PDA

View Full Version : Bad Reigion may split up after next album

Alex101
05-06-2011, 04:21 PM
This is the worst news I've ever heard of. I just read the news at The Bad Religion Page (http://www.thebrpage.net/news/?newsID=1916) and Greg Graffin said they may split up after their next album. He said that at the band's Boston show last week, "after this year you probably won't be seeing much more of us. We're going to try one more album and then all join the navy, do honest work."

I hope the split doesn't happen, because Bad Religion has been one of my favorite band for over 10 years.

Jojan
05-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Greg has previously expressed that I would like to spend less time on the band and write books. I do not think it will be a total never-ever-play-again kind of break up. But maybe just a very few every or every other year. But they will have to stop eventually. They have families and such, I would expect.

I mean... they have been playing for over 30 years. Give them their retirement.

Static_Martyr
05-06-2011, 05:02 PM
They've written so much great material, to end on a note right after Dissent of Man (one of their greatest albums IMO) is a great way to go out. And although it would suck to see them break up, I wouldn't really hold it against them --- as it's been said, they've been around over 30 years. That's a good, solid career and they have the albums, shows and songs to show for it.

However, since the only source being cited here is after-song talk during a show --- and since that after-song talk included a reference to joining the Navy and doing "honest work" --- I am 99% inclined to believe that it was a joke ;)

jacknife737
05-06-2011, 05:36 PM
I don't think they'd ever really break up: but i can certainly see them slowing down considerably, both in terms of touring and recording.

Supa
05-06-2011, 09:04 PM
My opinion has pretty much been stated here. Don't think they'd ever do a total break up.

Alex101
05-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't think they'd ever really break up: but i can certainly see them slowing down considerably, both in terms of touring and recording.

My opinion has pretty much been stated here. Don't think they'd ever do a total break up.
You guys could be right. Bad Religion might go on hiatus for a few years like they did before they released Suffer.

cool 2 hate 681
05-06-2011, 11:30 PM
i hope he was just joking if this happens it would be a huge blow to punk rock

Rooster
05-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Well, it's their decision. If they decide to split up i'll accept it. However, i don't want them to. Damnit, they have at least a few more years left in them. And i've yet to see them live.

In my opinion they probably won't ever really call it quits for certain. At least i hope so.

jacknife737
05-07-2011, 09:48 AM
i hope he was just joking if this happens it would be a huge blow to punk rock

It's certainly true that they joke around a lot about this sort of thing: i'm pretty sure Jay has said something similar at every album they've put out since Process of Belief.

So i wouldn't get too worried about this.

Gustavo
05-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Dang, that would be awful. I found this awesome band last year, hope I have time to at least see them once. If they really did break up, it would be a huge loss to punk rock and to music as a whole. Let's just hope for the best.

RageAndLov
05-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Dang, that would be awful. I found this awesome band last year, hope I have time to at least see them once. If they really did break up, it would be a huge loss to punk rock and to music as a whole. Let's just hope for the best.

You've been a member of this BBS for 4 years, but you just discovered BR last year? Offspring and BR go hand in hand, how can you not have heard of them before?

bouncingcoles
05-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Im pretty sure he was joking. they always joke on stage and make it sound serious.

Alex101
05-09-2011, 07:01 PM
You've been a member of this BBS for 4 years, but you just discovered BR last year? Offspring and BR go hand in hand, how can you not have heard of them before?
A user who's been a member here 4 years who didn't even recognize Bad Religion until last year? That's such a surprise.

Little_Miss_1565
05-09-2011, 11:30 PM
I also don't think that would necessarily mean they break up entirely. Even the Descendents still get it together enough to play shows every now and again.

cool 2 hate 681
05-10-2011, 01:06 AM
I also don't think that would necessarily mean they break up entirely. Even the Descendents still get it together enough to play shows every now and again.

yes that's true i was lucky enough to see them in long beach last month and they were still great

F@ BANKZ
05-12-2011, 10:15 PM
what happened to the ten more albums promise, that was a promise right??

NMHFBD
05-14-2011, 01:00 PM
i have an endless respect for Bad Religion! well,i'm glad i've seen them live!

Rooster
05-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Oh fuck YES, they're coming to Slovenia, on the first day of Punk Rock Holiday festival (finally we got a proper punk rock festival around here)! I mean first NOFX get confirmed to play, now Bad Religion... This is just getting better and better :)

Not to mention others that would also play there - Strung Out, The Bouncing Souls, Street Dogs,...

Anyway, i guess i don't have to worry now about not seeing them live :D

Alex101
05-14-2011, 04:06 PM
what happened to the ten more albums promise, that was a promise right??
I forgot about that. Well, Brooks said that in the commentary on the Live at the Palladium DVD, which came out in 2006. If Bad Religion were about to make 10 more albums, that means New Maps of Hell (2007) was first and The Dissent of Man (2010) was second, so that means they would have 8 more albums to go.

Outerspaceman21
05-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Oh fuck YES, they're coming to Slovenia, on the first day of Punk Rock Holiday festival (finally we got a proper punk rock festival around here)! I mean first NOFX get confirmed to play, now Bad Religion... This is just getting better and better :)

Not to mention others that would also play there - Strung Out, The Bouncing Souls, Street Dogs,...

Anyway, i guess i don't have to worry now about not seeing them live :D

You can't tell right now, but I am jealous. Strung Out wont be anywhere near me until June/July and I don't know when Bad Religion and Street Dogs are coming back to Cali.

cool 2 hate 681
05-14-2011, 05:41 PM
You can't tell right now, but I am jealous. Strung Out wont be anywhere near me until June/July and I don't know when Bad Religion and Street Dogs are coming back to Cali.

street dogs are playing warped tour

are you going to the face to face/strung out tour? i will be at the show at glasshouse

Outerspaceman21
05-14-2011, 07:54 PM
street dogs are playing warped tour

are you going to the face to face/strung out tour? i will be at the show at glasshouse

I'm not going to warped tour, there are only a few bands I'd want to see, Streets Dogs being one of them, and it's not worth the tickets price for those few bands, plus gas.

I am going to the face to face/ strung out show, thats the show I was referring to. It's scheduled for june 26.

EDIT: to be exact on the bands, they are Against Me!, Street Dogs, Set Your Goals, and maybe Unwritten Law.

bighead384
05-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Bad Religion have Native American sounding melodies:

Recipe for Hate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV07A9u2Gg8 @ 45 seconds in

Victory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehzSNfu29v0 @ 14 seconds in

Slumber: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlLyqABnkgs the verses.

Alex101
05-23-2011, 05:28 PM
I heard Greg is going to teach class at Cornell University this fall.

http://www.thebrpage.net/news/?newsID=1918

bouncingcoles
05-28-2011, 09:52 AM
ya apparently BR are going to slow down a bit after this year cause greg is going to be teaching. he said he will still have time to write songs and stuff and he only will be teaching 2 days a week. but i wouldn't expect very extensive touring. im sure this will only be temporary

Alex101
06-01-2011, 08:04 PM
ya apparently BR are going to slow down a bit after this year cause greg is going to be teaching. he said he will still have time to write songs and stuff and he only will be teaching 2 days a week. but i wouldn't expect very extensive touring. im sure this will only be temporary
I'm sure they will just go on hiatus for a while and then come back and do a record again. That's what they did before they made Suffer.