PDA

View Full Version : Why do I like The Offspring?

My Name Was Taken
09-16-2010, 07:54 PM
This is a question that has bothered me for a very long time. I know that I like the fact that I've been listening to The Offspring - well, longer than I've been alive. They say that you can hear things even while you are in the womb.

My mother bought Smash twelve days before I was born. THE DAY the album was released. I have that exact copy in my sterio at the moment. she bought Americana for me a few years later because the song, "Pretty Fly" made her think of my father. (He had a yellow Pinto and just so happend to think that he was the coolest gut on Earth while everyone around him hated his guts.) Since then that CD has been broken and replaced. Broken from being placed into and removed from CD players/sterios so often that the inner circle had cracked and eventually worked it's way across the CD. Sadly, the same thing is happening to Smash.

Anyway, you get my point. I have been an Offspring fan MY ENTIRE LIFE, but I'm not sure exactly why. Maybe it's because I had The Offspring before my life went to peices, and I still have them now. A little remider of how life used to be. I have Many good memories involving The Offspring. One would be when my mother made that mixed tape. One side was Smash, The other was Americana. We went for a long car ride with my brother and my "step father" I sat in the back seat singing along to Self Esteem. THAT was my happy time... I miss my daddy.

So I guess my question to you is, "Why do you like The Offspring?" or, "What makes The Offspring such an amazing part of our lives?"

Outerspaceman21
09-16-2010, 09:13 PM
I've listened to Offspring since I was eight years old, which was when Americana came out. I remember hearing songs from Smash when the album came out when I was five. So, a long time.

I love the Offspring because their songs reflect me in so many ways. They are literally the theme song for my life. Lyrically, Dexter is amazing and is one of my ideals because of that. They also make good, solid songs that change every album.

They are also just really cool guys. They are not douchebags, they don't pretend to be anyone they are not, and they never let their fame go to their heads like other bands. I admire that.

So, yeah.

offsrx
09-17-2010, 02:03 AM
I've listened to Offspring since I was eight years old, which was when Americana came out. I remember hearing songs from Smash when the album came out when I was five. So, a long time.

I love the Offspring because their songs reflect me in so many ways. They are literally the theme song for my life. Lyrically, Dexter is amazing and is one of my ideals because of that. They also make good, solid songs that change every album.

They are also just really cool guys. They are not douchebags, they don't pretend to be anyone they are not, and they never let their fame go to their heads like other bands. I admire that.

So, yeah.

Same thing here bro :cool:
I've had very much good memories involved with the Offspring, especially cause I was a kid, when my older brother bought that 10 years old Americana tape. That cassete has been spinning round'n'round, and lucky me - it's still in shape, and I can still listen to it and remember the good old days when I was in elementary school... When I was 7th grade (2002.), I used to play every day that hole Americana album on my stereo. Every fucking day! It was awsome.. EVERY SONG on Americana is - GREAT! It's a true masterpiece.. Especially TKAA - the best song I've ever heard, and even the Offspring will not make any song which is that good as TKAA is :)
Also in 2001-2002. I've got Mp3 collection offspring songs, so I've started to listen Ixnay, which is really great album too, and other albums, and I've been very impacient to wait Splinter to come out..
Yess, very great memories, of very great time of my life, of very best music, of best Musicians on planet - THE OFFSPRING!
That's why I fucking love them!

My Name Was Taken
09-17-2010, 04:45 AM
Yeah, I've noticed that The Offspring has evolved so much over the years that they truely DO have a song for every mood. As well as every occasion.

Jeff316
09-17-2010, 11:36 AM
The Offspring where the first band i listened too that wasn't my parents music. The Offspring been my favorite band since the 5th or 4th grade.

clocks_R_slow
09-17-2010, 05:02 PM
I've been listening to THE OFFSPRING since i was 7 years old.
Got some money for my birthday, bought Smash, loved them ever since.

I love them because no matter how i feel, they have a song that i can listen to and be like "FUCK YEAH! THATS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW" and yeah, they are always just there when I need em. And whether the guys know it or not, they've gotten me through so much.

That's why I love THE OFFSPRING

bouncingcoles
09-17-2010, 05:09 PM
iv listened to them constantly for 10 years and ask myself why i like them too. I dont really know. The other bands i can tell you why i really like them. but something about offspring i just like and stick by them.

Omni
09-17-2010, 05:51 PM
They're really just the only band who have never disappointed me. There are precious few records I enjoy almost entirely (I declare an album a success if it has four songs I like), and ever Offspring album except their first one are among them.

andrea.
09-19-2010, 12:55 PM
I always separate Offspring and other music.
That's how special they are.

They are special because: their lyrics are realistic, music is powerful,
personalities are great...

What more do you want?

I really love them.

joshgenis
09-19-2010, 06:15 PM
thats a real cool story, even if smash stops working id keep it for sentimental value. sadly ive only been a fan of them for about 3 years cause i got sucked into the whole n'synch and backstreet boys craze in the 90s. if i could go back in time and visit myself 10 years ago id give my past self a good slap across the face and hand me a copy of Americana

joshgenis
09-19-2010, 06:16 PM
oh and the reason i think i like offspring is probably dexters voice. its so unique and his flat vocals work in a good way