PDA

View Full Version : New album coming in 2012?

Alex101
04-20-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm not sure if this is true, but apparently the release date for the new Offspring album has been pushed back... again. This website (http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=72415&view=previous) is listing a 2012 release date for the new album. This kinda makes no sense to me because in the last podcast they said it was likely to be finished before they go to Europe in August, which is only four months away. If the record was finished before the tour, why would they be pushing it back to next year?

Little_Miss_1565
04-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Wouldn't the band be a better source than a website no one I know has ever heard of before?

mrXniick
04-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Wouldn't the band be a better source than a website no one I know has ever heard of before?

This.

Hey, at least Alex has FINALLY moved away from using wikipedia as a source.

@alex-- they never said it would be done before the tour, just that they were starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

danitanev
04-20-2011, 11:30 PM
It's not good to see that light, not at all! ;)

This.

Hey, at least Alex has FINALLY moved away from using wikipedia as a source.

@alex-- they never said it would be done before the tour, just that they were starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

vlado
04-21-2011, 09:24 AM
http://radiotangra.com/?page=news&lng=bg&id=10068

For all the rest... the source http://www.gibson.com/

Outerspaceman21
04-21-2011, 03:29 PM
I went to that website and google translated dexter's name as Dexter NETHERLANDS

ThunderPX
04-21-2011, 03:43 PM
I went to that website and google translated dexter's name as Dexter NETHERLANDS

Well that is the country's proper name

vlado
04-22-2011, 04:08 AM
There are several ways of saying the name of The Netherlsnd. One of them is Holland, like Dexter's family. To avoid translating i wrote the source of the news but i can not open the website gibson.com. Do not know why :confused:

i found streight link - http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/offspring-0421-2011/

Castormut
04-22-2011, 04:45 AM
http://www.zona-zero.net/article16066.html

Llamas
04-22-2011, 05:34 AM
lol, why does Holland even need to be translated in the first place? Holland and Netherlands are both English words...

jsmak84
04-22-2011, 05:57 AM
I felt bad when I saw this post :eek: :D

Tijs
04-22-2011, 09:33 AM
lol, why does Holland even need to be translated in the first place? Holland and Netherlands are both English words...Strictly speaking Holland is only a part of The Netherlands (the provinces North Holland and South Holland to be exact).

I myself don't live in Holland, I live in The Netherlands. I prefer the name Dexter Netherlands :)

Oxygene
04-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Strictly speaking Holland is only a part of The Netherlands (the provinces North Holland and South Holland to be exact).

I myself don't live in Holland, I live in The Netherlands. I prefer the name Dexter Netherlands :)

You mean Dexter the Netherlands to be percise

brothadave79
04-22-2011, 02:17 PM
lol, why does Holland even need to be translated in the first place? Holland and Netherlands are both English words...

Technically his name wasn't translated, they just transliterated it the way it would be pronounced by a Bulgarian speaker.

Alex101
04-22-2011, 03:45 PM
I felt bad when I saw this post :eek: :D
Well, as far as I know, the source I mentioned when I posted this thread was just some kind of thread site. So, the fact that the new album will come out next year may or may not be true. Let's say it's just speculation.

Tijs
04-22-2011, 05:36 PM
You mean Dexter the Netherlands to be perciseYeah but that just sound silly.

D0NT
04-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Amsterdamski man

Bejka
04-23-2011, 09:25 AM
lol, the website is wrong. 2011 = new album; 2012 = end of the world

Nitro Punk
04-23-2011, 12:04 PM
whenever the release date will be , I hope they 'll include songs like pass me by, dirty magic new version ,ring of fire cover and "the Who" cover song.these are the songs I know they have already recorded!

Omni
04-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Well, it's looking like a summer release is (most likely?) out of the question, but there are still over seven months left of the year. Plenty of time to make a record.

Bearzy
04-26-2011, 11:56 PM
I actually reckon it'll be out by august, cuz that's they're starting touring.
it seems weird to do a pretty big tour if noone even knows any new songs.

I hope they release a new dvd in 2012 :D haha wishful thinking.

Angelo
04-27-2011, 12:21 AM
I actually reckon it'll be out by august, cuz that's they're starting touring.
it seems weird to do a pretty big tour if noone even knows any new songs.

I hope they release a new dvd in 2012 :D haha wishful thinking.

I have a feeling that the album won't be out until months later (than August). They've generally (if memory serves) done their own tours to support the release of an album, though they do also play a few new songs on festival tours - I'd imagine this summer/fall's bunch of dates will be the same.

Judging by the last podcast, they're nowhere near as close to being finished as most of us would have hoped they'd be by now - I'd wager they're still actually writing songs - so I just can't see them speeding things up and releasing anything within the next five or six months. I do, however, hope I'm wrong in making that assumption.

I can't wait to hear all that they've come up with! I'm really hoping for a fair amount of speed on this album (Trust In You anyone?). Oh, and I would also love to hear Dexter revisit some of his middle eastern influences (be it vocal or instrumental).

How about you guys? Any specific ideas as to what you're hoping for? And this is not an invitation to start shitting on the songs that you don't like... I'm asking for what you do like! ;)

Bearzy
04-27-2011, 12:38 AM
I don't think they're still writing songs. Remember last year dexter said his new years resolution was to have the album done by march, which it wasn't but i don't think he would've said that unless they were a good way through. It probaly wont be done for ages but i don't think it's to far off.

In regards to what i'd like to hear, i would love some old style songs like they did on the stuff they did on ignition and smash, i reckon that'd be awesome. But i'd be happy with anything at this point:)

Angelo
04-27-2011, 08:16 AM
I suppose I should have said that I don't think they're done with the writing process - Again, I'd bet that they haven't got all of the parts/ideas to each song complete (by a long shot). In other words, there's more than simply recording specific tracks that's separating where they are now and the completion of the album.

And if this record is being recorded like the last one appears to have been, then anything new that Dexter brings to the table is also being scrutinized by Bob, leading to more time "writing/tweaking" those ideas - thus leading to a longer wait.

Listen again to the podcast if you must. Knowing what we know of Dexter (and his predictions versus the reality of the bands' studio habits the past couple of albums) I'd say the album is nowhere near done (in any capacity). Again, somewhat disappointing (only because it's hard to wait for something you want so badly) but at the same time I'm hoping it means we get another song or two and that the band is spending a decent amount of time trying to come up with cool ideas as well as polish those very ideas. :)

Note: Reading what I've written above I feel like I have to "save face" by following up with: I fucking LOVE this band! I'm not complaining, I'm simply trying to be realistic about how the progress of their recording has been going - given the info we've been told and what we know of how the band "works" ...

I'm as eager as anyone else for the album to be released - I'd say more so, but I know I'd get an argument from most of my fellow Offspring fans ;)

I wanted to clarify so it didn't appear to anyone (fellow fans or the band themselves - in the off chance they're perusing this corner of the BBS) that I'm ungrateful or complaining.

I just had another idea as to what I'd like to hear on the album!! I want one song (and one song alone) to be abso-fucking-lutely covered in cowbell!! I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!

Sofinch
05-02-2011, 08:11 AM
They Maya's, The Puebla Indians, The Zulu's, Nostradamus and many more predicted there will something seriously happen in 2012. Something that could kill all of us...
...well I always die a little when the Offspring releases a new album...

Alex101
05-25-2011, 08:28 PM
lol, the website is wrong. 2011 = new album; 2012 = end of the world
And after 2012 = nothing? lol