PDA

View Full Version : Most Underrated songs

bouncingcoles
01-28-2011, 10:17 PM
These are some songs that i think need some more loving.

All along (simple short punk rock song with great lyrics.

Living in chaos

Special delivery

Come out swinging

End of the line

No brakes

change the world

What other songs do people think need some appreciation?

codberg
01-28-2011, 10:43 PM
I think that I choose doesnt get enough attention.

Omni
01-28-2011, 11:13 PM
D.U.I - probably my favorite punk rocker Offspring song, reduced to a mere b-side used on the soundtrack of a shitty horror movie.

Race Against Myself - Favorite Offspring alternative rocker. Why this wasn't released as a single I'll never know.

Most of Conspiracy of One - Probably the most balanced album between their punk and pop sound. Million Miles Away is my favorite Offspring song, and it was allegedly released as a third single. I can't imagine why it didn't chart if this is the truth, must have been European only or something. Denial, Revisited - just a solid sappy pop song.

Pass Me By - All I need is a 30 second clip to tell this is a behemoth of a masterpiece, and it's been shelved for at least seven or eight years because it was too awesome for Splinter or Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace. I use every applicable situation as an excuse to bitch about it.

Lightning Rod - Only been played live a handful of times, despite being a highlight of Splinter. I'm not sure why they included it on the album if they consider it this unworthy.

Powerh
01-29-2011, 01:32 AM
LEAVE IT BEHIND !!!! This song is definitely left behind....and it's one of amazing song on ixnay

Jojan
01-29-2011, 03:31 AM
Self Esteem, The Blurb and Kill the President.

Crear
01-29-2011, 12:47 PM
d.u.i.
special delivery

they are the best ever :o

dexterone
01-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Leave it behind,Race against myself,Forever and a Day,The Noose...

_Way_Down_the_Line_
01-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Way down the line, one fine day, mota !

SuperKnux
01-29-2011, 03:25 PM
As for underrated "singles," I'd have to say that "The Meaning of Life" is hands down their most underrated of the singles. I don't think I've ever heard it on the radio now that I think about it. (Nor do I remember seeing the music video ever played on TV.)

But as for other underrated tracks, I'm going to say pick; "Leave It Behind," "Smash," "Forever and a Day," "Amazed," and their cover/parody of "Feelings." Those definitely go very much unnoticed.

Also, I'm going to second Omni's notion that pretty much most of the "Conspiracy of One" album goes unnoticed. Seriously, it's done very well and it is one of the most balanced records they have. They experimented with way more sounds and samples that they hadn't yet done. Ya'll should give it a listen every now and then.

randman21
01-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Also, I'm going to second Omni's notion that pretty much most of the "Conspiracy of One" album goes unnoticed. Seriously, it's done very well and it is one of the most balanced records they have. They experimented with way more sounds and samples that they hadn't yet done. Ya'll should give it a listen every now and then.
And I have to third this notion. To me, CO1 is the best sounding album they've put out (production-wise), and it's the one I grab if I only have time for one. From top to bottom, just solid and high-energy.

In it, I'd say Special Delivery and Denial, Revisited are the most underrated. Vultures, too. For a great song, I think I've listened to it the least of any other Offspring track.

bouncingcoles
01-29-2011, 04:33 PM
CO1 is a great record. It has some of my favorite lyrics and songs by offspring. It never gets the credit it deserves though for some reason

brothadave79
01-29-2011, 08:05 PM
I agree on Special Delivery - very well-written song, with a great contrast between the verse and chorus.

Hit That - I know a lot of people have down-talked this one, but I think it's a very fun-sounding song. Always sounds good live too. I hope they throw it back in the rotation every once in a while.

I'll Be Waiting - Easily one of the band's best songs. Teen angst at its best - I'll put it in my top five.

EDIT: Just posted in the underrated thread, and it reminded me to add What Happened to You to my list.

Blitz!
01-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Leave It Behind, Pay The Man & Feelings

Krojd
01-30-2011, 04:13 PM
First two albums, Smash, The Meaning of Life, The End of the Line, Dammit I Changed Again, Never Gonna Find Me... Dont know about rafrag.

NoPride6
01-30-2011, 04:51 PM
For singles, "Cool to Hate." This really shows their sarcasm, and it just has a really cool sound to it. Plus, the music video is hilarious. Also, "The Meaning of Life" has THE COOLEST video, and it's a GREAT song. From "Splinter," The Noose is a GREAT song but it's overlooked.

For other songs, EVERYTHING from "Conspiracy of One." The reviewers seemed to generally love it, but not the consumers; I don't understand that. With Ixnay on the Hombre, it's my favorite album. It's a tangible piece of a rainbow. The best are Vultures and Conspiracy of One. Plus everything from "Ignition" is underrated, especially We Are One, Dirty Magic, and No Hero.

Then I also LOVE "Have You Ever." I can't see why it's so overlooked. Have you ever buried your face in your hands 'cause no one around you understands --- golden. All of their covers and B-sides are overlooked but good, though; D.U.I. and their cover of Sin City are my favorites. I also like their cover of "Next to You" by The Police, the hidden track on the Greatest Hits album.

mario_spaghettio
01-30-2011, 05:42 PM
The one that sounds like the Beatles

bouncingcoles
01-31-2011, 08:40 PM
speaking of underrated songs i found this video of session and it was pretty entertaining especially when one of the guys plays air guitar next to noodles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8hozoXlXq8&feature=related

Jojan
02-01-2011, 01:44 AM
speaking of underrated songs i found this video of session and it was pretty entertaining especially when one of the guys plays air guitar next to noodles

If you're a bit bored you can count how many times this fellow fixes his hair.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7780/sessionass.th.png (http://img190.imageshack.us/i/sessionass.png/)

dennichristianthegreate
02-01-2011, 02:46 AM
I hate soppy rock songs, emo read: any heavy metal or rock with people screaming/complaining about their life and million dollar contract and quite a few pop music songs

I also hate most crunk songs

Aidan James that song is awesome

offsrx
02-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Vultures, Amazed, leave it behind, race against myself, living in chaos, feelings..
really a lot of good material has been underrated :/

Mrfreak
02-01-2011, 08:22 AM

I've seen this video before and it's my favourite live video by the offspring. It's real punk riot on the stage :) I always considered many songs from ignition to be underrated.

Greekoldfan
02-01-2011, 09:32 AM
I think the noose and amazed were very underated

DuReX
02-02-2011, 01:12 AM
The End Of The Line. my favourite song. I never heard it live.

Powerh
02-02-2011, 08:53 AM
What about NEOCON !!!! It's a revolutionnary song !!!

bouncingcoles
02-02-2011, 12:08 PM
The End Of The Line. my favourite song. I never heard it live.

ya i forgot to add that to my list. I believe they have never played it live.

offsrx
02-02-2011, 03:40 PM
And I have to third this notion. To me, CO1 is the best sounding album they've put out (production-wise), and it's the one I grab if I only have time for one. From top to bottom, just solid and high-energy.

In it, I'd say Special Delivery and Denial, Revisited are the most underrated. Vultures, too. For a great song, I think I've listened to it the least of any other Offspring track.

Yeah, Vultures is so underrated and yet so good song, that to EVERYONE I play it - they like it! Simple, effective, beautiful melody, raging guitars.. it has everything! Sometimes I wish I wrote that song :rolleyes: Amazed too...

Silver
02-03-2011, 09:09 PM
I really enjoy Special Delivery, and I definitely don't think it gets enough attention. The chorus is really engaging and fun to sing along with!

motamele
02-24-2011, 12:44 AM
The singles

Millon miles away
I Choose
Shes got issues

Zee
02-24-2011, 06:29 AM
Let's say hmm... No Brakes. Would love to hear that live. Or some other short basic rock songs. :p

Sara MZK
05-17-2011, 03:34 AM
Songs from the first 2 albums, Nitro (Youth Energy), Smash, The Meaning Of Life, Mota, I Choose, The End Of The Line, Pay The Man, Lightning Rod, Race Against Myself.

Lots of songs from Conspiracy Of One are underrated, as the album itself is horribly neglected. But in particular, Dammit, I Changed Again, Million Miles Away, Living In Chaos and Special Delivery are awesome songs, and very underrated.

I dunno if it's too soon to be calling songs from RAFRAG underrated, but I think in years to come, A Lot Like Me, Takes Me Nowhere and Nothingtown will be underrated, and underplayed classics.

Outerspaceman21
05-17-2011, 10:34 PM
The Noose, Never Gonna Find Me, She's Got Issues, The Meaning of Life, It'll Be a Long Time, Takes me Nowhere and Let's Hear it for Rock Bottom are pretty underrated if you ask me. They are all great songs.

SåS
05-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Nothing from something for sure.

joshgenis
05-21-2011, 09:57 AM
i defenitely agree with "end of the line" i think its underrated becasue of "gone away" success. i also think "leave it behind" it underrated

MAXTER
05-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Amazed is underrated

youcouldbeblind
05-29-2011, 09:04 PM
there are alot of underrated songs imo but to narrow it down to just a few i'd say,
million miles away, pay the man, what happened to you? i choose, and nothingtown

DuReX
05-30-2011, 06:25 AM
Here are the songs I've never heard live:
The Offspring: Crossroads
Ignition: ------
Smash: Something To Believe In, Not The One
Ixnay On The Hombre: Leave It Behind, Don't Pick It Up, Change The World
Americana: She's Got Issues (weird, it's a single + music video), The End Of The Line, No Brakes
Conspiracy Of One: Come Out Swinging, Living In Chaos, All Along, "Denial, Revisited", Vultures, Huck It
Splinter: Race Against Myself, Never Gonna Find Me
Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace: A Lot Like Me, Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom, Rise And Fall

Did they ever play any of this songs?

holland25
05-30-2011, 07:47 AM
They've definitely played Living in Chaos live.

dff_punk
05-30-2011, 07:55 AM
They played all the RAFRAG songs you listed, if I recall correctly, somewhere in Japan, and A Lot Like Me perhaps somewhere in the US too.

etude
05-30-2011, 09:19 AM
I love song

Oxygene
05-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Americana: She's Got Issues (weird, it's a single + music video), The End Of The Line, No Brakes
Conspiracy Of One: Come Out Swinging, Living In Chaos, All Along, "Denial, Revisited", Vultures, Huck It
Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace: A Lot Like Me, Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom, Rise And Fall

She's got issues for sure.. Living in Chaos too

cool 2 hate 681
05-30-2011, 11:59 AM

they played a lot like me in texas in 2009 http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=37781&highlight=live&page=8 also let's hear it for rock bottom and rise and fall were played on the 2008 japan tour

you can download a mp3 of living in chaos live here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=70UVRMKF