PDA

View Full Version : Rise Against

mynamewastaken
09-04-2010, 10:22 AM
I find it absolutely ridiculous that bands have to do stuff like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RYBDTnS7dg <-- that in order to get the message across. No one listens to the lyrics anymore....

Rise Against is very anti-animal abuse. Very pro-life. What they do is very important to our world and yet, people only listen because it's something cool to play in the backround. Honestly, seeing that they have to do videos like this --> http://www.peta2.com/OUTTHERE/o-riseagainst_video.asp?c=p206f before anyone understands what they are trying to do, really pisses me off.
I feel bad for calling them Offspring wannabes. For them to have the popularity of The Offspring would be HORRIBLE. They need to get the message out. Honestly, most people my age have NEVER even heard of The Offspring.

Tijs
09-04-2010, 10:33 AM
But isn't that the main reason why anyone likes any band or artist? Because the music sounds good?

Like it or not, lyrics always, ALWAYS, come second. Possibly even third, after a band's/artist's image. I started listening to Rise Against because they sound so damn awesome and give amazing concerts, not because "oh wow, yeah I so agree with what they say and do!".

Don't get me wrong, I massively support what they do, but it's music, not lecture.

mynamewastaken
09-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Right, same here. But itreally makes me mad that no one even notices what they are really here to do.

Alison
09-04-2010, 10:57 AM
If you think that's bad, have you seen their video for Ready to Fall? It has clips taken from the animal rights movie Earthlings (one of those "everyone should see" movies imo). Pretty disturbing stuff, but I think its quite effective.

What's great about Rise Against is that they have daycent music and also very meaningful videos and messages in their songs, and Tim McIlrath is sexy as fuck =P.

Unreal live too:)

mynamewastaken
09-04-2010, 11:02 AM
If you think that's bad, have you seen their video for Ready to Fall? It has clips taken from the animal rights movie Earthlings (one of those "everyone should see" movies imo). Pretty disturbing stuff, but I think its quite effective.

What's great about Rise Against is that they have daycent music and also very meaningful videos and messages in their songs, and Tim McIlrath is sexy as fuck =P.

Unreal live too:)

that's what the second link was... i acually cried. i didn't even cry when my grandma died.

Alison
09-04-2010, 11:03 AM
that's what the second link was... i acually cried. i didn't even cry when my grandma died.

oops, didnt see second link!

but yeah, upsetting stuff.

jopre
09-04-2010, 10:55 PM
i dont think ive heard any rise againts songs

Retard
09-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Wait so what was so bad about the first video?

Most people in the world are fucking idiots and don't really understand stuff like that.

That was the first time I had actually listened to a whole song from RA's newest one. It wasn't bad.
I have the one before the newest one. It's good, not the greatest thing I've heard. I wasn't really that impressed with their live show either.... coolest part to me was actually that they had upside down flags as part of their stage setup.... pretty ballsy specially in a shack of blues..... who wont even let Screeching Weasel play in any of their venues for some untold reason..... and for all the BROS that were in the audience.... believe me i saw them.... it was kinda weird.

Marco
09-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Seen Rise Against at the Heineken Jammin' Festival this July. They sounded awesome, solid band ;)