.

WebDudette
08-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Letter from Muhammad to Christians: (http://mirnazim.wordpress.com/2006/10/22/prophet-muhammads-letter-to-christians/)

This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.

Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them. No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims’ houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God’s covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate. No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray. Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).

I read all of those comics in a night or two. I don't even fully understand half of them, but I was compelled to go through the whole thing. I enjoyed reading them.

Llamas
08-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Letter from Muhammad to Christians: (http://mirnazim.wordpress.com/2006/10/22/prophet-muhammads-letter-to-christians/)
And yet I'm sure the extreme right would claim this was made up by Muslims who want to hide the truth, while they continue to cling to their Koran quotes from Christian websites... *sigh*. I'm bookmarking that link, though, for future occasions of idiocy where it would come in handy.

I read all of those comics in a night or two. I don't even fully understand half of them, but I was compelled to go through the whole thing. I enjoyed reading them.
Haha, I totally didn't get like a good third of them... but there's always an explanation under the comic - either explaining the stereotypes, or including links to where they're from.

A great example (which has become one of my favorites, now that I get it):

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/206/c/a/Just_a_Tool_by_humon.jpg

Explanation: "Boy have I gotten a lot of notes and what not about this.

Some strange item from the stone age was found in Sweden. People can't agree on what it is.

[link (http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoing?http://www.livescience.com/history/stone-age-carving-ancient-dildo-100720.html)]

For those who don't know, "Swedish Dildo" is slang for "Dildo for men"."

HILARIOUS!

wheelchairman
08-29-2010, 11:51 AM
In Copenhagen I see Muslims everywhere. Like working, studying, going about their business, etc. stuff like that.

Speaking of racist Danish kids on buses, a friend of mine saw a little girl point at a black guy and say 'You're all black'. To which the black guy responded 'and you're all white'.

I don't think I'd have been able to think that fast.

Llamas
08-29-2010, 12:10 PM
In Copenhagen I see Muslims everywhere. Like working, studying, going about their business, etc. stuff like that.
OMG HE'S RIGHT! THEY *ARE* TAKING OVER EUROPE!!!! :( :( :(

Speaking of racist Danish kids on buses, a friend of mine saw a little girl point at a black guy and say 'You're all black'. To which the black guy responded 'and you're all white'.

I don't think I'd have been able to think that fast.

haha, me neither. Is there any truth behind this whole "Danes are racist without even realizing it" stereotype?

wheelchairman
08-29-2010, 01:17 PM
I'd say that Danes have a different understanding of racism than many others do. I wouldn't call them racist, but there is no concept of political correctness, and their humor often lies in shocking people through this. So Danes would or could often say something that an American never would.

I can't think of an example but let's take the Mohammed Drawings. Many people would say that its discriminatory, a Dane simply wouldn't understand how. I actually ran a focus group on this for my bachelor project (between Danish and American students where the Danes were completely baffled by it being called discriminatory.) But then the Americans went on to say weird things like 'imposed by the ruling white majority.' (As if race relations can be cookie-cuttered from the US and super-imposed over Denmark).

So from the outside looking in, it would look racist I guess. If that answers your question?

Llamas
08-29-2010, 02:26 PM
I'd say that Danes have a different understanding of racism than many others do. I wouldn't call them racist, but there is no concept of political correctness, and their humor often lies in shocking people through this. So Danes would or could often say something that an American never would.

I can't think of an example but let's take the Mohammed Drawings. Many people would say that its discriminatory, a Dane simply wouldn't understand how. I actually ran a focus group on this for my bachelor project (between Danish and American students where the Danes were completely baffled by it being called discriminatory.) But then the Americans went on to say weird things like 'imposed by the ruling white majority.' (As if race relations can be cookie-cuttered from the US and super-imposed over Denmark).

So from the outside looking in, it would look racist I guess. If that answers your question?

I think I see what you mean. I thought people got their panties in a bunch over the Mohammed drawings for no reason, so I guess it's hard for me to consider that any sort of "racism". I often think that Americans get so scared of possibly remotely being considered racist that they overcompensate. From what you've described, Danes sound "normal" to me. :P

wheelchairman
08-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Well hten I don't know, I don't think Danes are more racist than anyone else. I guess maybe our racists aren't as well practiced as German, British, French or American ones... what with all the race riots and stuff...

:p

Grayson
09-01-2010, 03:18 AM
I guess this is a small preview to another year of Reilly's "War on Christmas".

Retard
09-02-2010, 10:13 PM
OBAMA'S A MUSLIM! AND A NAZI! A COMMIE NAZI MUSLIM WHO WANTS TO KILL GRANDMA!!!
AND THERES A WAR ON CHRISTMAS!

god i love David Cross

mario_spaghettio
09-04-2010, 05:47 PM
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8613/motivator9a7253cccd227d.jpg

Retard
09-08-2010, 11:52 PM
yes that wouldve made room for the mosque if it was on the fucking site of ground zero not two blocks away!

Lithuanian Offspring
09-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I'd hate to paraphrase Bloomberg on this, but there are like fast food joints, shopping stores, liquor stores, hot dog stands, and porn shops all with in blocks of ground zero. Sooooooo, who gives a shit if a Muslim center that has been there for years is getting remodeled? All of this talk is going to disappear by the end of November.

mario_spaghettio
09-09-2010, 02:24 PM
fast food joints, shopping stores, liquor stores, hot dog stands, and porn shops didn't kill nearly 3000 people on September 11 2001.

Little_Miss_1565
09-09-2010, 02:48 PM
fast food joints, shopping stores, liquor stores, hot dog stands, and porn shops didn't kill nearly 3000 people on September 11 2001.

And neither did Islam.

Static_Martyr
09-09-2010, 02:56 PM
And neither did Islam.

I was gonna say "neither did an Islamic community center," to keep up with the parallelism (and be a smartass), but that works, too :D

mario_spaghettio
09-09-2010, 04:21 PM
And neither did Islam.the attack was carried out in the name of Islam and millions of Muslims around the world celebrated the event while very few denounced it. Every one of the hijackers was Islamic and every one of the hijackers had a copy of the Koran on them.

The Talking Pie
09-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Tell you what. I'll blow up something tomorrow and say that I'm doing in the name of Mario Spaghettio. Millions of people on Facebook will celebrate it because people are stupid like that and even more will not denounce it because it's so goddamn obvious that it was a tragedy and after constant coverage of and condemnation of the tragedy on TV it really doesn't need to be said any more. I'll even have a copy of your diary on me when I do it. The one you keep under your bed that talks about those feelings you don't think you should be having. You know the one.

The Talking Pie
09-09-2010, 04:46 PM
I also can't help but wonder how you know that the hijackers all had the Qur'an upon their person. I'm pretty sure their personal possessions were destroyed along with the towers and all those people. Unless you're suggesting they found copies of the Qur'an amongst the rubble that somehow had magical explosion-resistant powers... as if protected by Allah, almost... But that would require Islam to be the one true religion and invalidate your argument, wouldn't it, Mario? Or should I say, Akbar?

yarock
09-09-2010, 04:57 PM
the attack was carried out in the name of Islam and millions of Muslims around the world celebrated the event while very few denounced it. Every one of the hijackers was Islamic and every one of the hijackers had a copy of the Koran on them.

You have to prove that statement.

Also highjackers carrying Qur'ans with themselves doesn't mean the book orders to massacre people.It strictly forbids violence for its believers.

mario_spaghettio
09-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Tell you what. I'll blow up something tomorrow and say that I'm doing in the name of Mario Spaghettio. Get thousands of like minded fanatics to do it for thousands of years all over the World and then maybe you're on to something.

The Talking Pie
09-09-2010, 05:08 PM
You mean like Christians? And any other group that's existed that a murderer who really just wants to murder someone can use to blame their actions on?

Do yourself a favour and read the Qur'an. Seriously. It does not tell people to do these things at all. People do them because they choose to be evil. Doing it 'in the name of Islam' is a reflection upon their poor character, not that of the organisation they use as their scapegoat.

The Talking Pie
09-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Also, thousands of years ago Muslims were either Christians or Jews.

Not that simple historical accuracy should stand in the way of your baseless attack against the religion of countless millions of people you can't possibly know.

mario_spaghettio
09-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm not defending any religion. All religion is bogus. All religion is for morons. Islam just happens to be the most brutal and bloodthirsty. How many Christians do you see cutting off people's heads with a machete? Should I post the videos? Do you want to see the work of the religion of peace? True, every religion spawns nutjobs, but Islam spawns a hell of a lot more sadistic shitbags than any other religion. You should really watch the videos though. They read from the Koran as they cut the heads off.

The Talking Pie
09-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Seriously, read the Qur'an. But buy it from a bookstore; don't find one of those online versions that have key passages that have been fundamentally altered... the ones nutjobs online keep quoting as proof of their 'Islam is evil' rhetoric.

And if you really want to get into it, I'll match every beheading video you can dig up with a video or bonefide account of something just as barbaric carried out by another religion, race, group, stereotype, etc.

The Talking Pie
09-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Allow me to also reiterate a very important point that I believe you are missing.

Islam / the Qur'an do not instruct Muslims to do any of the things that these terrorists do in the name of their religion. Reading the Qur'an will make that point very clear to you.

Following on from that, let us assume that every single Muslim was a terrorist. That would just mean that they were all terrorists, not that they are all terrorists because of Islam. That is a very small but extremely important difference.

I haven't seen a good Hitler comparison in this thread yet, so let me bring one up. Some say that Hitler was influenced by Nietzsche (how much of this is down to the poor fellow's sister is still a bit debatable, but that's another issue altogether). Can we blame Nietzsche for any of Hitler's actions? Even one of them? What Hitler chose to infer from Nietzsche was down to himself and no one else.

The Qur'an does not imply terrorism, it is only inferred. And that is not just a matter of semantics.

WebDudette
09-09-2010, 07:04 PM
So, there are rumors about the Preacher who is threatening to burn the Qur'an meeting with the imam about moving the mosque. He'll agree not to burn the Qur'ans if they agree to move the mosque. This is ridiculous bullshit on so many levels. It's damn near terrorism.

Mario, how do you feel about this letter from Muhammad?

This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.

Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them. No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims’ houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God’s covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate. No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray. Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).

Christians do horrible things in the name of God all the time. Countless people feel that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are God's war. Do you know how many people have died, innocent people even? A shit load more than 3000.

randman21
09-09-2010, 07:13 PM
So, there are rumors about the Preacher who is threatening to burn the Qur'an meeting with the imam about moving the mosque. He'll agree not to burn the Qur'ans if they agree to move the mosque. This is ridiculous bullshit on so many levels. It's damn near terrorism.
This was my first thought when I heard that. But it turns out the rumors are completely false. There has been no agreement to move the Mosque, AND the Qur'an burning has been "suspended". http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39074573/ns/us_news-security If they do this, I hope they find a way to prosecute him for something.

WebDudette
09-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Good deal, I was actually just listening to this stuff on the radio like an hour ago. There are just so many things wrong with it, I thought it might have been his way of trying to get out of burning the Qur'ans because it's a horrible idea.

Little_Miss_1565
09-09-2010, 07:54 PM
the attack was carried out in the name of Islam and millions of Muslims around the world celebrated the event while very few denounced it. Every one of the hijackers was Islamic and every one of the hijackers had a copy of the Koran on them.

I'm not defending any religion. All religion is bogus. All religion is for morons. Islam just happens to be the most brutal and bloodthirsty. How many Christians do you see cutting off people's heads with a machete? Should I post the videos? Do you want to see the work of the religion of peace? True, every religion spawns nutjobs, but Islam spawns a hell of a lot more sadistic shitbags than any other religion. You should really watch the videos though. They read from the Koran as they cut the heads off.

Some people quote the bible as they kill gay people. Does that make Christianity the religion of murderers?

By your logic, the makers of Spaghettios are offensively ignorant, not to mention racist, tools. I mean, someone with a Spaghettios icon posts offensively ignorant things to the politics section of a band's web forum, so it must be true.

The 9/11 attacks were denounced worldwide, FYI. The only people who think that few denounced the attacks are beyond gullible. By the way, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

WebDudette
09-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Oh fuck. The preacher from Florida just said that everyone up to moderate Muslims should be supporting them. So basically, if you aren't a Muslim Terrorist, burning the Qur'an is cool.

I was talking to someone earlier about it and she was like 'can't they just make more.' Seriously? Seriously?!

Harleyquiiinn
09-10-2010, 02:38 AM
This summer, this text message started to travel in the muslim community:

(approximative translation)

"It is with great emotion that we five the role of "responsible for all that goes wrong in France" to the Roms and Gypsies. Good Luck to them".

And it's sad but so true.

This year, the beginning of the Ramadan was announced in the newspaper as a very important event and most comments were kind and tolerant. We didn't really have people speaking about how Islam is taking other Europe and how immigration from Africa should be a lot more controled for 2 months.

It seems that muslims are given a break these days.

So... yeah, the solution for this is: send Roms to Tenessee and to Manhattan and it will solve all the problems...

Except for the Roms of course.

wheelchairman
09-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Manhattan and Tennessee would proably work. There are more gypsies (or whatever) on the American continents than in all of Europe, and amazingly they aren't a problem at all.

What's with your country and integration? :p

Llamas
09-10-2010, 07:36 AM
The part that bothers me the most about the Qur'an burning thing is that there were Muslims who died in 9/11, which means that tomorrow, not only will those people be mourning the deaths of their loved ones... but they'll also be having it rubbed in their faces and BLAMED by these assholes.

Why do people still reply to Mario spaghettio? I thought it was long ago established that he's a really obvious troll.

Llamas
09-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Manhattan and Tennessee would proably work. There are more gypsies (or whatever) on the American continents than in all of Europe, and amazingly they aren't a problem at all.

What's with your country and integration? :p

Ugh, this bothers me so much. People here always tell me I could never understand because I'm American. There are roughly 1,000,000 gypsies in the US. There are 11,000 in the Czech Republic. I know the US is 30x bigger than Czech, but 11,000 x 30 = 330,000. So we actually have a MUCH bigger concentration.

I know France has a bigger concentration than the US as a whole, but I'm sure you could find a region of the US that's comparable in size that has a huge concentration. And I've never known anyone in the US who had a problem with gypsies.

Harleyquiiinn
09-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Ugh, this bothers me so much. People here always tell me I could never understand because I'm American. There are roughly 1,000,000 gypsies in the US. There are 11,000 in the Czech Republic. I know the US is 30x bigger than Czech, but 11,000 x 30 = 330,000. So we actually have a MUCH bigger concentration.

I know France has a bigger concentration than the US as a whole, but I'm sure you could find a region of the US that's comparable in size that has a huge concentration. And I've never known anyone in the US who had a problem with gypsies.

[Very off topic] Ok, seriously, Gypsies and Roms aren't the same. There is a lot of confusion here these days.

First, France doesn't really have a problem with "its" gypsies. They lived here for century. Some people (I'd say most, maybe...) don't really enjoy having them around but there are laws so that they can live in decent conditions on adapted grounds (not always applied but anyway...) and everything. Except a few occasional problems, it's fine.
Now strangely, it's one of these occasional problems which led to the awful thing going on here since August. One gypsy stole something, he was shot in strange circumstances by a policeman and died. His community went to trash a (problem of translation) place where you find policemen ( :D )

and a few days later, our dear Sarko 1st decided that we should send all Roms back home, in Roumania and Bulgaria, because these camps are just dangerous ! Funny cause Roms had nothing to do with the Gypsies in the case who were french for generations (so... more french than me) and actually are sedentary.

Now Roms are from Romania and Bulgaria, mostly. They are immigrants and some of them don't legally have the right to be here, since these 2 countries are not completely in Schengen yet. But they didn't bother to check if they could stay or not before deciding to put them into charters.

And the government multiplies declaration to say how much this is justified. Like Brice Hortefeux (guard dog of sarko. He was found guilty of racial slurring 3 months ago but he is still in the government...). He said that in Paris, 1/5 thefts are committed by "romanians" (Which of course pissed Romania greatly. Romanians don't like to be confused with Roms...). This is of course completely wrong. Also, statistics based on ethnic origins are completely forbidden here.

I, of course, don't approve this politics and especially the way it's applied ("yeah yeah they said they were all ok to leave... what do you mean "they don't speak french" ? Good ! they can't go to Court then !")... but it would be a little dishonnest to say that it's only France's fault. The truth is, something needs to be done for integration on a European level. As long as these people are discriminated in their home countries and exploited, the problem won't be solved.

As for the Gypsies in the US, I really don't know their story so I couldn't say anything about it..[Off topic]

Little_Miss_1565
09-10-2010, 08:42 AM
As for Gypsies in the US -- no one cares about Gypsies or a "Gypsy problem" in the US. ;)

mario_spaghettio
09-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Also, statistics based on ethnic origins are completely forbidden here.
Why? Is the truth that bad?

Little_Miss_1565
09-10-2010, 10:02 AM

Oh my god, your shit is so boring...please, just stop.

The Talking Pie
09-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Why do people still reply to Mario spaghettio? I thought it was long ago established that he's a really obvious troll.

I feed the trolls because there are lots of stupid kids on this message board, and if people don't counter all the stupid rhetoric the trolls come out with these stupid fucking kids will accept that rhetoric because no one's disagreeing.

If I ever find out who it was that decided burying your head in the sand is the correct way to deal with trolls, I'll 9/11 his ass.

Harleyquiiinn
09-10-2010, 11:00 AM

I know you're trying to troll but I don't entirely disagree with you. Ethnical statistics could show the discrimination at work and the proportion of french from imigration among the poorest people in France, for example.

ad8
09-10-2010, 01:29 PM
As much as there is a word filter for censoring swearwords on other forums, there should be a truth filter for generalized arguments that just contradict/distort reality for posts like these.

jacknife737
09-10-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm more upset about the threats of Quran burnings, because i find the act of book burnings to be disgusting and unjustifiable, more so, than wanting to avoid acts of anti-religion.

The whole thing is fucking ridiculous as well, some attention-whore from florida, who's church is supposedly going bankrupt (hmm, possible motive for wanting publicity perhaps?) wanted to get on the news, that's it. The proper response should just have collectively yawned and ignore him: not turn it into a goddamn media circus.

Llamas
09-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Really, like 60% of people in the news are just attention-seeking whores... I don't know why it still surprises me, but I always seem to get caught off-guard. And of course, I'm always there to feed their hungry appetite.

Speaking of attention-seeking religious cults, Shirley Phelps of Westboro Baptist is clearly jealous of the attention this guy Terry is getting. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC9H7JHqnJw)

Paint_It_Black
09-11-2010, 03:20 AM
Speaking of attention-seeking religious cults, Shirley Phelps of Westboro Baptist is clearly jealous of the attention this guy Terry is getting. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC9H7JHqnJw)

I can't open your link here, but I assume it refers to Fred Phelps picking up the slack now the other guy pussed out. Seeing as I live in Topeka this just got interesting for me. I have to hand it to Fred, he does know how to do his thing really fucking well. And this is going to really confuse the average redneck. I'm not sure how they will be able to reconcile a man doing something awesome like buring the Quran with the fact that said man also claims that God hates America.

Llamas
09-11-2010, 05:38 AM
I can't open your link here, but I assume it refers to Fred Phelps picking up the slack now the other guy pussed out. Seeing as I live in Topeka this just got interesting for me. I have to hand it to Fred, he does know how to do his thing really fucking well. And this is going to really confuse the average redneck. I'm not sure how they will be able to reconcile a man doing something awesome like buring the Quran with the fact that said man also claims that God hates America.

Yep, Shirley has proclaimed that she and the church sill all burn Qur'ans today regardless of what Terry and his gang do. The interviewer asks her why she hates the Dove church, since they both seem to have similar views and motives... of course Shirley believes they're all going to hell and horrible people, as well.

And I think they're jealous because they've spent years trying to get attention, and all they've really gotten is internet news and maybe some stuff on some obscure cable channels, while Terry Jones became a major source of news on all top mainstream stations in just a week. I'd be jealous, too!

Llamas
09-11-2010, 09:46 AM
You know... as absolutely nuts as the members of Westboro are, I think they're some of the only people who actually follow the entire bible, and don't just pick and choose the parts they want to believe. Evangelists have painted god out to be this loving, compassionate being, even though most of the bible truly depicts god out to be a jealous, violent one who kills and smites those who don't believe. When the members of Westboro announce that god hates fags and god is angry with america, I think these people are actually taking the bible for what it is, and in a strange way, I respect that. Sure, they're bat-shit insane, but it's tiresome to have "christians" lecturing you about jesus while they're having pre-marital sex - which is strictly forbidden in the bible. They decide what they want to believe while judging others for not agreeing with them... at least Westboro is honest.

Paint_It_Black
09-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Brianna, I get what you're saying and somewhat agree. But did you know that the Phelps' don't actually aspire towards converting anyone? They don't want to save anybody. If I remember correctly they don't really think anyone but themselves can be saved. They spend all their time and effort telling us all that god hates us and we're going to hell...and it's basically just a "hey just FYI" kind of thing to them. They're just telling us what to expect. And I really don't see the point of that. I'd sort of understand them a bit better if they didn't consider themselves to be Christians. They're all about the old testament really, and since they don't seem to believe there's any hope for the rest of us it would seem to me that they really didn't bother to pay attention to the sequal. Not that I can really blame them. It's one of those lame PG-13 sequels to what was an excellent R-Rated bloodfest of an original. But anyway, I don't get what they're trying to achieve. That's actually what bothers me most about them. I see no clear motive for their actions.

And they still pick and choose what parts to believe. They cut their hair, for example. Isn't that forbidden somewhere in the bible? For some reason they just seem to pick the worst bits.

Llamas
09-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Brianna, I get what you're saying and somewhat agree. But did you know that the Phelps' don't actually aspire towards converting anyone? They don't want to save anybody. If I remember correctly they don't really think anyone but themselves can be saved. They spend all their time and effort telling us all that god hates us and we're going to hell...and it's basically just a "hey just FYI" kind of thing to them. They're just telling us what to expect. And I really don't see the point of that. I'd sort of understand them a bit better if they didn't consider themselves to be Christians. They're all about the old testament really, and since they don't seem to believe there's any hope for the rest of us it would seem to me that they really didn't bother to pay attention to the sequal. Not that I can really blame them. It's one of those lame PG-13 sequels to what was an excellent R-Rated bloodfest of an original. But anyway, I don't get what they're trying to achieve. That's actually what bothers me most about them. I see no clear motive for their actions.

And they still pick and choose what parts to believe. They cut their hair, for example. Isn't that forbidden somewhere in the bible? For some reason they just seem to pick the worst bits.

Actually, if you were able to watch the video I linked, it disproves two points you make: Shirley says in the video that the women don't cut their hair because the bible forbids it (and yes the bible forbids it, but only for women. men are allowed to cut their hair according to the bible)... and she also tells the host she's talking to that it's not too late and he could repent and everything and go to heaven. She also says that she wouldn't go through with burning the Korans if the entire US repented together and meant it. I think they'd WANT this to happen, but they know it won't, so they believe they're the only ones who will go to heaven because they're the only ones willing to be the way they are.

Oh and they do consider the new testament just as much. Just by looking at their homepage, they quote Matthew, Romans, Corinthians, Timothy, Jude, etc...

Where did you get your info about Westboro from?

mario_spaghettio
09-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I know you're trying to troll but I don't entirely disagree with you. Ethnical statistics could show the discrimination at work and the proportion of french from imigration among the poorest people in France, for example.I think burying information to hide the truth is worse than book burning.

Paint_It_Black
09-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Where did you get your info about Westboro from?

From them. I live in Topeka. That's where they're based. I see them quite often. I can tell you for a fact that their women do cut their hair. Maybe they have a few that don't but I've never seen even one with abnormally long hair. I've spoken with them personally, I've taken part in a counter-protest (before deciding that doing so amounts to feeding the trolls) and I've spoken to numerous people who know them. I did research for a planned documentary on them that never ended up happening because we couldn't find enough people willing to make the neutral documentary on them that we wanted to make.

I never meant to imply that they don't claim to follow the new testament. I meant that in practice they don't appear to focus on it at all, at least in terms of themes. But yes, I'm sure they claim to.

I'm sitting here right now actually with a guy who had a horrible experience involving them. When he first moved here he wasn't aware of them and the first time he saw them picketing on the side of the street he was so shocked that he run a light, broadsided a family, nearly killing several small children. His lawyer tried to make a case that the Phelps' caused the accident by intentionally distracting drivers. I personally think you could make a very good case out of that, but the Phelps' tend to win their legal battles.

I still haven't watched your link because I can't watch it at work. I may very well be wrong about some details regarding them, but keep in mind they are mostly just full of shit. It doesn't suprise me at all that they might sugarcoat their motivations for tv. But I'm not buying it. I've heard them say they aren't trying to save anyone and that almost none of us can be saved. Their god is not a forgiving god. It's too late for us. I've seen them say it on film too.

One possibility though is that they've decided to take a different approach. Maybe they are looking to convert some folks and gain some new recruits. It's possible.

mario_spaghettio
09-12-2010, 08:13 PM
What happened to the pics of the Muslims burning the American flag and the videos of the Muslims celebrating in the streets after 9/11? Both are very relevant to the topic at hand. Censorship is not punk rock.

wheelchairman
09-12-2010, 08:40 PM
He's right. You're doing their work for them!

Little_Miss_1565
09-13-2010, 06:51 AM
What happened to the pics of the Muslims burning the American flag and the videos of the Muslims celebrating in the streets after 9/11? Both are very relevant to the topic at hand. Censorship is not punk rock.

This isn't a democracy, and racism isn't tolerated here. You could start your own blog and say whatever you want there, though.

Harleyquiiinn
09-13-2010, 06:57 AM
This isn't a democracy

No ! it's a cheerocracy !

Little_Miss_1565
09-13-2010, 07:01 AM
No ! it's a cheerocracy !

And I am your loving cheertator. :)

wheelchairman
09-13-2010, 07:25 AM
Took me a while to get that portmanteau.

Ha this is the first time in my life I've ever used that word in a sentence.

mario_spaghettio
09-13-2010, 10:20 AM
This isn't a democracy, and racism isn't tolerated here. You could start your own blog and say whatever you want there, though.posting a video clip from CNN is racism now?

The Talking Pie
09-13-2010, 10:55 AM
No, but using out-of-context examples of individuals of the vocal minority to tarnish the image of and incite racial hatred against millions of unrelated others most certainly is.

mario_spaghettio
09-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Again? Seriously? Where do I go to file a complaint against an out of control mod? Thanks.

Harleyquiiinn
09-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Again? Seriously? Where do I go to file a complaint against an out of control mod? Thanks.

You can do that HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLgI-qbrWVo)

The Talking Pie
09-14-2010, 11:13 AM
This is why I love dictatorships. If you don't agree with the powers that be, you can either shut up or go off to the happy camps. I don't know where people get this crazy idea from that they have a right to complain about things that they don't like. I mean, it's not like someone held a gun to your head, make you agree to the forum T&Cs and start posting here.

Static_Martyr
09-14-2010, 02:33 PM
You can do that HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLgI-qbrWVo)

You, sir or madam, win one (1) free Internets :D

IamSam
09-14-2010, 06:28 PM

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsC/3486-9434.gif

Gooshe shtepping morons like yourshelf should try reading books inshted of burning them.

Lithuanian Offspring
09-15-2010, 10:57 PM

Much more.

mario_spaghettio
09-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Muslims terrorists arrested in London for planning to assassinate the Pope.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/sep/17/five-arrests-pope-terror-threat

Little_Miss_1565
09-17-2010, 11:45 AM
By the Mario_Spaghettio theorem, all rectangles are squares.

The Talking Pie
09-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Mario; are you Catholic? I hope so, because that means you're a kiddy-fucking paedophile like the minority of priests we've been finding out about the last few years. But wait, it's not just you; there are one billion others. For every six or seven people around you, one is a paedophile. Think about that.

mario_spaghettio
09-17-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm an atheist actually. Not an atheist on a mission or anything, I just think believing in any form of god is idiotic and primitive. When that primitive belief system causes people to cut other people's heads off and blow themselves up in a crowded street, I think it''s time to squash the extreme aspects of that religion by any means necessary.

WebDudette
09-17-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm an atheist as well. The thing that pisses me off most about religious people? When they act like you.

The Talking Pie
09-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Mario, you're not an atheist; you're an anti-theist. Please stop giving us atheists a bad name with your intolerance.

Llamas
09-17-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm an atheist actually. Not an atheist on a mission or anything, I just think believing in any form of god is idiotic and primitive. When that primitive belief system causes people to cut other people's heads off and blow themselves up in a crowded street, I think it''s time to squash the extreme aspects of that religion by any means necessary.

Stalin was a strong atheist who wanted to spread atheism and was very anti-religion. He murdered over 14.5 million of his own people in a nasty genocide. Since he was an atheist, all atheists must be murderers.

mario_spaghettio
09-17-2010, 07:45 PM
I see how Hitler and Stalin were able to wreak so much death and destruction across Europe. Europeans don't seem to recognize the enemy threat until it's too late.

Llamas
09-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Stalin = atheist.

Stalin = murderer.

mario_spaghettio = atheist.

mario_spaghettio = murderer?

mario_spaghettio
09-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Bin Laden = Muslim.
Bin Laden = murderer.
mario spaghettio = not a Muslim.
mario spaghettio = not a murderer.

IamSam
09-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Bin Laden = Muslim.
Bin Laden = murderer.

Ooo! Oooo! Can I play?!?

Frog=Water & Land
Frog=Amphibian
Hippo=Water & Land
Hippo=?

T-6005
09-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Blood = Sugar
Sex = Magik?

ad8
09-18-2010, 10:01 AM
I see how Hitler and Stalin were able to wreak so much death and destruction across Europe. Europeans don't seem to recognize the enemy threat until it's too late.

Yes, and it is only because we are living in Europe. The second that we'd go to wherever the hell you live, we would instantly be aware of the devilish conspiracies that threaten our civilized world every day.

Llamas
09-18-2010, 10:25 AM
I find it funny cause, umm, Hitler was stopped by several European countries PLUS the US. England, Poland, and France started fighting Nazi Germany several YEARS before the US decided to help out. Really, it was the US that didn't notice/react til it was too late.

Static_Martyr
09-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Yes, and it is only because we are living in Europe. The second that we'd go to wherever the hell you live, we would instantly be aware of the devilish conspiracies that threaten our civilized world every day.

....now you understand how we Americans think? :D

Lithuanian Offspring
09-19-2010, 02:26 AM

idiot.....

Paint_It_Black
09-19-2010, 04:38 AM
Bin Laden = Muslim.
Bin Laden = murderer.

Hitler = not a Muslim.
mario spaghettio = Hitler.

mario_spaghettio
09-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Yes, and it is only because we are living in Europe. The second that we'd go to wherever the hell you live, we would instantly be aware of the devilish conspiracies that threaten our civilized world every day.No, you'd still have your indoctrinated European mindset.

Paint_It_Black
09-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I think mario_spaghettio needs a chalkboard and some fake tears.

mario_spaghettio
09-20-2010, 10:22 PM
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/wrigleyville-bomb-plot--103324574.html
A 22-year-old Lebanese medical student who regards Sept. 11 as a "beautiful day" is in custody after placing a backpack containing what he thought was an explosive device into a Wrigleyville trash can, federal authorities said Monday.
Sami Samir Hassoun, of the 4700 block of North Kedzie, has been charged with one count each of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction and attempted use of an explosive device, the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Chicago office said.
Hassoun's arrest after midnight Saturday comes after a months-long investigation during which he unknowingly worked with an informant and an undercover FBI agent, officials said.
In the past year, Hassoun, who neighbors say moved to Chicago with his family two to three years ago, became increasingly unhappy with how the city was being managed. According to the criminal complaint, Hassoun said on occassion that he wanted to spark a "revolution" in Chicago and "kill the nightlife."
Terror Suspect Described as Hardworking, Ambitious, Normal

Terror Suspect Described as Hardworking, Ambitious, Normal
"He claimed that he was trying to force enough embarrassment on the city of Chicago to cause Mayor Daley to resign," said the FBI's Ross Rice.
"I will f*** Chicago. I will shake Chicago," the criminal complaint quotes Hassoun as saying.
Hassoun, who is a permanent resident alien, in June began expressing to an "associate" the desire to commit acts of violence in the city for financial gain and to cause "political transformation in Chicago."
Those acts included a biological attack on the city, poisoning Lake Michigan, bombing the Willis Tower, assassinating Mayor Richard Daley and attacking police officers.
Two months ago, Hassoun's associate introduced him to an undercover agent who said he was from California and had access to explosives. Authories say Hassoun asked for ammonium nitrate, electric blasting caps, remote electic timers, shock tube detonators and dynamite sticks.
Hassoun originally planned to carry out his attack on Sept. 11 but settled on the 18th and the Wrigleyville neighborhood -- the night of a Dave Matthews Band concert -- in order to inflict maximum damage.
On Saturday night, Hassoun met with the agent, at which time Hassoun was given a backpack containing what he thought was a high-powered explosive device. The agent showed Hassoun the bomb's components and instructed him on how it worked, the release stated. Although the "bomb" was intended to look real, it was made of inert materials and unable to explode.
Hassoun was then watched by agents as he placed the fake explosive into a trash container near Eddy and Clark Streets -- about a block south of Wrigley Field. He was then arrested and the fake device was recovered.
The FBI said "that at no time was the public in danger during this investigation" and "there was no indication that any foreign or domestic terror groups were in any way connected to this plot.
If convicted, Hassoun faces five years to life in prison.

Retard
09-20-2010, 11:29 PM
damn it was on a dave mathews band concert night? shoulda let him do it.

mario_spaghettio
09-21-2010, 06:56 AM
Chicago damn near got their own Islamic Community Center

Little_Miss_1565
09-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Mario, did you get shut down by a Muslim girl?

yarock
09-21-2010, 09:33 AM
I would be surprised if Mario thinks that Muslim girls do dates.

Harleyquiiinn
09-21-2010, 01:45 PM
I would be surprised if Mario thinks that Muslim girls do dates.

They do. And if they are well educated, they provide the stones.

(yeah yeah, I know, bad joke...)

Also, Mario... I'm surprised that in your story, except the fact that the guy has a muslim name and thinks September 11 is a beautiful day, there is absolutely no religion in his motivation to do a terrorist attack... He just didn't like how the city was administrated...

Retard
09-22-2010, 12:12 AM
I was thinking that myself.... they didn't even give his religion.... like it really mattered.

WebDudette
09-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Originally the guy didn't want to cause any harm, he wanted to use smoke bombs, he just wanted to show Chicago that they needed better security. Guy did a similar thing a couple weeks ago in San Fransisco, except he just climbed a building. The FBI baited him, offered him money, encouraged grander plans, and gave him the means.

Now, he is still fucking loony, and should definitely get help and some jail time. But I don't think what the FBI did was right.

Just throwing this out there, Lebanon is 40% Christian, you bigoted fuck.

mario_spaghettio
09-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Just throwing this out there, Lebanon is 40% Christian, you bigoted fuck.He was a muslim. That will soon be revealed if it hasn't been already.

jacknife737
09-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Dude, you're not even trying anymore, are you?

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
09-22-2010, 03:54 PM
i feel like if this mario guy is an old member from the forums that was banned.

is it u hau, or bipolar bear, or sin studly in disguise(even though i know ur baldwin)?

yarock
09-23-2010, 06:05 AM
Somehow I imagine Mario in OZ; I'm hundred percent sure that Schillinger would make him his prag.

ad8
09-24-2010, 11:26 AM
No, you'd still have your indoctrinated European mindset.
Well, the way you present it it might be fun to have complete anarchy running ones brain, thus being incapable of thinking one thought to its logical end.

Retard
09-26-2010, 01:55 AM
Wait so there hasn't been a "report" on the dude's religion? Why did you put this in here mario? it has nothing to do with a community center BLOCKS away from ground zero..... and the dude might not be muslim..... i don't see the connection.... or is that me?

mario_spaghettio
09-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Wait so there hasn't been a "report" on the dude's religion? Why did you put this in here mario? it has nothing to do with a community center BLOCKS away from ground zero..... and the dude might not be muslim..... i don't see the connection.... or is that me?He is muslim http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/09/fbi-arrests-22-year-old-muslim-in-attempted-chicago-bomb-plot/. He tried to do to Chicago what other muslims did to NYC on 9/11. If he had succeeded, Chicago would be getting an Islamic Community Center soon to symbolize the conquering of Chicago.

Little_Miss_1565
09-26-2010, 02:51 PM
You know there's already a mosque a few blocks away from Ground Zero, right? And I think someone already pointed out how there was a mosque in the fucking towers, so destroying the towers destroyed a mosque, so that should prove right there that the terrorists had been "muslim" to some extent but only insofar as it served their hateful ends. Kind of like you and Christianity.

Also, I'd like to point out that I'm a New Yorker, and you're not. I've walked past the pit, effectively a mass grave, for years. I think about 9/11 every time I'm on the R train passing Cortland St, since it's directly beneath where the towers were, where the station still isn't fully rebuilt from when the entire tunnel filled with burning rubble nearly 10 years ago. I support the mosque, and the only reason you don't is because it's easier to hate someone blindly than see all the gradations of truth that there are in the situation. I have friends who are survivors, who literally ran for their lives while the towers collapsed behind them, who support the mosque. So please, quit wrapping yourself in the flag. It's offensive to the people who are actually affected by 9/11 every day of their lives.

Additionally, there's a mosque in the Pentagon. Well, it's an interfaith chapel, but it holds muslim services, including daily prayers, and it was built *on the site where the plane hit*. Yet that doesn't signify "conquering." This one only does because the midterm elections are coming up, and you are allowing yourself to be Fox News' personal lackey.

mario_spaghettio
09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
You know there's already a mosque a few blocks away from Ground Zero, right? And I think someone already pointed out how there was a mosque in the fucking towers, so destroying the towers destroyed a mosque, so that should prove right there that the terrorists had been "muslim" to some extent but only insofar as it served their hateful ends. Kind of like you and Christianity.I'm an atheist. I don't believe in nonsense of any kind.

Llamas
09-26-2010, 05:05 PM
i feel like if this mario guy is an old member from the forums that was banned.

is it u hau, or bipolar bear, or sin studly in disguise(even though i know ur baldwin)?

It's not HAU... his English wasn't nearly good enough. I could definitely see this being Tom/bighead. Totally.

mario_spaghettio
09-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Also, I'd like to point out that I'm a New Yorker, and you're not. I've walked past the pit, effectively a mass grave, for years. I think about 9/11 every time I'm on the R train passing Cortland St, since it's directly beneath where the towers were, where the station still isn't fully rebuilt from when the entire tunnel filled with burning rubble nearly 10 years ago. I support the mosque, and the only reason you don't is because it's easier to hate someone blindly than see all the gradations of truth that there are in the situation. I have friends who are survivors, who literally ran for their lives while the towers collapsed behind them, who support the mosque. So please, quit wrapping yourself in the flag. It's offensive to the people who are actually affected by 9/11 every day of their lives.
.and I'd like to point out that the majority of New Yorkers DO NOT FAVOR THIS MOSQUE so you being a New Yorker as a means of credibility doesn't really mean squat.

The Talking Pie
09-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Dude, the majority of people in this thread DO NOT agree with what you have said. How's that work for your credibility?

mario_spaghettio
09-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Dude, the majority of people in this thread DO NOT agree with what you have said. How's that work for your credibility?The only thing that matters is what the MAJORITY of New Yorkers think and they don't want the mosque built on the proposed site.

Little_Miss_1565
09-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Considering all the protesters are/were dbags from out of town and racists from Staten Island, I'd like to know how this supposed "majority" has been calculated. But from all your other posts, it would appear you just like adopting causes that have nothing to bear on your life. You just want to get up in arms about it, and post about it on a band's web forum. So, uh, have fun with that.

WebDudette
09-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Al-Qaeda and other terrorist Muslim sects are such a minority, I'd say it's around .1%, if that.

On this Sami Samir Hassoun guy, he was hardcore set up. I do strongly believe he should have been arrested and forced to get help or imprisoned. I don't think he should have been encouraged by the FBI to cause maximum destruction. Not only was he encouraged, but he was enabled, promised money, and given the materials he needed to carry it out. Also, I still haven't seen a credible source say he is Muslim. Notice how that article you posted has 'Muslim' in the websites title, but the section they quote has no mention of his religion?

For being so anti-religious, you sure have no interest in evidence, credibility, facts, critical thinking, and rational thought.

Anything I've seen about the protesters says that a majority of them are from other states. On top of that, the plan to build the Mosque had already gotten the go ahead from the community. Also, all the people out there protesting the people protesting the Mosque? New Yorkers.

Mario, how do you feel about the Murfreesboro Mosque (http://www.globalone.tv/profiles/blogs/one-mosque-too-many)?

a small town with nearly 200 churches where a single mosque is one mosque too many. Murfreesboro is home to the one of the largest universities in Middle Tennessee where the ROTC building is named after the first Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, Nathan Bedford Forrest. And on the town square there is not one but two plaques dedicated in his honor. Also on the town square you will find, just next to the steps that lead to the County Courthouse, encased in glass and displayed proudly on government property, a copy of the Holy Bible. And when the County Commissioners hold their monthly meeting inside that Courthouse they always begin it with a prayer to Jesus.

Mixing church and state is not a problem here - but building a new mosque, for a peaceful Islamic community that has been here for the past three decades? HIT THE PANIC BUTTON:

- January 17th (MLK Weekend): A wooden sign on a grassy field next to a narrow country road bearing the words “Home of the new site of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro” is broken in two.

- June 17th: The County Commission meeting is flooded with 600 local residents making speeches, quoting from the Bible and demanding that the mosque not be built. Speakers lined up to say things like, “Boycott any company who works on construction of the mosque” and “America is a Christian nation”. Pastor Allen Jackson of the 10,000 member World Outreach Church calls for anyone under the banner of Islam to be
investigated.

IamSam
09-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Lol....Staten Island Racists...

Little_Miss_1565
09-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Lol....Staten Island Racists...

Yes, I believe that is the name of their minor league baseball team. But I was referring to the little-r racists. ;)

Harleyquiiinn
09-27-2010, 01:10 AM
Dude, the majority of people in this thread DO NOT agree with what you have said. How's that work for your credibility?

That's because we are all muslims and potential terrorists.

mario_spaghettio
09-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Al-Qaeda and other terrorist Muslim sects are such a minority, I'd say it's around .1%, if that.

Mario, how do you feel about the Murfreesboro Mosque (http://www.globalone.tv/profiles/blogs/one-mosque-too-many)?I think your figure of .1% is grossly underestimated. I'd estimate that around 25-50% of Muslims around the world hold animosity towards the US. Doesn't make them terrorists, but they'd probably "look the other way" if they knew something was going down. As far as the mosque in Tennessee, they have every right to build it, but why? Because they can? Is there even a sizeable enough Muslim population in that town to warrant a mosque or are these just more people looking for trouble?

WebDudette
09-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah, they do have enough people. They are building a new mosque to accommodate the amount of Muslims in the area.

Anyway, Fox News is a fucking poison. Stewart connects Fox to the man funding the Mosque (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/23/stewart-fox-prince-alwaleed_n_692234.html) and
Fox News uses body parts to show how far Ground Zero reaches. (http://www.disinfo.com/2010/09/body-parts-of-911-victims-map-used-to-oppose-ground-zero-mosque/)