PDA

View Full Version : Just found this.

codberg
02-05-2011, 08:07 PM
I just found this video and its pretty cool at about 3:30ish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I

samseby
02-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Interesting :D

Jojan
02-06-2011, 04:00 AM
More like 3:30ish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I#t=3m30s

dbroncos59
02-06-2011, 07:30 AM
That's awesome haha thanks for sharing

Oxygene
02-07-2011, 12:30 AM
This is kinda old, but I enjoy listening to this sometimes.. in the original version of the 4 chord thing they only did self esteem.. Offspring I think is the only band to have to of their songs play at the same time... which I think is cool and an insult.

codberg
02-07-2011, 05:26 PM
an insult.

Hows that an insult?

codberg
02-07-2011, 06:27 PM
I just noticed that in the video for Sweet Child O mine Steven Addler has a TSOL shirt on. :D

Jojan
02-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Are you ten years old codberg?

codberg
02-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Why? Just because I saw a relation to the offspring in a video I never watch.

cool 2 hate 681
02-08-2011, 06:30 PM
i just found this video tsol talking trash on the offspring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4HpvD7Tc_Y&feature=related

i wonder if jack is joking or not?

codberg
02-08-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't but I have heard interviews where Dex says that TSOL is one of theer biggest influences.

cool 2 hate 681
02-08-2011, 08:43 PM
yeah they were one of their main influences i can't believe i never noticed the similarities between im tired of life and gotta get away before

codberg
02-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Me neither though.Thabks for sharing that video.

Krojd
02-09-2011, 02:29 AM
Yeah they hate Offspring, that's why they were on Nitro and Dexter recorded I'm Not Alone with Emery.

samseby
02-09-2011, 03:57 AM
i just found this video tsol talking trash on the offspring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4HpvD7Tc_Y&feature=related

i wonder if jack is joking or not?

If he's joking or being sarcastic that's is fine with me - but if he's serious ... well, that's just bad style and something one shouldn't do publicly.

randman21
02-09-2011, 04:35 AM
Yeah they hate Offspring, that's why they were on Nitro and Dexter recorded I'm Not Alone with Emery.
Didn't Agent Orange end up of Nitro?

Blackball_
02-09-2011, 06:22 AM
I just noticed that in the video for Sweet Child O mine Steven Addler has a TSOL shirt on. :D

fakey TSOL, yeah...

Krojd
02-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Didn't Agent Orange end up of Nitro?

Nope. .

cool 2 hate 681
02-09-2011, 12:44 PM

i know they don't hate the offspring but the video seemed to fit with this thread and i don't think it was posted here before

Krojd
02-09-2011, 12:57 PM
i know they don't hate the offspring but the video seemed to fit with this thread and i don't think it was posted here before

I'm just saying Grisham was sarcastic, that is all.

sneedo83
02-13-2011, 02:45 AM

This wasn't a Jack Grisham TSOL shirt this is the other TSOL that was touring with that name during the late 80s.

offsrx
02-13-2011, 01:44 PM
They forgot TKAA :D lol

Jojan
02-13-2011, 01:56 PM
No, they excluded it.

For Real
02-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Oh my goodness... Oh, that was soooo awesome! Loved it! :eek: :D :cool:

Krojd
04-15-2011, 01:44 AM
One guy from czech forum found this, I've never seen this before!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVqNe_ZlEuk&feature=feedu

Edit: Ok, I see Oxygen has already seen it, so maybe it's not so new for this forum as it is for me, nevermind :)

Offspring-Junkie
04-15-2011, 02:34 AM

Edit: Ok, I see Oxygen has already seen it, so maybe it's not so new for this forum as it is for me, nevermind :)

Awesome! I haven't seen it before. Thanks!

Oxygene
04-15-2011, 11:50 AM

how u know I've seen it?

Tijs
04-15-2011, 11:57 AM
how u know I've seen it?You commented on the video on YouTube:

"Wow that's just too awesome!!!!
TheeOxygene"

;)

Oxygene
04-15-2011, 01:17 PM
You commented on the video on YouTube:

"Wow that's just too awesome!!!!
TheeOxygene"

;)

I have a headache :(
I searched for my name and the browser didnt return anything so I thought I hadn't commented

cool 2 hate 681
04-15-2011, 02:42 PM
i was watching a interview with flogging molly from coachella at 2:10 they ask who is your most hated band of all time? their answer was even jesus hates creed but they can't remember where they saw it:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l9PgEv-Xgi4

Krojd
04-16-2011, 03:16 AM
how u know I've seen it?

I'm a private detective, Tijs hired me on you and now he's just covering it up.

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2011, 02:14 PM
epitaph records has added ignition on cassette and the original version on black vinyl to their webstore

http://www.kingsroadmerch.com/epitaph-records/?id=758

ThunderPX
04-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Wait, cassettes? I can understand collecting vinyl, but what's the point of owning cassettes?

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Wait, cassettes? I can understand collecting vinyl, but what's the point of owning cassettes?

i don't know just having the album in a different format i guess:confused:

BigFish
04-25-2011, 01:41 AM
The only problem is they're using the wrong 4 chords and in the wrong order. This song is in E and follows a different pattern than both Self Esteem and YGGFK do. Self Esteem and YGGFK are both In A and go A, F, C, G. This song goes E, B, Db, A. So it's kind of a fail...But I get what they're going for.

Oxygene
04-25-2011, 06:40 AM
The only problem is they're using the wrong 4 chords and in the wrong order. This song is in E and follows a different pattern than both Self Esteem and YGGFK do. Self Esteem and YGGFK are both In A and go A, F, C, G. This song goes E, B, Db, A. So it's kind of a fail...But I get what they're going for.

It's a question of the progression being used to death, not the physics of it...

Jojan
04-25-2011, 09:18 AM
It's a question of the progression being used to death, not the physics of it...

I agree. BigFish should be banned.

codberg
04-25-2011, 09:10 PM

I'm a musican who has arranged countless songs like this and I do the same thing. It really doesnt matter what the strumming pattern is either I have done acoustic covers of other peoples and my own songs where I do the same thing if its just me with an acoustic. Listen to almost any acoustic cover and you will see they do the same thing TAOA did. So quite pretending you know everything about music when you clearly don't know some basic concepts like that.

D0NT
04-26-2011, 01:08 AM

That would not be the "real" TSOL , not the punk band, but the hair metal band-Joe Wood( TSOL'S Jack Grisham brother inlaw), formed under the same name, sharing only to members of the original group which is Dexter's fave punk band ever and that the Offspring covers 80 times from. that phoney TSOL lineup is the one that were friends with GNR, not our guy's influence.

Jojan
04-26-2011, 09:40 AM

I have the casette for all the albums except for Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace. :-) Also some singles.

jacknife737
04-26-2011, 01:20 PM

Cassettes are making a comeback of sorts amongst collector geeks.

Lots of indie labels are starting to put out special editions of albums out on them.

BigFish
04-26-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm a musican who has arranged countless songs like this and I do the same thing. It really doesnt matter what the strumming pattern is either I have done acoustic covers of other peoples and my own songs where I do the same thing if its just me with an acoustic. Listen to almost any acoustic cover and you will see they do the same thing TAOA did. So quite pretending you know everything about music when you clearly don't know some basic concepts like that.

I wasn't pretending I know everything about music at all. I was just pointing out a fact. You don't need to jump down my fucking throat for no reason at all. Seems to me like you're the one acting like they know everything. I just made a statement and then I get attacked for it. I wasn't like OMG LOLZ THEY SO BAD AND WRONG THIS IS WHATS RIGHT. I just said it wasn't the same chord progression and it was in an entirely different key.

tl;dr: Go fuck yourself.

codberg
04-28-2011, 02:21 PM
I never attacked you I just said it really doesnt have to be the same progression or even the same key as long as they transpose it right.

Oxygene
04-28-2011, 10:46 PM
I wasn't pretending I know everything about music at all. I was just pointing out a fact. You don't need to jump down my fucking throat for no reason at all. Seems to me like you're the one acting like they know everything. I just made a statement and then I get attacked for it. I wasn't like OMG LOLZ THEY SO BAD AND WRONG THIS IS WHATS RIGHT. I just said it wasn't the same chord progression and it was in an entirely different key.

tl;dr: Go fuck yourself.

You did come off as a nerdy douche... Even if that wasnt your intent. This statement did NOT help.