PDA

View Full Version : 13 Years Later And...

Picard
04-13-2011, 06:44 AM
My copy of Americana, the first CD I ever bought when I had my first walk-man, finally died. It is a sad day for all, but mostly just for me. Many good times were had listening to that CD, my favourite CD. The boy on the swing, the squid monster, the cigarette in the pie, and Pretty Fly for a White Guy. Those were the days, you know?

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank the Offspring for making such a badass album. I won't lie and say I'm your number one fan, hell, I'm not even a devoted fan of the Offspring past Conspiracy of One (probably my second CD), but I know that your album has influenced my taste in music. And I like to think I have a pretty good one. So thank you.

And this marks the first time that I may actually cry over a broken inanimate object (unless you count the cucumber lodged in my ass, but that's a whole 'nother story), and I will definitely be buying a new copy as soon as I get this cucumber out of my ass. That is all.

Tijs
04-13-2011, 09:50 AM
How do you last 13 years with a CD? I've already ruined 3 copies of Americana and 2 of Conspiracy of One!

Whenever I hear Original Prankster without skipping, it sounds strange to me. When I play the song I know exactly when it will skip to what part.

Free?
04-13-2011, 09:57 AM
How do you last 13 years with a CD? I've already ruined 3 copies of Americana and 2 of Conspiracy of One!

Whenever I hear Original Prankster without skipping, it sounds strange to me. When I play the song I know exactly when it will skip to what part.

Makes me remember my first Americana tape with few seconds of silence in the Americana's (the song) drum intro caused by accidental deletion.

Yes, my first Americana tape was not all legal...

Jojan
04-13-2011, 11:32 AM
I have never broken a CD. Not all of them are int "mint condition", but very close to. The ones that are in worse condition are the ones I have bought via auction websites.

Dexter_italy
04-13-2011, 02:32 PM
I once lost Ignition.. but never broken a cd, always treated them very well :D and now I rarely use original cds in my car...but when I do it I can really hear the difference between original and not!

NotTheOne_NL
04-14-2011, 06:36 AM
the cucumber thing made me really laugh. Too bad for your broken cd man....

hshduppsnt
04-14-2011, 12:15 PM

Not only have I gone through three copies of Ixnay, but they always seem to start skipping the same point in Gone Away.

haha yeah that can't be a coincidence...

Krojd
04-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Even my oldest copy (Ignition cassette) was in pretty good shape in 2002, I've never listened to it since then. CD's are fine (my first Offspring CD was Splinter) but I'm afraid to listen the cassettes.

Jojan
04-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Not only have I gone through three copies of Ixnay, but they always seem to start skipping the same point in Gone Away.

haha yeah that can't be a coincidence...

This reminded me that i actually gave my Ixnay copy away to my cousin just because it did skip on Gone Away. :-S

Tijs
04-15-2011, 02:20 AM
Mine skips at Mota :(

holland25
04-15-2011, 04:41 AM
Well, since the first one I bought was a Smash cassette (in 1997), it's totally unlistenable. It sounds like an alien communication now. Ignition (cassette) is somehow listenable, although the sound volume changes throught the whole album. Offspring and CO1 are listenable, Americana is fine and Ixnay is all messy.

As for CDs, I've lost one copy of Americana back in 2004, I've got a new one now. Selftitled CDs are both alright, although the 2001 reissue is missing a front cover (thanks to some shithead that spilled bear over it in Terchová). Ignition skips during Get It Right and L.A.P.D., Smash is in excellent condition, Ixnay sometimes skips during Gone Away. CO1 plays fine, and Splinter and RAFRAG are in a mint condition.

dexter12296566
04-15-2011, 04:56 AM
I have worn out so many casettes but not any cd's. I don't really take care of my cd's at all... but I do with my Offspring cd's so they are in pretty good condition...

Llamas
04-15-2011, 05:26 AM
Never broken an Offspring CD... I own like 300 CDs, and only once (I think only once...) did a CD get scratched in the wrong way where it stopped playing. Mos of my CDs are in great condition. Cause I was a nerd who took care of them. :)

samseby
04-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Fortunately I only damage / ruin DVDs cause I tend to watch some of them more than once. ;)

personal_loans_1
04-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Once my Offspring - Offspring album got stucked and Dexter kept on repeating "How-how-how-how-how-how-how-how-how-how-how does it feel". Polish dogs bark like this, so that sounded hilarious to me. The best thing out of all those skips and stucks (Know any more appropriate word?) that happen, ever, to my Offspring cd's.

Also, I'd like to add that I hate cardboard cd cases.