PDA

View Full Version : Epithaph demos

RODNEYMULLEN
05-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I heard from somewhere (probably from these forums) that they got signed to epitaph after they sent in demos of Session and some other demos from Ignition. In light of those 1986 demos surfacing after all these years I was wonderin if those demos were floating around somewhere. Probably not though.

Satanic_Surfer
05-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Makes sense, wasnt there an old Offy demo from Ignition that found its way out from Epitaph records? Cant remember the name of the song but i remember it was remastered and released, so obviously Epitaph are sitting on some old demos, with the rights and everything. Have you mailed someone at Epitaph and asked? Might be your best bet actually.

Satanic_Surfer
05-11-2011, 08:18 PM
This is the one i was thinking of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVvNTfGwo8s

RODNEYMULLEN
05-11-2011, 08:23 PM

well yeah, i've been listening to mission from god for years now, ever since it was released on punk o rama. But it's not a demo it's just an outake. Now that i think about it those demos are not needed. we all know what the real ones are. but i really wanna get my hands on those 1986 demos, i've never heard them before. Don't get me wrong i love all of offsprings stuff. But ever since rafrag came out I can't help but being a junkie for any old offspring stuff i can sink my teeth into, not that i wasn't before.

Satanic_Surfer
05-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Well yeah, it's an outtake but it wouldent surprise me if there was more of the same laying around in some old box in an Epitaph basement somewhere considering how long it took for Mission From God to find its way out. I know what you're saying though, i havent quite been able to like The Offspring since late 90s, Conspiracy Of One and after just hasnt been the same so the fact that there just might be old unheard demos out there is kinda exciting.

RODNEYMULLEN
05-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Well yeah, it's an outtake but it wouldent surprise me if there was more of the same laying around in some old box in an Epitaph basement somewhere considering how long it took for Mission From God to find its way out. I know what you're saying though, i havent quite been able to like The Offspring since late 90s, Conspiracy Of One and after just hasnt been the same so the fact that there just might be old unheard demos out there is kinda exciting.

Agreed, its pretty much impossible that they don't at least have like 15 or something outakes from their albums by now. If those got out it would be like the most epic day this world has ever seen. And if by any weird chance you're checkin out the forums Dexter, think about it. They're already made, all you gotta do is have some respect for your die hard fans who respect every single song you have made.

cool 2 hate 681
05-11-2011, 09:30 PM
I heard from somewhere (probably from these forums) that they got signed to epitaph after they sent in demos of Session and some other demos from Ignition. In light of those 1986 demos surfacing after all these years I was wonderin if those demos were floating around somewhere. Probably not though.

is this what you are referring to?

http://www.offspring.com/community/showpost.php?p=1300187&postcount=174

RODNEYMULLEN
05-11-2011, 09:34 PM
is this what you are referring to?

http://www.offspring.com/community/showpost.php?p=1300187&postcount=174

Yes it is. It would be pretty cool to hear them, though id much rather get my hands on those 1986 demos. After reading that again, i keep listening to the begging of session and wondering how that isn't dexter. It sounds so much like him.

Jojan
05-11-2011, 10:51 PM

No, that is The Offpsring. x-D

Greekoldfan
05-12-2011, 01:01 AM
I think dexter said that mission from god was the outtake from ignition.so i am not sure if there are any other outtakes from ignition.in the new album they say that there will be songs that didnt make it on the previous (like pay the man that was original recorded for ixnay).There are also about 10-11 outtakes from rafrag too.They said that they had 23 songs but only 12 were in the album + o.c. life cover as bonus track..

RageAndLov
05-12-2011, 01:37 AM
The demo sent to Epitaph can't possibly be from 1986. Songs as Session would then have ended up on S/T instead. Also, it's unlikely that Epitaph received a demo from a band in 86 and because of that demo signed the band 5-6 years later.

Oxygene
05-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Everyone knew about mission from god since at least 1999

holland25
05-12-2011, 04:47 AM
If I remember correctly, the demo that got them signed to Epitaph was released some time in 1991...

D0NT
05-12-2011, 11:38 PM
you mean bagdadh ep? I dont think there was a demo RELEASED in 91. Mission from god must be the only outtake from ignition. at least that's they say. But yeah Epitaph may have demos from the Offspring but I doubt there are any other unreleased songs from them that Epitaph still holds from release- It COULD happen though

Still if ignition demos do exist , those would be awesome to hear. although arent some of the demos relased in bootlegs songs from Ignition, like get it right? take it like man? or Im talkin nonsense?

holland25
05-12-2011, 11:52 PM
No, I don't mean Baghdad. I mean a four track demo tape they sent to Epitaph...

Jojan
05-13-2011, 09:35 AM
No, I don't mean Baghdad. I mean a four track demo tape they sent to Epitaph...

Of course you do. :-P