PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Grammy Nominees

Omni
12-02-2010, 01:39 PM
I was pleased to see the Best Hard Rock Performance nominations, with Alice in Chains' "A Looking in View," Soundgarden's "Black Rain," and Stone Temple Pilots' "Between the Lines."

I think I'm pulling for Alice in Chains in this one. Mostly because Soundgarden and STP have each won two and one Grammy, respectively, while AiC has garnered seven (this makes eight) nominations and have never won a single one. But I also liked A Looking in View more than Black Rain, and Between the Lines just fucking blew. The only terrible song on that record, actually.

Also, extremely pleased to see Pearl Jam's "Backspacer" up for Best Rock Album, it was phenomenal if you ask me, and really deserves it. I mostly paid attention to the rock categories. What do you guys think of the nominations? For those who haven't seen yet: http://www.examiner.com/americana-music-in-national/2011-grammy-nominees-include-numerous-americana-artists

JohnnyNemesis
12-02-2010, 06:05 PM
What's a Grammy?

WebDudette
12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Sure is a whole lot of shit on those lists.

Omni
12-02-2010, 07:28 PM
@JN; Yeah, the Grammys are a total sham. I'm just excited for a couple bands I like who're getting recognition.

Outerspaceman21
12-02-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm glad to see The Black Keys and Muse on those list, but my overall feeling about the Grammys is mixed. Not every winner gets some TV time, which I feel is unfair. Sure, who cares about the dude winning for best Polka Album, but he at least deserves some face time instead of getting his award in the mail (or however they do it) while all the real celebrities get to banter each other for 3 hours. I don't watch the Grammys anymore, I just google the results the next day if I feel like it.

That and I disagree with most of the results anyways. Most of the bands nominated are so boring and unoriginal. However, I do believe Kings of Leon deserved their award last year. That makes me happy for their success.

Rooster
12-03-2010, 01:20 AM
I just want Alice in Chains to finally win the award. They deserve it. And it's nice to see 3 of the big 4 from Seattle on the list of the nominees.

Otherwise i don't care about it.

Little_Miss_1565
12-03-2010, 07:20 AM
I thought the nominations were, by and large and in the great tradition of the Recording Academy, a shit sandwich. Though I was happy that Mumford & Sons, Robyn, Goldfrapp, and my favorite Lady Gaga album track "Dance in the Dark" were recognized.

I was pleased to see the Best Hard Rock Performance nominations, with Alice in Chains' "A Looking in View," Soundgarden's "Black Rain," and Stone Temple Pilots' "Between the Lines."

I think the real winner in that category will be Seattle in 1992. ;)

Best Metal Performance is a complete crock.

Llamas
12-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Either my age is showing, or the grammys are getting worse and worse... I got seriously bored looking at that list, only recognizing about 30% of the artists. I think it's the latter, because I feel pretty sure that I stay fairly current on popular music, whether or not I like it.

Why does country always get its own category, while so many other popular genres get ignored? Stupid country music.

jacknife737
12-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Haven't really paid attention to the grammys in like 10 years or so.

Pretty sure i haven't heard an album by any of the groups nominated this year.

Retard
12-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Does anyone have the actual list of everything? that thing with the little synopsis was confusing.

simpsons said it best.... homer tries to give his grammy away as a tip... the dude wouldnt take it.

Rooster
12-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Seriously though, AiC gotta win this one. BGWTB is incredible, it's actually the only album i own that i can't get bored of, no matter how frequently i listen to it (by now i have probably listened to it three times as much as any other album i own), so i can safely say it has become my favorite album. Ever. Or at least until a better album is made...

JohnnyNemesis
12-09-2010, 07:28 PM
lol robyn

Little_Miss_1565
12-09-2010, 09:59 PM
lol robyn

CAN U TELL ME ONCE AGAIN
HOW WE GONNA BE JUST FRENZ?
IF UR 4 REAL N NOT PRETEND
THEN I GUESS U CAN HAAAAAAAAANG WITH ME
:p