PDA

View Full Version : The most retarded and lamest TKAA cover I've ever heard.. EVER!

offsrx
01-27-2011, 07:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgePGhhL90Y

codberg
01-27-2011, 08:04 PM
ummm wow just wow whats with the pulsating guitar?

Llamas
01-28-2011, 05:07 AM
Terrible recording quality... impossible to judge. From what I could tell, the cover could've actually been pretty interesting, but the low recording quality made it so you couldn't really hear what was going on with clear instruments. Just kind of a big muddled mess.

yarock
01-28-2011, 05:39 AM
Pretty cool actually and I liked the extended intro. Solo part was average and ending was eh. What the fuck is the problem with you? What lame and retarded is the recording quality. And I'd hit that.

dff_punk
01-28-2011, 07:51 AM
And I'd hit that.

Exactly my thoughts. I have seen worse covers than this.

Zee
01-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Yeah, it's not that bad really. The drummer just takes too much of a role sometimes.

holland25
01-28-2011, 08:07 AM
It's not bad. I love female fronted bands...

offsrx
01-28-2011, 08:31 AM
You guys seen worse than this?
Please give me tha link...
I somehow knew that you guys would say the opposite..
to me, it sounds like it's unfinished practice, the singer doesn't know the words right, she sings even lower than Dexter is, and it's pretty much played with a lot of improvisation and mistakes. I do not really like when female covers male songs, or when male covers female songs, because it doesn't sound good, it sounds improvised. And I think that easiest/lamest thing is to improvise someone others song just the way you think it should be. That's just not trying enough.
I don't care about video quallity, just about the sound.
I respect them for giving honor to my favourite band, but they should practice more, so that song could sound as it should be.

Llamas
01-28-2011, 09:04 AM
to me, it sounds like it's unfinished practice,
That's because of the recording quality.

the singer doesn't know the words right,
What? She's singing them right. Maybe the recording quality also makes it seem like she's singing them wrong.

she sings even lower than Dexter is,
Umm, so? Dexter sings very high. And I love women singers who have deepish voices like hers. You may not, but that doesn't make it the worst cover ever.

and it's pretty much played with a lot of improvisation and mistakes.
I heard a bit of improv in the second chorus, but improv is not a bad thing. Again, you may dislike it, but many people love improv. Doesn't make it a bad cover.

I do not really like when female covers male songs, or when male covers female songs, because it doesn't sound good, it sounds improvised.
Well I guess that's your opinion, but most people disagree with this. I couldn't care less if the singer is a male or female when I hear a cover - it's all about whether or not the cover is interesting, which this one sounds like it probably was.

And I think that easiest/lamest thing is to improvise someone others song just the way you think it should be. That's just not trying enough.
Wait, so your issue with it is that it doesn't sound 100% like the original?? Oh, damn, man. You don't seem to realize that it's a LOT easier to cover a song exactly like it was originally than to change it up and give it your own personal spin. I now also realize you don't seem to know what "improvise" means.

holland25
01-28-2011, 10:33 AM
I do not really like when female covers male songs, or when male covers female songs, because it doesn't sound good, it sounds improvised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPPH-UzsAgM

And Bri, is your post complete? It doesn't seem so. Anyway, I completely agree with you.

Oxygene
01-28-2011, 11:59 AM
You guys seen worse than this?
Please give me tha link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjeMDvCdrtc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8jg5pjvwjw&feature=related

offsrx
01-28-2011, 03:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8jg5pjvwjw&feature=related

I know about those two, I meant worst covers of TKAA

offsrx
01-28-2011, 03:18 PM
That's because of the recording quality.

like the original?? Oh, damn, man. You don't seem to realize that it's a LOT easier to cover a song exactly like it was originally than to change it up and give it your own personal spin. I now also realize you don't seem to know what "improvise" means.

Fuck this, It's useless to argue on the boards.. i've stated my clear opinion, and These girls weren't practicing enough to play such hard song as TKAA is no matter what. If anyone here is a musician and is doing covers, he knows what am I talking about.

Oxygene
01-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Fuck this, It's useless to argue on the boards.. i've stated my clear opinion, and These girls weren't practicing enough to play such hard song as TKAA is no matter what. If anyone here is a musician and is doing covers, he knows what am I talking about.

I'm a musician
I do covers
I don't know what you are talking about

brothadave79
01-29-2011, 09:16 PM
1) I agree with those who said it's not really that bad.

2) I'm amused that she sings it lower than Dexter, king of the upper register.

EDIT: I just saw someone already pointed that out. But I wasn't doing it to make fun of her.

Ryder1234
01-29-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm a musician
I do covers

Seconded .

Llamas
01-30-2011, 04:22 AM
I'm a musician
I do covers

Thirded.

If you think TKAA is "such [a] hard song", you're not a musician or you suck something awful. I don't mean that as any offense to the Offspring, but it's definitely not a hard song*. The band played it just fine.

*Considering I learned how to play it not too long after I learned guitar and recorded my own cover of it tells me it's not all that hard. Just one of those simplistic songs that sounds super nice.

dff_punk
01-30-2011, 04:34 AM
I think the hardest thing about Offspring songs is to sing them in the same key and register as Dexter does. My band plays Offspring occasionally, and I really could not reach the high notes, especially in the choruses.

Llamas
01-30-2011, 04:41 AM
I think the hardest thing about Offspring songs is to sing them in the same key and register as Dexter does. My band plays Offspring occasionally, and I really could not reach the high notes, especially in the choruses.

I would agree, but it's only true if you have a different vocal range than he does. Most girl singers have his vocal range (which is why I especially appreciate those with a lower one), so it's easier for them... but for guys, singing in Dexter's range is tough shit unless you're a tenor or have a lot of practice singing like that.

I'd love to hear a guy sing Offspring songs all falsetto :cool:

Homer
01-30-2011, 02:50 PM
TKAA is actually a really fuckin' easy song to perform.

This cover isn't bad by any means.

I don't get it are trying to troll or something.

holland25
01-30-2011, 03:30 PM
The most retarded and lamest user of this BBS I've ever seen.. EVER!

http://offspring.com/community/member.php?u=13476

dff_punk
01-30-2011, 03:47 PM
The most retarded and lamest user of this BBS I've ever seen.. EVER!

http://offspring.com/community/member.php?u=13476

What the fuck is the problem with you? And I'd hit that.

Oxygene
01-31-2011, 02:03 AM
Thirded.

If you think TKAA is "such [a] hard song", you're not a musician or you suck something awful. I don't mean that as any offense to the Offspring, but it's definitely not a hard song*. The band played it just fine.

*Considering I learned how to play it not too long after I learned guitar and recorded my own cover of it tells me it's not all that hard. Just one of those simplistic songs that sounds super nice.

You are almost right.. the song is pretty basic, if you've got the vocal range. The intro is not however, and playing it right requires mad skillz!

Lupin
01-31-2011, 02:17 AM
The ending is quiet nice, fair play to them for trying to (lets go all 90's) mix it up a little. I forget who said it but the only problem i'd have watching "Fandango" is that their drummer is far to overused.
I'd assume that all if not many of, the musicians on this board who got a guitar dis so and started to learn Offspring songs. I know i did TKAA is a great song with a simple to follow chord structure, these'a ladies (a Mario-ism that) do cover bands proud with own interpretation.
It has nothing to do with the assumption that all of them are very attractive. I think.

Lord Phidias
01-31-2011, 03:17 AM

Dude, why arguing? You need to learn some shit, mister... you posted some stupid stuff and you ranted a lot about something you're not right about... what are your credentials to judge a band, any band out there?

I can see your point, she changed the second verse's last part, the drummer is "metalizing" the song, and it doesn't sound nice, but it's the recording quality, and maybe they're using shitty equipment, maybe a few lols and rofls would've been funny for some of us, and I don't need to repeat what the other guys said here, but saying they parformed the worst TKAA cover you've ever seen, makes you quite hateable, and your replies even more, so please, read again every post here and think about it...

Oxygene
01-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Actually the stuff the drummer is playing is a pretty bad choice...

mrconeman
01-31-2011, 07:22 PM

hahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahaha.
hahahaha. hahaha.

Jesus Christ dude. Calm down. TKAA is a very very easy song to pull off, except maybe vocally if you're doing it like the original, because Dexter has such a unique voice. If you genuinely think TKAA is "such a hard song" you probably have no grounds to be judging this cover so harsly in the first place.

Anyway, the recording quality of this is awful, so that ruins everyones judgement immediately. The drums genuinely are terrible though, she is doing way too much, completely un-required, and over playing the song.

You can't really hear anything else, the singer clearly doesn't speak English as a first language, so ragging on her for messing the words up is just fucking stupid. You can tell she's singing the right words, just with broken English.

The guitar solo was a bit naff, but I've seen a lot worse, and overall the guitars werent half bad.

Decent cover for a standard rock gig in some nowhere club. I mean come on dude, "not enough practice" it's not like they're playing Madison Square Garden. This was probably one fun cover in a set of originals. It's not great by any means, but definitely is not worthy of being called the worst cover ever.

Oxygene
02-01-2011, 01:07 AM
The intro of this song isn't easy

mrconeman
02-01-2011, 07:31 PM
It's all relative to how long you've been playing, what kind of player you are, but in the grand scheme of things, not one part of that song is difficult to play.

I mean, Offspring in general, is not difficult to play, and they have harder parts than this song.

Omni
02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
I remember Dexter saying somewhere that TKAA's intro was the hardest intro he's written. I don't play guitar, so feel free to tell me I'm full of shit, but most punk rock stuff seems like it'd be intermediate at it's hardest.

Lord Phidias
02-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Now this is a hard punk-rock song to play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEzqzwSC8hg&feature=fvst

Oxygene
02-02-2011, 06:11 AM
It's all relative to how long you've been playing, what kind of player you are, but in the grand scheme of things, not one part of that song is difficult to play.

I mean, Offspring in general, is not difficult to play, and they have harder parts than this song.

I wasn't talking about it being difficult for Jimi Hendrix.. it's by no means a smells like teen spirit, wild thing kind of easy intro.

randman21
02-02-2011, 06:44 AM
I remember Dexter saying somewhere that TKAA's intro was the hardest intro he's written. I don't play guitar, so feel free to tell me I'm full of shit, but most punk rock stuff seems like it'd be intermediate at it's hardest.

Yeah, I was going to mention that. I believe it was Noodles, in one of those Greatest Hits features. I suck at guitar and even though I can play the intro, I think it and the solo are pretty difficult for most guitarists (ie most guitarists are not good).

Oxygene
02-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I was going to mention that. I believe it was Noodles, in one of those Greatest Hits features. I suck at guitar and even though I can play the intro, I think it and the solo are pretty difficult for most guitarists (ie most guitarists are not good).

I don't find the intro nearly as hard as the solo.. although I would be rather interested in hearing someone play that intro who thinks it's easy

offsrx
02-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I don't find the intro nearly as hard as the solo.. although I would be rather interested in hearing someone play that intro who thinks it's easy

To me, Intro was hard to learn, but now it's easy.
But the solo... THE BEST SOLO I'VE EVER HEARD! And I can't play it right even if it sounds so easy :/
Thats gotta be one of musical paradox - it sounds and it is easy, but in same time hard to play correctly! damn...

Also to me TKAA is the best song i've ever heard of.. I've been listening to it for 10 years, and I know every fucking beat of guitar, drums, bass, vocals and rest.

Lord Phidias
02-02-2011, 07:44 PM
To me, Intro was hard to learn, but now it's easy.
But the solo... THE BEST SOLO I'VE EVER HEARD! And I can't play it right even if it sounds so easy :/
Thats gotta be one of musical paradox - it sounds and it is easy, but in same time hard to play correctly! damn...

Also to me TKAA is the best song i've ever heard of.. I've been listening to it for 10 years, and I know every fucking beat of guitar, drums, bass, vocals and rest.

You shouldn't be posting any more shit after all the scolding towards you... and the solo is easy, I can correctly play it blind folded, and I suck.

Chainsaw
02-03-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't know, there is something about the solo that makes it hard to get right. Or maybe that's just because i suck at solos generally.

ad8
02-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Exactly my thoughts. I have seen worse covers than this.
Namely, this:

Llamas
02-03-2011, 02:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpaoaO2O3hU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvmezBg2fps

Seriously. I'm aware it's kids in the second one, but both of those are WAYYYYY worse than the one posted in this thread.

dff_punk
02-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Seriously, I first thought the first one was not "Kids", I mean the song. Now I finally got what you meant.. :o

randman21
02-03-2011, 09:28 PM
There was a cover of Hit That by a band called NRG EX that was on YouTube around 2006 that beat all of these bad covers. So horrific. I wonder if anyone else remembers that.

EDIT: Actually, no. It doesn't beat that Final Countdown cover.

clocks_R_slow
02-03-2011, 09:42 PM
omfgg... never again.. neverrrrrr

bouncingcoles
02-04-2011, 12:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgePGhhL90Y

you are an awful person

randman21
02-04-2011, 01:36 AM
And as for the cover in question, she clearly did mangle a lot of the words. You don't need good audio quality to hear that. I don't think it was bad, though. Besides the lyrics, a few guitar flubs, and the drummer trying to throw the occasional blast beat in there, it was technically played quite well. Just the arrangement of it wasn't that good.

Stylie
02-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Seriously, is this the lamest cover of TKAA you've heard? Uhm, well you haven't heard many then I guess. This was pretty good, I really don't understand. Recording quality sucks yea, but I'm sure this was a blast if you were there. She got a good voice, and the alternative ending they used was really good.

Seriously?

samseby
02-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Well, personally I think she's got a pleasant voice and - as has already been said - this cover isn't that bad. Better than all this "Chipmunk-Stuff" :eek:- this is really, really bad and to use your words "retarded and lame".

Free?
02-05-2011, 01:49 AM
It was pretty bad, but I don't get it why to get so anal about it. It doesn't stand out from thousands of others TKAA covers and there were much worse.

BigFish
02-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah it is pretty bad. No feeling in it whatsoever and really didn't sound that great. Singer can't sing either...

Gayman
02-13-2011, 04:47 PM
It's not bad. I love female fronted bands...

and I generally hate them :D