PDA

View Full Version : why?....

livingdeadgirl
02-04-2005, 09:12 AM
are politics sooo boring? an yet sooo interesting?
discuss!....

wheelchairman
02-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Because you have yet to comprehend the concept of 'contradiction.'

Betty
02-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Because the theory behind it is interesting but then WCM makes a post and throws in a hundred names of places and cultures that you have no idea what they are, and then are pretty bored at that point. Note: If I have no clue what you're talking about, I can't beat you in an argument.

livingdeadgirl
02-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Because the theory behind it is interesting but then WCM makes a post and throws in a hundred names of places and cultures that you have no idea what they are, and then are pretty bored at that point. Note: If I have no clue what you're talking about, I can't beat you in an argument.
thats a good enough reason for me!

wheelchairman
02-05-2005, 04:50 AM
online encyclopedia: www.en.wikipedia.org, a websurfer's best Friend.

livingdeadgirl
02-05-2005, 05:23 AM
eh hem......dont you mean, your best friend?

wheelchairman
02-05-2005, 05:35 AM
Yes that's exactly what I mean. I am so lonely, so very lonely.

FuckingHardcoreBitch
02-05-2005, 06:58 AM
Politics are boring cuz:

the leaders want you to think it's boring,
so you don't see any interests ,
so you don't get to understand what's going,
so you let'em do what they want

that's why america will be fighting faraway countries for oil …ho yeah they said it was "fighting a war against evil"… but really fighting a war against oil shortage…
did you know we only have 30-50 years of oil usage left on earth ? that's why the us need (and have the ability) to steal oil.

Noodles is gay
02-05-2005, 07:09 AM
are politics sooo boring? an yet sooo interesting?
discuss!....

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you." - Perikles (Athenian general, 430 BC)

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” – Plato (Greek philosopher)

Betty
02-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Dear WCM:

I do not have the time to search 20 different concepts per post on wikipedia.

I don't know, it's my own fault.

I'm just saying that in a lot of your posts you make them so that maybe 2 or 3 other people on the whole board will have a clue what you're talking about. I don't know if it's the only way you can approach an issue, or if it's possible to make your examples less specific. If it isn't, then fine. But if it is, then it's kinda the whole "using lots of big words to sound smarter and so that others can't argue with you".

Blah, I've just been noticing it a lot more lately and I never have the desire to practically READ half the things you post in politics nowadays.

wheelchairman
02-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Hmm it depends, a lot of what I have to argue about is based on theory put into practice you know? And there are such few examples of this. Basically I just find it good to back up my points with events in real life as well. I'll try to avoid it in the future.

Betty
02-05-2005, 02:19 PM
I don't think you should totally avoid it. Maybe just toning it down on occasion... it's really up to you though... I guess maybe it was just a thing I wanted to point out since I didn't know if you did it intentionally or not.

Also, my opinion is obviously not the end all and be all.

Noodles is gay
02-05-2005, 02:25 PM
I'll just interrupt here - i quite like wheelchairman including historical figures in his arguments, then if i don't know them i can find out about them and become, obviously, more knowledgeable about subject which i wouldn't have a clue about otherwise.

wheelchairman
02-05-2005, 02:27 PM
I don't think you should totally avoid it. Maybe just toning it down on occasion... it's really up to you though... I guess maybe it was just a thing I wanted to point out since I didn't know if you did it intentionally or not.

Also, my opinion is obviously not the end all and be all.
Yeah I said I'd try. I wasn't gonna completely cut it out because I think that would be hard to avoid. But if I notice I'm doing it in places that aren't completely necessary I'll avoid it.

Betty
02-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Jenny (I think... don't like the screen name)... yeah I agree, and don't want to come off all "don't use big words and things I've never heard of" etc. But the point is more like, if it's just a huge bombardment of "the so and so's in such and such an obscure tribe in such and such an obscure city along with so and so and so and so and such and such" etc, etc, etc. it gets a bit overwhelming.

Noodles is gay
02-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Yeah, it's jenny! :cool:

Yes occasionally, i know [usually] about 3/4 of what he's on about so don't have to look too much up :p

SkunkIt
02-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Because you have yet to comprehend the concept of 'contradiction.'

What he said.

RXP
02-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Politics is boring for some it ain't for others.

Just like hockey is boring for some it ain't for others, or any hobby for that matter.

Vera
02-06-2005, 10:00 AM
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you." - Perikles (Athenian general, 430 BC)

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” – Plato (Greek philosopher)
OMFG, no one fucking cares that you can quote the ancient greats. No one fucking cares. Stop thinking it's impressive and makes people think you're smart.

RXP
02-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Calm down Vera.

Vera
02-06-2005, 10:21 AM
"Nothing is so aggravating as calmness."
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Noodles is gay
02-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Actually i thought my original quotes suited the situation perfectly. :cool:

"The only thing I have to declare is my genius." - Wilde

"Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me" – Bible

"I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing." – Socrates

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." – Euripides

"The superior man acquaints himself with many sayings of antiquity and many deeds of the past, in order to strengthen his character thereby." - John Milton (English poet, historian and scholar, 1608-1674)

Vera
02-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Pssst. A quote can't be original - it's already said by someone else.

Noodles is gay
02-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Pssst. A quote can't be original - it's already said by someone else.

Pssst, i know. I am aware that quotes are not 'original' but i merely meant the ones that i had used in my first post [my original post].

Hence, I meant the other meaning of the word 'original'.

Vera
02-06-2005, 11:28 AM
"Whatever."
- Amber, in the film "Clueless".

Noodles is gay
02-06-2005, 11:37 AM
God, i would never have thought anyone could be so anal about me quoting Perikles and Plato! You should chill out.

“Obstinate people can be divided into the opinionated, the ignorant, and the boorish” – Aristotle (Greek philosopher, 384-322BC)

:cool:

I really don't see what your problem was - i quote a lot, i've done it many times before and yet you've never said anything, maybe you haven't seen? Anyway, it's what i do, i do it when i'm talking to people too, also i will continue to quote because i enjoy doing it.

RXP
02-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Yeah keep quoting. Vera's just sexually frustarted.

Vera
02-07-2005, 05:11 AM
On the internet, who the hell isn't?

livingdeadgirl
02-10-2005, 07:28 AM
"The only thing I have to declare is my genius."

he he. my fav out of the lot!

Trip Boy
02-10-2005, 11:49 AM
he he. SHUT UP

livingdeadgirl
02-12-2005, 03:42 AM