PDA

View Full Version : Crass catalogue gets re-vamp

Alex101
08-17-2010, 02:41 PM
This was reported by The Music Fix (http://www.themusicfix.co.uk/content/news-flash/11497/crass-catalogue-gets-re-vamp.html):

Legendary punk act CRASS have announced the release of The Crassical collection beginning with newly re-mastered edition of The Feeding Of The Five Thousand. Restored from the original analogue studio tapes, repackaged and bolstered by rare and unreleased tracks and new artwork from Gee Vaucher (aka G Suss). Also scheduled for later in the year will be new editions of Stations Of The Crass and Penis Envy.

This September Southern Records will be publishing Crass member Steve Ignorant's autobiography 'The Rest Is Propaganda' and will be selling it on his tour that is named 'The Last Supper' which he translates as "Crass songs 1977-1982 plus a few shocks, surprises, perhaps some slogans, but no tantrums and a bit of a laugh".

This year will also see the relaunch of Penny Rimbaud and Gee Vaucher's imprint Exitstencil, with a whole host of reissues and new music, book, and film projects to be released. This year 'Acts Of Love' by Penny Rimbaud & Eve Libertine (their first post-Crass work) and Penny Rimaud and Louise Elliott's new work 'In The Beginning', as well as Vaucher's book 'Much Ado About Something' will also see the light of day.

Retard
08-17-2010, 10:46 PM
you know its kinda weird. I am really really excited about this, and i know for a fact that theyre doing it for the right reasons.... it just kinda feels at the same time very very strainge that of all the bands that have been doing this lately i never expected them to do it. But either way I'm fucking stoked. maybe we'll get to hear that tape of reagan and thatcher talk about those bombings

Alex101
08-18-2010, 09:21 AM
you know its kinda weird. I am really really excited about this, and i know for a fact that theyre doing it for the right reasons.... it just kinda feels at the same time very very strainge that of all the bands that have been doing this lately i never expected them to do it. But either way I'm fucking stoked. maybe we'll get to hear that tape of reagan and thatcher talk about those bombings
Yeah, I didn't expect Crass to do this either. When I first heard about this, I thought they were actually getting back together, but they're not.

Retard
08-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Them getting back together will never happen.... that would REAALLYY be on the weird side. Besides they broke up cuz that was the plan not cuz they hated each other. DAMN 1984!

holland25
08-18-2010, 01:30 PM
The Feeding of the 5000 is great. The newer ones are just meh.

Alex101
08-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Them getting back together will never happen.... that would REAALLYY be on the weird side. Besides they broke up cuz that was the plan not cuz they hated each other. DAMN 1984!
That's obviously true.

Retard
08-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I've heard that a couple of the members are actually supposedly suing over the remasters.... or might be.

Retard
08-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Stations of the Crass is pretty incredible.... i've heard that Penis Envy is their best work. and yea i guess one of the members is thinking about suing over the reissues... i really wanna hear penis envy. soo i hope that the reissues happen.