PDA

View Full Version : The band members have accounts

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-09-2011, 07:56 PM
I didn't know that they actually had accounts. I saw Noodles comment on something. Dexter or Noodles or Greg or Pete, please post something in this saying "Hi Jonathan" or something like that and it will make my day. Do it for your #1 Canadian fan.

Oxygene
04-10-2011, 02:18 AM
I didn't know that they actually had accounts. I saw Noodles comment on something. Dexter or Noodles or Greg or Pete, please post something in this saying "Hi Jonathan" or something like that and it will make my day. Do it for your #1 Canadian fan.

oh boy this is ... yeah.

The Talking Pie
04-10-2011, 02:21 AM
This is exactly why most famous people don't interact directly with their fans on message boards. They either have to pander to stupid wish fulfilment all the god-damn time or refuse to and look like a dick.

If you people would just stop being so fucking fanatical, we might all be able to enjoy their company as normal human beings.

Llamas
04-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Threads like this would upset me if I were the Offspring. This sense of entitlement and like you can tell the band what to do... ugh. No appreciation, no respect.

And what The Talking Pie said.

Oxygene
04-10-2011, 02:48 AM
I love these self given titles like number 1 canadian fan.. mike _911 and shank can fuck off I guess...

Llamas
04-10-2011, 03:12 AM
I love these self given titles like number 1 canadian fan.. mike _911 and shank can fuck off I guess...

Yeah I dunno this new guy, but I'd bet anything that Shank and mike_911 are much bigger fans than some guy who just joined the bbs and just demands the band talks to him.

RageAndLov
04-10-2011, 03:26 AM
Yeah I dunno this new guy, but I'd bet anything that Shank and mike_911 are much bigger fans than some guy who just joined the bbs and just demands the band talks to him.

Come on! This lad has an Offspring song as his nick! Could you find any bigger fans than that?

Jojan
04-10-2011, 04:14 AM
He is saying that he is the first canadian fan of The Offspring.

KHWHD
04-10-2011, 06:32 AM

Hehehe, too funny. :D

samseby
04-10-2011, 09:56 AM
[...] Dexter or Noodles or Greg or Pete, please post something in this saying "Hi ..." or something like that and it will make my day. [...]

That and a jelly donut for me :p.

Just kidding. ;)

brothadave79
04-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Eh, seems like a young kid to me. Needs to just grow up a little bit.

KHWHD
04-10-2011, 10:32 AM
He does have a pretty sweet user name though. :p

Offspring-Junkie
04-10-2011, 10:52 AM
I want a big bottle of gringo bandito. Just because. :D

Llamas
04-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Hehehe, too funny. :D

Hmm? I hope you know there was no sarcasm in my post, just the truth :P

KHWHD
04-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Hmm? I hope you know there was no sarcasm in my post, just the truth :P

I know. Just thought the entire thread was kinda odd. But then again, nothing really surprises me with some of these new users anymore. :D

The Search Button
04-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Yep, he's Canadien. He actually was born and deliberately lives in the country of Canada.

There's a moral obligation associated to his request.

dff_punk
04-10-2011, 02:24 PM
I like the thread title. OMG! They have accounts!!!!!

Apathy
04-10-2011, 04:13 PM
It's not that big of a deal. Asking that they say his name in a message board post isn't exactly going to piss anyone off. They should be delighted that they have fans and I'm sure if they had the time and happened to come across this that they would take the two seconds to say Hi.

Supa
04-10-2011, 08:26 PM
If I were a member of The Offspring, I'd be ashamed that I have fans like you lot that make fun of a newcomer only because he asked that a member give him a shout out. You guys are being major pricks to the guy, he didn't know they were registered here, and was excited and thought he might get a simple hello. He wasn't demanding anything, he actually asked rather nicely. And OBVIOUSLY he's not proclaiming that he's the number one Canadian fan, everyone says that. Come on.

Grow up.

Harleyquiiinn
04-10-2011, 11:45 PM
If I were a member of The Offspring, I'd be ashamed that I have fans like you lot that make fun of a newcomer only because he asked that a member give him a shout out. You guys are being major pricks to the guy, he didn't know they were registered here, and was excited and thought he might get a simple hello. He wasn't demanding anything, he actually asked rather nicely. And OBVIOUSLY he's not proclaiming that he's the number one Canadian fan, everyone says that. Come on.

Grow up.

I completely agree, except for the agressive bits ;)

It's not like this guy strangled a baby dolphin in front of kindergarten kids. He just asked for a "Hi" !

Beheaded
04-11-2011, 01:35 AM
And OBVIOUSLY he's not proclaiming that he's the number one Canadian fan, everyone says that. Come on.

Grow up.
But what about that:

Do it for your #1 Canadian fan.
?

weezly
04-11-2011, 02:54 AM
haahaha funniest thing since the i love vigina tshirt

Beheaded
04-11-2011, 07:37 AM
My Vagina-shirt? :P You still know? Wow...

Supa
04-11-2011, 09:06 AM
But what about that:

?

Because everybody in the world has probably said that before? Regardless, even if he did mean it, it's still no reason to attack like some of these "fans" did.

Truthfully, I'd be ashamed to have fans that act like fifth grade bullies.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2011, 09:31 AM
None of this, on either side, is a big deal. Let's not make it one.

Supa
04-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Thank you.

The Talking Pie
04-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Let me clarify one thing. I am not a 'fan'. Haven't bought an album, seen them in concert or played their music in about ten years.

But seriously; yeah, it's no big deal... until everyone does it. Which they do. Things add up. No one likes being hounded the second they come online. Doesn't anyone remember what it was like when Noodles used to post?

Harleyquiiinn
04-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Let me clarify one thing. I am not a 'fan'. Haven't bought an album, seen them in concert or played their music in about ten years.

But seriously; yeah, it's no big deal... until everyone does it. Which they do. Things add up. No one likes being hounded the second they come online. Doesn't anyone remember what it was like when Noodles used to post?

Well, yeah I do... because he posted last week...

I don't pretend to hold the truth there but fans like this guy probably also existed when he used to post more often... Maybe just like a lot of posters on message boards, he grew tired of it. Why should he be better than any of us ? :)

cool 2 hate 681
04-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Come on! This lad has an Offspring song as his nick! Could you find any bigger fans than that?

you can still be a hardcore fan and have a offspring song in your username:cool:

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2011, 12:57 PM

Ever considered what effect the vast volume of forum negativity might have on the frequency of band members posting?

TheOldMark
04-11-2011, 01:06 PM
i dont think its that they hate this kid's request, its that if they do it for him then 1000 other kids will be like "say hi to meeeeeeeeee!"

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2011, 01:07 PM
And this, you guys, is why the forum has moderators...let us do our jobs and please don't self-regulate new people who are enthusiastic about the band.

The Talking Pie
04-11-2011, 01:20 PM
I just have residual issues from my experience on that side of the fence, talking to Noodles as an enthusiastic fan, back around 2001. He called me a pussy :(

No, seriously.

Krojd
04-11-2011, 03:19 PM
talking to Noodles as an enthusiastic fan, back around 2001. He called me a pussy :(

Now THAT'S an honor!

WebDudette
04-11-2011, 03:46 PM
lol at dis thread.

SelfEsteem94
04-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Since when do the band members have accounts??

Links or it isn't true!!!1!!11!!

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey, can we stop being dicks to new members now? Thanks. Or at the very least, no complaining later that there aren't enough new people here.

NotTheOne_NL
04-12-2011, 04:11 AM
it would be funny when one of the band members reply to this kid:p

Offspring-Junkie
04-12-2011, 05:10 AM
it would be funny when one of the band members reply to this kid:p

This is so true, I wanna see that happen!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-14-2011, 07:00 AM
This is exactly why most famous people don't interact directly with their fans on message boards. They either have to pander to stupid wish fulfilment all the god-damn time or refuse to and look like a dick.

If you people would just stop being so fucking fanatical, we might all be able to enjoy their company as normal human beings.

Your right I should have read that comment before I posted it. I sounded like much more of an idiot than I thought. Yeah I'll delete the thread. I just haven't really had a famous person say anything to me, even if it was online. Can you please give me a little respect that I was just excited that I could have an opportunity for a band member to say hi. Sorry

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-14-2011, 07:03 AM
I want a big bottle of gringo bandito. Just because. :D
Ok ok I'm going to delete this thread. Stop making fun of me. (Even though I did laugh)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-14-2011, 07:04 AM

Grow up.

Thank you. I will grow up to though. I'm just a noob

The Talking Pie
04-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Your right I should have read that comment before I posted it. I sounded like much more of an idiot than I thought. Yeah I'll delete the thread. I just haven't really had a famous person say anything to me, even if it was online. Can you please give me a little respect that I was just excited that I could have an opportunity for a band member to say hi. Sorry

Dude, you don't sound like an idiot. You're an excited fan, I get that. It's good to love something like that. But far too many people make far too many demands of celebrities and that isn't cool.

It's easy to attack someone after one misguided comment; I apologise for being harsh in my words if I offended. But I stand by the sentiment that I expressed. A big fan is his own worst enemy.

Oh, and I was dead serious about that 'Noodles calling me a pussy' thing. It's probably on archive.org somewhere.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Dude, you don't sound like an idiot. You're an excited fan, I get that. It's good to love something like that. But far too many people make far too many demands of celebrities and that isn't cool.

It's easy to attack someone after one misguided comment; I apologise for being harsh in my words if I offended. But I stand by the sentiment that I expressed. A big fan is his own worst enemy.

Oh, and I was dead serious about that 'Noodles calling me a pussy' thing. It's probably on archive.org somewhere.

Thanks for cutting me some slack. I'm going to close the thread now. The reason that I haven't is because I kept forgetting my password. Thanks for helping a noob out and helping me realize my fault. That's pretty cool with the noodles thing.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Um. I'm sorry to ask this but how do you delete a thread? I'm kind of new.

Oxygene
04-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks for cutting me some slack. I'm going to close the thread now. The reason that I haven't is because I kept forgetting my password. Thanks for helping a noob out and helping me realize my fault. That's pretty cool with the noodles thing.

Don't worry about it.. sometimes we're a bit sensitive here

Noodles called me a nuisance btw...

Little_Miss_1565
04-15-2011, 02:00 PM
You don't need to delete the thread. You did nothing wrong, and there's nothing to be ashamed of. :) Everyone's had their moments where they're especially enthusiastic. It sounds like you get it, so...word. Welcome to the forum!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-16-2011, 07:40 PM
You don't need to delete the thread. You did nothing wrong, and there's nothing to be ashamed of. :) Everyone's had their moments where they're especially enthusiastic. It sounds like you get it, so...word. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks. I'll learn how to behave in the forum

holland25
04-17-2011, 03:45 AM
This thread makes me regret that I'm not hanging around as much as I used to.

Supa
04-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Thank you. I will grow up to though. I'm just a noob

Hey, no problem man, no need. You're completely in the right, it's no problem. Now, if you started yelling at them because they didn't talk to you, that would be wrong. Because they aren't on here a lot (only Dexter and Noodles get on semi-semi-semi regularly), and typically don't give shout outs. But you're good. Stick around, this community is a pretty fun one to be in, you just gotta have a good sense of humor about some stuff.

What happened in here though wasn't right and needed to be nipped in the bud. But it's all good now.