PDA

View Full Version : [RUMOUR] The Offspring in Leeds/Reading 2011

RonWelty
03-09-2011, 12:43 PM
It's being discussed on several websites and forums in England, an ongoing rumour that The Offspring will be , once again, present in the Leeds / Reading Festival.
With one small difference: This time wouldn't be at the Main Stage but rather at Radio1/NME Stage.

What do you think?

Jesus
03-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah heard that rumor too. They would be the closing act on the NME/Radio1 stage, which means they play in the dark and have a longer set compared to what they would have if they'd be on the mainstage late afternoon.

If they do play Reading/Leeds then other festivals such as Pukkelpop and Lowlands are a possibility too. Good news!

jacknife737
03-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I've never been to Leeds/Reading but every year when i read the lineup, the none-main stages always seem a lot more interesting, particularly the Lock Up one.

And I'd rather see the band play a longer set at night than like 45 minutes during the afternoon.

RonWelty
03-09-2011, 02:16 PM
After some research and contacts, I guess we can expect this to become a reality.

cool 2 hate 681
03-09-2011, 02:23 PM
i always thought they would have played reading and leeds on the rafrag tour since the last time they played it was in 2004

RonWelty
03-09-2011, 02:24 PM
i always thought they would have played reading and leeds on the rafrag tour since the last time they played it was in 2004

They played Download! Actually they headlined.

Greekoldfan
03-09-2011, 02:52 PM
offspring should play as headliners in the main stage.i don't know what they think over there (i was in uk for 6 years) and many headliners have desappeared from the music indusrty map.just one hit in uk and they were headliners...for example the darkness...in no other european country the darkness could be headliners and the offspring second band...that sucks

Zee
03-09-2011, 03:11 PM
As far as I know, yes it should be true.

cool 2 hate 681
03-09-2011, 03:22 PM
They played Download! Actually they headlined.

is download the same promoter or something? i always thought it was completely different from reading and leeds

emmylou
03-09-2011, 11:18 PM
me and my friend was taking about this yesterday !!! spooky!!!!
hmmmmm i would think the offspring would be headlining leeds but playing the R1 stage is cool!!

Oxygene
03-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Not playing the main stage? Ugg.. that is lame from the promoters

emmylou
03-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Not playing the main stage? Ugg.. that is lame from the promoters

agreed - its going to cause a nightmare with the crowd !!! boo
you think offspring, you think leeds/ reading, you think headlining or pretty much near to the top of the list of the main stage ?

Oxygene
03-10-2011, 01:57 AM
btw RW welcome back.. I hope you'll say within the rules and contribute to the forum. It's pretty rare for someone to get a second chance, so be proud and appreciate it.

Don't fuck it up :D

Bejka
03-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Hmm, every year the same - discussion about UK's summer festivals, but The Offspring never plays there :D

And Radio 1 is a good radio, so it's OK I think...

RonWelty
03-10-2011, 10:14 AM
don't fuck it up :d

ya ya ya ya ya

bouncingcoles
03-10-2011, 03:34 PM
If this is true do they not have enough of a following anymore to play the mainstage or something? It sounds like it would be a smaller stage

RonWelty
03-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Nowadays in Europe, The Offspring aren't very relevant... It's sad but true.

bouncingcoles
03-10-2011, 05:19 PM

ya this is true but i would think they would still be big enough to play the main stage.

Jesus
03-10-2011, 11:49 PM
ya this is true but i would think they would still be big enough to play the main stage.

It might be that they prefer a later slot on a smaller stage compared to an afternoon set on the main stage.

Oxygene
03-11-2011, 12:16 AM

When I saw them tour 2.5 years ago they played to crowds between 30-50 thousand on average at these festivals.

MAXTER
03-11-2011, 12:25 AM
When I saw them tour 2.5 years ago they played to crowds between 30-50 thousand on average at these festivals.

And this year will be the same, in bologne we will be 30,000 fans!!! :)

The Offspring aren't so relevant, because they aren't commercial (like fu*kin' GD), at the same time, a lot people like me, believe The Offspring are one of the best punk rock band in punk music world scene!!! ;)

RonWelty
03-11-2011, 02:01 AM

Yes oxy, in festivals and in most of them they aren't main headlinets. Am i wrong?

jacknife737
03-11-2011, 02:13 AM
It might be that they prefer a later slot on a smaller stage compared to an afternoon set on the main stage.

Yeah, checking out the list of last years headliners, the Offspring still pull in a lot bigger crowds than a lot of bands on there, but as you said, i think they'd prefer to close a stage rather than an afternoon/early evening set.

Oxygene
03-11-2011, 02:33 AM
Yes oxy, in festivals and in most of them they aren't main headlinets. Am i wrong?

How do show types relate to relevance..? I've played at the some of the same festivals to a lot smaller crowds...

RonWelty
03-11-2011, 06:38 AM
How do show types relate to relevance..?

I can't understand how you can say that they are still relevant to people in Europe in general when their solo concerts are mostly in clubs/small venues for 2500-7000 persons.
10 years ago in UK they would play arenas for around 10.000! Nowadays they play for 4000 or 5000.
10 years ago in France they would play in Paris (Bercy); Lyon and some other town. Nowadays they play in Zenith for around 4000-5000 people.
10 years ago they played in a indoor arena for 8000-10000 persons in Portugal. Now, they play for 3000.
10 years ago they would play in Barcelona and Madrid when touring Spain, in bigger venues. Nowadays they play only in barcelona at a small venue for around 3000.
10 years ago they would tour all over Europe in the biggest indoor arenas. Now they don't.

I think we can say that:
a) less people wants to go to their shows
b) the european promoters have less faith that the band can sell as many tickets as 10 years ago.

But I can give you more reasons!

Actually The Offspring mostly plays in 2nd League Festivals. Of course there are some exceptions, but even among those, 95% -->they aren't main headliners.
You can talk me about they headlining in Sziget(it's one of the biggest but the lineups aren't among the best in the business), Pukkelpop (either), this festival in Italy (is one of the biggest in Italy, but it isn't a premier festival too) and the list can go on...
You can tak about DOWNLOAD 2008, but if you remind correctly, the promoters couldn't find someone to headline that year, so THE OFFSPRING and LOST PROPHETS became headliners when they were supposed to be the 2nd name in the bill, for each day.

Rock in Rio 2008? 2nd name of the bill
Reading? 2nd name of the bill and it seems that this year they will in the NME stage, not main stage
Glanstonbury? ..
Rock am Ring? not the headliners
Rosklide?...
T in the Park? ....
(I forgot if they headlined Lowlands in recent years...)

And if you look up, media in Europe doesn't give much attention to the band.
Punk-rock isn't a top selling type of music in Europe. Indie/Pop-rock/metal are the 3 bigs. Of course they are considered a "big" band, but an OLD big band that doesn't bring much audience, if you consider them as headliners. IMO promoters think THE OFFSPRING as that band that everybody wouldn't mind to see and in some cases makes some people with some doubts buying tickets.
But they aren't Radiohead, Blink 182, Artic Monkeys, u2, Green Day, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, metallica...

Peace!

Dexter_italy
03-11-2011, 06:47 AM
I can't understand how you can say that they are still relevant to people in Europe in general when their solo concerts are mostly in clubs/small venues for 2500-7000 persons.
10 years ago in UK they would play arenas for around 10.000! Nowadays they play for 4000 or 5000.
10 years ago in France they would play in Paris (Bercy); Lyon and some other town. Nowadays they play in Zenith for around 4000-5000 people.
10 years ago they played in a indoor arena for 8000-10000 persons in Portugal. Now, they play for 3000.
10 years ago they would play in Barcelona and Madrid in Spain, in bigger venues. Nowadays they play only in barcelona in a small venue for around 3000.
10 years ago they would tour all over Europe in the biggest indoor arenas. Now they don't.

I think we can say that:
a) less people wants to go to their shows
b) the european promoters have less faith that the band can sell as many tickets as 10 years ago.

But I can give you more reasons!

Actually The Offspring mostly plays in 2nd League Festivals. Of course there are some exceptions, but even among those, 95% -->they aren't main headliners.
You can talk me about they headlining in Sziget(it's one of the biggest but the lineups aren't among the best in the business), Pukkelpop (either), this festival in Italy (is one of the biggest in Italy, but it isn't a premier festival too) and the list can go on...
You can tak about DOWNLOAD 2008, but if you remind correctly, the promoters couldn't find someone to headline that year, so THE OFFSPRING and LOST PROPHETS became headliners when they were supposed to be the 2nd name in the bill, for each day.

Rock in Rio 2008? 2nd name of the bill
Reading? 2nd name of the bill and it seems that this year they will in the NME stage, not main stage
Glanstonbury? ..
Rock am Ring? not the headliners
Rosklide?...
T in the Park? ....
(I forgot if they headlined Lowlands in recent years...)

And if you look up, media in Europe doesn't give much attention to the band.
Punk-rock isn't a top selling type of music in Europe. Indie/Pop-rock/metal are the 3 bigs. Of course they are considered a "big" band, but an OLD big band that doesn't bring much audience, if you consider them as headliners. IMO promoters think THE OFFSPRING as that band that everybody wouldn't mind to see and in some cases makes some people with some doubts buying tickets.
But they aren't Radiohead, Blink 182, Artic Monkeys, u2, Green Day, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, metallica...

Peace!

you are almost right, except for the fact that blink are still on the road only because of a reunion...they suck live and won't do other big date without releasing something new...you can't tour with the same stuff yuou had 10 years ago

RonWelty
03-11-2011, 06:51 AM
you are almost right, except for the fact that blink are still on the road only because of a reunion...they suck live and won't do other big date without releasing something new...you can't tour with the same stuff yuou had 10 years ago

if I read correctly, they will release a new album this year.
But about that you're right. Switch Blink 182 for Muse :P

Dexter_italy
03-11-2011, 07:03 AM
if I read correctly, they will release a new album this year.
But about that you're right. Switch Blink 182 for Muse :P

muse aren't event pronounceble in the same sentence with blllli...I can't!:D

RonWelty
03-11-2011, 07:17 AM
muse aren't event pronounceble in the same sentence with blllli...I can't!:D

I don't like both bands so I'm okay.

emmylou
03-11-2011, 09:13 AM
coming from someone from the uk if ur not mainstream ie greenday etc etc etc and act crazy ie greenday you dont get much media time air play promotion . I know loads of people who love or know of the offspring in the uk , just greenday have taken the limelight .
my thoughts :D

Greekoldfan
03-11-2011, 09:37 AM
what they need to do imo to attrack more people to their shows is to be the old offspring onstage.more energy more communicate with the crowd and of course some new things on stage (it was really cool when they introduced intermission in 97 or even the walla walla thing in 99)not repeat them but to do new things and not to be so static on stage..

momo91
03-11-2011, 11:07 AM
what they need to do imo to attrack more people to their shows is to be the old offspring onstage.more energy more communicate with the crowd and of course some new things on stage (it was really cool when they introduced intermission in 97 or even the walla walla thing in 99)not repeat them but to do new things and not to be so static on stage..

I completely agree with you!

Dexter_italy
03-11-2011, 11:27 AM
to attract people they have to sell...that's the fact, nowadays it's planty of bands but not an huge one so noone attracts so much people like before. only names are muse, foo fighters and some big metal ones. Offspring are good the way they are, they introduced gone away on the piano, don't forget it, it's that we always ask for more, it's not a man dressed in a jailsuit wich makes people go to a show. the only thing we could ask for is a set a little bit longer because 1:10 mt is a bit short, but it is also a 22 songs set.... they are a fucking punk rock band, they aren't green day which needs to put on a circus to do a decent show

bouncingcoles
03-11-2011, 11:47 AM

i do agree with you. and they kinda did that by playing gone away on piano and bringing intermission back. I do think dexter still needs stop looking like he is going through the motions though. every review iv seen since 2004 say that he looks bored on stage.

Greekoldfan
03-11-2011, 12:07 PM
I don't mean that dexter has to do his stage dives again (it could be cool),but more energy.Noodles is still the monkey onstage,and i think pete put a lot more energy than ron did.Regarding Todd i think he is the best person after Higgins left

RonWelty
03-11-2011, 12:20 PM
I don't mean that dexter has to do his stage dives again (it could be cool),but more energy.Noodles is still the monkey onstage,and i think pete put a lot more energy than ron did.Regarding Todd i think he is the best person after Higgins left

the kind of music they play isn't compatible with their attitude on stage.

Dexter_italy
03-11-2011, 12:40 PM
the kind of music they play isn't compatible with their attitude on stage.

the only one which acts different is dexter,greg has always done what he does as the same for noodles. But we have to admit that Dexter is a way more better singer now than he was before. and as he plays and sings too it's normal that the band seems a bit static on stage. maybe something could be done, but we can't really discuss it i think. Every band has its attitude towards the show, you really can't judge it dude.

Little_Miss_1565
03-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Can we please not argue about what stage they should or should not play until the date is confirmed?

MAXTER
03-17-2011, 03:52 AM
http://www.lastfm.it/festival/1756018+Leeds+Festival+2011

Oxygene
03-17-2011, 05:04 AM
Stage stage stage?

Greekoldfan
03-17-2011, 07:04 AM
the only one which acts different is dexter,greg has always done what he does as the same for noodles. But we have to admit that Dexter is a way more better singer now than he was before. and as he plays and sings too it's normal that the band seems a bit static on stage. maybe something could be done, but we can't really discuss it i think. Every band has its attitude towards the show, you really can't judge it dude.

greg used to jump in songs like bad habit, get it right ans some other too

Dexter_italy
03-17-2011, 07:13 AM
greg used to jump in songs like bad habit, get it right ans some other too

Yes but he's always been the more static... we could argue the drummer is the more static because he's seated... :D

emmylou
03-18-2011, 11:06 AM
the line up poster hahahahahha what a load of shite
kesha , hannah montana and then we have brit boybands jls and the wanted ! ermmmmmm leeds fest is a rock show !!!! not top of the pops:o

momo91
03-21-2011, 06:25 AM
http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/9763/-/-Reading-and-Leeds-Festival-lineup-leaked

Latest rumour...

RonWelty
03-21-2011, 07:20 AM
They have the third spot .... bah.

RonWelty
03-21-2011, 12:28 PM
It's official. Not a rumour anymore.
As now, only Paris is an indoor show.

Isti
03-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Yes its official

http://www.readingfestival.co.uk/#poster

Dexter_italy
03-21-2011, 12:45 PM
my chemical romance?? really... what the fuck... not only they can't be compared with the Offspring (don't start a success arguement please, we all know mcr has a new album out now), but they can't be compared even with the other headliners! comparing muse with mcr is an insult...

cool 2 hate 681
03-21-2011, 12:54 PM
i know mcr are more popular but 30 seconds to mars i had no idea:eek:

RonWelty
03-21-2011, 01:48 PM

In Portugal at least they are. They will headline one of the days of the current biggest festival in Portugal this year (Rock in Rio is in Rio de Janeiro this year).

Their last show they sold out 10.000 in the biggest indoor arena in Portugal.
The Offspring's last indoor show here, in 2004, had around 2500-3000 people, in a much smaller venue.

cool 2 hate 681
03-21-2011, 02:03 PM
In Portugal at least they are. They will headline one of the days of the current biggest festival in Portugal this year (Rock in Rio is in Rio de Janeiro this year).

Their last show they sold out 10.000 in the biggest indoor arena in Portugal.
The Offspring's last indoor show here, in 2004, had around 2500-3000 people, in a much smaller venue.

they played here at the fox theater in january which is a 2000 person venue i don't know if it sold out or not

Tijs
03-21-2011, 02:03 PM
It's on Offspring.com too now. Couldn't be more official than it is now.

http://offspring.com/news#1

Isti
03-21-2011, 02:08 PM
MCR and 30 seconds to mars are a new wave present-day pussy style bands.

TheOffspring is a badass oldscool band, a religion for a life.

I can't understand how can compare these bands with the Offspring

momo91
03-21-2011, 02:19 PM

Nothing else to say.

Oxygene
03-21-2011, 03:00 PM

I love you man!!!!!!!
Pencil me in for both these gigs! NFG Rise against... Alright! :-)

Greekoldfan
03-21-2011, 05:06 PM
I told you that these people are crazy on that island...what the fuck are those two bands above?I only know their names...and no song of them

Little_Miss_1565
03-21-2011, 05:33 PM
MCR and 30 Seconds are puzzling to me...every time someone reminds me they still exist, I feel confused. But whatevs. I'm sure the Offspring will have fun :)

On another note, I love the everloving shit out of The National (BROOKLYN WE GO HARD), but to see them billed above Jimmy Eat World makes me go WHAAAA?

England! I do not understand you!

jacknife737
03-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Read in the guardian this morning that the band was playing: and it's now on the official site: safe to say they're locked in: and on the main stage.

They get lots of radio play in the UK: last time i was there, friends of mine kept playing that horrid "kings and queens" song of theirs.

bouncingcoles
03-21-2011, 06:42 PM
im surprised 30 seconds to mars are above the offspring, in the states they are not really that popular anymore. im surprised Janes addiction are not playing the main stage. so much for the dumb ass rumor about offspring playing a smaller stage.

Oxygene
03-22-2011, 12:55 AM
so much for the dumb ass rumor about offspring playing a smaller stage.
Thank god for that! :)

emmylou
03-22-2011, 05:49 AM
MCR and 30 Seconds are puzzling to me...every time someone reminds me they still exist, I feel confused. But whatevs. I'm sure the Offspring will have fun :)

On another note, I love the everloving shit out of The National (BROOKLYN WE GO HARD), but to see them billed above Jimmy Eat World makes me go WHAAAA?

England! I do not understand you!

i dont understand us either :D

emmylou
03-22-2011, 05:51 AM
Thank god for that! :)

so glad they are playing main stage !! might only go for the day though ....... work :(

Oxygene
03-22-2011, 06:10 AM
I'm still deeating wether or not to go to just reading or reading and leeds... hm...

emmylou
03-22-2011, 06:49 AM
if i am going it will just be leeds on the day the offspring play. cant afford a full weekend pass!!! so expensive ...... well i think so

Oxygene
03-22-2011, 07:02 AM
if i am going it will just be leeds on the day the offspring play. cant afford a full weekend pass!!! so expensive ...... well i think so

flights + hotels.. tell me about it.. money is a bitch :(

emmylou
03-22-2011, 07:14 AM
weekend pass is bout £200 day pass £88 hmmmmmmm :confused: why dont you camp there be loads cheaper thats wy the ticket is so expensive as you have to pay for camping fee as well. might as well take a tent with you

Oxygene
03-22-2011, 08:17 AM
weekend pass is bout £200 day pass £88 hmmmmmmm :confused: why dont you camp there be loads cheaper thats wy the ticket is so expensive as you have to pay for camping fee as well. might as well take a tent with you

Jesus man... wow tickets are expensive... who'd've thunk...

emmylou
03-22-2011, 08:43 AM
from their twitter page

OfficialRandL Reading & Leeds fest
Fill in this survey and you could win tickets to Reading or Leeds 2011!! (you must be aged 16+) http://bit.ly/fClBlu
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

i have applied if i win i will take you o lol

prices
OfficialRandL Reading & Leeds fest
TICKET PRICES - Weekend tickets are £192.50, Day tickets will be £82.50 Early Entry £15, Lockers £15, Campervan £40
expensive!! good old uk

emmylou
03-22-2011, 08:51 AM
general thoughts in the uk for the line up is unimpressed , people are hoping that mcr is sabotaged with less than jake playing at the same time on the R1 NME stage lol!

RonWelty
03-22-2011, 11:55 AM
http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/9775/-/BLOG-bands-that-could-help-sell-out-Reading--Leeds

dav0147
03-22-2011, 03:11 PM
http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/9775/-/BLOG-bands-that-could-help-sell-out-Reading--Leeds

Sorry i dont get it what are they trying to say here lol??

RonWelty
03-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Sorry i dont get it what are they trying to say here lol??

something like: The Offspring are old, boring and unpleasant...Also that they've played a lot of times at Reading, too much for writter's taste.

In England, news are floating that for first time tickets didn't sellout quickly. Awesome...

By the way, some leaked Lowlands line up have The Offspring on them. Nothing unexpected... I guess Mr. Tijs can confirm this.

dav0147
03-22-2011, 03:53 PM
something like: The Offspring are old, boring and unpleasant...Also that they've played a lot of times at Reading, too much for writter's taste.

In England, news are floating that for first time tickets didn't sellout quickly. Awesome...

By the way, some leaked Lowlands line up have The Offspring on them. Nothing unexpected... I guess Mr. Tijs can confirm this.

thanks, well it the first time they've played there since 2004 so would of thought it was a good addition so sure we'll all disagree with that.

I thought it had went down well, the vast majority of people talking about them playing reading and leeds on the fan feed are positive - saying there one of the few reasons to go.

When i saw the lineup i thought it was a good one tbh, dont see how its much worse to previous years.

Jack-UK
03-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Finally get to see The Offspring for the first time.

Its about time. Bring on august!

Re: the selling out... Think its combined reasons.. A lot of the mainstream crowd are interested in V fest this year.. Ticket prices now over that horrible £200 mark... Personally i think the lineup is better than last year and on a par with 2009.. (I've been the past two years..) But i think its slightly more rock than last year, so the mainstreamers are heading to V..!

cool 2 hate 681
03-22-2011, 08:08 PM

can you please post a link to the leaked lowlands lineup?

emmylou
03-23-2011, 01:40 AM
i agree the problem is its £200 for a ticket !!! people will prob buy day passes for one or two days - august weather is usually rubbish to camp in the uk as well. The offspring being there is his opinion and 3rd act fromthe top your looking at playing bout 8.30pm ish not mid afternoon!

Little_Miss_1565
03-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Jesus man... wow tickets are expensive... who'd've thunk...

Pulp reunions ain't cheap, I guess. (but seriously someone please bring the Pulp tour to the US.)

DavidPim
03-23-2011, 08:52 AM
I read that The Offspring will be on 26 August in Reading and 27 in Leeds.
Look at www.readingfestival.com. I hope to visit them and I need to raise money because the entry costs 200 pounds.

emmylou
03-23-2011, 09:41 AM
I read that The Offspring will be on 26 August in Reading and 27 in Leeds.
Look at www.readingfestival.com. I hope to visit them and I need to raise money because the entry costs 200 pounds.
thats for a weekend pass to ONE site only and reading in south england and leeds north england very far away from each other . if you are only going to see the offspring i suggest you check the dates i think they play reading friday and leeds saturday and pay £82 leeds and £82 for reading as the weekend pass that costs £200 is for ONE site only !

ThunderPX
03-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Oh shit, I think the spambots are starting to get sentient.

Alison
03-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Hmmm, dammit, why is it so expensive.

I hope they just announce their own concert, cos the rest of the lineup isnt that great, and with flights included, that will not be cheap

RonWelty
03-25-2011, 07:01 AM
The surprise of Saturday has got to be US punk veterans Offspring who haven’t been seen for a while after their bid to match the resurgence of Green Day failed. They’ve got a new album due this year, presumably before festival season, so they could well be the sound of the summer...who knows?

Read More http://www.examiner.co.uk/leisure-and-entertainment/entertainment-west-yorkshire/2011/03/25/leeds-festival-2011-is-nostalgia-just-the-ticket-for-leeds-festival-86081-28399788/#ixzz1HcUdHkgB

KyleW
03-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Leeds ticket booked with 2 friends as of an hour ago, really excited to go now. Was thinking about going before the line up was onnounced and now it's a sure thing.

cool 2 hate 681
05-09-2011, 02:19 PM
http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/30_seconds_to_mars_reportedly_to_break_up/

even more reason for them not to be ahead of offspring

bouncingcoles
05-09-2011, 02:45 PM
I dont believe bands that break up these days. ya jarod letto will go do some movies for a few years and get the band back together in like 4 years and everyone will be surprised and act as if it wasnt inevitable.

F@ BANKZ
05-12-2011, 09:12 PM
already there :p

Alison
05-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Think I am likely to head to this. Whether to go to full weekend or not is the thing. So many bands i want to see on the other days too, pity about the price.

Alison
05-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Does anyone have an idea when this will sell out? I'm looking at Reading over Leeds (direct flights, possibly better weather and all).
Just have to convince friends to come with me is the problemooo