PDA

View Full Version : Aug19 Pukkelpop festival - Belgium

Isti
04-25-2011, 10:50 PM
TheOffspring will play on the Pukkelpop festival on 19th of august!!!

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
04-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Fuckin' awesome !! I live in that area so I'm looking forward to it ! Also the Foo Fighters will play there the day before! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

MAXTER
04-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Awesome! I would like to go there! :)
Why The Offspring are with Eminem on the same day???? :O

Oxygene
04-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Awesome! I would like to go there! :)
Why The Offspring are with Eminem on the same day???? :O

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?!? OMG ... OMG OMG.. I've been waiting to see Eminem again ever since he made it big.. fuck this is awesome and NFG and Bouncing Souls!!!.. OMG!!! This IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! SO AWESOME!!!

Isti
04-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Original Prankster or SIFU with Eminem ?! hehe :p that would be EPIC

MAXTER
04-26-2011, 01:54 AM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?!? OMG ... OMG OMG.. I've been waiting to see Eminem again ever since he made it big.. fuck this is awesome and NFG and Bouncing Souls!!!.. OMG!!! This IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! SO AWESOME!!!

Sorry, but I don't know that eminem shows are so cool... I've never seen an Eminem show.. Sincerely, I don't like a lot that genre of music...
It's a shame couldn't see before Eminem an then Offspring...
However, I will glad to attend a new music experience (The Offspring + Eminem)
Oxy, I believe in your words,
so I'm sure, we will have great time! :)

walterschen
04-26-2011, 02:53 AM
Oh man, I hope they're coming to Lowlands too. It's my favorite festival, it's already sold out and ive got a ticket!

Oxygene
04-26-2011, 03:00 AM
Sorry, but I don't know that eminem shows are so cool... I've never seen an Eminem show.. Sincerely, I don't like a lot that genre of music...
It's a shame couldn't see before Eminem an then Offspring...
However, I will glad to attend a new music experience (The Offspring + Eminem)
Oxy, I believe in your words,
so I'm sure, we will have great time! :)

I saw him in 1999 at warped before he was big, but who gave a fuck about a white rapper?
I already have the plane tickets and hotels booked for both swiss and this.. although my flight from bud to swiss still isn't booked.. since I don't know when and how I would come back to Hungary during the weekend...

Arrg this is aggrevating!!!

Tijs
04-26-2011, 04:42 AM
This is awesome! Definitely gonna try to be there, huh Maxter? :D

And yeah Eminem would be awesome to see live aswell!

ThunderPX
04-26-2011, 06:55 AM
Fuck yes, finally a good lineup in this festival season for something that I can actually go to. I'm definitely going.

samseby
04-26-2011, 07:34 AM
;) This is awesome, Friday and only 200 km to drive :p

So Area 4 could still be possible too :)

Harleyquiiinn
04-26-2011, 08:13 AM

lol, I just pictured you dressed as a pre-teenage girl going to a Justin Bieber concert :D

But I agree, Eminem live must be awesome.

Oxygene
04-26-2011, 08:59 AM
lol, I just pictured you dressed as a pre-teenage girl going to a Justin Bieber concert :D

But I agree, Eminem live must be awesome.

I really don't wanna know what kinda of shit gets you off... :cool:

bouncingcoles
04-26-2011, 10:48 PM
im pretty sure eminem only plays like the first quarter of every song live. i guess so he can fit more songs into the set list. but i think thats just stupid and annoying. id rather see fewer songs played but hear the entire songs

Oxygene
04-27-2011, 06:35 AM
im pretty sure eminem only plays like the first quarter of every song live. i guess so he can fit more songs into the set list. but i think thats just stupid and annoying. id rather see fewer songs played but hear the entire songs

that does sound stupid.. I may have to kick his ass, if that's true :)

chris9012
04-28-2011, 01:37 PM
I bought my ticket yesterday. Ticket just for friday (with campside thursday-friday-saturday). It's been 2 year since my last (and first) Offspring-concert at Huntenpop.
So excited!!

Oxygene
05-16-2011, 05:50 AM
this may have been moved to saturday

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FUCK

I HAD EVERYTHING BOOKED

Oxygene
05-16-2011, 05:56 AM
correction
IT WAS MOVED TO SATURDAY...
fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

05-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Yes it has been moved to saturday ! Too bad for you dude...

05-16-2011, 08:47 AM
But hey, they're headlinder for saturday now! It would be fucked up if they had to play before eminem

samseby
05-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Thank God I haven't ordered yet. Maybe I should wait another week or two or even longer ...
Someone should better update the website asap :p

Oxygene
05-16-2011, 09:40 AM
But hey, they're headlinder for saturday now! It would be fucked up if they had to play before eminem

what the fuck!!!!!!!!!

chris9012
05-16-2011, 11:15 AM
I bought my ticket the first day, now they're moved to the saturday. I just sent a mail to info@pukkelpop.be a minute ago. Hope they can change my friday into a saturday ticket.
Else I've got to buy the extra ticket, which in total would cost more then a ticket for all 3 days.

It could be a great way to sell out a complete festival with just one good band. When saturday is sold out, move The Offspring to Thursday :P

ThunderPX
05-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Actually, Thursday is sold out, not Friday.

Tijs
05-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Sucks for you Oxy. But like I said, if you need anything from me, anything at all, don't hesitate to ask. A lift from Pukkelpop to Lowlands, a place to spend the night between the two days, you can stay with us. No problem.

Oxygene
05-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Sucks for you Oxy. But like I said, if you need anything from me, anything at all, don't hesitate to ask. A lift from Pukkelpop to Lowlands, a place to spend the night between the two days, you can stay with us. No problem.

It's more complicated than that... first off, if pukklepop hadn't been scheduled to be on the 19th I wouldn't've booked switzerland.. at all. I would've flown Friday to dusseldorf and back monday for less than 100 euros. Instead of the 200 I am paying to fly budapest-frankfurt-geneva then dusseldorf-budapest, second I have an early flight, easyjet at 10am, which means I will get 4 hours of sleep and will have to fly to brussels, when infact I now have no business in belgium, OR I need to forfeit my plane tickets.. I have to get an extra night of hotel in hasselt, which is 160 euros plus, and I get to see offspring on a day, when NO INTERESTING BAND is playing.. if I go on Friday to see bands that make sense I have to spend a fuckload of money on tickets for me and my gf ... but oh no wait, she's probably not going to come, 'cause she can't handle traveling from one show to another without getting enough rest in between.. so the money I spent on her plane tickets goes down the toilet.. all in all I would've probably saved around 500 euros if this had been announced in time.. which is A LOT of money for me :( fucking hell

Oxygene
05-17-2011, 01:14 AM
Oh well...

Life's tough.. get a helmet, right? :)

Thanks for the offer to help Tijs I really appreciate it.. I'll just probably go to Pukklepop on Friday

Oxygene
05-17-2011, 04:47 AM
The reschedule seemed worse at first.. it didn't make my gf change her mind, plus lowlands isn't a far drive away.. I guess all I really lose is the extra day of hotel, but I'll book one for that night that's cheaper and further out, so I'll try and juggle it..
Still would've done it differently had I known ahead.. grrr ...

But this should be the biggest of my griefs...

Tijs
05-17-2011, 08:23 AM
For those of you who bought a ticket especially for Friday: you can contact the festival and request to change your Friday-ticket into a Saturday-ticket. Other than that there's little that can be done.
Contact them here: servicedesk@pptickets.be

Life's tough.. get a helmet, right? :)That's a cool way to look at it. Things like this happen sometimes, better make the best out of it.

Zee, Ala and me met up in Warsaw to see Sum 41 play last year, but the show got cancelled. Happens, sucks, had a good time anyway :)

Though of course it didn't really end up costing us extra money and a messed up schedule.. :s

sortmanSly
05-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Omg, i heard it from my sister they've changed of date.
And today on school, all the time i was thinking about The Offspring and the date change. And when i've got home i've send a e-mail to servicedesk@pptickets.be . Hope they will change the ticket or i will be sad... .

sortmanSly
05-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Thank God I haven't ordered yet. Maybe I should wait another week or two or even longer ...
Someone should better update the website asap :p

I should buy the ticket. The thursday tickets are already sold-out!

sortmanSly
05-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Problem solved!! My ticket is now a saturday!

YourKing
05-18-2011, 02:52 PM
I always wanted to see Rise Against, Yellowcard and The Offspring live and they are all coming to pukkelpop, what are the changes :cool: Bought my tickets today :D

offspringfan01
05-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Woohoo!! I'm soooo there :D:D
I will finally see them again after the awesome show at huntenpop in 2009!:)

chris9012
08-18-2011, 11:40 AM
A bad storm has hit the festival. Tents have collapsed, there's people wounded. Today the program is stopped.

The official website doesn't say anything yet.

I planned on going tomorrow.... I wander what they're gonna do.

Update: 1 death, possibly 6...

Tijs
08-18-2011, 12:25 PM
A press conference is currently being held, but little has been said now, only very early speculations by media. The entire festival might get cancelled, or altered to only the main stage and secondary stage.
Was listening to a live interview on TV just now and it said that everything is still very unclear about everything.

Tijs
08-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Video of the storm. Quite heavy, especially for these parts of the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ZqrigZdv8

Llamas
08-18-2011, 01:07 PM
oh my god... well first off, 4 people dead from the stage falling... wtf is going on this summer??

Second off, those poor, poor people who traveled there from far and are camping at the festival. They're not gonna have any tents still standing to sleep in, and all their shit is going to be destroyed.

MAXTER
08-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Video of the storm. Quite heavy, especially for these parts of the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ZqrigZdv8

wtf! :(
R.I.P. for those people who died there today

Tijs
08-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Official numbers now are two death (one on festival terrain, one on camping terrain) and 40 injured.

Beheaded
08-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Holy shit!
R.I.P.

I wanted to go there to, because tomorrow is my birthday and Offspring should play there (before they were changing the lineup) on 19 august. Holy fuck!

HOPE ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE ARE OKAY!:(

samseby
08-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Just heard it too - terrible.

jacknife737
08-18-2011, 02:30 PM
It's tragic.

I admit, when i checked my twittteer news feed, and this came up, i got a little worried for a split second since i immediately thought to myself "aren't the offspring playing this?"....

Gustavo
08-18-2011, 02:43 PM
This is really tragic. :(

That isn't the first stage crash this year, wtf is going on?

Tijs, do you have more specifics on what they said during the press conference?

danitanev
08-18-2011, 03:02 PM
R.I.P. for those guys that were out there, fans like us, that are no more between us.

The website still says The Offspring are playing on 20th of August - what is the truth -19th or 20th?! Probably the Pukkelpop it's going to be cancelled.

Beheaded
08-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Pukkelpop IS cancelled.

Offspring got their place on 20th. They changed it from 19th to 20th in April, May or June. Don't know.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
08-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Wow this just passed on TV here in Argentina ! I can't believe it !

I mean this could happen to any of us here. It's just terrible.

dr.vanessa
08-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Oh no!:( R.I.P to those who are gone!!!!I trully hope the rest guys will be ok!

RonWelty
08-18-2011, 04:27 PM
It is much probable considering this year financial losses plus expenses plus more money they will probably have to pay if there are any lawsuits against organization, that Pukkelpop may end. This is an economical nuking to Pukkelpop's owners.

(yes, destruction and deaths are even worse, I know....)

Tijs
08-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Pukkelpop IS NOT cancelled. Tonight is obviously cancelled, but the official websites states that the festival will continue tomorrow at 11AM at the earliest. Be it with a adjusted schedule of course, seeing as two stages got destroyed to the point of no use. The mainstage, where The Offspring will play and close the festival on Saturday, is still - mostly - intact.

It's a bit weird that the festival will continue in my opinion. Usually these things get cancelled for stuff like this so I expected it too, as like many media. But the official websites mentions a continuation tomorrow, as well as other news sites.

http://www.pukkelpop.be/en/blog/pay-your-respects-1484

"We will clean up the grounds tonight and ensure that everything is safe again so that we can start tomorrow at 11 am with a new start for Pukkelpop 2011."

http://www.hbvl.be/nieuws/media-en-cultuur/aid1070997/drie-doden-na-hevig-onweer-boven-pukkelpop-alle-optredens-vandaag-afgelast-2.aspx

"In samenspraak met de artiesten heeft de organisatie besloten om de optredens van donderdagavond niet meer te laten doorgaan. Pas vrijdag om 11 uur gaan de poorten terug open. Dan zal het festival opnieuw verdergaan, zij het met een aangepast programma."
translation: "After speaking to the artists the organisation has decided to cancel the shows for Thursday evening. On Friday at 11 the gates will open again. The festival will continue, be it with an adjusted schedule."

http://www.nu.nl/buitenland/2593119/pukkelpop-gaat-vrijdag-en-zaterdag.html

"Na het drama door het noodweer donderdag op Pukkelpop waarbij drie doden zijn gevallen, wil de organisatie vrijdag en zaterdag wel zoveel mogelijk concerten door laten gaan.
Wel zal het programma er anders uitzien en zullen er veel verschuivingen plaatsvinden. Er wordt de hele nacht doorgewerkt om een aantal podia klaar te maken."
translation: "After the drama caused by the heavy weather Thursday at Pukkelpop which caused 3 deaths, the organisation wants to continue as many concerts as possible in Friday and Saturday.
The schedule will look very different and many shifts will take place. All night people shall work on getting some stages ready again."

http://www.standaard.be/artikel/detail.aspx?artikelid=DMF20110818_231

"Welke groepen op welke podia zullen aantreden staat nog niet vast. Wellicht zullen er heel wat verschuivingen plaatsvinden.
De eerste reacties zijn gemengd: sommigen vinden het een mooi eerbetoon aan de slachtoffers, maar anderen vinden het eerder respectloos."
translation: "Which groups will play on which stages hasn't been decided yet. Most likely there will be plenty of shifts.
The first reactions are mixed: some find it a beautiful tribute to the victims, others find it disrespectful."

Harleyquiiinn
08-19-2011, 01:02 AM
No they finally decided to cancell it... Man, it is always hard to believe how something that fun can turn so easily into a disaster...

sortmanSly
08-19-2011, 02:49 AM
This is the worst that could happen... .
5 people lost there lifes. It was not a normal storm, no the storm was gigantic.
The stage was torn to pieces. They stopped the festival for respect the people who lost there lifes.

---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIKP-svkSrI&NR=1
---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8U55yW3gT4&feature=player_embedded#!

Beheaded
08-19-2011, 03:10 AM
Pukkelpop IS NOT cancelled.
Well, it IS cancelled. ;)

Tijs
08-19-2011, 03:31 AM
Yeah now it is :s Fucked up.

I was so looking forward to going there tomorrow but I understand the reasons why they cancelled it. Can't get mad at the festival for that, nothing they can do about it. But still, it sucks you know.

Beheaded
08-19-2011, 03:44 AM
It really sucks, but it's hard to party all day and night and jump and dance with the feeling of 5 dead people.

I can totally understand the decision.

YourKing
08-19-2011, 04:28 AM
OMG I just came back from pukkelpop, what a hell. It would be the first time I was gonna see the offspring... This could be so good :(

the_real_potomek
08-19-2011, 04:45 AM
fuuuck! :(

08-19-2011, 08:21 AM
I just got back from Pukkelpop... This was far from normal, i've never seen a storm like that. I seriously thought we were in a tornado! I lost friends, thankfully I found them all, but 5 people were not lucky and lost their lives... 3 people are still fighting for their lives. Many people injured... this was apocalyptic! I heard stories of a young man that lost an arm, a girl who got pierced by flying debris... It was the right call to cancel the festival.

Little_Miss_1565
08-19-2011, 10:39 AM
I just got back from Pukkelpop... This was far from normal, i've never seen a storm like that. I seriously thought we were in a tornado! I lost friends, thankfully I found them all, but 5 people were not lucky and lost their lives... 3 people are still fighting for their lives. Many people injured... this was apocalyptic! I heard stories of a young man that lost an arm, a girl who got pierced by flying debris... It was the right call to cancel the festival.

Wow, that sounds really intense. What's with all the collapsing stages this summer?

personal_loans_1
08-19-2011, 12:11 PM
I wasn't sure when the Offspring was about to play on Pukkelpop, so when I've heard about what happened there on radio last night I freezed. But now those news aren't soothing at all. Poor people, to be out when storm like that comes is fucked up enough, but they were around festival area, with all those litter, parts of a tents, stages...

samseby
08-20-2011, 12:23 AM
Pukkelpop cancelled. Right thing to do. Hope everyone is recovering well. Will return to Belgium!
http://twitter.com/#!/offspring

offspringfan01
08-22-2011, 06:07 AM
Pukkelpop cancelled. Right thing to do. Hope everyone is recovering well. Will return to Belgium!
http://twitter.com/#!/offspring

They should definitely return, I hope next year!:)

08-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Respect for Dave Grohl ! watch this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8E0vrBHFo&feature=youtu.be

chris9012
08-22-2011, 11:54 AM
I checked the belgian Ceefax before I left Friday morning (6am) before I got on the train to Pukkelpop. There was no news of cancelation yet.
When I was halfway there I got the message, it was cancelled.

Now I respect and understand that decision. But then I read somewhere that the decision was made immediately, but they didn't announce it yet because of " possible negative reactions".

I still had a nice weekend. Since I already had my packpack packed, I went to Ypres and Brussel. I've met a lot of people who had been at the festival. Heard some pretty scarry story's.

samseby
08-23-2011, 06:03 AM
Respect for Dave Grohl ! watch this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8E0vrBHFo&feature=youtu.be

Heartfelt and touching.