PDA

View Full Version : Over Rated songs

codberg
01-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Since there was another thread about under rated songs what about any over rated?

F@ BANKZ
01-29-2011, 09:37 AM
There are literally no over rated offspring songs :)

well, pretty fly.. maybe.

codberg
01-29-2011, 10:11 AM
well, pretty fly.. maybe.

Thats kinda what i was thinking that thats about the only one

Krojd
01-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Want You Bad

Stuff Is Messed Up

Why Don't You Get a Job?

Llamas
01-29-2011, 11:50 AM
TKAA. I mean, it's a great song and all, but Offspring fans treat it like it's the best song ever written ever. I don't think it's one of the Offspring's best... they have much better songs.

Greekoldfan
01-29-2011, 11:55 AM
I think walla walla.Its a good song but i prefer to play other songs live instead of walla walla almost in every show

dexterone
01-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Come out and play,Pretty Fly and Hammerhead

_Way_Down_the_Line_
01-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Kristy are you doing okay? is an over rated song, I mean the song it's not of the best that offspring have, and still it's got a video and many views on youtube ... over rated

SuperKnux
01-29-2011, 03:14 PM
I dunno, "Pretty Fly" will always remain the most overrated in my opinion. Their other hit singles "Self-Esteem" and "Come Out and Play" don't come as close.

That being said, I love what llamas said about TKAA. It's true.

Jojan
01-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Self Esteem, The Blurb and Kill the President.

randman21
01-29-2011, 06:39 PM
That being said, I love what llamas said about TKAA. It's true.
Again, I'm thirding this. It's the only song of theirs that I always skip. It's still a great song, but I listened to it WAY too much in the beginning.

Self Esteem, The Blurb and Kill the President.
You son of a bitch. I see what you did there.

I guess TKAA is my answer. I have to disagree with Pretty Fly, though. It's such a smart and well-written song. It is the band's most popular song, but deservedly so, I think.

PAC90
01-29-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm gonna go with Original prankster since it was the first single on conspiracy of one and i think there were so many better songs to choose from

brothadave79
01-29-2011, 08:09 PM
This was hard, but if I had to pick one, I'd go with Staring at the Sun. It's a little repetitive, and I think there are better songs (that still have a lot of energy) that can be played live. Perhaps Smash, Session, or, if you don't mind substituting "whoa-oahs" for "hey-eys", why not What Happened to You?

bouncingcoles
01-30-2011, 10:22 AM
id say most of the songs they play most frequently live. They are all really good songs, like have you ever and staring at the sun, but i dont think they should play them necessarily at every show. They have plenty of other gems they could throw in instead.

Blitz!
01-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Come Out Swinging, Original Prankster & Want You Bad
A little less love for CO1 :o

Oh ... and Hit That

Krojd
01-30-2011, 11:20 AM
id say most of the songs they play most frequently live. They are all really good songs, like have you ever and staring at the sun, but i dont think they should play them necessarily at every show. They have plenty of other gems they could throw in instead.

This is so true.

Supa
01-30-2011, 06:27 PM
From S/T, I'd have to go with Beheaded. I like the song, but I'd much rather here them play Crossroads, Tehran, Blackball, or I'll Be Waiting live. Ignition doesn't really have any overrated songs. From Smash, I'd say Come Out And Play. Again, I like it, but as far as singles go, I prefer Gotta Get Away, and as far as the record, I prefer Smash, Self Esteem, Gotta Get Away, Bad Habit, or Nitro, Genocide, Not The One, or What Happened To You?. Geez, that's a lot.

For Ixnay, I'd say Gone Away and All I Want. Once again, fantastic songs, but I think I Choose, Amazed, Change The World, The Meaning Of Life, Me & My Old Lady, and Leave It Behind outshine them.

Americana has Why Don't You Get A Job, Pretty Fly (For A White Guy), and The Kids Aren't Alright, which are all overrated by "fans" who have only heard those songs. Though I think the first two are underrated in the main Offspring fanbase.

CO1 doesn't really have any, I think.

Splinter doesn't really have any, either.

RAFRAG has You're Gonna Go Far, Kid. Better songs on the album to play live constantly, I think.

offsrx
02-02-2011, 04:13 PM
TKAA. I mean, it's a great song and all, but Offspring fans treat it like it's the best song ever written ever. I don't think it's one of the Offspring's best... they have much better songs.

That's because it is THE BEST song of their.
Pretty fly and self esteem are kinda over rated to me

SmashingIxnayConspiracy
02-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Pretty Fly, Why Don't You Get A Job, Want You Bad, and Kristy.

bouncingcoles
02-02-2011, 08:17 PM
i think every song they play live at every show is overrated.

dr.vanessa
02-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Pretty Fly,Original Prankster,Hit That & Why Don't You Get A Job?.. of course they're great songs but they're so popular that give the wrong impression to the not-so-big-fans about the band and i'm saying this cause the most people i talk about the Offspring with trully believe that all their songs are like Pretty Fly or Why Don't You Get A Job? which is too far from reality.Not that i really care about their opinion [especially about the band i love the most & grew up with] but just saying.:P

Chainsaw
02-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Ha, I'm gonna get murdered for this, but Dirty magic in my opinion. And of course the short clip that's supposed to be pass me by, it actually wasn't anything that special...

samseby
02-04-2011, 11:00 AM
"Pretty fly". Maybe because I don't like it that much and if there is an Offspring song on the radio you can be sure it's gonna be "Pretty fly" or (but really not that often) "Self Esteem". Like there are only two songs out there. :(

dbroncos59
02-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Pretty Fly and Kristy for me.

I agree that TKAA is a little overhyped but personally, I could listen to it 30 times in a row and still like it even more after the 30th time. It's just one of those songs that fans never get bored with.

D0NT
02-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Kristy...hate that tune. the only reason I can come close to respect it , its out of respect of the real story behind it.

Agree with TKAA being overrated.

and of course evil triad GET A JOB*ORIGINAL PRANKSTER*HIT THAT

To name a few.

They arent less great because of this, but I wish they would play them less, or even just dont make this kind of song and ,like most fans want, lean to thei older sound. but then again we are not them.:cool:

offsrx
02-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Pretty Fly and Kristy for me.

but personally, I could listen to it 30 times in a row and still like it even more after the 30th time. It's just one of those songs that fans never get bored with.

Totally agree. TKAA MUST be over played because I think that Dex and the Offspring also knows that TKAA is their most valuable song, so It's their TRADEMARK punk rock hit, and If I had a chance to listen that song live since 1998 it would STILL sound fresh and I'd never get bored with it so guys, with all do respect but - DON'T TOUCH/ATTACK TKAA!

Oxygene
02-18-2011, 11:12 PM
HTF is TKAA overrated?

Llamas
02-19-2011, 10:52 AM
HTF is TKAA overrated?

it's a great song and all, but Offspring fans treat it like it's the best song ever written ever. I don't think it's one of the Offspring's best... they have much better songs.

That's pretty much the definition of overrated, right? And whether or not something is overrated is a personal opinion, right? :P

cool 2 hate 681
02-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Kristy...hate that tune. the only reason I can come close to respect it , its out of respect of the real story behind it.

same here