PDA

View Full Version : My Band :)

NoodlesIsTheBomb
09-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Hey everyone just wondering if you's could check out one of my bands demo on youtube and let me know how to improve it and what you think :) (just comment on youtube :P )
but yeah we know the vocals are "meh" but shall be re-recorded later on :)
we have 8 of our own songs, and are planning on recording them soon (once we get new recording set up) :)

thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYneZEbmtdA

HEY I just uploaded another one of our songs from a while back (May), CHECK IT OUT!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mICr0oftYyA

Static_Martyr
09-08-2010, 04:50 PM
but yeah we know the vocals are "meh" but shall be re-recorded later on

Hey fuck that! Your singer has a good voice. If that's "meh" then I'd love to see what it sounds like when you re-record it! Love the harmonies for the chorus.

Seriously, that's actually really good quality. And original material is always a plus :D This would be a good band to do a song for the mixtape.

NoodlesIsTheBomb
09-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks man :D
i am lead vocalist, so thank you (im lead vocals and co-lead guitar)
im working on getting more of a rock tone to my voice (picture dexters raspiness with my vocal tone though), and thats what im aiming at :D
and thanks man, yeah we like harmonies so yuh, we have a fair bit.
Our other songs that are being recorded soon are like....well its hard to explain like 90's punk guitaring, with pop punkish vocals, heavy drums, cool bass, and some group rapping and yells and chants thrown in there
thats kinda what we are.

dff_punk
09-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Catchy :) Kinda has a Pennywise-vibe to it. And I agree with Tim, the vocals are good.

_Lost_
09-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Don't aim for raspyness. You'll never be able to undo the damage.

randman21
09-09-2010, 09:05 AM
I agree with _Lost_. The man in me wants that raspyness myself, but I've mostly decided to give up on it for now.

And yes, good song! It's kinda long, but the chorus is so fantastic that it doesn't even matter. And it stays interesting the whole way. You're recording in a studio, right?

NoodlesIsTheBomb
09-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Catchy :) Kinda has a Pennywise-vibe to it. And I agree with Tim, the vocals are good.

thanks dude, yeah dude we wanted a pennywise vibey with my blink182/pop-punk sorta vocals lol.

NoodlesIsTheBomb
09-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Don't aim for raspyness. You'll never be able to undo the damage.

yeah but i dont want to much...i want to have my natural voice still...but like that Gavin Rossdale (Bush) sort of dynamics...like how he can go grungey and clean and pop-rockish...i want that sorta thing going

NoodlesIsTheBomb
09-09-2010, 11:12 PM
I agree with _Lost_. The man in me wants that raspyness myself, but I've mostly decided to give up on it for now.

And yes, good song! It's kinda long, but the chorus is so fantastic that it doesn't even matter. And it stays interesting the whole way. You're recording in a studio, right?

ah okay.
and yeah thank you bro, well we have shortened it to around 3 and a half to 4 minutes, as it has no solo and the last chorus is like layered with badass vocals (its got the pre-chorus (the "blowin up countries when we already...etc." bit and the NOWHEREEEEEEE chorus with some extras over the top) and it all fades out to just the vocals of that last chorus, and yeah...kinda like Feeling This by Blink-182. (in the last chorus of that).

but more badass cause its more punky :P

and yeah its in a studio :D (but we're making a home studio now)

NoodlesIsTheBomb
09-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Apparently we're good for age so yeah...
haha
we're 15 (turning 16)

_Lost_
09-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Well geeze... at 15 your voice isn't going to be raspy. Give it time and don't destroy your voice in the mean time (though it may or may not grow rougher). You can't change the one you were given. Instead, rather than aspire to sound like someone else, why don't you aspire to learn your own sound inside and out?

NoodlesIsTheBomb
09-10-2010, 02:29 AM
too true...too true indeed lol.

NoodlesIsTheBomb
09-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Well geeze... at 15 your voice isn't going to be raspy. Give it time and don't destroy your voice in the mean time (though it may or may not grow rougher). You can't change the one you were given. Instead, rather than aspire to sound like someone else, why don't you aspire to learn your own sound inside and out?

well i try to have my own sound, im just talking about that sorta tone (the dynamics in his voice, like how he can sound clean and go pretty grungey aswell), thats what i wanna be able to do. Not change my voice, i like the sound my voice gets (well im satisfied with it), but yeah :D
and yeah once my voice has fully developed (at 20 is when it usually fully lowers), it should be pretty rad.

_Lost_
09-11-2010, 06:48 PM
yes, i get that.

NoodlesIsTheBomb
09-11-2010, 11:29 PM
shweet... lol

NoodlesIsTheBomb
09-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Hey fuck that! Your singer has a good voice. If that's "meh" then I'd love to see what it sounds like when you re-record it! Love the harmonies for the chorus.

Seriously, that's actually really good quality. And original material is always a plus :D This would be a good band to do a song for the mixtape.

Just uploaded our other song (Link in first post).

Check it Out

NoodlesIsTheBomb
09-17-2010, 07:57 PM
yes, i get that.

Check it Out

NoodlesIsTheBomb
09-17-2010, 07:57 PM

Check it Out