PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite bands that you got to know BECAUSE of The Offspring?

D0NT
09-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Im a newbie( posted sometimes some years ago) so sorry if this goes in "Other bands" or something...

In my case I can name 3 bands I became a fanatic because of them

-T.S.O.L got into them after reading the several comparissions the guys sound had with theirs at the band's begginings, and because they opened their reunion show. been a fan for years, and Im even considering treating myself with the psicologhy technic used in Jack Grisham's rehab center

I also got into them because of them being Dexter's fave punk band. it was a dream come true for me to hear "80 times" bside off that vynil edition of co1.

and also Dexter's collaboration in Emory's solo album.

-The Dickies, got into them because of them being Noodle's fave band in this case, and a influence of the guys too. I love this band, theyre the longest live punk act, and all their records are awesome.

finally an Argentinian band that opened for them in their first gig in my city:
- Flema , their records are perfect punk rock too , I even went to lead singers funeral :( --- sadly today they suck as they came back for the bucks and their bass player sings poorly. Ricky was the soul of the band.

I could name a few more bands, like The Vandals(WITH STEVE-O)..

Jojan
09-24-2010, 09:54 AM
The top five would most probably be Pennywise, No Fun At All, NOFX, Ramones andBad Religion. But I have alos been listening to TSOL, AFI, Dead Kennedys and some more. I needed something to fill my Spice Girls hole with.

Supa
09-24-2010, 10:39 AM
I got into Bad Religion, NOFX, T.S.O.L., Pennywise, Vandals, and Ramones.

Currently expanding into more punk.

Gustavo
09-24-2010, 11:03 AM
You know, that's a good question. The Offspring pretty much changed my musical taste completely, and I'm really thankful for that... But some bands that come into my mind now are NOFX, Pennywise, Misfits, Raimundos (even though they're from Brazil, I actually knew them before, but I only got to really know them upon noticing that many other brazilian Offspring fans were into them), Sum 41 and many other bands. :)

MAXTER
09-24-2010, 11:49 AM
1. AFI (discovered thru Nitro Records and Total Immortal Cover)
2. SUM 41
3. BAD RELIGION
4. VANDALS
5. RAMONES

Outerspaceman21
09-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Almost every punk band I listen too is because of the Offspring. As for my favorite bands are concerned, the biggest one is A Wilhelm Scream. Many websites are even calling them Dexter's protege, which I find amusing.

Next to that, Lagwagon, The Vandals, The Adolescents (saw them live, great show), The Descendents, Crime in Stereo, and No Trigger.

Little_Miss_1565
09-24-2010, 03:03 PM
All those already mentioned, but at the top of the list...Lunachicks. God I miss them.

crrrN
09-24-2010, 03:03 PM
I really got into AFI thanks to Offspring. Next to that they have pretty much influenced my whole musical preference since an early age.

Mary 13
09-24-2010, 04:29 PM
yeah, in my case shall it be DICK DALE because of DEXTER HOLLAND. and amongs of others as well. :D

Diva
09-24-2010, 05:29 PM
I too got introduced to AFI through the cover of Total Immortal! Rufio, Vandals and NOFX are also among my favorite bands, all thanks to Offspring. :)

MAXTER
09-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Yes, I add to my list some nitro bands also like DIVIT, DON'T LOOK DOWN & RUFIO ;)

ThunderPX
09-24-2010, 07:36 PM
I got into a bunch of bands that were on Nitro through The Offspring--theSTART, A Wilhelm Scream, AFI, The Vandals, Rufio...

Also got into Bad Religion through them, but they were of course never on Nitro. XP

Outerspaceman21
09-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Strangly enough, I never got into Bad Religion or Pennywise through the Offspring. I was a big Offspring fan in high school and had two friends in high school that introduced me to Bad Religion and Pennywise. The song that got me into Bad Religion was "21st Century (Digital Boy)" and for Pennywise, it was The Fuse CD that my friend burned for me.

Walfri
09-24-2010, 09:54 PM
AFI
Dead Kennedys
Bad Religion
Ramones
Tha Clash

samseby
09-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Pennywise (love their song "Yesterdays") :)

Alison
09-25-2010, 02:58 AM
The Offspring had a lot to do with most of the music I listen to nowadays.

jacknife737
09-25-2010, 11:00 AM
The band was my "gateway" band to the punk genre, so they've been the biggest influence on my listening habits.

Specific bands that i've listened to because of things the band or more specifically dexter had said would be AFI, and A Wilhelm Scream.

My Name Was Taken
09-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Sum41

was listening to my Offspring radio on Pandora.