is it a club???

Isti
03-04-2011, 10:04 AM
is it a club???

It is a concert hall. It has 6 000 seats

Dexter_italy
03-04-2011, 10:14 AM
It is a concert hall. It has 6 000 seats

If they go to the zenith is not possible to have a show at the troubadour too right? I'd like to see a show there, but I almost certainly will go to the zenith too! :D

Dexter_italy
03-04-2011, 10:37 AM
price: 42 to 49 euros.

fuck..not cheap... but I'm sure it will be worth it!

Dexter_italy
03-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Even better! only real fans! As soon as they confirm the date I'll book the plane!

Dexter_italy
03-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Dude, even LE PARISIEN talks about it... I think you can trust that newspaper... I'm just waiting 2/3 more weeks to see what others dates they will play.

LOOK: http://www.nousproductions.com/

Best Regards,
RonWelty

Perfect, I forgot you are always right man! :D

Bejka
03-04-2011, 11:21 AM
I wanna go there, oooooooohhhhh great news!!!

cool 2 hate 681
03-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Tickets will be available 14th March

PARIS - ZENITH

I will be there.

great news have fun at the show man:)

Beheaded
03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
I will be there!

MAXTER
03-04-2011, 03:32 PM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
I WILL BE THERE!!!!! :)

Zee
03-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Awesome!

Wow, from 42e to 49e, in Zenith. That's almost just like from the Americana era. :D I really, really hope it sells well... in the U.S they can sell quite a big arenas, I goddamn hope it makes to Europe too even nowadays. Maybe the support acts will be very high quality too, and Offspring's first single will be a smash hit once again. ;)

Chainsaw
03-04-2011, 09:59 PM
who cares.. i want a new podcast

MAXTER
03-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Awesome!

Wow, from 42e to 49e, in Zenith. That's almost just like from the Americana era. :D I really, really hope it sells well... in the U.S they can sell quite a big arenas, I goddamn hope it makes to Europe too even nowadays. Maybe the support acts will be very high quality too, and Offspring's first single will be a smash hit once again. ;)

I Agree with you Zee :)
And maybe we european for first date we'll hear other new songs.. Not You Will Find A Way only... :D

Dexter_italy
03-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Just booked Plane and hotel! fuck yeah! can't wait!

Dexter_italy
03-05-2011, 02:50 AM
Thanks!!!!

you're welcome ;)

MAXTER
03-05-2011, 02:58 AM
Thank You Dexter_Italy ;) Good hotel, cheap price!!! :)

Mi sa che in quel albergo ci sarà un invasione dei Fan degli Offspring!! :D

Dexter_italy
03-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Probabile :D io starò a Parigi per 4 giorni, ho avuto un super culo!

I'll see if Lord Gabo comes too!

randman21
03-05-2011, 04:04 AM
Thank You Dexter_Italy ;) Good hotel, cheap price!!! :)

Mi sa che in quel albergo ci sarà un invasione dei Fan degli Offspring!! :D
Holy shit, you guys are serious. :D

This is very exciting. I was already trying to decide whether I would go to France at the end of August or around June...this pretty much confirms it!

Pitou
03-05-2011, 05:11 AM
15 years of waiting, never able to go see them, this time I'll be there!
I look forward to 31.

Powerh
03-05-2011, 11:00 AM
OUI ;))))
VIVE OFFSPRING ET VIVE LA FRANCE :)

WELCOMEBACK GUYS YEaaaahhhhhhhh

Good memories from paris...:cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoC7KFxv3tA

Oxygene
03-06-2011, 02:03 PM
I'll be there but I ain't booking tickets yet.. :)

Let's see where they play around there.

Paris is like 100% tho no matter what or where it is. I'm taking my corporate masters to that gig :) They are HQd in Paris nowadays :)

Dexter_italy
03-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I'll be there but I ain't booking tickets yet.. :)

Let's see where they play around there.

Paris is like 100% tho no matter what or where it is. I'm taking my corporate masters to that gig :) They are HQd in Paris nowadays :)

They are probably playing in italy too, the organizers posted something on facebook. But I'm sure the other shows will be on festivals...I don't like watching them on festivals, shorter setlist and only hits, the paris one i think will be great :D

Oxygene
03-06-2011, 02:18 PM
They are probably playing in italy too, the organizers posted something on facebook. But I'm sure the other shows will be on festivals...I don't like watching them on festivals, shorter setlist and only hits, the paris one i think will be great :D

what'd you hear?!?!?!?! about italy share plz

Dexter_italy
03-06-2011, 02:23 PM
what'd you hear?!?!?!?! about italy share plz

"Indipendente concerti" posted a video of the kids aren't alright saying that there will be soon some news about the end of the summer :)

Oxygene
03-06-2011, 02:25 PM
"Indipendente concerti" posted a video of the kids aren't alright saying that there will be soon some news about the end of the summer :)

when is that?

Dexter_italy
03-06-2011, 02:36 PM
when is that?

Still nothing about a date... Indipendente Concerti makes a festivale called Indipendent day, but for now nothing has been announced about an 2011 edition...who knows, an indoor show in italy too? it could be nice!

Oxygene
03-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Still nothing about a date... Indipendente Concerti makes a festivale called Indipendent day, but for now nothing has been announced about an 2011 edition...who knows, an indoor show in italy too? it could be nice!

the idependete fest that used to be in bologna is this the same dudes?

Dexter_italy
03-06-2011, 02:40 PM
the idependete fest that used to be in bologna is this the same dudes?

Yes that's the same, but this year there it the sonisphere too in Italy, it doesn't seem possible to me to have 2 big festivals...

Oxygene
03-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Yes that's the same, but this year there it the sonisphere too in Italy, it doesn't seem possible to me to have 2 big festivals...

when is that

Dexter_italy
03-06-2011, 02:48 PM
in june, and it's metal oriented, it would be cool to have a great punk rock festival.. it's the only case i could think of going... at least it's one of the days i'll be in paris ahah

MAXTER
03-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Nothing's Impossible!!! :D

Oxygene
03-06-2011, 07:53 PM
in june, and it's metal oriented, it would be cool to have a great punk rock festival.. it's the only case i could think of going... at least it's one of the days i'll be in paris ahah

How many days would you spend in Paris for a show anyway?

edit:
what hotel u guys looking at?

Harleyquiiinn
03-07-2011, 01:39 AM
YEAAAAAH ! :D I'll be there too :cool:

Also, for people who would like to stay a little longer, 26,27 and 28 of August is Rock en Seine, one nice festival. The program is not online yet but there should be the following bands for sure: Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, Funeral Party, Interpol, Big Audio Dynamite, Deftones

Dexter_italy
03-07-2011, 03:46 AM
How many days would you spend in Paris for a show anyway?

edit:

I'm going to stay from 29\8 to 2\9. at first I booked an hotel near the zenith but I discovered it hadn't the shower on the room and I'm with my girlfriend so she deserves it at least :D so we found another one more far (not much) and even cheaper with shower. it's called hotel d'angleterre if I remember correctly

MAXTER
03-07-2011, 03:49 AM

this one Oxy ibis Paris La Villette Cité des Sciences 19ème hotel website (http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-1401-ibis-paris-la-villette-cite-des-sciences-19eme/index.shtml) seems like the nearest hotel (1 Km) to Le Zenith Club

Oxygene
03-07-2011, 04:05 AM
this one Oxy hotel website (http://www.accorhotels.com/it/hotel-1401-ibis-paris-la-villette-cite-des-sciences-19eme/index.shtml) seems like the nearest hotel (1 Km) to Le Zenith Club google map (http://maps.google.it/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:it:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=IBIS+hotel+Paris&fb=1&gl=it&hq=IBIS+hotel&hnear=Parigi,+Francia&ei=-LZ0TZjfKJPW4gbOgvmmBA&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CA8QtgMwAA)

Yeah I am thinking of staying there.. usually I like to go for nice hotels, but the ones near by don't seem all that different, and I've had great experience with Ibis and the price is Fucking amazing!

randman21
03-07-2011, 04:59 AM
I have to make this a possibility! How difficult do you guys think it'll be for me to get from the south of France (Avignon area, I guess) to Paris...by train...alone...speaking no French whatsoever? Kinda scary.

Tijs
03-07-2011, 05:03 AM
I have to make this a possibility! How difficult do you guys think it'll be for me to get from the south of France (Avignon area, I guess) to Paris...by train...alone...speaking no French whatsoever? Kinda scary.There's plenty of connections to Paris from Avignon, getting there by train shouldn't be that difficult. Probably not all that cheap, but not too expensive either. And check out Avignon while you're there, awesome city, I like it more than Paris even!

How cool would it be though, if you were there! If I can help you in any way, let me know!

Beheaded
03-07-2011, 05:34 AM
Wow, Tijs. One more post and you will reach 10000. ;)

PLEASE, give it to me baby!

Oxygene
03-07-2011, 05:36 AM
I have to make this a possibility! How difficult do you guys think it'll be for me to get from the south of France (Avignon area, I guess) to Paris...by train...alone...speaking no French whatsoever? Kinda scary.

It shouldn't be that difficult, if it was me I'd find some frenchie on the bbs to help me, buy the train ticket and tell me where to go. Otherwise making it into paris from anywhere is france is pretty eas from what I gather, since everything is paris centralised.. if you wanted to make it to from other cities it would require I guess a lay over etc.. but if you are in france at the time of the show and you don't come to paris you will be banned... :)

Oxygene
03-07-2011, 05:37 AM

PLEASE, give it to me baby!

not if someone moderates the stupid stuff he has posted out :)

randman21
03-07-2011, 05:44 AM
There's plenty of connections to Paris from Avignon, getting there by train shouldn't be that difficult. Probably not all that cheap, but not too expensive either. And check out Avignon while you're there, awesome city, I like it more than Paris even!

How cool would it be though, if you were there! If I can help you in any way, let me know!
Thanks, Tijs! I won't actually be in Avignon, but about 50km north-east. I can be driven there, though. I visited Av last year, and found it endlessly fascinating. One of the top three places I've been that I'd like to live if I could choose!

And yeah, to meet the coolest guy on the internet in person, along with all these other crazy characters, would just be...well, crazy. :D

but if you are in france at the time of the show and you don't come to paris you will be banned... :)
Haha, wouldn't want that. So I guess it's settled. :)
And thanks for the advice.

Harleyquiiinn
03-07-2011, 07:09 AM
http://www.tgv-europe.com/en/?rfrr=Homepage_footer_United%20Kingdom

You have direct trains from Avignon to Paris. Book as soon as possible because it gets expensive pretty fast. Avignon is a popular holiday place and August 31st is the last week before school :D

If you need any help, feel free to contact me because it would be really cool to see you there ! :)

edit: I think the reservation for august is not open yet...

Oxygene
03-07-2011, 08:53 AM
edit: I think the reservation for august is not open yet...

you can only reserve 90 days in advance I think.. usually that's the case with trains in france belgium uk germany etc.. I've done my share of offspring pre booking :P

Harleyquiiinn
03-07-2011, 08:57 AM
you can only reserve 90 days in advance I think.. usually that's the case with trains in france belgium uk germany etc.. I've done my share of offspring pre booking :P

lol, how crazy that you know that better than I do :D you should be a booking agent :cool:

Oxygene
03-07-2011, 09:04 AM
lol, how crazy that you know that better than I do :D you should be a booking agent :cool:

I've looked at possible routing options already if Offspring were to play rock en sein or pukklepop or something.. I can't reserve train tix yet

Tijs
03-07-2011, 10:11 AM

PLEASE, give it to me baby!This one's especially for you ;)

Tijs
03-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Randy, that's scary close to where I've been going on vacation for over a decade.

So let's sum up the people who might be there:
- RonWelty
- Isti
- Dexter_italy
- Beheaded
- MAXTER
- Zee
- rand "The" man21 all the way from the USA!
- Oxygene
- Harleyquiiinn
- the_real_potomek
- Tijs
- RobinoZombie

That will be one hell of an after party.

the_real_potomek
03-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I see I'm already on the list:) So yes, guys, I'm coming too:D

Oxygene
03-07-2011, 12:38 PM
that list'll get shorter and shorter as new dates are announced

MAXTER
03-07-2011, 01:27 PM
If they will annouce some new dates and that's one will be festival, so I will prefer Paris date of course :)
However I'll go!!!

the_real_potomek
03-07-2011, 01:50 PM
that list'll get shorter and shorter as new dates are announced

yeah I know, it's always like that. But I'm going anyway:D

Dexter_italy
03-07-2011, 02:50 PM
I've already booked the plane :D so i'll be there even with a date in italy, and I really like more to see them outside italy!

Beheaded
03-07-2011, 03:03 PM
This one's especially for you ;)
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, thank you man. Feels good to be someone special.^_^

@Oxygene: I will go to Paris 100%. I've booked my Hotel (the Ibis Hotel near Zenith) and I will buy my ticket as soon as possible. Even they will play in Germany (maybe), I will go to Paris. Never been there and one of my wishes is to see The Offspring in a foreign country.

Hope to see many of you guys (and girls) again, like we did in Berlin some years ago.

RobinoZombie
03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
holy shit, this is tempting,

Zee & Tijs,

whaddayall think should i come along?

Tijs
03-07-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure if Paris will be able to handle that much awesome!

RobinoZombie
03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Well i Would have to Rendevouz With Zee in Finland first, haha. this could actually be something,

And awesome it shall be,

Since the chance of Offy in Sweden is like slim/none, i have to get somewhere else, and a private intimite French show with Boardmembers seems like a good deal!

RobinoZombie
03-07-2011, 04:21 PM
holy shit, The Plane Ticket is just as much as the ticket for the show, Well....

Heck, why wouldnt i?

Tijs
03-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Private intimate French show? I thought it was for a few thousand people :)
But yeah man, definitely come!

RobinoZombie
03-07-2011, 05:06 PM
more intimate then festivals right? :D

MAXTER
03-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Wake Me Up When August Start! :D I'm dreaming... :rolleyes:

Isti
03-08-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm looking forward for the other dates, countrys and venues but if this will be the only indoor show i'll definitely come.

Harleyquiiinn
03-08-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm not sure if Paris will be able to handle that much awesome!

That is indeed awesome... but Paris can handle anything :cool:

Zee
03-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Well i Would have to Rendevouz With Zee in Finland first, haha. this could actually be something,

And awesome it shall be,

Since the chance of Offy in Sweden is like slim/none, i have to get somewhere else, and a private intimite French show with Boardmembers seems like a good deal!

Sure, you should come. :D I'm not making any final decisions until all the tour dates are announced, but I'll be going into bunch of shows.

Don't give up yet, before Greatest Hits record they never skipped Sweden! Hell, played even a club show in Finland 2005. I have a feeling they'll come to Scandinavia this time.

Dexter_italy
03-14-2011, 03:12 AM
I bought the tickets... but the fucking site says categorie 1 or 2.... I took the more expensive hoping it's near the stage, but now tickets say gradins-assis....I hope it doesn't mean I'll be in the seats.... any french here can help please? :D

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 03:28 AM
I get it too for 49,40 €!!!! But WTF not seat!! I want be in the middle of the crowd!!! Possible in first row!!! :D

Dexter_italy
03-14-2011, 03:29 AM
I get it too for 49,40 €!!!! But WTF not seat!! I want be in the middle of the crowd!!! Possible in first row!!! :D

So do I :D Let's hope... it's a shit description.... categorie 1 or 2... wtf! :cool:

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 03:39 AM
seats 1^ category 49,40 €
stand up 2^ category 42,80 €

I think, if I bought that first one for 1^ I'll could down to the 2^ category at the show

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 03:43 AM
I'll buy the tickets from categorie1. But I guess we could meet later outside, right?

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 03:45 AM
I'll buy the tickets from categorie1. But I guess we could meet later outside, right?

right, later, but before too!!! :D

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 03:47 AM
I've printed my tickets...any problem with that? 30 euros to send them to Portugal is fucking abusive. I´ve payed 25 euros last year to send my Ipad from France. Why a fucking thin ticket costs more to expedite?

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 03:47 AM
right, later, but before too!!! :D

sure sure!
Let's Party!

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 03:53 AM
sure sure!
Let's Party!

On the next month we will plan when and where we will meet!!! :)
Probably, I will be with my new Offspring personalized t-shirt with my Maxter name inclused on the t-shirt, so you all BBS people who will come at the shows, you could recognize me!! :D

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 03:55 AM
On the next month we will plan when and where we will meet!!! :)
Probably, I will be with my new Offspring personalized t-shirt with my Maxter name inclused on the t-shirt, so you all BBS people who will come at the shows, you could recognize me!! :D

ahahahah! Nice.
I have yet to book flights.

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 04:00 AM
ahahahah! Nice.
I have yet to book flights.

Me too!!! I think I will book for 30 august from Venice to Paris (Charles De Gaulle) and back to Venice 1 september from the same airport!!! :)
You will be there on 30 august???

then, 1 september I will back from France and 2 september, we will move to Austria :D

Harleyquiiinn
03-14-2011, 04:00 AM
I've printed my tickets...any problem with that? 30 euros to send them to Portugal is fucking abusive. I´ve payed 25 euros last year to send my Ipad from France. Why a fucking thin ticket costs more to expedite?

Can't you buy an e-ticket ? you can on fnac.com and it costs 0.50 €. I have no idea if that is possible outside of France but I don't see why not...

Bought a 42.80 € ticket. So yeah, I guess I'm going :)

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 04:03 AM
Can't you buy an e-ticket ? you can on fnac.com and it costs 0.50 €. I have no idea if that is possible outside of France but I don't see why not...
Thanks

Me too!!! I think I will book for 30 august from Venice to Paris (Charles De Gaulle) and back to Venice 1 september from the same airport!!! :)

No, I will arrive in Paris 31/08 around 13.00h
And I will depart from Paris, 1/09 around 11/12h.

I just don't know what airport is better, because I don't know how to go to Paris, doesn't seem to have any metro/subway line to there. I'm used to go to Paris with my parents not alone...

Dexter_italy
03-14-2011, 04:03 AM
where did you read that seats are categorie 1 and stand up categorie 2? i'll write an e-mail to change the tickets if possible!

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 04:05 AM
where did you read that seats are categorie 1 and stand up categorie 2? i'll write an e-mail to change the tickets if possible!
I want seats, so I'm hoping categorie 1 are seats.

Harleyquiiinn
03-14-2011, 04:07 AM
Thanks

No, I will arrive in Paris 31/08 around 13.00h
And I will depart from Paris, 1/09 around 11/12h.

I just don't know what airport is better, because I don't know how to go to Paris, doesn't seem to have any metro/subway line to there. I'm used to go to Paris with my parents not alone...

CDG is easier because you have the RER B, which is a train that always goes to Paris.

But it wouldn't be too difficult either if you arrive to Orly. You have direct buses to go to the subway station "Opéra" in Paris which is pretty central.

So Orly or CDG is quite the same. If they tell you Beauvais, no. It's quite far :)

Dexter_italy
03-14-2011, 04:07 AM
I want seats, so I'm hoping categorie 1 are seats.

If that site gave more information... i could give my tickets (it it's seats)

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 04:09 AM
CDG is easier because you have the RER B, which is a train that always goes to Paris.

But it wouldn't be too difficult either if you arrive to Orly. You have direct buses to go to the subway station "Opéra" in Paris which is pretty central.

So Orly or CDG is quite the same. If they tell you Beauvais, no. It's quite far :)
I'm booking CDG then, Thanks!!!!

If that site gave more information... i could give my tickets (it it's seats)
Yeah, sorry.

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 04:10 AM
Where are you all staying ? I'm thinking about that IBIS near Zenith!

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 04:13 AM

Dude, it's written on the ticket!!! :D

CATEGORIE 1
GRADINS - ASSIS

If they answr to you at the question, please leave me a message ;)

However, when you will leave for Paris???

Isti
03-14-2011, 04:14 AM

I plan the same thing, I'll book for 30 august to Paris - Orly and back in 1 september.

My flight will arrive at 18:05 and it'll departure at 12:50.

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 04:14 AM
Where are you all staying ? I'm thinking about that IBIS near Zenith!

Yes, that's one!!! I wrote on you profile page... ;)

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 04:15 AM
Sadly I can't go on 30th August. Too much to study! FUCK!

ANYWAY - It will be nice!

I think everybody here is thinking the same, so I'll say it:

Any chance of a group meet and greet with them?

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 04:20 AM
Sadly I can't go on 30th August. Too much to study! FUCK!

ANYWAY - It will be nice!

I think everybody here is thinking the same, so I'll say it:

Any chance of a group meet and greet with them?

I think this show could be a possible chance for a meet & greet!!! I hope!!! At least a lot of bbs users come to this show...
I will meet my favourite band???? :rolleyes:

Dexter_italy
03-14-2011, 04:22 AM
Dude, it's written on the ticket!!! :D

CATEGORIE 1
GRADINS - ASSIS

If they answr to you at the question, please leave me a message ;)

However, when you will leave for Paris???

Yes it's written but I was hoping it was written in all the tickets... I wrote an email... fuck them..
I'm leaving on 29th and staying until 2nd of september :D

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 04:26 AM
Yes it's written but I was hoping it was written in all the tickets... I wrote an email... fuck them..
I'm leaving on 29th and staying until 2nd of september :D

Aha!!! :)
Do you will land at the Charles de Gualle Airport????
If it were so, do you know how to arrive to IBIS hotel or Le Zenith club show???

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 04:28 AM
I plan the same thing, I'll book for 30 august to Paris - Orly and back in 1 september.

My flight will arrive at 18:05 and it'll departure at 12:50.

Awesome!!! So we could meet on the same day, in hotel or somewhere else ;)

Dexter_italy
03-14-2011, 04:29 AM
Aha!!! :)
Do you will land at the Charles de Gualle Airport????
If it were so, do you know how to arrive to IBIS hotel or Le Zenith club show???

No I'm going to land at beauvais airport! I know how to get from there :D

Oxygene
03-14-2011, 04:30 AM
The way shows in Hungary work is that pit tickets are usually mid range, and the most expensive tickets are seats..

Isti
03-14-2011, 04:33 AM
Awesome!!! So we could meet on the same day, in hotel or somewhere else ;)

Definitely

Dexter_italy
03-14-2011, 04:34 AM
The way shows in Hungary work is that pit tickets are usually mid range, and the most expensive tickets are seats..

I know, but I looked for another show at the zenith and the more expensive where down, but probably they are seated too...

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 04:39 AM

here in Italy, it's the same regarding seats and prizes ...
But when I was buying the ticket for Paris, the french website was damn confusing!!! :mad: and all pages are in french language, I hate that language....
So at least I get that one more expensive!! :)

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 04:42 AM
I know, but I looked for another show at the zenith and the more expensive where down, but probably they are seated too...

seats for an Offspring show???? F*ck!!! I will be into the crowds vortex!!! :D

Harleyquiiinn
03-14-2011, 04:43 AM
here in Italy, it's the same regarding seats and prizes ...
But when I was buying the ticket for Paris, the french website was damn confusing!!! :mad: and all pages are in french language, I hate that language....
So at least I get that one more expensive!! :)

More expensive = seats

Here you all go: http://www.fnactickets.com/place-spectacle/manifestation/Pop-rock-Folk-THE-OFFSPRING-ZPOFF.htm

Dexter_italy
03-14-2011, 04:48 AM
seats for an Offspring show???? F*ck!!! I will be into the crowds vortex!!! :D

seats are removable :) Fuck that website, I'll never stop saying it

Oxygene
03-14-2011, 05:00 AM

Beauvais is the BEST FUCKING AIRPORT IN THE WORLD! Yeah there is a 50 minute bus ride to the arch de triomph or whatever, somehwere close by but a) that costs 8 EUROS b) the bus schedules sync up with the plane schedules completly c) the airport is the size of a mcdonalds, you get your checked in luggage and are on the bus literally 3 minutes after getting off the plane.

It is brilliant. I wish Wizzair still flew there. I am an air france frequent flyer and I collect the miles, but I would pay extra to fly into Beauvais.. it's the best expirience ever.

Oh by the way, when my aunt lived in Paris she lived walking distance from the arch or wherever that bus dropped us off. It was paradise, no rer shit, no getting lost at CDG, which is like an enigma on inefficiency.. arrrrg :)

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 05:07 AM
Beauvais is the BEST FUCKING AIRPORT IN THE WORLD! Yeah there is a 50 minute bus ride to the arch de triomph or whatever, somehwere close by but a) that costs 8 EUROS b) the bus schedules sync up with the plane schedules completly c) the airport is the size of a mcdonalds, you get your checked in luggage and are on the bus literally 3 minutes after getting off the plane.

It is brilliant. I wish Wizzair still flew there. I am an air france frequent flyer and I collect the miles, but I would pay extra to fly into Beauvais.. it's the best expirience ever.

Oh by the way, when my aunt lived in Paris she lived walking distance from the arch or wherever that bus dropped us off. It was paradise, no rer shit, no getting lost at CDG, which is like an enigma on inefficiency.. arrrrg :)

:D

Great Review Oxy!!! :)
I have the same experience, when I'm flying to Frankfurt-Hahn Airport with RyanAir...
From Hahn airport I get the Bohr shuttle bus and in one hour and half I'm in Frankfurt Hauptbanhof - Central train station.... I love that situation, when it's all easy and practical!!!! :)

Harleyquiiinn
03-14-2011, 05:10 AM

CDG has a crappy organization but the train is easily accessible, and you can't make any mistake.

The bus from Beauvais to Paris is 15 € which is not that expensive but it's not 50 mn, it's more about 1h30... also, it leaves you at Porte Maillot which is indeed not too far from the Arch but that's about it...

Orly and Roissy ? around 8-9 € and 30 mn tops... and you are left in the center of Paris, where you don't have only one lign of subway to take you where you want...

I guess that's a matter of preference but I'd choose Roissy CDG or Orly over Beauvais anyday :)

Dexter_italy
03-14-2011, 05:12 AM
:D

Great Review Oxy!!! :)
I have the same experience, when I'm flying to Frankfurt-Hahn Airport with RyanAir...
From Hahn airport I get the Bohr shuttle bus and in one hour and half I'm in Frankfurt Hauptbanhof - Central train station.... I love that situation, when it's all easy and practical!!!! :)

Yeah ryanair flyes on small airports which is cool... when I went to bruxell it was the same!

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Seeing The Offspring is expensive. Trip will cost me around 450 euros!

Oxygene
03-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Guys I can help with meet and greets at shows I go to. Paris so far isn't looking too realistic. Unfourtunatly the corporate guy I was gonna go with cannot go to loud shows because of a condition for a long time, so that's out. Unless something very special happens in Paris I am not going to go. Once the schedule is up, I'll get in touch with the guys and out of the shows I am going to I'll ask them where it might make sense to do something like that, where they have time etc. We had a couple of those on the last tour, they were pretty fun.
So keep your eyes open.. I am thinking of setting up a twitter account and taking a camera and stuff and maybe posting a few cool things, so this tour should be fun :)

Also I've been to Paris to see them like 2-3 times they pretty much always rush out / arrive late compared to other shows, Sony has a big corporate HQ there they take the guys out etc. Not the best of gigs, from this prespective.

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 05:17 AM
Guys I can help with meet and greets at shows I go to. Paris so far isn't looking too realistic. Unfourtunatly the corporate guy I was gonna go with cannot go to loud shows because of a condition for a long time, so that's out. Unless something very special happens in Paris I am not going to go. Once the schedule is up, I'll get in touch with the guys and out of the shows I am going to I'll ask them where it might make sense to do something like that, where they have time etc. We had a couple of those on the last tour, they were pretty fun.
So keep your eyes open.. I am thinking of setting up a twitter account and taking a camera and stuff and maybe posting a few cool things, so this tour should be fun :)

Also I've been to Paris to see them like 2-3 times they pretty much always rush out / arrive late compared to other shows, Sony has a big corporate HQ there they take the guys out etc. Not the best of gigs, from this prespective.
Thanks we appreciate.

Oxygene
03-14-2011, 05:17 AM
Seeing The Offspring is expensive. Trip will cost me around 450 euros!

Yeah it would cost me about 400 euros to do a turn around.. and what's even more shitty is it's during the week, I don't have so many days off so um.. arrg.

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Yeah it would cost me about 400 euros to do a turn around.. and what's even more shitty is it's during the week, I don't have so many days off so um.. arrg.

But Hungary have nice low costs flights. We don't.
You're lucky that you're in the middle of Europe. lol

Harleyquiiinn
03-14-2011, 05:20 AM
Hey, we'll meet and greet each other ;)

I really look forward to meet some of you guys :cool:

Dexter_italy
03-14-2011, 05:20 AM

to me becomes expensive only because I'm going to stay 4 days, or it would have costed less than going to the milan show... can you believe it?

Oxygene
03-14-2011, 05:22 AM
CDG has a crappy organization but the train is easily accessible, and you can't make any mistake.

The bus from Beauvais to Paris is 15 € which is not that expensive but it's not 50 mn, it's more about 1h30... also, it leaves you at Porte Maillot which is indeed not too far from the Arch but that's about it...

Orly and Roissy ? around 8-9 € and 30 mn tops... and you are left in the center of Paris, where you don't have only one lign of subway to take you where you want...

I guess that's a matter of preference but I'd choose Roissy CDG or Orly over Beauvais anyday :)

CDG is like the worse airport from that prespective.. RER is always a bitch to walk to. The bus cost 8 euros I think, maybe student ticket or something not sure. And yeah Porte Maillot.. I had to walk less from Beavais by walking to my aunts than I had to walk at CDG for a fucking layover :) I like air france tho, I like it's schedules the prices and the flying blue program as well. I like it's long haul flights and the whole 9...

Oxygene
03-14-2011, 05:23 AM
But Hungary have nice low costs flights. We don't.
You're lucky that you're in the middle of Europe. lol

Yeah but I am tight with the days off... plus being in Paris any time more than necesarry is epxpensive as fuck, not just the hotel but the food the drinks.. it's crazy expensive, like NYC!
Plus I think Easy Jet flies now only to d'Orly.. u flying TAP or AF I am assuming

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 05:24 AM

Thanks Oxy,
We appreciate your effort!!! :)
When you will set up wour Twitter account, let me now! So I could follow you! ;)
That's great!!!
This European tour will be fantasitc for me like for you!!! Finally, I could see them for more dates in a tour!
So let's do the party!!! :D

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Yeah but I am tight with the days off... plus being in Paris any time more than necesarry is epxpensive as fuck, not just the hotel but the food the drinks.. it's crazy expensive, like NYC!
Plus I think Easy Jet flies now only to d'Orly.. u flying TAP or AF I am assuming

Well, TAP is an option, but direct flights from Porto (Portugal's second city) are like 400 euros!!!.
I'm thinking about that EAGLE AZUR !( I guess is AF'low cost right?)
Let's see...
My main concern is about arriving soon enough to find my way in time to the show and departing after lunch.
Too bad this tour wasn't last year. I would love to see them 2/3 times, I just can't.

Oxygene
03-14-2011, 05:27 AM
If I could fly in around 5-ish and fly out the next morning around 10-ish I would consider going... There is one dude I would like to go to the show with he works in Paris, he runs France for us, he was here for a weekend a few weeks ago, and he's a nice guy. Oh well I'll look at this option a bit later when the dust starts settling there's still like half a year to go

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 05:30 AM
Oh well I'll look at this option a bit later when the dust starts settling there's still like half a year to go

That's always the better option.

Oxygene
03-14-2011, 05:32 AM
I could flyin at around 6-ish, and fly out early enough next morning to make it to work pretty much on time, but then I would have to get no sleep and flights would cost 400 euros.. from 400 euros I can usually pull off like 5-6 shows at least.. by sleeping properly in a hotel and what not.. I dunno

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 05:33 AM
I could flyin at around 6-ish, and fly out early enough next morning to make it to work pretty much on time, but then I would have to get no sleep and flights would cost 400 euros.. from 400 euros I can usually pull off like 5-6 shows at least.. by sleeping properly in a hotel and what not.. I dunno

I don't think many of our group will sleep that night. I will, because I'm an old man.

randman21
03-14-2011, 05:33 AM
So I got it. :) But that was the easy part. So many plans to make. Let the confusion begin!

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 05:44 AM
I will book flight tickets in these next days... I found a good offer with EasyJet from Edreams website... for 57,98 €

30 August
Departure from (Venice - Marco Polo) 10:40
Arrive to (Paris - Orly) 12:25

1 September
Departure from (Paris - Orly) 14:00 (Isti (http://www.offspring.com/community/member.php?u=7847), we could back together! :D)
Arrive to (Venice - Marco Polo) 15:40

I think, I will get it!!! :)

I don't think many of our group will sleep that night. I will, because I'm an old man.

No one of us will sleep after the show! :D
We will around the hotel and we will party after the gig!!! :D

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 05:49 AM
No one of us will sleep after the show! :D
We will around the hotel and we will party after the gig!!! :D

I hope I will not get killed :P

Isti
03-14-2011, 05:52 AM
Anyone, who isnt't booked the hotel yet and would share a room with me for saving money?

I'm looking for the Iibis hotel near the Zenit.

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 05:54 AM
Anyone, who isnt't booked the hotel yet and would share a room with me for saving money?

Yes, I I I :D

Isti
03-14-2011, 05:56 AM
Yes, I I I :D

The price is for 2 nights cost 110euro. It would be nice for 50-50%, 55euro/person.

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 05:59 AM
The price is for 2 nights cost 110euro. It would be nice for 50-50%, 55euro/person.

so, it will be cost 55 euros/person for 2 nights, right???

Isti
03-14-2011, 06:03 AM
so, it will be cost 55 euros/person for 2 nights, right???

yes, yes :)

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 06:04 AM
yes, yes :)

OK! ;) (f*k ten charakters)

randman21
03-14-2011, 06:05 AM

Hey, I'd like to throw that invitation out there, too. Anyone, lemme know if you want to share a room!

Oxygene
03-14-2011, 06:08 AM
I hope they already booked out the 2 bed rooms and have kingsize beds left :D

Even if I am not there, I'll send champagne and strawberries to the room plus whipped cream.. yay for afterparty :)

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 06:12 AM

Even if I am not there, I'll send champagne and strawberries to the room plus whipped cream.. yay for afterparty :)

haha lol :D

Oxygene
03-14-2011, 06:14 AM
haha lol :D

Now you'll have gay thoughts after the show :)

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 06:16 AM
Now you'll have gay thoughts after the show :)

I should start to be worry? :D

Oxygene
03-14-2011, 06:20 AM
I should start to be worry? :D

I don't know.. you know urself better than I do :D

MAXTER
03-14-2011, 06:37 AM
I don't know.. you know urself better than I do :D
Sorry, but I'm not a gay! :D

Night dreams, bad dreams...
bad dreams and guillotines :D

Isti
03-14-2011, 06:37 AM

Thanx Oxy, I always know you're a nice guy :)

Oxygene
03-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Arrrg I could use my miles, and then it would be like 100 euros.. but flights and options are limited, I would need to fly business class on my miles fuck fuck fuck... this is pissing me off.

RonWelty
03-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Arrrg I could use my miles, and then it would be like 100 euros.. but flights and options are limited, I would need to fly business class on my miles fuck fuck fuck... this is pissing me off.

come on dude! stop thinking, book that shit!!!!

Harleyquiiinn
03-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Me:"hey, you want to go see the offspring with me ?"
Boyfriend: "ah ah !"

I guess that's a no then ...

samseby
03-14-2011, 02:43 PM
If only it wasn't midweek :(
Whose idea was that? :(

Never93
03-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Offspring in Paris, i'm looking forward to it =) very exciting!

RonWelty
03-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Flight tickets booked.

Arriving around 14.00 @ Orly, 31/08
Departing around 16.30@ Orly, 1/09

Harleyquiiinn
03-25-2011, 03:59 AM
I haven't read about it here but The Offspring added a date in Paris. They will also play on September, 1st.

Source: http://www.fnacspectacles.com/place-spectacle/manifestation/Pop-rock-Folk-THE-OFFSPRING-ZPOFF.htm

And that gives me an occasion to share an info which has probably no interest for most of you but a concert venue of Paris burnt last week.

It's the Elysée Montmartre. A small concert venue near Montmartre. It's my favorite place to watch a concert, and where I watched my first one. The program was always full of bands on their way to huge fame (the Offspring played there on 1995 apparently, placebo on 1997 as examples...) and always one of the best venue for rock lovers...

Anyway, strangely, that made me incredibly sad so I want to share...

Dexter_italy
03-25-2011, 04:11 AM
I'll be seeing them 2 nigths in a row! am I dreaming?

RonWelty
03-25-2011, 06:02 AM
bah, I've booked 31th August. I really wanted to attend more shows! FUCK UNIVERSITY!
Anyway, make that BBS meeting on the first show. Because if there is any possibility to meet them is on 31th, because they will have to sleep in paris, having that second show there.

Hum, two dates in one city...it seems like we will have a new record around that time...

BY THE WAY. NIMES IS CONFIRMED - 23 AUGUST 2011

UPDATED POSTER: http://avosbillets.com/images/avosbillets/events/image_verti/THE_OFFSPRING_2011.jpg

RonWelty
03-25-2011, 06:09 AM
My bet for support bands: Simple Plan and Kids in Glass Houses. Kinda meh

RonWelty
03-25-2011, 06:15 AM
I haven't read about it here but The Offspring added a date in Paris. They will also play on September, 1st.

Source: http://www.fnacspectacles.com/place-spectacle/manifestation/Pop-rock-Folk-THE-OFFSPRING-ZPOFF.htm

And that gives me an occasion to share an info which has probably no interest for most of you but a concert venue of Paris burnt last week.

It's the Elysée Montmartre. A small concert venue near Montmartre. It's my favorite place to watch a concert, and where I watched my first one. The program was always full of bands on their way to huge fame (the Offspring played there on 1995 apparently, placebo on 1997 as examples...) and always one of the best venue for rock lovers...

Anyway, strangely, that made me incredibly sad so I want to share...

The Offspring also played there in 2000, promoting Co1.

Beheaded
03-25-2011, 07:12 AM
I'll be seeing them 2 nigths in a row! am I dreaming?
Wohoooo
Holy fucking shit. 2 days in a row.
http://www.teesforall.com/images/HIMYM_Legendary_Black_Shirt.jpg

Dexter_italy
03-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Wohoooo
Holy fucking shit. 2 days in a row.
http://www.teesforall.com/images/HIMYM_Legendary_Black_Shirt.jpg

holy fuck you canot be quoted for quotin barney stinson :D

2 show in a row? challenge accepted :D

RonWelty
03-25-2011, 07:36 AM
You're so lucky....I would love to go to both of them...

Powerh
03-25-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm French and proud of it !!!!!!!!!!!! VIVE LES OFFSPRING !!!!! :D:D:D:D

Oxygene
03-25-2011, 09:28 AM
holy fuck you canot be quoted for quotin barney stinson :D

2 show in a row? challenge accepted :D

try 4 in 4 days :P

Dexter_italy
03-25-2011, 10:39 AM
try 4 in 4 days :P

only if they're indoor.... :)

Oxygene
03-25-2011, 11:02 AM
only if they're indoor.... :)

Rhey re indoor ;)

Dexter_italy
03-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Rhey re indoor ;)

You mean you did them or you're telling me there are indoor shows the 2nd and 3rd september too? :)

Powerh
03-25-2011, 11:10 AM
France loves the offspring !!!

Harleyquiiinn
03-25-2011, 11:18 AM
France loves the offspring !!!

Strangely, France loves "What Happened to you".

Of course that's not a general rule but my few friends who like the Offspring especially like that song. Me too.

Oh and I remember that when they played it in Rock en Seine, the crowd around me really appreciated...

Weird...

Tijs
03-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Just got on Offspring.com, but it states there that they'll play Zenith twice. That's really awesome.
A 2nd show at Zenith in Paris, France on September 1 has just been added to
the schedule. Tickets are on sale now at www.avosbillets.com.

Strangely, France loves "What Happened to you".Oh yes they definitely have to play that more. I've heard it only once or twice I think, it's one of my favorite songs.

Oxygene
03-25-2011, 12:52 PM
You mean you did them or you're telling me there are indoor shows the 2nd and 3rd september too? :)

I was at 4 indoor shows in a row is what I am saying

Dexter_italy
03-25-2011, 01:19 PM
I was at 4 indoor shows in a row is what I am saying

Admiration for you ;) I'm really looking forward for some setlist surpirse :D

Oxygene
03-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Hm... I was thinking trying to get them
To play dirty magic :)

Dexter_italy
03-25-2011, 02:40 PM

With me on guitar? :D

RonWelty
03-25-2011, 02:53 PM
yes, the newest version.

Oxygene
03-26-2011, 02:47 AM
With me on guitar? :D

Yeah... Uh. No:D

Dexter_italy
03-26-2011, 03:54 AM
Yeah... Uh. No:D

Damn!.... :D

Beheaded
04-06-2011, 06:45 AM
So, what about some special plans for a bbs-meeting on the first or second show in Paris?! A sightseeing tour in Paris (I never been there before), or a (couple of) beer in a nice bar or stuff like that.
Think about it and let me know.

Looking forward to meet some nice people of the BBS like I did 2008 in Berlin at the Extreme Playground Festival (Tijs, Oxygene, -L-,.....). =)

Harleyquiiinn
04-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Well, I know nice bars... :cool: I couldn't join the sightseeing though I would have loved to show you some places... but it's a week day :(

Beheaded
04-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Damn, got no chance to spend some time with us? Otherwise, could you name some nice places?

Harleyquiiinn
04-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Damn, got no chance to spend some time with us? Otherwise, could you name some nice places?

I'll try to meet you for lunch I guess ! And at worst, I'll see you at the concert ;)

Things to see in 2 days if I was a tourist in Paris:

Well it's more about things you can avoid. Honestly, the Champs Elysées are nothing special. It's just a big street full of shops you can find everywhere and full of people.
The Louvre is really nice but it's worth it only if you can spend the whole day in it. So in 2 days, I think that is something you don't need to do.
The Eiffel Tower: Well, last time I went, I was probably around 6 but I have a great memory of it. I think it's something to see and do. Just passing under it is cool.
After that, it's more places to walk through.
Things tourists do and they are right: Luxembourg Garden/Latin Quarter/Saint Michel/ Notre Dame (that's around the same place) It's beautiful. There's a secret place behind the Pantheon with a nice pub called the Hurling. Notre Dame is something impressive.
Montmartre, obviously. It's as nice as they say it is.
Le Marais. Center of Paris, next to the City Hall. Fun place at night, full of cool bars. Gay and jewish place... so that's where you can find original male underwear and falafels)

Things tourists don't do enough

La Butte Aux Cailles => This is like a small village in Paris. Cool bars and restaurants as well but it's pratically at the opposite of the Zenith.
Les Buttes Chaumont => That's a park. Most beautiful one of Paris I'd say.

For the bars, I'll tell you closer to the date. That's essential information so I wouldn't want you to have trouble finding the names I gave you in all the posts of this thread :D

Beheaded
04-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Wow, thanks a lot for the information. I can better plan my route in Paris and check out the places in google-streetview first. =)

I think I will stay 3 days (2 nights). Maybe one more, don't know. Depends on the wheather and the french people. :P

Maybe I will/would make a trip to Omaha Beach for 2-3 hours. MAYBE!

But sounds good. Hopefully, some more people wanna join our group. But a very good start. THANK YOU! =)

Tijs
04-06-2011, 07:37 AM
I have this image in my head now of a group of drunken Offspring fans traveling through Paris as early as 11AM until the show starts.

Needles to say that I can't fucking wait.

Harleyquiiinn
04-06-2011, 07:39 AM
I have this image in my head now of a group of drunken Offspring fans traveling through Paris as early as 11AM until the show starts.

Needles to say that I can't fucking wait.

Aah... you make me want to take a day off :D

Beheaded> You're welcome. I love my city so it's a pleasure, really ;)

Tijs
04-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Why don't you?

Beheaded
04-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Because of being french? :P Just kidding.

I would prefer a small group of people hanging out in the sun (maybe in a park) and stuff like that. Just for the start, to become acquainted with each other. After that, OFFSPRING. =)

P.S.: my new years resolution for 2011 is: don't drink anymore for a certain time. But I think, august could be the perfect time to break the rules.

Harleyquiiinn
04-07-2011, 02:05 AM
I'm not sure I can... :(

But I'm definitely meeating you guys :)

Beheaded
04-07-2011, 02:57 AM
But I'm definitely meeating you guys :)
I hope so!!! =)

MAXTER
04-07-2011, 03:06 AM
So let's do the party!!!! :D

Harleyquiiinn
04-27-2011, 08:58 AM
For the ones who would like to enjoy Paris a little longer, here is the program of Rock en Seine. 26,27,28 of August.

http://www.rockenseine.com/fr/programme/

RonWelty
08-24-2011, 02:50 PM
There was some last minute issues that will not allow me to travel to Paris. I have one e-ticket ( although it says my name) that If anyone is interested I possibly can give away. If It's 100% sure I can't go, I will think about that.

Tijs
08-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Dude you're not coming to Paris at all?! Duuuuude!

RonWelty
08-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Dude you're not coming to Paris at all?! Duuuuude!

Man it's difficult. I haven't made my 100% final decision yet.

Dexter_italy
08-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Man it's difficult. I haven't made my 100% final decision yet.

Dude really??? I'm fucking sorry!!

RonWelty
08-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Frederico i am sorry!

dexter85
08-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Hey, is it okay to bring a camera in to Zenith or is it prohibited?

Tijs
08-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Simple cameras can be allowed, as long as it's not professional equipment (i.e. mountable lenses). 99% of the shows are like this.

Harleyquiiinn
08-28-2011, 04:33 AM
Ron Welty> i am very sorry I won't meet you, that would have been fun :( I hope that these issues are not too serious...

Also, if you are 100% sure you can't come and are willing to give away that ticket, I am definitely interested... (Yeah I know how that sounds... :D ) But I know some parisians who would definitely be interested so...

Dexter_italy
05-04-2012, 01:39 AM
I heard about the news that was happened in Paris on August last year. The situation is really an unexpected one, Many of the people are still in surprise. Please produce some more attachemnts for the more detailed view of the topic.

I don't understand....

Defender
05-04-2012, 01:55 AM
I don't understand....

He is talking about the Offspring concert that happened last year in Paris. He delayed for his reply about 8 months. LOL! Maybe he has consumed some drugs.

Little_Miss_1565
05-04-2012, 07:24 AM
It was a spambot, y'all.