PDA

View Full Version : anyone wanna mix an Out On Patrol cover?

Ryder1234
01-27-2011, 12:25 AM
I can't get it right (nooooo way out), and didn't feel like bothering Homer with another mixing job (although feel free if you see this) so if anyone wants to mix it let me know I'll send you the tracks

What I've got so far... I'll probably re do the acoustic bits though, maybe some of the vox it's a bit messed up. Missing a few guitar parts, but they'll be done when I send the files.

http://rapidshare.com/files/444767567/out_on_patrol_rough.mp3

Zee on drums, Static on bass, I did the rest

Static_Martyr
01-27-2011, 05:08 AM
I was wondering what had ever come of that. And then I completely forgot about it :cool: Nice to see it's back in the works!

Are you gonna have the extra guitar parts from the "Revelations" version, or is it gonna be the S/T version?

EDIT: I am a dumbass, I downloaded it from the link provided in the OP and saw that it is indeed the S/T version.

Satanic_Surfer
01-27-2011, 07:08 AM
No, no, no... Play faster!

SåS
01-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Not too bad, I just don't like the electric drums, like almost every forums cover song has either ratty as drumming or a shitty sounding drums, it spoils it, but I guess people here don't have time and money to mic their kits.

Once I get my shit together, im willing to do some covers ;D
If that's okay offcouse.

Ryder1234
01-27-2011, 08:23 PM
I was wondering what had ever come of that. And then I completely forgot about it :cool: Nice to see it's back in the works!

Are you gonna have the extra guitar parts from the "Revelations" version, or is it gonna be the S/T version?

EDIT: I am a dumbass, I downloaded it from the link provided in the OP and saw that it is indeed the S/T version.

I have a bunch of covers started here and never finished haha, my recording setup broke about 5 months ago and I still need to replace it. I just went back to my old $20 mic for this, cause I needed to get something going music wise :p

Well it isn't 100% yet, and I may very well add in some Revelations-esque riffs. That'd be neat, hadn't planned on it but it would be a good touch.

Not too bad, I just don't like the electric drums, like almost every forums cover song has either ratty as drumming or a shitty sounding drums, it spoils it, but I guess people here don't have time and money to mic their kits.

Once I get my shit together, im willing to do some covers ;D
If that's okay offcouse.

I think part of the reason is that people don't own a real kit, or don't play drums at all. Zee did this on an electric kit, so at least it's not a program haha. But sounds good man I'd be down to cover anything let me know if you want to do something.

SåS
01-27-2011, 08:44 PM
I think part of the reason is that people don't own a real kit, or don't play drums at all. Zee did this on an electric kit, so at least it's not a program haha. But sounds good man I'd be down to cover anything let me know if you want to do something.

Yeah fair enough hey, I can upload a clip of a drum track, but most likely it'll change next time I record.

Ryder1234
01-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Feel free if you want to, once your setup is done throw any song's drum track at me and I'll do up the rest of the instruments.

SåS
01-27-2011, 09:22 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?64kmgpj44lne6li

This isn't an offspring song, its just a sample of the sound i'll be getting (or similar anyway, this is old), i'll probably get a better sound once I get my shit together.

ThunderPX
01-28-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm always up for a mixing job! By the way, is each part of the drums recorded separately, or is it a single channel?

Ryder1234
01-28-2011, 02:33 PM
It's all one track for the drums. I think what I'm gonna do is send what I have, and then the parts I need to redo (acoustic, some fills) I'll be able to mix in myself to your mix. I'll give the vocals another shot tonight with a better mic and send the files :)

Static_Martyr
01-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Speaking of acoustic....okay, I just *have* to know: how do you get such a crisp-sounding acoustic? Mind just sounds all dry and bass-heavy and clunky. Which is good for some songs, but not all.

Ryder1234
01-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Haha, to be honest, I'm not to sure. For this I just plugged a mic right into the mic jack and put it infront of my acoustic. With my old setup, it was a better mic into a preamp, then into the line in. It comes out a little bassy, but I just put a preset FX "close acoustic mic" on it on my recording program and it does the trick.