PDA

View Full Version : Fruity Loops

Apathy
11-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a free program to make beats? I can't seem to find anything online that doesn't look like it might give me a virus.

Anybody else interested in stuff like this?

Jojan
12-01-2010, 12:25 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_%28software%29

randman21
12-01-2010, 04:55 AM
I second Hydrogen. If my desktop computer weren't on the fritz, I could even hook you up with a buttload of drum samples. But you can find quite a few free ones around the 'netz.

I must admit, I'm chuckling that you named this thread Fruity Loops, and I'm wondering why. But yeah, Hydrogen makes drum tracks, but you can't make full beats with instruments and synths and all that, and it's not nearly as comprehensive and awesome as Fruity Loops.

Apathy
12-01-2010, 03:04 PM
I named it fruity loops because that's the name all my friends recommended to me when I asked about programs for creating beats, but I'm having trouble finding a free version.

I really know nothing about any of this stuff I just thought it would be fun to look into. I'll check out Hydrogen.

randman21
12-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Haha, gotcha. It sucks that you can't really get anything like FL for free, unless you download a torrent. Hydrogen is the ONLY free one that I've seen that's worth anything. It's fun, but quite tedious.

Also, if you know how to work with musical staffs or piano rolls, Reaper is a VERY good program, and it's free. They have all kinds of instruments and such.

Homer
12-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Just torrent the newest FL Studio. It's easy! If you're talking about making just drum beats specifically, then Acoustica Beatcraft is pretty easy to torrent as well.

Basically, you're not going to find a good program for free, unless you torrent.