PDA

View Full Version : New songs by our very own Randman21

Gustavo
10-19-2010, 04:58 AM
Randy is about to go on a trip and has asked me to post some demos he has worked on yesterday here on the BBS, so... Here I am.

I'm not completely sure which ones are McFear and which ones are The SRIs (The Fisticuffs), that's why I decided to make a new thread... And I think they deserve their own thread, as well. :)

Anyway, you can check out the songs here: http://www.mediafire.com/?8c2298k538629

Enjoy!

T-6005
10-19-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm always struck by how pleasant Randy's voice is to listen to.

Howling at the Moon - I like the title. The intro riff reminds me of something that I can't quite name, in kind of a good way. It's a nice song, I'll probably listen to it again. Once the electric guitar comes in, I kind of imagine some lower vocal harmonies underpinning the whole thing, but I really dig the entire jumping into a rockier vibe aspect of the song. I was kind of hoping that would happen and then it did. Overall, a really nice song, Randy. It's kind of got a few hints of other vibes that move in and out - like part of the song reminds me of classic driving music like Radar Love. Only in a good way. I did listen to it on some crappy headphones, so maybe there's a sweet bass groove drive underlying it, but I feel like that is really the only thing missing to make this song seem complete, along with maybe the lower harmonies.

I always feel like I have too much criticism when I listen to other people's music - I don't mean to. It's just that I put my own music up here for feedback, so that's how I approach other people's when I listen to it. I hope you don't mind, because I really enjoy these songs.

Alright.

I'm Awake - Nice harmonies! This is sweet. Have you considered putting like a keyboard, picked guitar or a percussion organ instead of the clean electric? It's short and sweet and to the point and made me want to start listening again as soon as it ended.

Spiders are Eating My Brain - Hrm. This is like a little bit of Nirvana meets Black Hole Sun meets... I don't know, Weezer? This is actually my least favorite of the three, although I really like the lyrics. Kind of bizarrely insane set with a morbid absurdity.

I really like I'm Awake and Howling At The Moon. Keep it up, Randy!

ad8
10-20-2010, 05:51 AM
What can I say... I'm Awake is a really beautiful song... is this going to get turned into a longer version?
Spiders is a good song, too. Thi is right about it sounding a bit like Nirvana.
Also, I have enjoyed the re-recording of the probably most-demo'd FiF/Fisticuffs/SRIs song, aka Big As Life;)
Howling At The Moon is amazing, too. I am really happy to hear that you're still working on music, Randy!

_Lost_
10-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Randy is writing/working on music again. The world has righted itself. When you get back from France, I'm shaving your head and giving you a green mohawk for the SRIs reunion tour, Randy.

Blitz!
10-22-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm shaving your head and giving you a green mohawk

I wanna see that ... pics plz ;)
Songs downloaded, I just have to give it a listen but since I have already heard a demo version of Howling At The Moon, I'm sure that they are going to rock.

Outerspaceman21
10-22-2010, 03:57 PM
OMG MY MIND IS BLOWN!!!

Randman, if you read this, great job bro.