PDA

View Full Version : No more fake info on the new album

Little_Miss_1565
04-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Hey guys,

We understand that sometimes you just want to have fun, and that it can be fun to post fake tracklists and other made up information about the new album, which is why we've been cool with just identifying it as untrue and letting it slide.

However, it's been brought to our attention that there are people out there who will use the forum as a journalistic source. Because of this, we're going to have to delete things like tracklists and rumors, even if it's just posted as a joke to get a rise out of people.

Hope you guys understand. :)

Harleyquiiinn
04-29-2011, 08:00 AM
lol, there are some really bad journalists out there.

I just imagine the banana tracklist on Rolling Stones now :D

Little_Miss_1565
04-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Haha, seriously. I know it seems silly, and it is. But some people are silly.

cool 2 hate 681
04-29-2011, 01:32 PM
i think that's a good decision i would hate to see false info about the band on ultimate guitar or something like that

offsrx
04-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Hey guys,

We understand that sometimes you just want to have fun, and that it can be fun to post fake tracklists and other made up information about the new album, which is why we've been cool with just identifying it as untrue and letting it slide.

However, it's been brought to our attention that there are people out there who will use the forum as a journalistic source. Because of this, we're going to have to delete things like tracklists and rumors, even if it's just posted as a joke to get a rise out of people.

Finally!
Because of false information, I had to argue with a lot of friends of FB who thought that name of new album is "God does not exist"... LOL

ThunderPX
04-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Finally!
Because of false information, I had to argue with a lot of friends of FB who thought that name of new album is "God does not exist"... LOL

I think the real problem there is that you need to get friends that aren't retarded

Oxygene
04-30-2011, 01:08 AM
I think the real problem there is that you need to get friends that aren't retarded

+1 like..........

Bearzy
04-30-2011, 03:40 AM
Finally!

I don't think any true offspring fan would fall for that album title.

dff_punk
04-30-2011, 05:51 AM
As a student of journalism, I greatly approve of this idea.

danitanev
04-30-2011, 06:26 AM
I don't like rumours a lot too, but I don't really get it?! Why we're going to restrict ourselves as We Are The Offspring fans and to stop making fun with fake tracklists or with info - we're not so sure about - because of some silly thinking journalists that are using this forum as a journalistic source?! And why after somebody is using our posts as info and gets paid probably about that, and we have to consider with such a silly (that's way too delicate to call it) journalists?! And what if somebody tomorrow decides to make "rocket" science using The Offspring's Forum - then we all have to start doing and talking about "rocket" science and writing the correct "rocket" science posts!!!
PS - Is this thread a joke?! :)

Little_Miss_1565
04-30-2011, 07:12 AM
I don't like rumours a lot too, but I don't really get it?! Why we're going to restrict ourselves as We Are The Offspring fans and to stop making fun with fake tracklists or with info - we're not so sure about - because of some silly thinking journalists that are using this forum as a journalistic source?! And why after somebody is using our posts as info and gets paid probably about that, and we have to consider with such a silly (that's way too delicate to call it) journalists?! And what if somebody tomorrow decides to make "rocket" science using The Offspring's Forum - then we all have to start doing and talking about "rocket" science and writing the correct "rocket" science posts!!!
PS - Is this thread a joke?! :)

I'm sorry bad journalism is going to force you to have something of substance to say on the forum?

personal_loans_1
04-30-2011, 09:24 AM
As you wish, I didn't find it funny anyway, but I don't like that idea like almost every manner to censor internet, cause it contribute to decline ability to filtering information from internet, and I feel like 'Idiocracy' is coming. :( Why couldn't be some disclaimer before rumour, like spoilers, just? Or not,pff.;)

Harleyquiiinn
04-30-2011, 10:10 AM
As you wish, I didn't find it funny anyway, but I don't like that idea like almost every manner to censor internet, cause it contribute to decline ability to filtering information from internet, and I feel like 'Idiocracy' is comming. :( Why couldn't be some disclaimer before rumour, like spoilers, just? Or not,pff.;)

lol [NSFBJ] => Not Safe For Bad Journalists

:D

And yeah, that sucks that we have to censor ourselves because people are too lazy to find actual sources but things are what they are so, it's only logical that the band want to restrict fake rumors...

Jojan
04-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Fuck your rules!

jacknife737
04-30-2011, 05:05 PM
For the best.

danitanev
05-01-2011, 07:37 AM
I'm sorry too but I can't understand you very well - I hope you don't think all of my posts are crap and/or I'm not a fan - even if my posts are not that much as a number for these more than 5 years! I'm happy to be a part of The Offspring's community and I love The Offspring, so if it's better for the band not to write some rumours or fake stuff - it's okay for me (it's a bit weird but that's all - I just said what I think). :)
PS - maybe someday there will be a better chance for me to say something of substance?

I'm sorry bad journalism is going to force you to have something of substance to say on the forum?

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm sorry too but I can't understand you very well - I hope you don't think all of my posts are crap and/or I'm not a fan - even if my posts are not that much as a number for these more than 5 years! I'm happy to be a part of The Offspring's community and I love The Offspring, so if it's better for the band not to write some rumours or fake stuff - it's okay for me (it's a bit weird but that's all - I just said what I think). :)
PS - maybe someday there will be a better chance for me to say something of substance?

I don't think I was understanding you very well either. I'm glad you're a part of the forum and I'm glad you understand that it's better for the band this way. :)

danitanev
05-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Cheers! :)

I don't think I was understanding you very well either. I'm glad you're a part of the forum and I'm glad you understand that it's better for the band this way. :)

cool 2 hate 681
05-02-2011, 08:16 PM
haha this article makes it sound like dexter was serious about having 5 year olds test the new album

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/offspring-0421-2011/

jacknife737
05-02-2011, 09:47 PM
haha this article makes it sound like dexter was serious about having 5 year olds test the new album

What an idiot.

samseby
05-03-2011, 04:16 AM
[...] haha this article makes it sound like dexter was serious about having 5 year olds test the new album [...]

Somehow does :p

ospringfan112113
05-13-2011, 08:33 PM
name of new album is "God does not exist"... LOL Haha way too self explanatory! :D

Scythe Death
07-28-2011, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't mind if the new album title was "God is Not Real". :v

jawhn
07-30-2011, 03:22 PM

ie. if they can sell it to a 5 year old then they can sell it to us dipshits ;)

sortmanSly
08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
I hate rumors! First the evidence then we talk!

jawhn
08-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I heard Brandon fucked Kelly in the locker-room...

Alex101
09-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Here we go again with fake information about the new album. I know Wikipedia isn't a reliable source at all, but I just saw it's called Relish & Money. Their discography page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Offspring_discography) on that website says it comes out March 22nd, 2012 and it's listing "You'll Find A Way" as a single.

Omni
09-03-2011, 03:46 PM
I hope the band sees this and names the album Relish & Money.

arnold161
09-03-2011, 03:48 PM
OMG what the fuck??? according wikipedia You Will Find a Way is Offspring´s most successful single so far:D and album where it is from is 'Till Again' and come out on 23 december 2011, so Till Again or Relish and Money?:D Why are these people doing it, don´t they have something better to do than making up this crap???..

Alex101
09-03-2011, 03:52 PM
OMG what the fuck??? according wikipedia You Will Find a Way is Offspring´s most successful single so far:D and album where it is from is 'Till Again' and come out on 23 december 2011, so Till Again or Relish and Money?:D Why are these people doing it, don´t they have something better to do than making up this crap???..
How could "You Will Find a Way" be their most successful single? It hasn't even been released neither has the new album. This information is totally fake. Relish and Money sounds like a weird title for an Offspring album to me.

arnold161
09-03-2011, 03:58 PM
I know it´s total crap! but if you look on singles sheet, there are even faked numbers of world charts, ridiculous..

Alex101
09-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Now the title's changed to Get a Emotional Ride. I have no idea where the guy who posted this bullshit on Wikipedia gets all this information, but this is 100% fake (or about 100% fake).

arnold161
09-03-2011, 05:13 PM
and You will find a way is not as successful as it used to be.:D yeah it is a fake, i am curious what will be the title like tomorrow morning :)

Alex101
09-04-2011, 04:55 PM
The "fake" title of the new album was removed from Wikipedia if anyone was wondering.

cool 2 hate 681
10-15-2011, 02:16 PM
speaking of fake wikipedia info dexter was the drummer for manic subsidal along with another offspring member greg k:rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_Holland

Omni
10-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Dexter actually did start out as the drummer. There's a bit of info saying he was a singer in a karaoke bar before Manic Subsidal that I've never heard of, and don't really believe.

cool 2 hate 681
10-15-2011, 11:22 PM
i always thought the first lineup was doug thompson on vocals dexter holland on guitar greg k on bass and jim benton on drums

now wikipidia is saying james lilja was in the band before jim benton so i don't know:confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Offspring#Band_members

Alex101
11-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Earlier today, I saw someone post fake info on the new album again on Wikipedia. This time someone wrote that Noodles announced How to Dismantle a Network of Trafficking as its title on Twitter. That post eventually got removed.

Jojan
11-29-2011, 05:20 AM
i always thought the first lineup was doug thompson on vocals dexter holland on guitar greg k on bass and jim benton on drums

now wikipidia is saying james lilja was in the band before jim benton so i don't know:confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Offspring#Band_members

You seem to not know what Wikipedia is, and how to use it. So please, never use Wikipedia again until you have your head around it.

cool 2 hate 681
11-29-2011, 01:28 PM
whoever is the idiot saying that dexter noodles and greg k join the offspring in 1986 needs to be shot

Jojan
01-02-2012, 05:38 AM
whoever is the idiot saying that dexter noodles and greg k join the offspring in 1986 needs to be shot

Why? Is it right to shoot people simply because they are misinformed? I think it is not.

BagOfShenanigans
01-16-2012, 06:18 AM
hello,im newbie of this forum.

Welcome to the most random, weird, and awkward website on the planet.

Sefalobe_theoffspring
01-20-2012, 07:18 AM
According to Wikipedia on Smash Album, The Offspring sales on Japan is in 5x Platinum. 1,000,000 copies and wikipedia says it was a Diamond (Million) award. That true or fake?

GamerKT
01-27-2012, 05:40 PM
According to Wikipedia on Smash Album, The Offspring sales on Japan is in 5x Platinum. 1,000,000 copies and wikipedia says it was a Diamond (Million) award. That true or fake?

Don't know, man.

BUT, in the latest tweet from the band, Nizzy Doodles said that they're starting the album artwork. Also, they're picking a name.

https://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/163065291696381952

Cuervo
02-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Hey guys,

I've been lurking here for a long time now. This is my first post.

I just wanted to confirm that the new album's tracklist has been finalized. But the list has only been released to a few silly journalist that remain nameless at this time. :D

Of popular interest that I can release is that in fact Dexter does sing and Noodles and Greg both play guitar. I know what you're thinking but as far fetch as these facts are they have been verified to be authentic.

Good day, we'll talk in another 4 or 5 years.

markizor
02-28-2012, 11:25 PM
At a forum it is a lot of hearings, however as well as on all Internet.

Leandro
05-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Japanese version of "Days Go By" will have a DVD:
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/International/Arch/ES/TheOffspring/

Degstur Lolland
05-10-2012, 05:28 PM
With DVD and with bonus tracks!

Melodic core, Ska-reggae approach, Dance pop sound. We took a more polished by the playful melodic line. Never before such innovative American rock royal road. Colorful pop album. :D

Needs to be translated much better. :D

TheJakes84
06-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Why is it unsticked? :confused:

Gregmau5
06-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Hey guys! I've recently recieved news about the tracklisting of the new album! Here it is...

1. The Future Is Bananas
2. Bananas from the Underground
3. Bananas Go By
4. Turning into a Banana
5. Hurting as Bananas
6. Cruising Bananas (Bananas in My Trunk)
7. All I Have Left Is a Banana
8. O.C. Bananas
9. Banana Magic
10. I Wanna Secret Banana (With You)
11. Dividing by Bananas
12. Slim Pickens Does the Right Thing and Rides the Banana to Hell

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Funny banana songs.

Defender
06-05-2012, 01:05 AM
Hey guys! I've recently recieved news about the tracklisting of the new album! Here it is...

1. The Future Is Bananas
2. Bananas from the Underground
3. Bananas Go By
4. Turning into a Banana
5. Hurting as Bananas
6. Cruising Bananas (Bananas in My Trunk)
7. All I Have Left Is a Banana
8. O.C. Bananas
9. Banana Magic
10. I Wanna Secret Banana (With You)
11. Dividing by Bananas
12. Slim Pickens Does the Right Thing and Rides the Banana to Hell

Yep, and the Offspring are:
Dexter Bananand - vocals
Greg B (from banana)-bass
Bananoodles-guitar
Pete Banana- Drums

TheJakes84