PDA

View Full Version : New Rise Against Single Debuts Today

cool 2 hate 681
01-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Tune in to @kroq today at 5pm pst to hear Tim debut our new single Help Is On The Way

from http://twitter.com/riseagainst/status/27056431471525889

dff_punk
01-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Looking forward to what these guys have to offer too.

Alex101
01-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Does anybody have a clip or something so I can hear the new song?

Retard
01-17-2011, 07:36 PM
It's on Punknews.org

i wasn't that impressed. granted I only have sufferer and the witness so i could be a lil biased.

Alex101
01-17-2011, 07:36 PM
It's on Punknews.org
Yeah, I just saw that. Here's the link in case no one's heard of it yet:

http://soundcloud.com/kroq/rise-against-help-is-on-the-way

cool 2 hate 681
01-17-2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko6snVWsd4o

there was a question about fat wreck chords but i guess it got edited out from the online stream:confused:

jacknife737
01-18-2011, 06:42 AM
It's alright. I'll check out the album when it comes out, but i don't have high expectations.

dff_punk
01-18-2011, 06:58 AM
The song is good, but nothing really mindblowing. Although the new album might still be pretty great. The first single off "Appeal To Reason" was too kinda mediocre but the whole album contained pretty neat songs.

Alison
01-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Hmm sounds good enough. Not amazing but I think it's hard to top some of their older songs.

Just hope there's a new tour soon!

MAXTER
01-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Good Song! I like it! not the best, bt sounds Rise Against!!! so, OK!!! ;)

They will touring in March in Europe http://www.riseagainst.com/events/

Blitz!
01-18-2011, 01:30 PM
I love Rise Against but unfortunately I can't listen to the new song because none of the links here work for me :( Would it be possible for someone to upload the song?

MAXTER
01-18-2011, 02:21 PM
I love Rise Against but unfortunately I can't listen to the new song because none of the links here work for me :( Would it be possible for someone to upload the song?

Hey Blitz!, I upload for you ;)
go HERE (http://www.mediafire.com/?t5ikfdau53ya42t)

Tijs
01-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Good Song! I like it! not the best, bt sounds Rise Against!!! so, OK!!! ;)

They will touring in March in Europe http://www.riseagainst.com/events/

Even though my name isn't Blitz!, I will download Blitz!.rar.

They will touring in March in Europe http://www.riseagainst.com/events/Yeah I'm hoping to see them then. Probably won't happen when they play in Holland, so gonna go to Germany for that. One of the best bands I've seen live.

Outerspaceman21
01-18-2011, 04:39 PM
This is alright, but not incredible. I miss old Rise Against to be honest. Really haven't been the same since Siren Songs.

Blitz!
01-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Hey Blitz!, I upload for you ;)
go HERE (http://www.mediafire.com/?t5ikfdau53ya42t)

Thanks Marcin :)
I like the song and have a feeling that this new album is going to rock.

Even though my name isn't Blitz!, I will download Blitz!.rar.

Thief :p

Tijs
01-23-2011, 07:21 AM
Thief :pI didn't steal anything! You still have what you had. I just made an unauthorized copy. :)

Anyway, I need to steal it again because I accidentally deleted it.

jacknife737
02-17-2011, 12:57 PM
They posted another new song on their myspace: not too into it.

Interestingly though, they seem to take a jab at Against Me!

"Do you remember when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire? Well I am, and I still do."

Omni
02-17-2011, 12:59 PM
I like Against Me!. Haters can suck it.

jacknife737
02-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I like Against Me!. Haters can suck it.

Same here. Also the criticism (if it is of course one) seems to ring a bit hollow considering the position Rise Against is in.

cool 2 hate 681
02-17-2011, 01:59 PM
They posted another new song on their myspace: not too into it.

Interestingly though, they seem to take a jab at Against Me!

"Do you remember when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire? Well I am, and I still do."

very interesting i wonder if tom gabel will respond

dff_punk
02-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Musically, I kinda like the chorus in "Architects". And this Rise Against Me! (someone had to say it) thing is interesting.

bouncingcoles
02-18-2011, 10:37 PM
i really dont think that line in the song had anything to do with against me....in fact i think thats completely retarded.

jacknife737
02-19-2011, 03:07 AM
i really dont think that line in the song had anything to do with against me....in fact i think thats completely retarded.

So they quote the chorus (or for arguments sake, they include a phrase with the identical wording) of a fairly popular single by the other band, and you think there's absolutely no chance it's a reference? I mean, i'm sure Tim was aware of I Was A Teenage Anarchist, so it would seem odd of him to include such a line, if there was no connection.

I mean, fair enough: it is just speculation on my part, but i'd be very, very surprised if it wasn't a reference.

Omni
02-19-2011, 05:25 PM
There's a chance that the line was not meant to be offensive, or possibly even lighthearted. But it's completely retarded to imply that it was only coincidental. It's word-for-word.

jacknife737
02-20-2011, 11:04 AM
There's a chance that the line was not meant to be offensive, or possibly even lighthearted. But it's completely retarded to imply that it was only coincidental. It's word-for-word.

Yeah, i have no idea what the intent of that lyric was (assuming there was one), for all i know the band's are friends, they were on the same label at one point.

cool 2 hate 681
03-04-2011, 01:53 PM
you can hear previews of endgame here:)

http://artists.universal-music.de/uid/_webwheel/riseagainst/

Rooster
03-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Hmm, nice to hear it's faster and somewhat more agressive than Appeal to Reason. It sounds like it could be a better album.

On the other hand, it doesn't really pull me in yet. Maybe i've just grown out of this melodic hardcore stuff (though i still listen to some bands that can be counted in this genre), and returned back to listening just the good, old melodic punk rock with the sound that isn't as strictly defined to a single genre. Though i'm deffinitely gonna check it out, as some songs sound different for them, and in a very good way. Like Broken for example. And Midnight is probably gonna rock hard too. Actually the album is gonna end much better than it starts.

I'm writing this while listening to the previews. And in the meantime i got more enthusiastic about the album. It does sound much better than Appeal. Much, much better. Which is good :)

Outerspaceman21
03-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Don't care too much for Architects. Help Is on the Way is alright, but is sounds a bit too generic. I honestly don't like Appeal to Reason as much as I did when it first came out. When it first came out, I was like "ZOMG, RISE AGAINST HAS DONE IT AGAIN!". Now, I there is only 3 or 4 songs I legit still like to listen too off that album.

I'm hoping the new album is not like that, but from what I've heard from these first two singles, it seems to be heading down that road. I'm still gonna give it a good, honest listen before I make a quick judgement call about it.

Rooster
03-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Don't care too much for Architects. Help Is on the Way is alright, but is sounds a bit too generic. I honestly don't like Appeal to Reason as much as I did when it first came out. When it first came out, I was like "ZOMG, RISE AGAINST HAS DONE IT AGAIN!". Now, I there is only 3 or 4 songs I legit still like to listen too off that album.

I'm hoping the new album is not like that, but from what I've heard from these first two singles, it seems to be heading down that road. I'm still gonna give it a good, honest listen before I make a quick judgement call about it.

I didn't care for those songs much, either. They sounded just... meh.

I noticed that those previews aren't up anymore. But from what i heard this will genuinely be better than Appeal to Reason - i think i can safely say this, as i'm neither super excited about the album, but i am a casual Rise Against fan. The album is deffinitely worth checking.

What bothers me though is the production. It's the typical nowadays "perfect production". Everything sounds so great, cleaned up, and every parts were played perfectly. I don't know, i guess this is exactly what bothers me with Rise Against and so many other bands that are putting out albums today. I hate the production, when everything sounds too clean. It kind of robs the album of any deffinitive sound. Fuck new technology, when you still have the old technlogy that you can use and the result sounds fucking great. Like new Social Distortion album, i like the production on that album a lot, it has that old-school feel. It seems that willl also be the case with the new Foo Fighters album. Or the Ixnay-Co1 era Offspring, that's how "punk" albums should sound. Not too cleaned up, but rather dirty and agressive. I still mainly judge an album by its content, but i tend to put albums that sound too perfect (by todays standards) back on the shelf much quicker than the ones with a bit more old-school feel.

cool 2 hate 681
03-06-2011, 04:55 PM
i really liked appeal to reason it's probably my favorite rise against album the only song i really don't like on it is hero of war

dff_punk
03-06-2011, 06:14 PM
I really like Hero Of War.
Only thing I do not like about it is when I was singing it on an acoustic guitar by the campfire, my friend told me that I suck at singing the chorus, even though I was putting so many effort to doing it well. Oh well, fuck her! :D

dff_punk
03-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Bump.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vqatxb3z06396ed

This is it :) Enjoy, I am looking forward too.

Rooster
03-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Yep, now i've got a confirmation. This is leagues above Appeal to Reason. Though it still doesn't really pull me in (gotta give it some time though, it's too early to make the final judgement), but i gotta say that there just might be some of their best material on here. Midnight hands is one of those songs. So far it's my favorite of the album.

The album DOES end much stronger than it starts. And it is more agressive than Appeal, thank God! Plus they try out some new things (at least for them), and that's only a plus.

MAXTER
03-08-2011, 06:58 AM
ENDGAME (http://www.mediafire.com/?ekeukd9oy9un8w3) the new album!!!!

Oppps! :D

Blitz!
03-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks Marcin … I managed to listen to some of it today and to honest it didn’t really grab me but on the other hand, I wasn’t really paying that much attention. I really like ‘ Help Is On The Way’ I suspect this is an album that will grow on me and probably land up being one of my favourites.

MAXTER
03-10-2011, 03:27 AM
Thanks Marcin … I managed to listen to some of it today and to honest it didn’t really grab me but on the other hand, I wasn’t really paying that much attention. I really like ‘ Help Is On The Way’ I suspect this is an album that will grow on me and probably land up being one of my favourites.

It's a pleasure for me ;)
I will listen it today :p
enjoy it! :)

RedVikingsCO1
03-11-2011, 02:00 AM
I've been listening to this album and here is my review of it:

Architects was a song with an intro that i really liked the sound of, i thought it was a really well put together song that if you fix up the chorus. I thought it didn't fit well but overall decent. Help is On the Way is a great song that's getting some airplay. Make It Stop (September's Children) reminded me of the intro to "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day but the rest of the song blew me away. Satellite was another song I could not stop listening to, I'm sure my girlfriend hates me for playing it non-stop in the car. I can also relate to the lyrics towards the end of the song. Broken Mirrors was another plus as I thought it was nice and catchy. It's 3am so my reviews shitty so i'll end it with a list

Top 3 songs on the album
1. Satellite
2. Make It Stop (September's Children)
3. Broken Mirrors

Solid Songs
- Architects
- Help is on the Way
- A Gentlemen's Coup
- Endgame

Alright Songs
- Disparity By Design
- Midnight Hands
- Survivor Guilt
- This is Letting Go

Songs to Avoid
- Wait For Me

Outerspaceman21
03-11-2011, 11:12 AM
First time listen through, I fucking hated every minute of it. It's was bland and when I was done, I couldn't remember a single track from the album aside from the singles. Nothing stood out to me and it just seemed really mediocre.

Second time though, I was able to pick out a few songs, but again everything still seemed so bland and generic. This album seems like a forced effort to me. The only tracks I like Make It Stop, Disparity By Design, Midnight Hands, and Survivor's Guilt.

I don't see myself wanting to listen to this album over Sufferer or Siren Songs, not even the tracks I like. I suppose that it still may be a grower and I may like is more in the near future, but so far it sucks.

cool 2 hate 681
03-11-2011, 02:02 PM
First time listen through, I fucking hated every minute of it. It's was bland and when I was done, I couldn't remember a single track from the album aside from the singles. Nothing stood out to me and it just seemed really mediocre.

Second time though, I was able to pick out a few songs, but again everything still seemed so bland and generic. This album seems like a forced effort to me. The only tracks I like Make It Stop, Disparity By Design, Midnight Hands, and Survivor's Guilt.

I don't see myself wanting to listen to this album over Sufferer or Siren Songs, not even the tracks I like. I suppose that it still may be a grower and I may like is more in the near future, but so far it sucks.

same here it reminds me of the last afi album

Rooster
03-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Still better than Appeal though. Or maybe not. Don't know, haven't really decided yet, it seemed better at first, but nothing really stands out except from a few songs - Midnight Hands, Gentlemen's Coup and the last 2 tracks that i just don't remember the names (i actually don't really care about the titles either).

Will probably forget about this album eventually, just like it was the case with Appeal to Reason. I kind of regret buying that one, since i don't listen to it anymore.

dff_punk
03-11-2011, 04:16 PM
After a few listens, I think a really solid album. Nothing really new and mindblowing, but really listenable and some standout songs might be one of their best. My favorites are This Is Letting Go, Broken Mirrors and Architects.

Outerspaceman21
03-11-2011, 04:17 PM
I actually like Appeal to Reason more then this one. Appeal to Reason had some pretty good songs that really were able to stand out on their own, like Savior and The Dirt Whispered. This album is like Appeal to Reason without those unique, catchy songs. Just one bland verse, chorus, rinse, lather, repeat song after another. I'm still gonna give it some more good listens to solidify my opinion, but still, so far this album is my first major disappointment of 2011.

jacknife737
03-12-2011, 02:47 PM
From the first listen, it didn't really click: I had a similar experience with Appeal With Reason. Hoping this changes with a second or third spin of the record. They just don't sound angry anymore: in the lyrics Tim says he is, but in the vocals, i just don't get that impression.

Outerspaceman21
03-12-2011, 05:03 PM
From the first listen, it didn't really click: I had a similar experience with Appeal With Reason. Hoping this changes with a second or third spin of the record. They just don't sound angry anymore: in the lyrics Tim says he is, but in the vocals, i just don't get that impression.

Yeah, thats one of the things that puts me off as well. The record is starting to grow on me a bit, but it still not great.

cool 2 hate 681
03-16-2011, 02:08 PM
there is a rise against webcast that starts in about 30 mins at http://www.riseagainst.com/live-from-uk/

_Way_Down_the_Line_
03-30-2011, 09:05 AM
Just Heard it ! Not too exited, just another rise against album,

Satellite, Help is on the way, & A Gentlemen's Coup were nice to hear first, then I played it again and Architects seemed a solid song too. nothin more to say, o am ok with the song Endgame too :D

bouncingcoles
04-04-2011, 10:23 AM
i think the album has SOME solid songs but too many ones that are pretty plain. im going to see them this month with bad religion. revolutions per minute will always be my fav RA album

cool 2 hate 681
04-04-2011, 01:40 PM
im going to see them this month with bad religion.

me to i will be at the long beach show on thursday i hope their are not too many new songs in the setlist

bouncingcoles
04-05-2011, 07:48 PM
me to i will be at the long beach show on thursday i hope their are not too many new songs in the setlist

It will be a steady mix of the past 4 albums. Probably like 1 from revolutions per minute.

cool 2 hate 681
04-05-2011, 08:30 PM
probably like the angel? from endgame im expecting help is on the way architects and maybe satellite hopefully nothing more

Outerspaceman21
04-05-2011, 11:28 PM
I don't why, but I don't find Satellite appealing at all. I think it's a crap song, but so many people have been saying thats like one of their favorite tracks on the album.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
04-09-2011, 08:21 AM
I don't why, but I don't find Satellite appealing at all. I think it's a crap song, but so many people have been saying thats like one of their favorite tracks on the album.

Come on it's not crap !

It's one of the best of the album, but the album is not of the best of them, do you get it? This means that the song is ok but not the best song that they have in all their albums.

Atleast that's what i think of it :D

Outerspaceman21
04-09-2011, 12:43 PM
I've listen to that song over an over again and I don't find it decent at all. Sure it may be the best on the album, but thats not saying much. The whole album sucks. Every songs lacks appeal and doesn't stand out on their own, just blends together like a big mainstream rock melting pot. There is no anger or aggression, so the messages they are trying to convey with their songs doesn't hit you like they used to. Honestly, I define this album, along with the new Rise Against sound, as Nickleback to punk beats.

Nothing will beat RPM and SSotCC