PDA

View Full Version : This group is dead

markbnlv
04-23-2011, 04:30 AM
No one wants to hear 45 year old men sing about teen drama,time to grow and expand,honestly after ixnay i quit listening they sold out to the big record labels and started producing crap,but then again you had a bunch of highly smart individuals faking there style completely god bless em they made millions while us poor minions felt like they related to us,but in reality dexter was a valedictorian and a genius in molecular biology,if i would have known this in 92 i would have never started listening,because they are fake.something that used to mean something.

Castormut
04-23-2011, 04:46 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EpQRYSc12b0/SUbSXxVLm1I/AAAAAAAAABk/zS6c_SDrqWw/s400/thanks-for-the-info.jpg

Supa
04-23-2011, 05:51 AM
No one wants to hear 45 year old men sing about teen drama,time to grow and expand,honestly after ixnay i quit listening they sold out to the big record labels and started producing crap,but then again you had a bunch of highly smart individuals faking there style completely god bless em they made millions while us poor minions felt like they related to us,but in reality dexter was a valedictorian and a genius in molecular biology,if i would have known this in 92 i would have never started listening,because they are fake.something that used to mean something.

Please leave.

personal_loans_1
04-23-2011, 06:05 AM
2 posts should be enough. Geez, you're amazing!

holland25
04-23-2011, 06:16 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2011, 06:51 AM
With such sophisticated views about not being able to express any authentic truth about yourself in music if you're smart and well-educated, I imagine you must be super fun to be around in your everyday life.

http://caristewart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/dawson-crying.jpg

Free?
04-23-2011, 07:04 AM
They did grow up and expand. With each album, in fact. Stop your teen drama plz.

Oxygene
04-23-2011, 08:39 AM

So who are all those people at the shows if no one wants to hear bla bla bla?

who are you?

Bejka
04-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Haha, what about other band and "artists"? We can spend out lives talking about how bad other music is. If you don't like Offspring, listen to Britney Spears ;)

The Talking Pie
04-23-2011, 04:49 PM
So they should 'expand', but they also shouldn't have sold out? Good luck reconciling those two, kiddies!

SMASHedTHEignition
04-23-2011, 04:51 PM
hahaha your a sad cunt !

ThunderPX
04-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Surprisingly successful troll is surprisingly successful!

brothadave79
04-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Less than four months ago, you posted this:

Just found this site pretty cool.i have been a fan for almost 20 years actually broke my first bone at 11 in the Ignition tour moshpit.

What an epiphany you must have had.

markbnlv
04-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Less than four months ago, you posted this:

What an epiphany you must have had.

I still like there first few albums,even if was all propoganda,anyway pretty fly for a white guy is not exactly expanding your musical range,its selling out plain and simple.

Bearzy
04-24-2011, 12:03 AM
I also noticed in one of your past posts, you said you're a huge fan.
you're not exactly a huge fan if you quit listening after ixnay and accuse them of selling out.
Also how did they sell out considering they turned down offers to go on the late show and ricci lake.

brothadave79
04-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Of course after 3 or 4 successful albums things are bound to change,they are no longer 20 somethings trying to make it,they are grown men in there 40s,so inevitbly things are going to be different.I myself am a fan of the older work and rarely listen to albums after Ixnay,but thats not saying its bad,its just not the music from them i like.will that keep me from going to there shows fuck no i will be at the next one like i was at the 10 before.

Again, this is from a few months ago and is very different than what you're saying now. What happened?

Dexter_italy
04-24-2011, 01:05 AM
How can you say they're dead? news would have talked about it... was it a car carsh? a plane accident? earthquake, tsunami, colera... what?

jacknife737
04-24-2011, 01:41 AM
I still like there first few albums,even if was all propoganda,anyway pretty fly for a white guy is not exactly expanding your musical range,its selling out plain and simple.

Wait, people still complaining that Pretty Fly isn't "punk enough"?

Did I somehow travel back in time to 1998?

RonWelty
04-24-2011, 02:30 AM
they were all abducted by Aliens. They needed a Punk-Rock band in Planet 3xy69SHIT

Oxygene
04-24-2011, 03:26 AM
wow you are so l33t for knowing them since igntion.. can I touch you please? All this stuff pisses me off so much... and you're about 14 years too late anyway.

Greekoldfan
04-24-2011, 03:39 AM
Haha, what about other band and "artists"? We can spend out lives talking about how bad other music is. If you don't like Offspring, listen to Britney Spears ;)

that's right.if jim morrisson and kurt cobain were still alive i'm 100% sure that people like you,could call them sellouts and also that they repeat themselves

Amiralanal
04-24-2011, 05:26 AM
no one wants to hear 45 year old men sing about teen drama,time to grow and expand,honestly after ixnay i quit listening they sold out to the big record labels and started producing crap,but then again you had a bunch of highly smart individuals faking there style completely god bless em they made millions while us poor minions felt like they related to us,but in reality dexter was a valedictorian and a genius in molecular biology,if i would have known this in 92 i would have never started listening,because they are fake.something that used to mean something.

fuck you get the fuck out of here!!!!!

Rooster
04-24-2011, 06:40 AM
Gotta ask Noodles if he and the rest are really dead. It would be pretty cool if you ask me. Think about it, how many times can you buy a posthumous album that was actually recorded by the band members themselves after they'd already died? And how cool would they look on the stage, all corpsey and shit, their rotting flesh hanging from their arms...

StayInTheHouseCarl
04-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Gotta ask Noodles if he and the rest are really dead. It would be pretty cool if you ask me. Think about it, how many times can you buy a posthumous album that was actually recorded by the band members themselves after they'd already died? And how cool would they look on the stage, all corpsey and shit, their rotting flesh hanging from their arms...

Exactly! I would be so down to see a zombie band. They could out-Misfit the Misfits.

Little_Miss_1565
04-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Exactly! I would be so down to see a zombie band. They could out-Misfit the Misfits.

Please god yes. Do this. Immediately.

Krojd
04-24-2011, 12:35 PM

Ready or not, here they come, IT'S ZOMBIE TIME!

codberg
04-24-2011, 03:20 PM
This needs to be closed and he needs to be banned.

Outerspaceman21
04-24-2011, 09:32 PM
So they should 'expand', but they also shouldn't have sold out? Good luck reconciling those two, kiddies!

This. Nothing can stay gold. You either break up, die or sell out. I'm 21 and I've come to that fact. You need to grow up dude.

Forza
04-25-2011, 12:45 PM

You somewhat have a point in some parts of your post (about the music becoming worse over the years), but most of your post is rather trollish. Just listen to the old albums if you prefer those, no-one is forcing you to listen to the newer stuff.

Walfri
04-25-2011, 01:14 PM

do you know what propaganda is?
propaganda is publicity but just for politic and religion! no more!
you stupid!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-25-2011, 02:10 PM

That made me laugh.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-25-2011, 02:17 PM
why are you even on this website as a member if you are not a fan? Well I guess you did say that you were a huge fan, but you just think they suck and no one wants to listen to them. Can you please explain your thoughts on the band clearly; I am kind of confused.

weezly
04-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Wait, people still complaining that Pretty Fly isn't "punk enough"?

Did I somehow travel back in time to 1998? = this was the best comment ever!!!

samseby
04-26-2011, 07:12 AM

Gorgeous ...
Well, like they say:
Envy must be earned ;)

Your point is?
Being smart and being successful with what you do, getting older and trying to be good at what you do doesn't work? :p

DUKENT
04-26-2011, 12:03 PM
They can sing about whatever the fuck they want to. It's their music you stupid dumb shit goddamn motherfucker!

Romba
04-29-2011, 01:01 AM
Woke up about two hours ago with a hangover. Mind the fact I live in Europe. Not really a fan, tough I've got all the albums prior to 2000 on compact discs (they're all original, you sony people can relax), which was a bit of a bitch getting my hands on due to the fact I live in Croatia. But never mind.

Just wanted to say that John Lennon is also dead.
So is Jerry Garcia.
That fact doesn't stop me from saying that Pay the Man is the Working Class Hero of our generation (or at least it should be).

Can't believe I went through all the BS of registering but I just felt like sharing that thought with people who still do care about music and each other.

And by the mf way:
B. B. King is 85 and
Pete Seeger's 91

And you know what?

They still rock!

Peace sisters and brethern.

Chris Angel
04-29-2011, 03:51 AM

Buddy the link you have given here in your post is not working..!!!
I tried to open it but got an error message of "Database error"..I guess the link is dead or I have a slow internet connection so please check it yourself and then repost the link..!!!

Oxygene
04-29-2011, 05:04 AM
which was a bit of a bitch getting my hands on due to the fact I live in Croatia. But never mind.

Yeah um.... no. But whateva

markbnlv
05-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Its called having an opinion,quit trying to hold me down nazis.

markbnlv
05-08-2011, 10:07 PM
why are you even on this website as a member if you are not a fan? Well I guess you did say that you were a huge fan, but you just think they suck and no one wants to listen to them. Can you please explain your thoughts on the band clearly; I am kind of confused.

They were good when there music was relevant it no longer is,recently i was bored so i listened to Splinter what a horrible album i cannot believe people bought that crap.They should stop recording new music and just play there hits,then maybe i will start going to there shows again.

Thomas
05-08-2011, 10:10 PM

Having an opinion doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it. This website belongs to the band. It is extremely disrespectful to say things like this on this website. And who, exactly, are you speaking to, here? The band? They don't give a rat's ass about your opinion. The members here? We are all fans so no one cares what you have to say. You're wasting your time here and making yourself look like an idiot.

/feeding the troll

Al Coholic
05-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Markbleh or whatever hit it on the nose. I mean, Smash was allready kinda suspect, with all its radio played singles. Then came Ixnay, and that was kinda sellouty, but not really quite there yet. After that though, they sold out like condoms at a navybase whorehouse.

And the thing about Dexter, as he stated, is he's a microbiologist and valedictorian. I, on the other hand, am kind of dumb. NOT ONLY did he pretend to relate to us regular guys, but he used all those booksmarts to con us into buying music.

danitanev
05-09-2011, 12:37 AM

Hi, I don't really care about what you think - The Offspring are great and even if they look old (I think they look at least normal) - their spirit is always young and in touch with our time - so you probably got up today with your ass up first and now you're just trying to argue with us! You're free not to like them or to like them - it's your choice - but you don't have to mess with us!

holland25
05-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Buddy the link you have given here in your post is not working..!!!
I tried to open it but got an error message of "Database error"..I guess the link is dead or I have a slow internet connection so please check it yourself and then repost the link..!!!

There are two options:

1. You are a bot
2. Nothing else...

Oxygene
05-09-2011, 02:10 AM

It's called being a douche...

samseby
05-09-2011, 03:50 AM
You certainly know the saying:
Those reported dead live longer :p

Honestly! I'm kind of tired of these sell-out discussions and personal background talks. Ever taken into consideration that it might be about music and that's what matters?

My suggestions:
a) Don't like the music - don't listen to it! As easy as that ;)
b) Go find yourself a band that according to your standards doesn't sell out and whose members you can relate to.

Oxygene
05-09-2011, 05:47 AM
You certainly know the saying:
Those reported dead live longer :p

Honestly! I'm kind of tired of these sell-out discussions and personal background talks. Ever taken into consideration that it might be about music and that's what matters?

My suggestions:
a) Don't like the music - don't listen to it! As easy as that ;)
b) Go find yourself a band that according to your standards doesn't sell out and whose members you can relate to.

What would be the point of that? That would be sane, and rational, and smart...

samseby
05-10-2011, 06:06 AM
Now that you mention it :D

Offspring-Junkie
05-10-2011, 12:29 PM
There are two options:

1. You are a bot
2. Nothing else...

And he's not the only bot there.

ThunderPX
05-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah, it's time I admitted it. I've secretly been a bot all along.

F@ BANKZ
05-12-2011, 09:03 PM
No one wants to hear 45 year old men sing about teen drama,time to grow and expand.

millions and millions of people? :s

bouncingcoles
05-12-2011, 09:42 PM
can people stop posting in this thread so it goes away please

Oxygene
05-13-2011, 04:47 AM
can people stop posting in this thread so it goes away please
no