PDA

View Full Version : Don't Ask Don't Tell Repealed-Fox News Comments Hilarity Ensues

IamSam
12-18-2010, 06:04 PM
I keep telling myself that each comment is the last one I'm going to read but I always end up clicking the 'Load More' button at the bottom...
CLICK IF UR GAAAY (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/17/senate-faces-historic-vote-military-gay-ban/#content)

Some favs:

Why anyone would want to put their "manhood" in a spot that another man expells his solid bodily waste apparently has not learned much about what body parts are supposed to be used for. Biology=FAIL

Let there be no mistake. The senators that voted to repeal are traitors. They have willingly and knowingly weakened the US military. Good soldiers will leave the service, making it even weaker. What happens when two gay soldiers go to Massachusetts to get LEGALLY married, and then return to their post in another state, and demand to live in base housing? The military will have no option but to allow them to get into housing since they are LEGALLY married in a state that allows it, and the military honors any legal marriage, from any of the 50 states. These politicians have opened a can of worms and it will be nearly impossible to put the lid back on. They have brought about long lasting and irreparable damage to the US military.

Um, GOD gave us the rainbow, if I'm not mistaken ...

Static_Martyr
12-18-2010, 07:07 PM
:D I was just coming to this board to update my old topic about the DADT policy after I saw the article on yahoo news.

I try to read FOX news sometimes, but it always makes me feel really paranoid....I feel like I'm turning into a super-liberal conspiracy nut, with some of the things I'm saying to myself as I watch FOX.

jacknife737
12-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Quite the fine line between hilarious, and horrifying.

Take a look at this. I just saw a fat a** beaner throw a chair across the room on the news over this lol. "Puffer snuffers get to live nasty lives and my daughter has to leave the country!?" THWWWWAAACK chair hits wall. DAAAAAAMn

Not allow them to make out with a camel, that is sick. Maybe you can offer your butthole up for them instead and spare the camel, yes?

Don't be surprised if something happens to someone who flaunts their open gayness in the military. I have a feeling there will be quite a few "accidents"

Well, thats the end of me and any military service. I will not tolerate being lumped in with openly gay people. If they try to draft me, I will leave the country

WebDudette
12-18-2010, 11:35 PM
This is the worst fucking website of all time. It makes me feel physically ill.

I will gladly let a gay soldier bleed next to me.

As far as getting rid of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, I am fucking psyched.

Llamas
12-19-2010, 05:29 AM
Let there be no mistake. The senators that voted to repeal are traitors. They have willingly and knowingly weakened the US military. Good soldiers will leave the service, making it even weaker. What happens when two gay soldiers go to Massachusetts to get LEGALLY married, and then return to their post in another state, and demand to live in base housing? The military will have no option but to allow them to get into housing since they are LEGALLY married in a state that allows it, and the military honors any legal marriage, from any of the 50 states. These politicians have opened a can of worms and it will be nearly impossible to put the lid back on. They have brought about long lasting and irreparable damage to the US military.

I honestly think that this is the ONLY argument against gay marriage that has even the remotest amount of sense and logic. The military doesn't allow relationships (or they do their best to prevent it)... they don't allow couples to live together... so that's why they separate men and women in housing and everything. The belief is that, if couples live together and such, it's distracting and doesn't give full attention to the soldier aspects. I'm not saying I agree with this angle, but it's the only argument I can actually understand that's not just extremely homophobic.

Don't be surprised if something happens to someone who flaunts their open gayness in the military. I have a feeling there will be quite a few "accidents"

Well, thats the end of me and any military service. I will not tolerate being lumped in with openly gay people. If they try to draft me, I will leave the country

Holy fucking shit at these guys. First guy is basically wishing harm on gays... second is just a terrible person. What country is he going to go to? Most countries allow gays to work alongside everyone else even more so than the US - most countries are more progressed about gay rights. Ha, good luck.

After seeing the comments you all quoted, I'm not sure I want to read the site. The one Pilz quoted is just simply disgusting.

wheelchairman
12-19-2010, 05:46 AM
The first guy isn't wishing harm on gays, he just seemingly feels real apathetic should anything bad happen to them.

As if being gay outside the military is some kind of super-picnic.

And by most countries I assume you mean most Western countries. :p

Well I suppose its a step forward that gays can now die for their country's pointless military exploits.

Now maybe we'll let them get married. As long as they promise not to ruin the institution of marriage by gaying it up.

Llamas
12-19-2010, 05:54 AM
I caved. Jesus Christ.

have to admit, I was against the repeal of DADT as I believed this would weaken the morale of our combat troops. I now see this as a positive. Now that DADT has been repealed, it opens the door to ban gays from the military services in 2013.

What is wrong with people? What ever happened to "country first"? Let's ban fags, but it's cool if I have to serve alongside rapists and molesters!

Llamas
12-19-2010, 05:57 AM
The first guy isn't wishing harm on gays, he just seemingly feels real apathetic should anything bad happen to them.
Kind of. It's pretty extreme.

And by most countries I assume you mean most Western countries. :p
Well, I meant any country that a white conservative American would even consider moving to (I feel free to assert that this person fits that definition). Someone like him isn't talking about fleeing the country to Nigeria. :P

Well I suppose its a step forward that gays can now die for their country's pointless military exploits.
They already could... they just couldn't tell anyone they were gay before they died.

Now maybe we'll let them get married. As long as they promise not to ruin the institution of marriage by gaying it up.
Ruin the institution? Neil Patrick Harris begs to differ! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_hyT7_Bx9o)

WebDudette
12-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Oops, this is the website I meant to link too: http://foxnewscomments.com/tag/homophobia/

Raku
12-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Oops, this is the website I meant to link too: http://foxnewscomments.com/tag/homophobia/

Holy shit that site pisses me off, it makes me want to go on a huge rant...

mario_spaghettio
12-20-2010, 12:58 PM
They better keep a low profile on the ogling and flamboyant behavior or I guarantee they'll get smashed to pieces by their straight counterparts. The top ranking US military officials were against this because they know it's going to cause problems. This is going to get really ugly

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Only to crazed bigots like you, Mario! Quit projecting.

I'm stoked for the Taliban to start receiving live fire from gay people. Suck on that, terrorism!

Llamas
12-20-2010, 03:26 PM
They better keep a low profile on the ogling and flamboyant behavior or I guarantee they'll get smashed to pieces by their straight counterparts. The top ranking US military officials were against this because they know it's going to cause problems. This is going to get really ugly
Now the troll is just copy/pasting from fox news. Classy.

I'm stoked for the Taliban to start receiving live fire from gay people. Suck on that, terrorism!

Pfft, the Taliban was already getting attacked by gays - the only difference is that now they'll know it!

What I find so funny is how a majority of those opposed are acting like the law is allowing gays to *join* the military, rather than just allowing gays who are already in the military to be out about who they are. I think some of these people are expecting a bunch of flaming homos in pink short shorts and way too much glittery hair gel to show up at boot camp, rolling their eyes and crying every time they have to do a push up because it's messing up their spray tans and manicures**. Somehow these people live such sheltered lives that they don't realize that most gay people look and act perfectly "normal"... and that they interact and deal with them a lot more often than they think.

The best part is some shit I read about how hetero guys should have separate showers from gay guys, because "now we'll all have to shower with the fags!" Actually, you were already showering with the fags. Get your head out of your ass and realize that just because a guy is gay doesn't mean he wants to bone you. Plus, before, if a gay guy was a creeper who's attracted to a hetero guy, he was checking you out without you knowing. Isn't that worse?

My final thought: women have dealt for years with creeper dudes who hit on us and make us uncomfortable because we're not interested. If any homo dudes hit on you straight guys, they're creepers just like the straight guys who hit on us. We've dealt with it for years; it's your turn. :P

**Not that I have a problem with gay guys who look and act like this... the point just being that those kinds of guys aren't likely to join the military.

WebDudette
12-20-2010, 03:29 PM
I was actually just talking about that with a friend. These guys were gay before don't ask don't tell was repealed, they don't suddenly become gay. The only people who are making this a problem are insecure, bigoted, assholes.

mario_spaghettio
12-20-2010, 07:58 PM
N
The best part is some shit I read about how hetero guys should have separate showers from gay guys,So the women and men should shower together also?

Llamas
12-20-2010, 08:17 PM
So the women and men should shower together also?

Why not? I think Americans are the only people who are terrified of nudity. I've showered and changed in gang showers and locker rooms with guys present before and I've never been raped.

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Why not? I think Americans are the only people who are terrified of nudity. I've showered and changed in gang showers and locker rooms with guys present before and I've never been raped.

You've also never served under the stresses of combat. I think it'd be a really bad idea to mix shower arrangements. I've seen good men completely lose the plot after time in combat.

That said, straight guys and gay guys shower together all the time in gyms without unwanted incident. So do gay women and straight women. It's not impossible. I wonder if all this about gays making passes at straights in the locker room and showers is the stuff of Mario's repressed fantasies.

Llamas
12-21-2010, 06:30 AM
You've also never served under the stresses of combat. I think it'd be a really bad idea to mix shower arrangements. I've seen good men completely lose the plot after time in combat.
Valid point. I guess it really is a grey situation, though. I mean, I could almost see having separate showers for gays and straights being logical... but to what end? I mean, if good men lose themselves, what's the difference between a straight guy going after a girl in the shower, and a gay guy going after a straight guy in the shower? How much can we really separate things, and which separations are okay? Ideally, everyone would have a separate, individual shower... but we know that won't happen.

That said, straight guys and gay guys shower together all the time in gyms without unwanted incident. So do gay women and straight women.
Well, I wouldn't say that's true, though. I mean, in the past, gay guys had to keep their sexuality a secret, so coming on to a guy in the shower obviously would reveal it and he'd get kicked out. Now there's no more punishment for that than there is for a straight guy coming on to a woman - which, as you pointed out, does happen often enough.

I wonder if all this about gays making passes at straights in the locker room and showers is the stuff of Mario's repressed fantasies.
I think this is true for most homophobes, haha.

Jesus
12-21-2010, 07:40 AM
llamas you forgot to answer the important question the newbie asked.

As for seperate showering, the best TMI reasons in favor of it given by a gay friend were:
- It saves them from the potential embarrassment of getting a public stiffy while watching their straight friends.
- Might increase the likelihood of sex in the showers.

batfish
12-21-2010, 12:34 PM
A practical argument in favour of allowing gays in the military to be open about it is that it reduces the risk of blackmail. Not that there would be much shame in being Outed these days; but surely the victim would still be scared of losing their job?

I can't see how there will be much of a problem when it comes to it.

10 years ago it was illegal to be gay in the British Army; now soldiers can march at gay pride events in uniform.

... Not that all soldiers approve of that particular event. The general attitude is simply, Who gives a shit? Nobody cares as long as you don't make a big deal of it, don't flaunt it, and don't sleep your way up the chain of command. In fact - the same limitations as apply to women in the army. There is also a lot of banter, but in this day and age if someone goes too far, starts bullying, he'd be stopped by the other soldiers before it even got to any official reports or sanctions.

An SAS / Para captain was the first British officer to undergo a full sex change, in 2008. It was met pretty badly by her superiors and she has since resigned her commission. There's even been official guidance on this sort of situation since then...

WebDudette
12-21-2010, 03:06 PM
I was listening to them talk about this on the radio and one guy called in and was talking about how Marines are from certain parts of the nation that don't tolerate homosexuality or even blacks and women. What the fuck? How is that an argument for don't ask, don't tell?

wheelchairman
12-22-2010, 01:15 AM
Y'all are gonna be shocked but it turns out that largely all empirical evidence since the 1950's points to the fact that allowing openly gay soldiers serve in the military has no negative affects, and the exclusionary policy only limits the available number of soldiers in service.
http://www.palmcenter.org/publications/dadt/what_does_empirical_research_say_about_impact_open ly_gay_service_military

It's so weird when people hold beliefs contrary to all known research and evidence, and yet stubbornly stick to these beliefs anyways. That's probably the definition of dumb.

IamSam
12-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Apparently if you're gay you can't fire a weapon...DNA and shit...apparently...

mario_spaghettio
12-26-2010, 11:10 PM
They better not throw a hissy fit when they find out they're going to be used as cannon fodder

IamSam
12-27-2010, 11:01 AM
They better not throw a hissy fit when they find out they're going to be used as cannon fodder

As opposed to already being used as cannon fodder?

mario_spaghettio
12-27-2010, 12:26 PM
As opposed to already being used as cannon fodder?It's possible now that a higher up who may be anti-gay will hold less value on their lives knowing that they're gay. Not saying that it's right, but the military and war isn't a pride parade, it's serious business.

Llamas
12-27-2010, 12:44 PM
It's possible now that a higher up who may be anti-gay will hold less value on their lives knowing that they're gay. Not saying that it's right, but the military and war isn't a pride parade, it's serious business.

The military can already do that with the lives of women. Sexist sergeants and generals can get away with pretty awful things with regards to women in the military. Yet women still join the military... and they don't pretend to be men.

mario_spaghettio
12-27-2010, 02:25 PM
AN EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK AT OUR NEWEST RECRUITS IN FULL BATTLE ACTION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Joxoi8Z0s6k