PDA

View Full Version : Born Frustrated covering "Gotta Get Away"

Dopamine
12-28-2010, 04:46 AM
We were playing around while practicing and started jamming out on Offspring's "Gotta Get Away". It was spontanious and it came out pretty cool I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKkUhU0f_mg&

randman21
12-28-2010, 04:54 AM
Hehehehe. Very surprising to see you back here. What's not surprising is that the music rocks! I always dug your style, and you guys are good. Glad you finally found a band and I hope to hear more from Born Frustrated soon!

Dopamine
12-28-2010, 05:26 AM
Hi!

I was a bit surprised to see your comment. To be honest I didn't think anyone would remember or even know who I was. There sure is no way to hide anything from you guys :)

I'm glad you response was of a kind nature though, so that was a relief. I have no connection to Sony Music anymore by the way. I hardly even remember what happened other than that I scewed up letting people in on secrets regarding the new Offspring album. I regret that. I guess I just wanted to make people happy but failed miserably.

Thank you for your kind words.

And oh...not that anyone might care, but I have a new recording coming out in march 2011 with www.soxicmusic.com. :)

ad8
12-29-2010, 12:50 PM
That was a fine cover, good job! (although I kind of missed the backing vocals in the second part of the chorus, but whatever, you were just jamming so that's still a nice job)

dff_punk
12-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Haha. I remember you too now that I found other songs and stuff. I really liked how you simplified the chords in the verse of Gotta Get Away. Really interesting.

Dopamine
12-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Hi guys!

There was absolutely no thought or effort put behind this thing. We just jamming on various songs that popped up in our heads and I came up with this one. It could have been better, especially since the other guy's don't know the song too well, but I figured I'd share it with you anyways. I love "Gotta Get Away". It used to be a very important song to me growing up.

Regarding my last album "Sympaticus", it popped up on a torrent site yesterday and even though it was never ment to end up there, I don't really mind. So those of you who'd like to download it, go right ahead...

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6074363/Soxic_Music_-_Sympaticus_(2010)

The new one is coming out in february 2011.

www.soxicmusic.com