PDA

View Full Version : Wtf

Camilamazed
03-05-2011, 09:34 PM
I know I'm drunk,.. but what is going on in here? Why was Ron Welty banned again?

Come one,there were better times around here

KHWHD
03-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was posting personal stuff about The Offspring. As far as I know, he's back but under a different name.

Oxygene
03-06-2011, 04:00 AM
He was back?

Blitz!
03-06-2011, 04:39 AM
I usually understand the reasoning behind the mods banning fellow members but I read most of Ron Weltyís post last night and didnít see anything relating to personal information regarding the band this time around. He was just excited that the band had announced new European tour dates.

About a week ago, a discussion was had regarding the banning of HAU and the mods had admitted that if a member returned, they were willing to give them a second chance. As far as I am concerned, Ron Welty doesnít fit into the category of most of the members previously banned, why arenít the mods prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Dexter_italy
03-06-2011, 04:54 AM
you closed the paris thread mods...why?

MAXTER
03-06-2011, 05:55 AM
I don't understand this!!!
This is a General Offspring Discussion and not an Official Offspring Discussion... :(
Why we couldn't speak about rumors show dates??? what's wrong???? What about we could speak here???

Beheaded
03-06-2011, 08:12 AM
I don't understand, why closing a whole thread because of 1 or 2 wrong posts? I found it very interesting to read about some nice and cheap hotels near the Zenith in Paris. And I found it very interesting to read who wanna be there in august. The date was official, so, PLEASE, call me why?

Sometimes (very often) this board (we could call it shit) is fucked up!

Jojan
03-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Fuck the moderators.

Gustavo
03-06-2011, 12:49 PM
I ususally agree with the bans around here, but RonWelty's case was just WRONG. I was there for the thread he was banned for, I'm not going to go into specifics or details, but I don't think he should have been banned. Not going to say anything about it here because that's just not the case.

RonWelty didn't post anything against the rules in the last couple of weeks, yet all his thread was deleted. Out of all the people, the person who definitely should not be banned is RonWelty, as this BBS is about The Offspring, and all know who kept the G.O.D. section going the most back in the day when he wasn't banned. Why not just give him at least the benefit of doubt, as Marika said?

I'm not trying to buy fights with the mods, I'm actually good friends with one of them (Hi, sexy <3), but I think that RonWelty's case is a huge mistake.

But this probably will probably get deleted anyway.

Tijs
03-06-2011, 01:32 PM
I've put the thread back up, but RonWelty remains banned. At least for now. We're discussing it.

Hi, sexy <3)HI! :D

Dexter_italy
03-06-2011, 01:35 PM
is it legit to ask what was wrong with it?

Tijs
03-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Sure. As I see it, it's not so much about what RonWelty posted this time, but more about his past, where he posted creepy details about the band's personal life. After being warned several times (he has a record for the most warnings on the forums by a landslide) it was enough. He got banned then and came back a few more times after that doing similar things then. That's all quite a long time ago now, so that's why we're discussing it at the moment.

I'm not sure if his threads got deleted intentionally, or if it was an automatic result of his ban. Could've been a mistake.

Gustavo
03-06-2011, 01:48 PM
We're discussing it.

Glad to hear that!

Since you guys put up that thread back on again, it would be nice to have the Rock In Rio thread again, that one wasn't against the rules either, I think. I tried to contact one of the mods about it, I haven't gotten a response yet but it's only been one day. It would be nice to have a place to gather more information about Rock In Rio as they show up.

HI! :D

How's it going? <3

Dexter_italy
03-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Sure. As I see it, it's not so much about what RonWelty posted this time, but more about his past, where he posted creepy details about the band's personal life. After being warned several times (he has a record for the most warnings on the forums by a landslide) it was enough. He got banned then and came back a few more times after that doing similar things then. That's all quite a long time ago now, so that's why we're discussing it at the moment.

I'm not sure if his threads got deleted intentionally, or if it was an automatic result of his ban. Could've been a mistake.

Ok I get the point. And I know he has a troubled past. But what was wrong with the thread? the fact that it wasn't official yet that the band was going to play or he wrote something else? (maybe I didn't read something).
Aside from Ronwelty I'd like to know if knowing of a show and sharing before the announcement is wrong and in that case why?
I'm not starting any kind of fight, let me be clear, it's just that the thread seemed a pretty normal one :D

Oxygene
03-06-2011, 02:09 PM
That's a difficult question.. but I think the band shares shit with us as soon as they can.. and I only take that as official. When it's on Offspring.com

Little_Miss_1565
03-06-2011, 02:13 PM
About a week ago, a discussion was had regarding the banning of HAU and the mods had admitted that if a member returned, they were willing to give them a second chance. As far as I am concerned, Ron Welty doesnít fit into the category of most of the members previously banned, why arenít the mods prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

We are willing to give people a second chance *if they demonstrate that they're no longer interested in behaving in the same manner that got them banned in the first place.* If you get banned for invading the band's privacy then come back (repeatedly) only to try to keep posting rumors about what the band is doing, that doesn't demonstrate a change of behavior.

Fuck the moderators.

And fuck you too. Kisses!

Quoted for truth. Whenever a previously banned member comes back, all the new posts have been deleted. Nothing wrong with the thread itself, except for the part where it's in poor taste for the reasons I explained earlier in this post, but we generally don't leave the new posts up when re-banning someone.

Dexter_italy
03-06-2011, 02:29 PM
But the rules - correct me if I'm mistaken - forbbiden to say things about the band personal lives and not about possible shows. that hasn't got anything to do with a previous behaviour of posting personal info. And the post has been deleted after the news came out in the official offspring.com and it was on french websites too...
This time you just got it wrong mods, sometimes you have to admit it if you make a mistake, you are normal people.

cool 2 hate 681
03-06-2011, 02:54 PM
RonWelty didn't post anything against the rules in the last couple of weeks, yet all his thread was deleted. Out of all the people, the person who definitely should not be banned is RonWelty, as this BBS is about The Offspring, and all know who kept the G.O.D. section going the most back in the day when he wasn't banned. Why not just give him at least the benefit of doubt, as Marika said?

i agree i think he should be given a second chance

Little_Miss_1565
03-06-2011, 03:15 PM
But the rules - correct me if I'm mistaken - forbbiden to say things about the band personal lives and not about possible shows. that hasn't got anything to do with a previous behaviour of posting personal info. And the post has been deleted after the news came out in the official offspring.com and it was on french websites too...
This time you just got it wrong mods, sometimes you have to admit it if you make a mistake, you are normal people.

Rock in Rio has not been announced on offspring.com, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there. Even by his own admission, the promoter was just speaking with the band about the possibility.

I stand by the decision to re-ban him. The thread could have been left up, I'll allow that. Other forum members thinking he should have a second chance is unfortunately not helpful, as it's up to the person who was banned to demonstrate to the mods that they're willing to abide by the rules rather than make it a game to continue fucking with the moderators.

Not interested in discussing this publicly any further. If you want to continue discussing it, please feel free to contact a moderator by PM.

yarock
03-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Fuck the moderators.

Don't mess with the dominatrix.

Rooster
03-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Umm, i see nothing wrong with that thread at all. So i'm joining others and say that this last RW's ban was unneccessary.

Beheaded
03-06-2011, 04:20 PM
(and I'm looking forward to meet some more in PARIS!!!)

Hope to see you there, dude! =)

I've copied your message, just for the case it will be deleated. ;)

Edit: And please add me on facebook (Name: Christopher Hirthe, Germany). I really love your info of the band, even (or maybe because of that) they aren't official yet.

Edit2: And a short message to the topic "mods". Some of them aren't objective and you can not discuss with them. "If you want to continue discussing it, please feel free to contact a moderator by PM." Hahaha, nice one. Forget it! Some months ago, I get a "warning" for NOTHING and I wanted to discuss it, but everything was like BlaBlaBla.

Camilamazed
03-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Oh.. I thought this thread would have been deleted by then, so I guess I have to thank the mods for letting people talk about it..

Well, things regarding their personal life I agree and stuff, but since when a rumor about negotiation of concerts is personal?

Everybody talks about rumors all the time.. The only difference is that most of the time what comes from members here are usually true. Talking about negotiation in my view is the same things when albums leak on the internet...

=/

Little_Miss_1565
03-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Umm, i see nothing wrong with that thread at all. So i'm joining others and say that this last RW's ban was unneccessary.

Well, things regarding their personal life I agree and stuff, but since when a rumor about negotiation of concerts is personal?

Coming back to the forum after you've been banned is against the rules, as I've already stated, and that is why he was banned again. It doesn't matter that the thread itself was relatively harmless. If we're going to discuss extending a second chance, that's another story. Please, if you want to continue the conversation, let's please take it off the open forum.

Edit2: And a short message to the topic "mods". Some of them aren't objective and you can not discuss with them. "If you want to continue discussing it, please feel free to contact a moderator by PM." Hahaha, nice one. Forget it! Some months ago, I get a "warning" for NOTHING and I wanted to discuss it, but everything was like BlaBlaBla.

When some forum members insist on being nasty, like this, can you imagine why a moderator such as myself might not want to engage the entire forum openly about decisions? Did I say that this wasn't up for discussion? No. I asked those actually interested in having a conversation to either message me or another moderator if they didn't want to talk to me, which I suspect you and several others may feel.

Oxygene
03-06-2011, 08:23 PM
You guys fucking need to listen to Sarah..

I can't believe that you didn't get her main message.. letting the dude back in is up for discussion, as long as it isn't openly debated. I get that. It's cool. If you don't, you're an asshole

I for one would give the guy a second chance if he swore on his mothers tits that he'd act in accordance. I have yet to see him explain himself, and understand what he did was wrong. From what I gather from his post he is kind of there, but he thinks that his attack on me had anything to do with him being banned, so he's bringing that up as an example of being stupid. Unfourtunatley that had nothing to do with anything as far as I know. In fact I didn't even know he got banned for a while. My suggestion is for him to prove that he is actually sorry for the shit that got him banned, he understands what he did was wrong, and he'll try to avoid it. Obviously there is no guarantee anyone will listen, but from what I gather here the mods are pretty open to reevaluate his situation. As long as that's the case maybe YOU SHOULD TRY FUCKING LISTENING TO THEM.

I can't believe how retarted some of you are.

If this needs to be discussed in PM then write a FUCKING PM. How much more simple could it get. Fuck if all I needed to do to get what I want was to write a PM, how happy would I be...

\THREAD

Beheaded
03-07-2011, 01:39 AM
/Thread reopened

But I did sent a message and there was no way to discuss.

Oxygene
03-07-2011, 01:40 AM
/Thread reopened

But I did sent a message and there was no way to discuss.

So did I and there was.

Harleyquiiinn
03-07-2011, 02:18 AM
You guys fucking need to listen to Sarah..

I can't believe that you didn't get her main message.. letting the dude back in is up for discussion, as long as it isn't openly debated. I get that. It's cool. If you don't, you're an asshole

I for one would give the guy a second chance if he swore on his mothers tits that he'd act in accordance. I have yet to see him explain himself, and understand what he did was wrong. From what I gather from his post he is kind of there, but he thinks that his attack on me had anything to do with him being banned, so he's bringing that up as an example of being stupid. Unfourtunatley that had nothing to do with anything as far as I know. In fact I didn't even know he got banned for a while. My suggestion is for him to prove that he is actually sorry for the shit that got him banned, he understands what he did was wrong, and he'll try to avoid it. Obviously there is no guarantee anyone will listen, but from what I gather here the mods are pretty open to reevaluate his situation. As long as that's the case maybe YOU SHOULD TRY FUCKING LISTENING TO THEM.

I can't believe how retarted some of you are.

If this needs to be discussed in PM then write a FUCKING PM. How much more simple could it get. Fuck if all I needed to do to get what I want was to write a PM, how happy would I be...

\THREAD

That's something that I always find exasperating. You explain what should not be done by doing exactly what should not be done.

"Come on guys, listen to the mods and don't discuss the guy's ban publicly but here is my opinion about it..."

And you know, I wouldn't mind if you weren't so agressive while doing it. Nobody here is retarded, you don't need to insult anyone.

Dexter_italy
03-07-2011, 03:52 AM
I wrote a Pm to the mods and they answered me. As they cleared out it's the coming back which is forbidden. it wasn't the thread.
I just hope he'll get a second chance

Oxygene
03-07-2011, 04:04 AM
That's something that I always find exasperating. You explain what should not be done by doing exactly what should not be done.

"Come on guys, listen to the mods and don't discuss the guy's ban publicly but here is my opinion about it..."

And you know, I wouldn't mind if you weren't so agressive while doing it. Nobody here is retarded, you don't need to insult anyone.

The reason I have to state my opinion in this matter publicly is because it actually counts.

If I didn't I could be accused of being negativley biased about it, and trying to silence this thing.

I'm sure there are a number of other rational sane things that are way beyond your grasp and which you find exasperating.. And yes I do need to insult everyone because they are being counter productive, and it's against everyones best interest.

Jojan
03-07-2011, 05:48 AM

Wow. This gave me an erection.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
03-08-2011, 12:19 PM
The reason I have to state my opinion in this matter publicly is because it actually counts.

If I didn't I could be accused of being negativley biased about it, and trying to silence this thing.

I'm sure there are a number of other rational sane things that are way beyond your grasp and which you find exasperating.. And yes I do need to insult everyone because they are being counter productive, and it's against everyones best interest.

Please explain why it matters. It seems to me that you're just an arrogant narcissistic prick that can voice his opinion just because you feel like you're the fucking shiz of this forum

Guess what? Tijs can explain his reasons without being a cunt about it. He doesn't need to go flying off the handle just because he feels like it. And why am I addressing you like this? Because I'm only imitating your behavior and attitude. Doesn't feel nice, right?