PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one....

DarrellOCguy
12-02-2010, 04:59 PM
..That keeps getting aggrivated every time I come to this website and all they are ever doing is advertising...Its really annoying, make a new video, talk to the fans, give us more live footage, or at least advertise a new album!
I dont care about some lame ass video game, or your how much you love japan over your fans back home...those podcast's are BORING. Bring something new to the table PLEASE. You guys do rock HARDCORE though. This website is just BAD. I know alot of you will hate me for this but i just had to let it out.

Living in Chaos
12-02-2010, 05:53 PM
If you find the podcasts boring "JUST....DON'T...LISTEN TO IT."

Seriously, it's nice of the band to let their fans know how much they appreciate them, and to hear about their experiences on the road, especially in Japan, such a foreign culture. Of course they are going to advertise that they are on a game, on their own website so that their fans wil know that they are, in fact, on that game.

When the guys are ready to talk about the new album, they will talk about the new album.

Dexter_italy
12-03-2010, 02:12 AM
..That keeps getting aggrivated every time I come to this website and all they are ever doing is advertising...Its really annoying, make a new video, talk to the fans, give us more live footage, or at least advertise a new album!
I dont care about some lame ass video game, or your how much you love japan over your fans back home...those podcast's are BORING. Bring something new to the table PLEASE. You guys do rock HARDCORE though. This website is just BAD. I know alot of you will hate me for this but i just had to let it out.

1 - Make a video of what?
2 - talk to the fans.... what the fuck is the podcast?
3 - annoying... does the site come to you and say: hey visit me, read me!!
4 - a lot of us don't have the time to hate every silly baby who comes here and whine

Little_Miss_1565
12-03-2010, 07:11 AM
"...all they are every doing is advertising." Advertising what, exactly? And as it's been pointed out, the podcast is a huge step towards more regular contact with the fans. It just seems like whatever they do never seems like quite enough to some people...sometimes I wonder if they'd do more if they got a little more positivity from this place.

ThunderPX
12-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Actually, on the whole I've found the Offspring's fanbase to be one of the most satisfied and pleasant of all fanbases I've encountered. If you want bad, try going to a Weezer forum.

Besides, it's not like you can come up with many valid complaints about the band's relationship with their fans, and the OP proves exactly that by making no sense whatsoever.

Lavrova Maria
12-03-2010, 09:52 AM
As you can see - yes, you are the only one.

The Talking Pie
12-03-2010, 10:16 AM
The Offspring owe you nothing (contrary to popular belief, one's support of a band by buying their album entitles you to one (1) album, nothing more). Be grateful for what you get.

jacknife737
12-03-2010, 02:01 PM
This thread is beyond stupid.

Harleyquiiinn
12-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Wait... what video game ? :(

I know Linkin Park made a Iphone video game (which is not so good, but I think it's pretty cool that they made themselves in 8-bit) but you are on the wrong website....

randman21
12-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Wait... what video game ? :(

I know Linkin Park made a Iphone video game (which is not so good, but I think it's pretty cool that they made themselves in 8-bit) but you are on the wrong website....
Haha, I had to think about it for a second as well. I think he's either referring to their involvement in Tap Tap Revenge or Rock Band, or NFL Madden '09 a while back.

The Offspring owe you nothing (contrary to popular belief, one's support of a band by buying their album entitles you to one (1) album, nothing more). Be grateful for what you get.
You're one of the few other people I've heard say this. It's really the only acceptable way to look at it. They provide a service, we pay for said service. End of transaction.

mr.mcgoo
12-04-2010, 01:18 AM
..That keeps getting aggrivated every time I come to this website and all they are ever doing is advertising...Its really annoying.

I get really annoyed by people who can't spell aggrievated properly!

Offspring are the dogs bollocks (that means they are somewhat good to my American cousins) and music is/was there bag and we love them for that NOT for their abilities in keeping a web site up to date.

Virtuoso
12-04-2010, 03:32 AM
I get really annoyed by people who can't spell aggrievated properly!

And I get really aggravated by people who complain about other people's spelling without checking their own spelling first. Seriously, before you start pointing out someone else's mistakes, just make sure you got it right yourself.

Welcome to the forum by the way. I hope you enjoy your stay.