PDA

View Full Version : Did Ron Welty ever collaborated with Me First?

D0NT
04-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi

I just read in our funky spanish Wikipedia that Ron Welty did some sort of collaboration with supergroup Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. Although it is cited as a rumour andI know that one isnt at all a reliable site,

but still, does anybody know about this? is it true?

If so what song?

Jojan
04-29-2011, 01:15 PM
I think what you read is a translation of what this says: http://www.flickr.com/photos/galaxyfm/269343941/

A running joke in the punk rock community has declared many other punk rock artists as former or honorary members of the band, including Billie Joe Armstrong and Tre Cool of Green Day, Tim Armstrong of Rancid, Mike Watt of The Minutemen, Fletcher Dragge of Pennywise, Brett Gurewitz and Brian Baker (who played guitar in place of Shiflett during the bands 2005 tour) of Bad Religion, Pig Champion of Poison Idea, Joe Escalante of The Vandals, as well as Warren Fitzgerald, also of The Vandals (who played guitar in place of Shiflett during the band's 2003 Australian tour, and a few other times), Lindsay McDougall of Frenzal Rhomb (who played guitar in place of Cape, during the second half of the band's 2003 Australian tour), Ben Weasel and Danny Vapid of Screeching Weasel, Ron Welty of The Offspring and Lou Italian of Sick Of It All.

So it seem to be a joke or just a romour. When I googled "A running joke in the punk rock community" I got some Wikipedia like sites, so it might be something originally from English Wikipedia that has been removed because it could not be confirmed.

D0NT
04-30-2011, 02:31 AM
exacltly, a joke then. thanks dude.

Lord Phidias
05-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Did Jojan just do that? Help another human being?