PDA

View Full Version : Perfect band?

Kyle lol
12-23-2010, 09:02 AM
The other day I realized something. I sat there listening to every song by the offspring trying to find my favorite, but I just couldn't decide which song was perfect for me, then it hit me, there was no perfect song because it was the whole compilation that made it complete. I felt sad listening to 'kristy are you doing o.k? And I laughed listening to Americana and felt the rage in bad habit. All these things make the band perfect. And for me, that is perfect

Jojan
12-23-2010, 11:35 AM
What kind of a sick person are you, laughing at Americana?!

yarock
12-23-2010, 11:41 AM
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3029/yunusg.jpg

Omni
12-23-2010, 12:06 PM
What is that, one of those Magic Eye things?

randman21
12-23-2010, 03:01 PM
I hate those things! We used to have them all over my school and I've never been able to conquer one.

Anyway, I thought the "laughing at Americana/feeling the rage at Bad Habit" thing was funny also. Should be the other way around. BUT! I'm totally with this guy. I was just thinking about it the other day. I used to consider an album great if I liked three or four songs from it. Thriller was the only one on which I liked every song, but there's only like eight tracks. Then along came Offspring. It still amazes me that I like every single song they've put out. And it's affected my standards. If I listen to an album now and don't like every song, I get disappointed. That's not a necessarily reasonable feeling. But hey.

Omni
12-23-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm still pretty well the same way, randman. In a standard album (what, 12 songs), 3 or 4 songs I think are good is considered a success, and I'll probably check out more of that band. Because if they can keep up 3 or 4 songs per album, and they have like five or more releases, I can usually squeeze enough good material out of them to fill two albums. Six songs or more is officially a great album. Most or all (nine or ten out of the 12) is an outstanding album. The Offspring seem to invariably fall into that category with every release, with the exception of their first.

I know the Offspring doesn't get much credit for being an outstanding band. They're not held in the same light as Led Zeppelin or something, but for some reason, I can't find another band who can consistently do this.

camilo andres
12-24-2010, 08:47 AM
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3029/yunusg.jpg

Oh, two dolphins! Nice!