PDA

View Full Version : wow... Is he trying to imitate Dexter Holland's voice or is just coincidence? :\

Mary 13
09-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Read the comments lol i copy and paste the comment i felt comfortable with..

Steady Ground - I Just Can't Contain Myself : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0hNM2s1sLg&feature=related :/

sorry if i wasted ur time

DMelges
09-30-2010, 04:56 PM
No I don't think so... their are a couple pieces of the vocals that remind me of Dexter, but if you hadn't said anything I probably wouldn't even have noticed.

Mary 13
09-30-2010, 05:05 PM
^ I totally agree. Nah, I just had to point that out because even I can't imitate Dexter's unique voice and I'm a woman.

Walfri
09-30-2010, 07:05 PM
There is still my old comment..XD
I canīt believe Ron left the offspring for this..

Mary 13
09-30-2010, 11:00 PM
What was Ron Welty thinking? :( :mad:

WebDudette
09-30-2010, 11:18 PM
I heard one of the RAFRAG songs on the radio not too long after it came out. Without knowing what it was, I thought the vocals were Weird Al.

dexterone
10-01-2010, 01:34 AM
Read the comments lol i copy and paste the comment i felt comfortable with..

Steady Ground - I Just Can't Contain Myself : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0hNM2s1sLg&feature=related :/

sorry if i wasted ur time

yes,I gotta agree,the vocals are much alike to Dexter's voice...and I like the song as well...In fact,I would be very happy,if I found something like this song on the new album :D

Tom
10-01-2010, 03:27 AM
I'd say it's not intentional but it does.

My Name Was Taken
10-01-2010, 03:52 AM
At first, I heard some similarity. The more I listened, the angrier I got. Mostly beacuse of the comments. Ron Welty IS NOT what made The Offspring special.

D0NT
10-01-2010, 08:23 AM
At first, I heard some similarity. The more I listened, the angrier I got. Mostly beacuse of the comments. Ron Welty IS NOT what made The Offspring special.

Ron did his thing very well!

he was not the only thing to make it special..anyways YES the lead singer for Steady Ground (was he thee 2nd?) to me IS copying as much as he cans of Dexter's voice in that song, I listened it in a movie , and was shocked when I googled the lyrics to found that this "offspring wanna be voice band" was ron's

brothadave79
10-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Sounds to me like a combination of Dexter Holland (pre-Ixnay) and James Hetfield. But, like it was said earlier, I wouldn't have thought of it until it was pointed out - it's not obvious at all and is probably just coincidence.

bouncingcoles
10-02-2010, 07:40 AM
There is still my old comment..XD
I canīt believe Ron left the offspring for this..

ron was asked to leave the offspring.