PDA

View Full Version : Aw that's cute...

Harleyquiiinn
01-28-2011, 02:37 AM
Here is an article from Bono, to Sarko 1st.

It's in Le Monde but the article is in english:

http://www.lemonde.fr/idees/article/2011/01/27/m-le-president-get-things-done_1471203_3232.html

And yeah... that's not stupid but incredibly naive to think that Sarko has anything but words to give... he has no interest in making Africa less poor. Especially the countries that have HUGE french companies on it like Niger... He doesn't care about the poors HERE, so the poors there...

yarock
01-28-2011, 05:04 AM
I just.. dislike Bono.

wheelchairman
02-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Dislike Bono all you wants. Its his politics as opposed to his music that is the redeeming, likable part of who he is (as a public figure I guess.)

I mean obviously when an open letter to a public figure is published in a national newspaper, the target audience ISN'T who the letter is addressed to. He's trying to get the French people to pressure Sarkozy into changing his financial policies, or have the French people change Sarkozy. It might work, it might not. But being Bono a whole lot of people are going to read that letter, and many will probably agree.

I also do like that Bono actually seems passionate about his causes. As opposed to whenever you hear ANY OTHER CELEBRITY talking about some PET CHARITY or how they want to FIGHT POVERTY, HUNGER, or LOW SELF-ESTEEM.

I swear to God, if the Miss USA/Miss Universe etc. type models kept their word, we wouldn't have to keep on hearing such emptry phrases. No one expects anyone to really back up their talk. Bono does, in a moderately effective way. Good for him.

And no I don't really like Bono either. But like... this is obviously good. And at least with Bono I don't get the nagging feeling that I'm being conned or duped.

yarock
02-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Of course we have to give him credit and admire him for that he's trying to do good about world's ickiest political scenes, and I believe that he's sincere but he's so in the foreground.

How do you desc Bono today? As a rockstar, as an activist, as an honorary consul for whole Africa continent? The guy is nearly engaged with every government where he visited, with all those special protocols for him. I guess we'll see him in Davos also - I'm not sure but he has been there before I think.