PDA

View Full Version : Fans from Russia?

ContraUhh
12-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Hey dudes!!What's up? What's about the fans from the Russian Federation? I want 2 ask not only people from Russia ?but everybody from other countries who is not the native speaker of english! My question- Do ya have some problems with understanding the point of Offspring's songs? Not the translation but just the meaning of songs??????????:confused:. Becuz americans have their own culture 'n etc., of cuz they have their own habits in languages 'n here u can see special habits in lyrics!!!!! Sometimes it's not enough just to translate and be fucking happy))) , we...russian...must understand, yaeh,yeah understand the sense of lyrics of one of the greatest bands in the fuckin' universe!

Blitz!
12-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Dexter is a prolific writer and even though some lyrics can be translated and make complete sense others don’t. My advise to you would be to translate the lyrics and believe in what they mean to you, personally.

Let me add, the understanding of the lyrics is not limited to non-native speaking fans

ContraUhh
12-25-2010, 12:56 PM
thanx, agree totally

~|Vredina|~
12-25-2010, 01:30 PM
I agree with Blitz! :)
The most important thing is what the lyrics mean to you personally, if you speak English of course. But unfortunately, a lot of russian fans don't understand the meaning of the songs, they just like their music in general.
Btw, I've seen the russian translation of the songs, and most of them had lost the point, let me tell you :rolleyes:

Jojan
12-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Blitz... are you drunk?

Free?
12-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Nothing's wrong with digging up the meaning of songs you're uncertain about. The search button could help you with that.

ContraUhh
12-25-2010, 11:42 PM
To my thinking it's not so bad that fans don't understand the translation, the main thing is that they just get pleasure of listening to the Offspring, i agree with u!

ContraUhh
12-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Blitz... are you drunk?

Drunk? What do you mean?:)

Jojan
12-26-2010, 06:21 AM
Drunk? What do you mean?:)

Intoxicated by alcohol.

Blitz!
12-26-2010, 07:23 AM
Blitz... are you drunk?

Oh, bite me :p

ContraUhh
12-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Who can explain me why one dude is drunk 'n why wants to be bitten????