PDA

View Full Version : Why no US tour dates?

Carolina
06-04-2011, 09:34 PM
A while back, I posted on here telling people to calm down, I was very confident that the US tour dates were just coming late as they always are. But now it's starting to look like it's not happening this year... Please tell me I'm wrong. It would be really great if someone from the Offspring team would answer to let us US fans whether we still have hope or whether we should give up for this year - despite packing 'em in last year :-)

Walfri
06-05-2011, 12:46 AM
A while back, I posted on here telling people to calm down, I was very confident that the US tour dates were just coming late as they always are. But now it's starting to look like it's not happening this year... Please tell me I'm wrong. It would be really great if someone from the Offspring team would answer to let us US fans whether we still have hope or whether we should give up for this year - despite packing 'em in last year :-)

post it when you have almost 12 years waiting for them, just like mexican fans..

Dexter_italy
06-05-2011, 03:07 AM
Summer means European festivals is well known.... I'm not the band's manager but I'd say you'll have to wait for 2012 for a US tour. If the band has finished recording I suppose a single could be released in late '11 beginning '12 and then next fall a new tour after the album release :) but it's just my opinion

rise_and_fall
06-05-2011, 03:26 AM
Why no Australian dates?

Normally it follows a Japanese tour...

randman21
06-05-2011, 04:24 AM
Yeah, I'm starting to get a little nervous myself! But I would say that there has to be word coming soon. And I mean word that they either are or aren't doing the US. In my experience following the band's tour schedule (not much at all), they'll typically do the US after soon Europe. And I just don't see this year ending without us hearing something from the new album, so if that happens, we know for sure we'll hear something.

bouncingcoles
06-05-2011, 10:11 PM

No U.S. tour this year. whatever we had them last year. Spring 2012 will probably have a U.S. tour

cool 2 hate 681
06-05-2011, 10:28 PM
at least they are making an effort to tour unlike 2006/2007

Alex101
06-06-2011, 07:06 AM
The Offspring sometimes goes to Europe before they tour or play live around the U.S.

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2011, 08:24 AM
A lot of bands tour Europe for the festival season over there. Pretty sure that's what this is. They will certainly launch another tour after the album comes out.

samseby
06-06-2011, 08:57 AM
[...]They will certainly launch another tour after the album comes out.

Whenever that is going to happen :p

Just kidding (sorry - couldn't resist). ;)

Oxygene
06-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Yeah I was about to say, no US dates prolly due to the fact that this is a European tour?

jacknife737
06-06-2011, 02:29 PM
As much as i'd love to see them this summer, i doubt they'll be any US shows until 2012 (but who knows about the fall: just pure speculation). Let the Euros have their fun for the next couple months: looking forward to checking out youtube material, hopefully maybe there will be a new song.

bouncingcoles
06-06-2011, 07:34 PM
the album is most likely coming out around the time of these festival dates so dont expect a US tour till the spring/summer

hshduppsnt
06-09-2011, 01:17 PM
As much as i'd love to see them this summer, i doubt they'll be any US shows until 2012 (but who knows about the fall: just pure speculation). Let the Euros have their fun for the next couple months: looking forward to checking out youtube material, hopefully maybe there will be a new song.

that does seem to be the general strategy isn't it? When an album is close they do Japan/Europe, they usually introduce one new song then come back finish recording then hit US - usually with a few KROQ and other festival shows then a full fledged album tour.

so... yeah what everyone else is saying 2012 probably

cool 2 hate 681
06-09-2011, 01:57 PM
i hope the new album is finished recording before they leave for europe in august

Alex101
06-09-2011, 02:05 PM
i hope the new album is finished recording before they leave for europe in august
I was thinking the same thing.

jacknife737
06-09-2011, 08:55 PM
that does seem to be the general strategy isn't it? When an album is close they do Japan/Europe, they usually introduce one new song then come back finish recording then hit US - usually with a few KROQ and other festival shows then a full fledged album tour.

so... yeah what everyone else is saying 2012 probably

Yeah, so it seems.

That was the strategy they had with RAFRAG.