PDA

View Full Version : 17 years since Smash came out

Alex101
04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Smash was released 17 years ago today. Man, I can't believe it's been that long. I remember hearing them for the first time when I was 5 when the radio was playing "Come Out and Play".

Oxygene
04-08-2011, 01:22 PM
fcuk time to pack up our shit and die...

yarock
04-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Smash was released 17 years ago today. Man, I can't believe it's been that long. I remember hearing them for the first time when I was 5 when the radio was playing "Come Out and Play".

Dexter had a point.

Jojan
04-08-2011, 02:23 PM
The Offspring was formed before I was.

Greekoldfan
04-08-2011, 02:35 PM
wow..I was eleven when I used to sing the lalalalalaa...intro of self esteem in my school with my friends and smashing plastic bins in the class during the breaks between the lessons..

Greekoldfan
04-08-2011, 02:37 PM
ps to Jojan who said that we don't have 2 vinyls in www.theoffspring.eu: I ordered the orange smash and red ignition that I was missing, so very soon they will be onsite

Tijs
04-08-2011, 02:41 PM
fcuk time to pack up our shit and die...Why? We can still listen to it :D As long as my ears are working I'll stay alive just to listen to that album.

Dexter had a point.Ha! Nice!

Mike_911
04-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Where has the time gone..

_Way_Down_the_Line_
04-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Me too I had 5 Years OMFG jaja

Zee
04-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Goddammit the album got big in time... I remember bringing "Gotta Get Away" from my copied c-cassette into our class song voting contest at third grade or something. Ah, still have the cassette of course. :) To mention, it did pretty well. :D It's amazing how the music striked in so large level even into like 10 years old minds who didn't understand a shit of English. For me The Offspring (or Nirvana) was the first touch into a rock 'n roll atmosphere. Actually no, Roxette and "Sleeping In My Car" still might be the first one ha. :p What a great song that is!

Oxygene
04-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Where has the time gone..

Nowhere.. you're still 13.. remember ;)

Goddammit the album got big in time... I remember bringing "Gotta Get Away" from my copied c-cassette into our class song voting contest at third grade or something. Ah, still have the cassette of course. :) To mention, it did pretty well. :D It's amazing how the music striked in so large level even into like 10 years old minds who didn't understand a shit of English. For me The Offspring (or Nirvana) was the first touch into a rock 'n roll atmosphere. Actually no, Roxette and "Sleeping In My Car" still might be the first one ha. :p What a great song that is!

I am seeing roxette in the summer... gulp

Alex101
04-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Me too I had 5 Years OMFG jaja
Wow, so you and I were just kids back when Smash came out.

samseby
04-10-2011, 09:41 AM
17 years, wow ... now that you mention it.
So one could actually call it a "classic" right? ;)

TheOldMark
04-11-2011, 01:07 PM
nice catch. still my favorite record ever. STILL the highest selling record from an independent label. awesome.

RonWelty
04-11-2011, 04:35 PM
nice catch. still my favorite record ever. STILL the highest selling record from an independent label. awesome.

It will retain that title forever...

It's their best album, IMO along with Nevermind, Bad Religion's Stranger than fiction and Rancid's Out come the wolves it reflects what 90's really meant when we're talking about music, at least to me.

But Ixnay is, and always will be, my favourite album.

weezly
04-12-2011, 11:31 PM
well i accidently discovered the offspring when i borrowed hootie and the blow fish, cracked rear view from my cousin, smash was on the other side of the tape.... so does anyone wanna celebrate 17 years of hootie and the blow fish??
i wanna love you, the best that, the best that i caaaaaaaannnnn lol.

Alex101
04-13-2011, 07:49 AM
It will retain that title forever...

It's their best album, IMO along with Nevermind, Bad Religion's Stranger than fiction and Rancid's Out come the wolves it reflects what 90's really meant when we're talking about music, at least to me.

But Ixnay is, and always will be, my favourite album.
Yeah, Smash is definitely my favorite album too. Ixnay is my second favorite while Americana is my third favorite.

hshduppsnt
04-14-2011, 11:17 AM

5? I was 9... boy I feel old all of a sudden
(and frankly have felt old at a few of the more recent shows I've gone to as well)