PDA

View Full Version : New Rancid record in 2012

Alex101
05-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Rancid announced on their Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/notes/rancid/rancids-plans/10150193943837217) yesterday that they're going back to the studio this September to make a new record with Brett Gurewitz producing it. Here's what it said:

We are really excited about doing a small run of shows later this

summer with our friends Blink 182, August 25 through Sept 4th, and

immediately after those shows Rancid will be headlining 4 shows on the

West Coast. Rancid has been taking an extended break for the last 18

months, and we thought that these shows would help us to get our chops

up before going into the studio with Brett Gurewitz to record our

eighth album in September. It's always good for us to go out and play

some shows, just to get us ready before going into the studio, and

that helps bring that live energy to tape.

We'll keep everyone posted with any new developments. 2012 will be a

big year for us, because it's our 20th Anniversary, so we're

definitely going to do our own tour all over the world.

As always, we appreciate your support.

See Ya In The Pit

Rancid

jacknife737
05-29-2011, 01:38 PM
I think i liked their last album more than most. Sure it was far from their best work, but Up to No Good and That's Just the Way It Is Now were incredibly catchy stuff: reminded me a lot of the songs on Tim's solo record. That said, wouldn't mind if they let Lars handle some more lead vocals on the new one.

Retard
05-29-2011, 02:24 PM
yea it seemed like tim kinda held too much weight on the last one.

p.s. dear matt.... NO MORE SHIMMY SHIMMY YEA!

dff_punk
05-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey, I liked those shimmy shimmy shimmies :(

Omni
05-29-2011, 04:25 PM
I'd do anything to erase the sound of Tim Armstrong's voice from my memory. I have never in my life ever heard a voice that grated my nerves so fucking badly. He completely and utterly ruins that band for me.

The only song I can remotely stand is Ruby SoHo, because he kind of masks his suck somehow in the chorus. And it kills me because I know that they probably have a ton of songs far superior to that one.

Retard
05-29-2011, 06:00 PM
I guess you haven't heard robert plant's voice then.

...And Out Come The Wolves is probably my least favorite rancid album.

cool 2 hate 681
05-29-2011, 06:04 PM
cool:cool: can't wait until the west coast shows get announced

Alex101
05-29-2011, 07:18 PM
cool:cool: can't wait until the west coast shows get announced
Even when the West Coast dates get announced, I may or may not see Rancid again this year.

RageAndLov
05-31-2011, 08:11 AM
I hope the new album won't be as utterly terrible as the last two. Considering the fact that they are touring with Blink 182, my hopes are probably in the toilet already.

jacknife737
05-31-2011, 03:31 PM
I actually didn't think Indestructible was all that terrible either: sure it lacked the aggression found on their earlier work, particularly their 200 Self Titled, but it still managed to have some solid pop songs. It's only real failing is that they let Skinhead Rob sing on Red Hot Moon.

coke_a_holic
05-31-2011, 03:55 PM
im matt freeman and im comin in quick?

Retard
05-31-2011, 09:11 PM
There were a few hardcorish songs on Indestructible, I think in the long run it was better than most of Let the Dominoes Fall. I don't think they'll ever be able to top the one two punch of LIFE WON'T WAIT, or RANCID 2000. But they're getting up there, and luckily the last two were still actually good albums so I'm not worried.
I can probably recite ninety percent of Red Hot Moon by heart.

jacknife737
06-01-2011, 02:10 PM
im matt freeman and im comin in quick?

Oh dude: i cant help but laugh when I heard that song: he sounds like the cookie monster.

coke_a_holic
06-01-2011, 03:30 PM
I know! It's completely ridiculous. My friend used to be a huge Rancid fan, I asked if I should check out that album and he just showed me that song and shook his head.

RageAndLov
06-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Rancid had three good albums and one good EP. Rancid 2000, Rancid 1993, Rancid 1992 (EP) and Let's Go.
If this album isn't another S/T, then I won't bother checking it out.

Retard
06-02-2011, 12:00 AM
OK so i just listened to LTDF. It's honestly not that bad. Is it great? no not by a long shot. There's some great songs, but as a whole the album is kinda meh. But no where near their worst one.

RageAndLov
06-02-2011, 05:49 PM
OK so i just listened to LTDF. It's honestly not that bad. Is it great? no not by a long shot. There's some great songs, but as a whole the album is kinda meh. But no where near their worst one.

Which one was the worst one then? Indestructible?

Retard
06-02-2011, 09:59 PM
the first one, only songs i remember are Hyena, and the song where he talks about a monkey, whose been something something. Completely forgettable album.

RageAndLov
06-03-2011, 05:09 AM
the first one, only songs i remember are Hyena, and the song where he talks about a monkey, whose been something something. Completely forgettable album.

Seriously? That album has edge, and intensity. Also, I love how much Matt is contributing on the vocals on that records.

Retard
06-03-2011, 10:50 AM
If they had edge and intensity, i obviously didn't hear it.

cool 2 hate 681
10-09-2012, 02:37 PM
for anyone who is a fan of rancid and into vinyl they are releasing their albums on 7s and you can buy them separately

http://piratespressrecords.com/rancid/

RageAndLov
10-09-2012, 04:51 PM
for anyone who is a fan of rancid and into vinyl they are releasing their albums on 7s and you can buy them separately

gah how annoying. Why not twelve inches?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
10-09-2012, 06:26 PM

I saw that last night. I really wish I was rich. I own their Radio Radio Radio 7" and that's it.

Smash punker
10-31-2012, 01:40 AM
If many of you think about Rancid in a bad way, then why did you started this thread in the first place? Keep talking about bands you like and stop talking shit about band, that you know absolutely nothing about :)

RageAndLov
10-31-2012, 03:17 AM
If many of you think about Rancid in a bad way, then why did you started this thread in the first place? Keep talking about bands you like and stop talking shit about band, that you know absolutely nothing about :)

What if you have every record the band made, including various bootlegs and EPs? You would know very much about the band then. Can we talk shit then?