PDA

View Full Version : Tarot predicted to me: The new offspring album upcoming and increase on sales.

Sefalobe_theoffspring
04-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi guys, Tarot Cards predicted to me about the New Offspring Album and said they will be increase on sales. The upcoming about new material is coming up on autumm fall.

The cards predicts increase on sales about "the new":

CERTIFICATIONS AND PEAK RANKINGS: "THE OFFSPRING 2011/12"

Country Chart Position Certification Sales
Argentina 3 2x Platinum 80.000
Austria 1 5x Platinum 100.000
Australia 1 9x Platinum 630.000
Brazil 1 3x Platinum 120.000
Belgium 7 Platinum 30.000
Canada 2 Diamond 800.000
Chile 12 Gold 5.000
China 4 4x Platinum 80.000
Colombia 5 Platinum 10.000
Denmark 3 Gold 10.000
Ecuador - - 1.500
Finland 8 6x Platinum 120.000
France 3 Platinum 100.000
Germany 2 Platinum 200.000
Greece 2 Gold 3.000
Italy 7 Platinum 60.000
Japan 1 Diamond 1.000.000
México 1 Gold 30.000
Netherlands 1 Gold 25.000
New Zealand 1 4x Platinum 60.000
Paraguay - - 500
Perú - - 600
Polonia 16 Gold 10.000
Portugal 27 Gold 10.000
Russia 11 Gold 5.000
South Korea - - 1.000
Spain 8 Gold 30.000
Sweden 2 Platinum 40.000
Swiss 2 2x Platinum 60.000
Turkey 9 - 12.000
United Kingdom 1 5x Platinum 1.500.000
USA 1 4x Platinum 4.000.000
Uruguay 9 Platinum 4.000
Venezuela 10 Gold 5.000
SouthAfrica - Gold 20.000

WorlWide Sales: +9.162.600 (+9 Million)

;):)

Just FUNNNNN!!!!

FUNNNYYY!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Please don´t close the thread... continue...

Jojan
04-22-2011, 04:42 PM
No, please close it. This BBS is a fascist state.

Free?
04-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Hey, I actually find it fun to have a forum fortune-teller. What do cards say about chances the band coming to my country?

Omni
04-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Haha, most pop albums don't even go 4x platinum in the US anymore. I'm still upset RaFRaG didn't quite reach Gold (and it's looking like it never will). It's a quality album, Gold wasn't at all unreasonable.

In all honesty, the next album will probably undersell the current one. I'm aiming for 250,000.

ThunderPX
04-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Dutch people don't have good enough taste to let the Offspring get to #1.

(This is where I'd link to our current album charts, but momentarily there's some half-decent stuff and Foo Fighters in there so it wouldn't be a good example)

bouncingcoles
04-23-2011, 11:19 PM
the next album will probably sell worse in large part because album sales are plummeting more every year. plus the offspring arent exactly all that relevant anymore

cool 2 hate 681
04-24-2011, 12:00 AM
the next album will probably sell worse in large part because album sales are plummeting more every year. plus the offspring arent exactly all that relevant anymore

that is probably due to the fact that they don't tour as much as other bands

Outerspaceman21
04-24-2011, 10:39 PM
I mostly blame it on the state of the record industry. People don't care about music anymore and treat it like a novelty imo. With the popularity of you're gonna go far, kid, Raf,Rag would have easily reached multi-platinum status if this was fifteen years ago. People don't care about albums, just songs they happen to hear on the radio.

bouncingcoles
04-24-2011, 11:28 PM
I mostly blame it on the state of the record industry. People don't care about music anymore and treat it like a novelty imo. With the popularity of you're gonna go far, kid, Raf,Rag would have easily reached multi-platinum status if this was fifteen years ago. People don't care about albums, just songs they happen to hear on the radio.

the sales of albums as a whole have plummeted but you can still compare the sales of the RAFRAG to other rock albums that came out around the same time and get an idea of the success of the album which wasnt much despite YGGFK.

jacknife737
04-24-2011, 11:48 PM
What is relevancy anyways? It's certainly not measurable any any quantitative or qualitative form: is it just another term for popularity or perhaps the albums ability to impact contemporary pop-culture? Regardless, it is a meaningless term.

Rock music, and particularly pop-punk, in general hasn't been all that popular in recent years. I could certainly name a bunch of punk albums that came out in 2008, but as far as mainstream rock stuff, there's what, Cold Play's Viva La Vida?

Outerspaceman21
04-25-2011, 12:34 AM
the sales of albums as a whole have plummeted but you can still compare the sales of the RAFRAG to other rock albums that came out around the same time and get an idea of the success of the album which wasnt much despite YGGFK.

True. Offspring really aren't as popular as they were 15-20 years ago, mostly because they were never really the band that cared about their own popularity in the media and spotlight, which is one of the reasons why I admire them. They could have whored themselves like Fall Out Boy (whom I think were really popular at the time, I can't remember 2008 too much), but they didn't. I still think that, if bootlegging wasn't a problem on album sales, RafRag sales would have been significantly higher, possible matching Americana or Smash status, but thats just my opinion.

Omni
04-25-2011, 05:15 PM

RaFRaG sold at least 310,000. Some of the biggest names in rock music also released albums that year or next year, and only went Gold. Weezer's red album only sold like 440,000. The Creed album sold about as much. Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains only went Gold. RaFRaG outsold the new Stone Temple Pilots record. These are all huge names with a history of multiplatinum albums. The Offspring are nearly as relevant as those bands if you go by album sales. The album and singles charted magnificently.

Rock music, and particularly pop-punk, in general hasn't been all that popular in recent years. I could certainly name a bunch of punk albums that came out in 2008, but as far as mainstream rock stuff, there's what, Cold Play's Viva La Vida?

Viva La Vida and Nickelback's Dark Horse. Nickelback is the most popular rock band right now, and has been for half a decade at least. Dark Horse is 3x platinum and still on the charts. From what, November 2008?

Edit: Just did some research. Only 13 albums in 2010 sold a million units or more. And the biggest sale the entire year was 3 million (Eminem's "Recovery")

jacknife737
04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
RaFRaG sold at least 310,000. Some of the biggest names in rock music also released albums that year or next year, and only went Gold. Weezer's red album only sold like 440,000. The Creed album sold about as much. Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains only went Gold. RaFRaG outsold the new Stone Temple Pilots record. These are all huge names with a history of multiplatinum albums. The Offspring are nearly as relevant as those bands if you go by album sales. The album and singles charted magnificently.

RAFRAG charted at like #9 on the Billboard charts, which isn't bad when compared to Splinter at #30.

And wasn't Hammerhead their highest charting debut single? And Kristy got top 40 airplay.

It's not as if the band was non-existent in the media at the time.

Llamas
05-05-2011, 10:34 AM
I really hate the direction the music industry is headed. I agree a lot with Outerspaceman's post; people don't take music seriously and treat it like candy, not like art. I think itunes was a huge part of this, with how they started selling individual songs. People have stopped caring about albums, and it makes me sad when people ask for individual songs. Something huge is gonna happen to the music industry in the next few years... don't think it'll ever be the same. And I'm sure the Offspring's next album won't outsell RFRG.

Omni
05-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, the album format slowly being wrecked (I think it'll always be around in some physical form for collectors, just not anything like it used to be) is a good thing in some respects. How often do we hear a cool song on the radio and buy the album only to find out it doesn't have any other good songs? Still, there is a lot of good music you won't hear on the radio in albums.

I'm excited and curious to see what's about to happen in the music industry. The idea of a record deal is almost nonexistent these days - or the bands will at least not get paid as handsomely. I still say they're going to have to rethink the way they certify bands, or at least add a Silver award for 250,000 and maybe a Bronze for 100,000 or something.

Although the next album won't outsell RaF,RaG, there's a good chance it'll chart higher, and there's a good chance one or more singles will receive Gold certification. The newest Cage the Elephant album peaked at #2 on the Billboard and it only sold 39,000 copies it's first week. Pretty sad, but hey, maybe the Offspring have a #1 album in them yet, huh?

arnold161
05-05-2011, 12:22 PM
I don't think that Rise and Fall was selling so badly, at least unlike splinter. Official site says album debuted on n.1 in Japan, 3 in Australia and 10 in US, which is quite good don't you think? Certainly better than here in Czech where even YGGFK wasn't playing in the radio...i definitely believe that new album could outsell Rise and Fall, not saying it happens but one never knows...and as it seems so far (at least in France), there could be some more interest about the band - 4 single gigs and one on festival (but Nimes is actually single show too..) means that people buying tickets, Offspring always seemed to me quite modest in this kind of way, so they wouldn't do too many (huge looking) shows if people would not show up..

D0NT
06-02-2011, 08:41 PM
que chistoso ke sos viejo! vienen a BsAs tambien? tocan MAS DE UNA HORA?:o