PDA

View Full Version : Gone Away Piano Version On The New Album!

Lastcurtaincall
11-18-2010, 05:25 PM
This thread is meant to be directed towards the boys in Offspring to hear the fans. The response to Dexter on piano playing "Gone Away" has been huge. It's a cool twist to the song and it holds a special place in my heart. Having my mom pass away in early '09, then hearing Dexter play that song the way he did on my birthday in Irvine, CA (June 5th,2009), it made me love Offspring even more. So I am hoping that there are others out there who have heard that version of the song, and would like to see it on the next album. And maybe, if we are lucky, the Offspring might just grant our wish.

ThunderPX
11-18-2010, 05:46 PM
I have an even better idea! Let's fill the NEW album with NEW songs!!!

cool 2 hate 681
11-18-2010, 06:07 PM
it would be cool to see as a b side to the album like huck it or oc life

dbroncos59
11-18-2010, 06:26 PM
it would be cool to see as a b side to the album like huck it or oc life

This! I thought it was amazing when I saw them play it but a new album should be new songs :D

joshgenis
11-18-2010, 08:18 PM
sorry to be a hater here, but i really don't like the newer version. it doesnt hold the same power as the other one. i know his voice can't handle the pitch of the original version where he sings "and it feeeeels!" but yeah. sorry i just dont like new version

Outerspaceman21
11-19-2010, 02:40 AM
I dislike the new version mostly for my bias of absolutely hating pianos.

Old version pwns. Given the choice of which to song I want to listen to, if in the situation where the new version is professionally recorded and release, I'd still prefer the old version. Moar power, moar emotion.

samseby
11-19-2010, 03:50 AM
Generally a good idea. But I have to agree with the others ;). A new album should consist of new songs.
But I guess the piano version would be a wonderful addition on an acoustic album. :) I'd like that.

Living in Chaos
11-19-2010, 04:56 AM
Which piano version would you prefer though? The one with just Dexter and the piano, or the version they played early on where the rest of the band would come in to the song at the "I'll SAVE YOUR SOUUUUUUULLLL" section?

I'd prefer the one where the band comes in, sounds really good to me.

Tomasisko
11-19-2010, 08:03 AM
no, thanks.

Jojan
11-19-2010, 10:25 AM
I have an even better idea! Let's fill the NEW album with NEW songs!!!

I agree with this person "ThunderPX".

_Way_Down_the_Line_
11-19-2010, 11:00 AM
yeah new songs, and tomorrow xD

yarock
11-19-2010, 02:34 PM
The boys in Offspring probably agree with this but the girls in Offspring wouldn't let them to do it.

The girls are saying "Youtube is your friend.". And they're right.

But I want a Poker Face cover on the next album, with Noodles featuring with back vocals of course.

offthespring
11-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Its a epic version but wouldn't make sence being on the new album..

Americana98
11-19-2010, 05:25 PM
I think it'd be cool as kind of a "hidden track" on the new album. Something that plays if you leave the last track playing.

Or if there's a deluxe version of the album, it could be one of the additional tracks.

Lord_Gabo
11-20-2010, 03:37 AM
Which piano version would you prefer though? The one with just Dexter and the piano, or the version they played early on where the rest of the band would come in to the song at the "I'll SAVE YOUR SOUUUUUUULLLL" section?

I think me too that first was the best one!

anyway the best gone away piano right now is for noctura (posted somewhere on the bbs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_oWO8eAKsE

Lord_Gabo
12-04-2010, 03:54 AM
could someone post the link of gone away with piano and after the band.. I can't find it anymore on youtube

personal_loans_1
12-05-2010, 11:25 AM
I don't want it!:mad:

But I want a Poker Face cover on the next album, with Noodles featuring with back vocals of course.
This neither. I mean, a lot of bands already covered it, it's not fun anymore. Even singing 'mo mo mo mooo'.

For Real
12-05-2010, 12:40 PM

OMG! I never knew exactly what he was singing there before today. I'm pretty sure I looked up the lyrics before but I don't remember seeing the "I'll save your soul!" part :eek: So, I looked up the lyrics online again, and it said "Mercy your soul!". So, then I looked some more and came across a video with lyrics on-screen and sure enough, it says "I'll save your soul!" :eek:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/gone-away-the-offspring/5c1416cf6c68eb0806bf5c1416cf6c68eb0806bf-294833751531?q=gone%20away%20lyrics%20the%20offspr ing&FORM=VIRE3

OMG! As if the song didn't give me chills enough already... now it really does! :eek::o

Krojd
12-10-2010, 11:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgI2ZQVyrBo&