PDA

View Full Version : Official "Waiting for the new album!" thread.

Pages : [1] 2

nevo
06-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Yup. Post any thoughts, concerns, complaints about delays, questions to the band about the new upcoming album, right here!

D0NT
06-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Well mine is obvious : Dexter ( at least joking) stated in one Podcast he would like to end the album by March.

That's a nice delay right there.

and a question for the band : what is most likely to happen : that I become president of the world or that you guys remake one of the 1986 demos into a song on this album :p

Alex101
06-12-2011, 06:00 PM
I wonder why albums are getting delayed. Probably marketing it to death in this internet downloading world and not giving it away until the last moment. Also, probably everybody does it, so they must too. Getting songs ripen. More time to potentially come up with better songs.
Well, a lot of bands tour or take a break between albums. That's one of the reasons why albums can get delayed.

codberg
06-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Im hoping for it before the tour.

dff_punk
06-12-2011, 06:42 PM
I have one realistic hope, that they premiere at least one brand new, never heard song on the upcoming tour. I am going to the first concert of it in Prague, it would be a blast!

Titus
06-12-2011, 07:18 PM
I have one realistic hope, that they premiere at least one brand new, never heard song on the upcoming tour. I am going to the first concert of it in Prague, it would be a blast!

I think they will do it, just like they had done it with hammerhead, half truism and you gonna go far, kid. if I am not wrong, they were all played in different tours.

Outerspaceman21
06-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Referring to the podcast, I think he was just kidding about the march date.

I just hope it's a solid album. I don't want something rushed.

Tijs
06-13-2011, 02:26 AM
I think they will do it, just like they had done it with hammerhead, half truism and you gonna go far, kid. if I am not wrong, they were all played in different tours.I believe when they played Trust In You in Paris, the album wasn't released yet either. Can't remember them playing YGGFK before the release though, but I can be wrong.

weezly
06-13-2011, 02:41 AM
i have a good feeling about this album, gez was it really 3 years since rafrag??? im getting old!

personal_loans_1
06-13-2011, 02:43 AM
Recently rarities satisfied me in a way that new record never would and it'll suffice at least till europe tour. I'm looking forward to it, though, no rush of course.

randman21
06-13-2011, 03:46 AM
gez was it really 3 years since rafrag??? im getting old!
Seriously! I keep thinking it hasn't been that long. I was 22 when it came out, and I'll probably be 26 when this new hits. I will say that it hasn't been nearly as torturous as the wait for RAFRAG.

I believe when they played Trust In You in Paris, the album wasn't released yet either. Can't remember them playing YGGFK before the release though, but I can be wrong.
It's funny how the memory works. I was thinking it was at least a month after the album released that they played that Paris show, but a quick look back shows that you are so technically right. They played Paris a day after the whole album was put on imeem and like the day before RAFRAG dropped. And if I'm not mistaken, they first played YGGFK at the KROQ Weenie Roast, whenever that was (the one this year was about two weeks ago).

momo91
06-13-2011, 04:31 AM
We are all waiting for the new album!

I'd like the guys to do something special for the fans to stay connected while they're finishing it, and above all some surprises during the upcoming tour, like new songs and funny things...

Anyway, good work and see you soon on the road!

dr.vanessa
06-13-2011, 05:39 AM
"Take your time.Hurry up!":P)

dav0147
06-13-2011, 08:53 AM
I believe when they played Trust In You in Paris, the album wasn't released yet either. Can't remember them playing YGGFK before the release though, but I can be wrong.

They played it at download in 2008, Saturday 14th JUne, i believe the album came out on monday. The whole album had been leaked online before that though

bighead384
06-13-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm not as anxious for this album, although I'm still excited for it. It seems like with the past two albums, there have been 4 or 5 expected release dates that keep getting pushed back. Maybe the band isn't setting these release dates and it's just media speculation, but that's frustrating for people. I remember reading that it was possible that the new album would be released in late 2010. Now it's summer 2011 and I'd be surprised if the album came out before 2012.

KickHimWhenHesDown
06-13-2011, 12:50 PM
I have hopes that it'll come out this year, especially since Dex said that he'd want it done by March. As with many bands, I don't expect it to be out anytime soon.

cool 2 hate 681
06-13-2011, 01:53 PM
It's funny how the memory works. I was thinking it was at least a month after the album released that they played that Paris show, but a quick look back shows that you are so technically right. They played Paris a day after the whole album was put on imeem and like the day before RAFRAG dropped. And if I'm not mistaken, they first played YGGFK at the KROQ Weenie Roast, whenever that was (the one this year was about two weeks ago).

no they played yggfk in san diego the day before kroq weenie roast i remember because i posted a shitty video of it on here:D

Outerspaceman21
06-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I remember YGGF,K being play a few weeks before the albums actual release, sometime early june.

ospringfan112113
06-13-2011, 02:13 PM
I hope it sounds like it did in the old days. (Offspring,Ignition,etc.)
I'm way too excited!:)

cool 2 hate 681
06-13-2011, 02:25 PM
hammerhead was first played at summersonic in tokyo japan on august 12 2007

half truism was first played at the soundwave festival in sydney australia on february 24 2008 but the one that was recorded was from melbourne

your gonna go far kid was first played at 91x x fest in san diego on may 16 2008

just to refresh your guys memory:cool:

Bejka
06-14-2011, 11:56 AM
I hope it will have a better name then RHCP's new album "I'm with you" :D It sound like gospel or Hanson or whatever.

Tijs
06-14-2011, 12:51 PM
^ Or an AVril Lavigne song ;)

To be honest I haven't been blown away by the RHCP in years. Decent music, but that's all that I can say about it. Not that that is the point of the thread, bust still..

ThunderPX
06-14-2011, 03:19 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/megafrm/th_SonicWaitGIF.gif

wrc307
06-14-2011, 03:37 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/megafrm/th_SonicWaitGIF.gif

nice one .

Chainsaw
06-15-2011, 12:56 PM
After being somewhat disappointed with the direction they took in RAFRAG (all the songs after A Lot Like Me felt medicore and didn't have that special Offspring 'feel' to them) i'm not as hyped for this album as I've previously been. But of course i want to check it out when it's released.

Bejka
06-16-2011, 12:57 AM
It's almost end of June already and we have no info yet. Offspring have terrible time management, I hope they will not miss the best time to release new album - summer :confused:
I'm glad there will be summer tour but I was hoping for some new music :(

Jojan
06-16-2011, 01:40 PM
I am hoping for a new "Fuck" count record on the record. Where the fuck is my list?

TheOldMark
06-25-2011, 04:47 PM
there hasn't been any update since... january? almost 6 months...
I would expect the recording to be finished by the end of july, but thats my own speculation. Impatient isn't the word, I'm losing interest.

Little_Miss_1565
06-26-2011, 09:29 AM
They'e been pretty good about putting out an album every couple years. They've always been pretty informal about the recording process. Is it just the lack of updates that make a lot of you feel like the album is never coming out?

Llamas
06-26-2011, 09:42 AM
They'e been pretty good about putting out an album every couple years. They've always been pretty informal about the recording process. Is it just the lack of updates that make a lot of you feel like the album is never coming out?

For me, I'd say that the last two records, and the current situation combined have caused me to slowly lose interest. Over three years waiting for Splinter, and then five years for RFRG... it's now been three years since then, too, so it's hard to get too excited when they revealed "you will find a way" a year ago already. I'm not insulting the band; I'd venture to say that much of why their popularity has dwindled as much as it has is owed to their slow album release habit. Since CO1 was released, I've had people often ask me "what ever happened to the Offspring... it's been x years since I heard anything from them... are they still together?" Three albums in 11 or 12 years isn't a good way to keep fans around, in my opinion.

Masters of cool lyrics and fun, interesting music: hell yes. But when it comes to promoting themselves and timing? Definitely could be better, man.

Edit: I actually officially lost interest in Green Day for this reason. Warning was their last album that I was excited about... I waited 4 years for American Idiot, but by the time it came, I wasn't that excited... and after waiting 5 years for 21st Century, I was barely interested in checking it out. And they're set to release their fourth album in 11 or 12 years...

DMelges
06-26-2011, 09:59 AM
The lack of updates does make you lose interest...

I mean, offspring.com is my homepage, and I used to check the website every 5 min checking for something new, but after so long I've lost interest without even realizing it.

I have an Offspring tattoo and around 6 posters in my room, and of course once they start releasing it my blood will start pumping just as hard as it used too... but the lack of updates really is kinda depressing.

I end up focusing on other bands that are releasing dvds and doing shows and special stuff like that, and meanwhile The Offspring are just... MIA.

Sure I know that's they're style and that's how they work and they don't promote themselves as much as other bands... I've got no problem with that. Just keep us posted for god's sake!

dff_punk
06-26-2011, 11:33 AM
All the interest will be regained when they reveal/release something completely new and interesting about the new album, imho. What I'm looking definitely forward to is the start of the european tour (I'm attending the very first concert, hehe), I totally bet they'll premiere some absolutely new song.

samseby
06-26-2011, 12:03 PM
[...] What I'm looking definitely forward to is the start of the european tour [...]

Same here. ;)

I totally bet they'll premiere some absolutely new song.

That would be awesome.

Concerning the new album it has been said more than once I think that they do take their time which is absolutely understandable and fine ... I guess (though a tiny little bit of information every now and then probably wouldn't hurt ;)).

brothadave79
06-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Eh, I haven't lost interest. I still check back here for news and stuff about once a day, and I still get really excited when I read/hear anything new (podcast, live debut, demos, etc.) from the band.

I can understand other people losing interest - the time between albums has definitely increased. But, I think the band is trying new ways to keep us mollified in-between with the podcasts, studio cam, festival dates and more. Their banter on the podcasts makes it obvious that they read our feedback, so we should try to be more constructive and maybe avoid showing a general malaise or apathy within some of their most active fans (edit: I was referring to bbs users in general, I'm not instigating anything with anyone).

DMelges
06-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Eh, I haven't lost interest. I still check back here for news and stuff about once a day, and I still get really excited when I read/hear anything new (podcast, live debut, demos, etc.) from the band.

I can understand other people losing interest - the time between albums has definitely increased. But, I think the band is trying new ways to keep us mollified in-between with the podcasts, studio cam, festival dates and more. Their banter on the podcasts makes it obvious that they read our feedback, so we should try to be more constructive and maybe avoid showing a general malaise or apathy within some of their most active fans (edit: I was referring to bbs users in general, I'm not instigating anything with anyone).

Just to clear things up I didn't mean I'm losing interest in the band, just that I'm losing interest in the new album. I still check the website everyday many times, but every time I get on the site I'm thinking 'There isn't going to be anything new' and that's just what happens.

Would be nice if they could just have a journal like before, just for quick news. They haven't even been using twitter anymore.

Llamas
06-27-2011, 11:31 AM
I know that when the album does come out, I'll pick it up quickly and listen to it with excited ears... and I'm thinking about going to see them in Prague in August. So it's not as though their lack of updates has caused me to lose all interest, but I'm just not excited about the new album, and probably won't be until it comes out.

Alex101
06-28-2011, 11:36 AM
there hasn't been any update since... january? almost 6 months...
I would expect the recording to be finished by the end of july, but thats my own speculation. Impatient isn't the word, I'm losing interest.
Dude, did you miss out? There was actually an update on this podcast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaUceFX8FB8&feature=related) last April.

MOTO13
06-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Don't hold your breath kiddies...I would be amazed if there was an album released in 2011. The music industry is not exactly doing that great these days. There will be no rush on this album if for no other reason that to cut costs. If RAFRAG had done better sales, possibly, but it didn't do that well so be prepared to just wait.

m.offspring.r
06-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi.
I followed one portuguese Trash Metal band (Switchtense) and they recorded the new album in a few months (3~4 months). The Offspring are recording since... last year :S
I remember the ppl say that album was to be released on 10-10-10 LOOL

wrc307
06-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Josh freese on his twitter "Good day back in the studio with old friends The Offspring."
That's some progress

jacknife737
06-28-2011, 09:55 PM
^ Nice to get an update from somewhere: at least we know they're still working on it.

nevo
06-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Josh freese on his twitter "Good day back in the studio with old friends The Offspring."
That's some progress

This made my day.

samseby
06-29-2011, 04:16 AM
Well, there we are. ;)

DMelges
06-29-2011, 06:13 AM
WTF is Josh Freese doing in the studio? Thought Pete Parada was the official drummer now. Josh Freese should just join if he's the one recording the drums from now on, ever since 2003.

I know Pete has been recording a little as well but what, is he busy recording with another band that isn't even close to being as important as The Offspring?

Greekoldfan
06-29-2011, 06:24 AM
they will be both in the new album.Don't forget there are some 'old' songs from pre-pete era..

Alex101
07-07-2011, 05:47 PM
I know Pete has been recording a little as well but what, is he busy recording with another band that isn't even close to being as important as The Offspring?
In case you didn't know, Pete has a new band called Hot Mess, which released a debut album months ago. You can check it out here (http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/hotmess).

Omni
07-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks to not being able to hold onto any momentum, I'm expecting the new album to drastically undersell the already undersold RaF,RaG.

@llamas: Green Day has been extremely active. They had the album Cigarettes & Valentines in 2003 and they released the Network album that same year. And when the masters to C&V were stolen, they came back with American Idiot only a year later. Then they came out with the Foxboro Hot Tubs in 2008, and 21st Century Breakdown a year later. The four year and five year break is very deceptive.

DMelges
07-07-2011, 07:32 PM
In case you didn't know, Pete has a new band called Hot Mess, which released a debut album months ago. You can check it out here (http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/hotmess).

Yeah I know about that... but is Pete only recording part of the Offspring album because he's busy with this new and less important band, or is Josh Freese working on it because only Freese knows what to do with older demos ?

Weird.

Alex101
07-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah I know about that... but is Pete only recording part of the Offspring album because he's busy with this new and less important band, or is Josh Freese working on it because only Freese knows what to do with older demos ?

Weird.
Totally weird.

MAXTER
07-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Ah God Ron!
We are so patiences to wait for the new album...

weezly
07-08-2011, 02:04 AM
i have ZERO idea what to expect from this new album.... i am so looking forward to it, god i wonder if its possible to listen to offspring more than i do lol - if it is i would be concerned hahhaaha

jacknife737
07-11-2011, 04:04 PM
This was posted on the Gringo Bandito twitter page three days ago:

GringoBHotSauce Gringo Bandito
Was just at the recording studio & noticed the bowl of m&m's totally missing the light brown ones. #rockstars ;o) jk yfrog.com/kgupqszj

So looks like they're still recording: i like the model plane.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg736/scaled.php?tn=0&server=736&filename=upqsz.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

DMelges
07-11-2011, 04:12 PM

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg736/scaled.php?tn=0&server=736&filename=upqsz.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

That's the first little piece of news in a long time

hshduppsnt
07-11-2011, 05:04 PM

haha is that a model of his (Estonian?) Fighter jet on a custom made stand with the logo of his Citation on the base? That is all kinds of awesome.

danitanev
07-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Hm................., this thread is a good idea, but I can't get any kind of info out of it - that it'll make me happy waiting for the new album!?! :D

Lord Phidias
07-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Well, you know, it's not the band's priority to keep fans posted about every step forward they make on the recording of the new album, maybe it has been hard for them, sometimes you are just not very inspired and can't come up with something you consider good enough to stay in a record, if you have ever tried recording a song you would get it... I bet they don't want to repeat themselves so they are having a hard time innovating their music. I don't know what else to sat, I would give my opinion on what they should or shouldn't do, but no one here, including me, has more credentials than The Offspring to say what direction should they take, on the recording of new album or on their profesional lives.

I just wait for the album in silence, taking a break from The Offspring songs until a single is released or something like that.

Lol, each day that passes my english gets worse and worse... just like my drumming... am I dieing?

arnold161
07-12-2011, 07:54 AM
In times like this i wonder they were able to put out Americana just one year after Ixnay..

ixnay04
07-14-2011, 09:19 PM
In times like this i wonder they were able to put out Americana just one year after Ixnay..

Yeah no kidding. Oh well...I've been listening to the Offspring since I was 7 years old - now, I'm 24. Why they take so long to write and record is beyond me. My interest is dwindling. Spare me the "oh they're taking their time" etc etc etc. I'm aware because we all had this discussion during the two year recording of RAFRAG. Its the Bob Rock effect...

Raine Maida of Our Lady Peace said it best of their 2005 album (produced by Bob Rock). It was TOO expensive, there was TOO much drama...and of course, it took way TOO long. No offense to BR. I do enjoy his work but christ, let's get the album out.

I'm complaining now but when the album decides to come out, I'll be listening to it non-stop. So there...

cool 2 hate 681
07-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Yeah no kidding. Oh well...I've been listening to the Offspring since I was 7 years old - now, I'm 24. Why they take so long to write and record is beyond me. My interest is dwindling. Spare me the "oh they're taking their time" etc etc etc. I'm aware because we all had this discussion during the two year recording of RAFRAG. Its the Bob Rock effect...

Raine Maida of Our Lady Peace said it best of their 2005 album (produced by Bob Rock). It was TOO expensive, there was TOO much drama...and of course, it took way TOO long. No offense to BR. I do enjoy his work but christ, let's get the album out.

I'm complaining now but when the album decides to come out, I'll be listening to it non-stop. So there...

yeah i hope they use a different producer if they do another album after this

Outerspaceman21
07-14-2011, 09:37 PM
yeah i hope they use a different producer if they do another album after this

Ditto. Bob Rock isn't that great for the Offspring style of music.

Omni
07-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Well, you know, it's not the band's priority to keep fans posted about every step forward they make on the recording of the new album, maybe it has been hard for them, sometimes you are just not very inspired and can't come up with something you consider good enough to stay in a record, if you have ever tried recording a song you would get it... I bet they don't want to repeat themselves so they are having a hard time innovating their music

Yeah, I do agree with this. It kind of makes me angry how some people seem almost entitled to be privy to the slightest amount of information, which is why I wait patiently. The album will come when it comes, and I know I'll absolutely love it. They haven't really let me down yet. Still, they kind of brought it on themselves. The last album was released in 2008, and they started talking about a 2009 release, which everyone was skeptical about. And of course, 2009 comes and goes with jack shit. Then 2010 rolls around with a new song. Now 2011 is over halfway done with no real new news in months if not a year. The fact that Dexter seems to go through these bursts of coming onto the Forums being completely interactive and willing to give out info, followed by like a year of dormancy doesn't really help. Kind of cockteasing us.

Again, not trying to sound impatient or ungrateful. The only thing that kind of irritates me is that almost all the bits and pieces of info we DO find out here and there are never ever from the band's official website, just something a fan stumbles on in an interview or a tweet or something of that nature. This place seems vastly underused in its purpose.

The Search Button
07-15-2011, 11:08 AM
May I be the first to say:

HUURRY UP!!1!

arnold161
07-18-2011, 03:58 AM
If I remember correctly, they had lots of ideas ready in the 90's. It's not just Bob Rock. Splinter took at least 2 years with Brendan O'Brien. Other bands take their time too. Somethings has changed, globally.

Well, Hammerhead was a work of genius. The offspring has changed too.
RFRG was their first diverse album. Some things worked and some not. Hopefully, they won't make the same mistakes...

Diverse? i dont really think so...mayby just a little in a few songs (especially second part of the album), but otherwise i think it still has typical Offspring sound...only album i find diverse is the first one (but not so much too)

Say Ha
07-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Diverse? i dont really think so...mayby just a little in a few songs (especially second part of the album), but otherwise i think it still has typical Offspring sound...only album i find diverse is the first one (but not so much too)
Lol, the first album? Are you serious? How is it diverse? It's the same shit from beggining to end. The first 7 albums are. :D But, it's good and some things stick out as we are used to. On the other hand, diverse album doesn't mean automatically bad. RFRG is diverse when it comes to The Offspring standards.

Yeah, The Offspring sound is there, but:
1. It is based on more Offspring albums. They say Smash and I obviously can see Americana. Two best selling albums. Then, there is a bit of Ignition and Ixnay.
2. They adopted many blatantly obvious influences, some worked and some not.

I'm going to show you:
1. Half-Truism - Ignition + My Chemical Romance
2. Trust in You - Smash, obvious
3. YGGFK - Americana + Hit That?, it works
4. Hammerhead - Ixnay + Metallica + The Letters Organize, it works
5. ALLM - Ixnay + Linkin Park, it works, but so diverse
6. Takes Me Nowhere - Smash + Bad Religion, I don't want to hear BR :D
7. Kristy - Americana + Why Don't You Get a Job, it works
8. Nothingtown - Americana + Green Day?
9. SIMU - Americana, it works
10. Fix You - whatever :D Coldplay lyrics or something
11. LHFRB - Smash + Americana + ska
12. Rise and Fall - Smash + Green Day, I don't want to hear GD :D

The first 5 songs are diverse enough. :D

arnold161
07-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Oh sorry i probably got you wrong...i didn´t mean the first album is diverse in its single parts, but i mean it like it´s more diverse or different from the other albums do you know what i mean? :D Because since Ignition there´s that special Offspring sound in every album, but when I´m listening to the first one, sometimes it sounds to me like they still don´t know which way to go...some songs sound like affected by Dead Kennedys, some are more "catchy pop punk" and so on...

but your analysis of RafRag really made me laugh :D (no offense)..:) I think RafRag is a great album no doubt about it, they tried out some new things and some of them worked and some didnt thats right. What i really miss is something really fast and furious like Da Hui or so but i understand they are getting older and want to do more "mature" stuff... but i definitely find the second part of the album more diverse unlike you..

Krojd
07-20-2011, 02:35 AM
haha is that a model of his (Estonian?) Fighter jet on a custom made stand with the logo of his Citation on the base? That is all kinds of awesome.

It's a model of czechoslovakian trainer jet L-39 Albatros . You can even read that on the stand.

Dexter Holland
L-39C Albatros (C means "cvičná" in czech and cvičná means training)
??? Air Races

Bants36c
07-20-2011, 03:45 AM
it was raced at reno air races

http://www.mvpshows.com/air_races.htm

_Way_Down_the_Line_
07-20-2011, 07:49 AM
I just want to know a little bit of the new album, not demanding them nothing, just a little courtesy for all of us here, since we are a lot right :D

Alex101
07-20-2011, 08:00 AM
I just want to know a little bit of the new album, not demanding them nothing, just a little courtesy for all of us here, since we are a lot right :D
Me too. I haven't heard any updates from the band in a while. I don't think this update (http://twitter.com/#!/GringoBHotSauce/status/89442252367208448) really counts because I'm not sure if it's really referring to The Offspring being in the studio.

Krojd
07-21-2011, 02:37 AM
it was raced at reno air races

http://www.mvpshows.com/air_races.htm

Some pics of the plane

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=N394WA&distinct_entry=true

momo91
07-23-2011, 02:00 AM
New tweet from the band, no news but we know they are still alive!

http://yfrog.com/user/offspring/profile

arnold161
07-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Who are those people? James and Kendal?:D..

randman21
07-23-2011, 12:36 PM
^I had to look at the comments to find out myself, but apparently they're from Big Time Rush, some boy band from Nickelodeon. Really bad music, but cool if they're Offspring fans.

Skinny
07-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Random thought:
I'll be able to die a happy man if Pass Me By makes it's way onto the new album.:)

samseby
07-25-2011, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Was just at the recording studio & noticed the bowl of m&m's totally missing the light brown ones. #rockstars ;o) jk yfrog.com/kgupqszj

;) Haven't they been gone for a couple of years now? :p

hshduppsnt
07-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:

;) Haven't they been gone for a couple of years now? :p

that's why it takes them so long to write albums ;)

nevo
09-08-2011, 06:00 PM
I had a dream that I went down to my record store and bought the new album. I went home, put it in my computer to listen to and hit play - I woke up right after that. :(

Lord_Gabo
09-09-2011, 08:52 AM
new album in 2012 http://www.offspring.it/board/viewtopic.php?p=16070#16070

momo91
09-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Latest tweets:

We will be back in the studio in about a week. Hoping record will be done in the next 2 to 3 mos. High probability. Shooting 4 early 2012.

When record is done, we'll plan 2012 tour. World and elsewhere. Nothing definite yet, but we'll be touring till you're sick and tired of us.

Just being real. You don't want a shit record, do ya? We are real close to finished."@GisselaSidhe: @offspring 2 0 3 months? why so much?"

Antonioffspring
09-15-2011, 05:24 AM
It seems they go the same path like with RFRG. June 2012 in stores seems real. They played another new song in February before RFRG and then another 2 in May/June.

It is interesting that Dex can come up with lyrics so quickly. Maybe, he already has some ideas...

samseby
09-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Latest tweets:

We will be back in the studio in about a week. Hoping record will be done in the next 2 to 3 mos. High probability. Shooting 4 early 2012.

When record is done, we'll plan 2012 tour. World and elsewhere. Nothing definite yet, but we'll be touring till you're sick and tired of us.

Just being real. You don't want a shit record, do ya? We are real close to finished."@GisselaSidhe: @offspring 2 0 3 months? why so much?"

Read those too. ;)
So no Christmas song? :p

[...] Nothing definite yet, but we'll be touring till you're sick and tired of us. [...]
Is that supposed to be a promise or a threat? :D

Alex101
09-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Latest tweets:

Wow, even Dying Scene seems to be enjoying The Offspring's posts on Facebook.

http://dyingscene.com/news/the-offspring-to-start-recording-new-album-apparently-again/

Omni
09-15-2011, 03:33 PM
"world and elsewhere," huh. First band to play on the moon? Leave it to the Offspring to stay fresh and inventive.

If they're done in two or three months, there's no need for a June release.

cool 2 hate 681
10-04-2011, 02:53 PM
noodles tweeted that they are back in the studio:)

http://s1.proxy04.twitpic.com/photos/large/415227634.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/121341113780015104

clocks_R_slow
10-04-2011, 03:33 PM
well NEVO if that is your real name,
I JUST WANT IT!!!

Tijs
10-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Haha, even in the studio Dexter wears that shirt.

I love Noodles on Twitter btw.
@offspring THE OFFSPRING, Y U NO RELEASE NEW ALBUM (屮ಠ益ಠ)屮 ?
@gugagama BE CUZ IT NO FINISH YET Π€Ł˘¶©Π®

jacknife737
10-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Haha, even in the studio Dexter wears that shirt.

I love Noodles on Twitter btw.
@offspring THE OFFSPRING, Y U NO RELEASE NEW ALBUM (屮ಠ益ಠ)屮 ?
@gugagama BE CUZ IT NO FINISH YET Π€Ł˘¶©Π®

Yeah: he's been pretty entertaining since he's started tweeting on a regular basis: that tweet in particular really made me lol.

Also, does Dexter look like he's clapping in that picture? Or is it just me?

randman21
10-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I wonder what it was that clicked in Noodles to make him start tweeting. They've had the account for probably three years, and it went from basically nothing to 24/7 tweets. I love it!

And Alex, I only know this because of one the comments below the picture, but apparently it's a vibraslap, which is just funny as fuck.

Krojd
10-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Also, does Dexter look like he's clapping in that picture? Or is it just me?

He's holding something in his right hand. I have no idea what is that.

randman21
10-05-2011, 02:50 AM
He's holding something in his right hand. I have no idea what is that.
I should have addressed Jacknife by his user name. It's a vibraslap! :p

Dexter_italy
10-05-2011, 04:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJpT2Kn-jfc :D it seems an instrument for kind of happy\ska\upbeat song...:)

randman21
10-05-2011, 05:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJpT2Kn-jfc :D it seems an instrument for kind of happy\ska\upbeat song...:)
According to that guy, Dexter's technique could use some work! Anyway, another ska song would be awesome.

SMASHedTHEignition
10-05-2011, 07:40 AM
get some mad funky bass going on mayte

Thomas
10-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Yeah, definitely a vibraslap and yeah, he's definitely holding it backwards. When I hear it on the new album, I'll never be able to forget that he played it wrong. Being a percussionist is my greatest gift, and my greatest curse...

Omni
10-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Does holding it backward maybe provide some special sound or something? A lot of things can provide a cool sound if used improperly (feedback, scratching a record, etc) during the right circumstances.

Tijs
10-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Don't they use a vibraslap in Pretty Fly too?

cool 2 hate 681
10-11-2011, 02:11 PM
new tweet from the studio

This songs F'ken cool. You're gonna love it. Looks good, huh?

http://s1.proxy03.twitpic.com/photos/large/421470837.jpg

Tijs
10-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Cool, if I'm reading correctly the title of the audio-project is called Sloppy Joe 12.0. This song's gonna be tasty! (http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=sloppy+joe)

Alex101
10-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Cool, if I'm reading correctly the title of the audio-project is called Sloppy Joe 12.0. This song's gonna be tasty! (http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=sloppy+joe)
lol at the google link.

I thought the picture says Sloppy Joe 12.0 too.

cool 2 hate 681
10-12-2011, 03:17 PM
more studio pics from twitter

Tequila& cerveza definitely have their influence. Mariachi! Its happening now! -N

http://s1.proxy03.twitpic.com/photos/large/422256857.jpg

http://s1.proxy03.twitpic.com/photos/large/422257539.jpg

Tijs
10-12-2011, 03:52 PM
OH YES! I have NO idea what they're planning to do with that but that's seems incredibly cool.

randman21
10-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Wuuuut? This is so awesome. I like mariachi a lot, so it's going to be awesome to see what they came up with. All that's missing is the donkey they kept bringing out a couple of years ago.

jacknife737
10-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Fucking awesome: it's been too long since they've had a "latin" influence on their records.

Forza
10-14-2011, 01:47 AM
Fucking awesome: it's been too long since they've had a "latin" influence on their records.

Now they should record another song with Egyptian influence as well :)

Antonioffspring
10-16-2011, 05:25 PM
new tweet from the studio

http://s1.proxy03.twitpic.com/photos/large/421470837.jpg
Any idea how many instruments are there? The pattern on the 4th track is interesting.

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-17-2011, 04:12 AM
The number of instruments is hard to tell without being able to read the track labels, unless you're recording vocals or bass guitar (for the most part), everything else has multiple tracks.

Antonioffspring
10-18-2011, 04:18 AM
The 1st 3 tracks are odd...

Then, maybe 4th and 5th, drums? (the 1st one is similar)

Then another 4, 3 and 4, guitar, vocals, bass?

The last one is odd too.

Alex101
10-20-2011, 03:20 PM
New update/tweet post from last night:

A user named GisselaSidhe tweeted:

oh dammit! yeah when the new album???

Then Noodles replied:

Soon, Miha, soon.

http://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/126903653817778176

Antonioffspring
10-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Not really a monumental update. :D June looks real and 'soon' is the worst word ever. :D

Someone should ask Noodles if Pass Me By is going to be finished with this album...

Lupin
10-21-2011, 07:11 AM
I'll be waiting for that day to arrive, when i'll feel alive...

cool 2 hate 681
10-21-2011, 12:36 PM
too bad they are not using the studio cam while they finish up in the stufio

TheOldMark
10-30-2011, 01:10 PM
I was tired of waiting for this album last year.

Alex101
11-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Yesterday they posted this update here (http://twitpic.com/7ai5vq) on their Twitpic page:

"@PeteParada Your drums sound amazing on this song. One of my favorites. -Noodles"

In the same update, they posted this picture:
http://s1-04.twitpicproxy.com/photos/large/440906822.jpg

Gayman
11-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait...

ixnay04
11-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

keonii7
11-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Offspring, I'll wait years for a new album.

But damn it, put some awesome rockin tracks on there.

Coral
11-21-2011, 10:24 AM
I think it'll will be a great album. 2nd one with the same producer. 2nd one for the grown up new generation of fans. They worked on it a lot, probably more than on the last two, and I approve because I can see weak spots and "mistakes" on previous albums. Splinter wasn't produced very much, but it's fun to listen though and obviously needed more songs. RFRG is like starting again so everything is not perfect. The new one might be even more diverse and I approve because the last one had a kind of a boring theme that failed to connect with songs and also mastering trying to unite it hurt some songs. So I guess make it as diverse as you can so it actually works on its own. Artwork didn't really work for me too. But there were some exceptional songs like Hammerhead and A Lot Like Me, btw they shouldn't have been next to each other, they are tooo fucking damn diverse and too good so they shine like mofos and 2nd half of the album lacks some quality. I'd put ALLM instead of Fix You, #10, but Fix You didn't even really work on its own.

TheOldMark
12-13-2011, 04:55 PM
yawn. is it last fall yet?

samseby
12-14-2011, 05:07 AM
[...] 2nd one for the grown up new generation of fans. [...]

That made me laugh ... couldn't help it!

BagOfShenanigans
12-14-2011, 01:27 PM
I'll gladly wait a year or so more; just so long as the album is top-notch like the rest of them. The Offspring, unlike other bands I know, haven't had any bad albums. I may not love every last song, but all of their albums have good tracks.

But yeah, they should take all of the time they need. 1 great album is better than a box-full of crappy ones.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
12-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Yeah I'm looking most forward to the track "Pretty Fly For a ChrisDude"
Wait.... wrong thread?

But for real, I really want to hear a few heavier songs from them with some good old fashioned punk power-chords. I'm just psyched in general for some new material (that I hope can sound somewhat old)

holland25
12-15-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm not looking forward to the new album. I'm still blown away by the 1986 demo.

KTILLA23
12-16-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm not looking forward to the new album. I'm still blown away by the 1986 demo.
Same here! The 1986 demos is just stunning! :eek: I'm still shaking from it!

Sefalobe_theoffspring
12-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Hey! Guys!. I think on this Monday we have something new. Mmmm... A demo part of "Days Go By"? or New demo upcoming?. Just waiting. ;)

KTILLA23
12-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey! Guys!. I think on this Monday we have something new. Mmmm... A demo part of "Days Go By"? or New demo upcoming?. Just waiting. ;)

Are you serious?? :eek: If you are than this is some of the best news about the new album in a long time! I can't wait to hear it!

holland25
12-16-2011, 11:10 AM

Source...?

Little_Miss_1565
12-16-2011, 12:12 PM

GUYS. No fake information about the album. No wild conjectures worded to sound like you know something when you don't. I get that there's not a lot of information to be had right now, but if I see this turn into a post on any blogs, especially Dying Scene or Ultimate Guitar, I'm going to have to delete all this stuff on sight. Can we please not have things get to this point anymore?

KrispyNotKrunchy
12-16-2011, 02:02 PM
The 1986 demos still have my attention for a little while... :)

Sefalobe_theoffspring
12-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Hello Little Miss 1565!!!! I´m joking to this information. It´s fake!!!... Joking!!! :D Sorry guys!. I´m not working with the band.

Hey Little Miss when we have information about the new album?. We are waiting for two years :).

Something new to prove?.

Sorry... Sorry. We are bored to wait.

Best regards

Paddy 21
01-03-2012, 09:50 AM
I love Rise and Fall, its a great album, however, I could certainly tell that they had gone with a different producer than their previous albums. I felt that the guitars on rise and falll sounded quieter than on previous albums and the vocals on some songs sounded a touch too glossy. I know that the offspring cant release another ignition, but I seriously hope that they realise what a useless shit bob rock is. The man who single handedly ruined mettalica is not realy the best choice to produce. . . well. . . anything really. All im trying to say is, I realy hope that the awful bob rock hasnt compromised the quality of their new album too much (as I hear they are going with him again?)

Jojan
01-03-2012, 10:19 AM
GUYS. No fake information about the album. No wild conjectures worded to sound like you know something when you don't. I get that there's not a lot of information to be had right now, but if I see this turn into a post on any blogs, especially Dying Scene or Ultimate Guitar, I'm going to have to delete all this stuff on sight. Can we please not have things get to this point anymore?

Remove this shit then: http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=45177

samseby
01-05-2012, 10:27 AM
End of Jan.?

Take a look at http://twitter.com/#!/offspring

TripleDK
01-05-2012, 11:49 AM
End of Jan.?

Wow, that's actually quite earlier than I'd expected. Although if he means done as in "recorded" or actually mixed and ready to ship is another question ;)

Now, I'm no expert on this, so how long does it usually take for an album to be released after it's finished? Then we can start predicting release dates! :D

momo91
01-05-2012, 11:59 AM
End of Jan.?

Fuck yeah!!! Great news, thanks a lot!

cool 2 hate 681
01-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Wow, that's actually quite earlier than I'd expected. Although if he means done as in "recorded" or actually mixed and ready to ship is another question ;):D

i think it means they are still in the studio recording the album

Tijs
01-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Wow, that's actually quite earlier than I'd expected. Really? Because you know, everyone was expecting 2010 and all... ;)

But finally, the album is in sight!

TripleDK
01-05-2012, 02:13 PM
i think it means they are still in the studio recording the album

Yeah, but is he aiming to finish recording, or the whole deal

?

Really? Because you know, everyone was expecting 2010 and all... ;)

But finally, the album is in sight!

I've read someone mention they wouldn't be done until summer or something. But yay! :D

hshduppsnt
01-05-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm betting it is just finished recording so with all the mixing and whatnot it becomes summer or so.

In any case exciting that there's an end near! of course saying they're in lock down trying to be done by January, and actually being done by january, are two different things :)

cool 2 hate 681
01-05-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm betting it is just finished recording so with all the mixing and whatnot it becomes summer or so.

there is also the album artwork from what noodles has said in interviews im guessing there might be artwork for each song like rafrag

randman21
01-06-2012, 02:11 PM
My impression was that they are done with all everything dealing with production, i.e. recording, mixing, mastering. But I guess we shall see!

Zee
01-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I was just thinking the other day that maybe this time around I'll make it so that I won't listen to or download any songs before the album is out, on stores and physically in my hands and stereo. It's yet to unexperienced to me.

I remember when Conspiracy Of One came out I asked "what songs should I download that are good". I think I only listened to half of them before getting the actual album. Back in 2000 the connection was so slow and expensieve that I guess I just coulndn't download the whole album. :D

Splinter had those goddamn 30s samples on each song at Sony's website quite early before the release. Best possible way to ruin the 'first-listen-experience'.

Some French guy secretly taped a few songs at the album listening sessions in France (RFRG) and put them on-line... of course had to check them out.

This time (if the album is out before any gigs = they could play some new songs = maybe had to listen to) I'll try to get it into my home and enjoy without knowing anything about it! (Days Go By don't count)... samples, leaks... must refuse. I know it will be hard, almost mission impossible because it means you can't follow these forums beforehand but maybe...

cool 2 hate 681
01-06-2012, 03:44 PM
the only album i listened to before it came out was rafrag on imeem

i also downloaded the can't repeat radio rip from limewire back in 2005

BagOfShenanigans
01-06-2012, 06:35 PM
I've already listened to Days Go By (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e7lR8DKDXA). But I'm sure it will be different with studio quality.

I'm not ruining it for myself this time. And I may actually purchase the album for once, as opposed to stealing it like a bum.

The only albums I physically own are Conspiracy of One (Got it as a Christmas present when I was 6), Splinter (My brother's CD, he gave it to me because he's not really a huge fan), and the Greatest hits album.

cool 2 hate 681
01-07-2012, 10:26 PM
i own rafrag on cd and vinyl and all the other albums on cd vinyl and cassette so im definitely going to buy the new album;)

Dragnet
01-08-2012, 06:09 AM
The german online-music-site www.laut.de says the album title of the new album will be "Apocalyptic Guides & Inferno Theme About Nothing Meaningful".

I don't think it's real though, maybe a working title.

RedFox
01-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Some are still waiting Pass Me By?

Personally, those few seconds of that song left me very intrigued ... Since it was too heavy for Splinter ...

Although it is a long time, I'm still waiting for that song to see the light ...

Greekoldfan
01-09-2012, 10:37 PM
well i'm always buying all the album versions etc.I didn't download rafrag before it came out.and believe me the feeling of getting the cd in the stereo I can change it with a download.It worth it to wait a few days.looking to the artwork of the album while I was listening to it and drinking a couple of beers

DuReX
01-10-2012, 02:36 AM
I think I'll download before buying, 'cause CDs always appear here with delay ~1-2 months (like "The Dissent Of Man") or not appear at all (like "Endgame")

Greekoldfan
01-10-2012, 04:00 AM
I think I'll download before buying, 'cause CDs always appear here with delay ~1-2 months (like "The Dissent Of Man") or not appear at all (like "Endgame")

pre-order it from ebay or the official site.yeah same was with last social distortion album with 1-2 months delay.It usually happens with indepedent labels like epitaph

BagOfShenanigans
01-13-2012, 06:48 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/offspring

"Guess I should start tweeting more..been busy in the studio finishing up our record! -Dexter."

:D

RedFox
01-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeh men.... not far!!! I can not wait any longer!

samseby
01-14-2012, 02:18 AM
Me too. ;) :p

Rooster
01-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Apparently Dexter has gotten himself busy with recording the vocals. Great news! :)

cool 2 hate 681
01-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Just finished mixing a new song called 'Days Go By'. Stoked

https://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/158385291940478976

Bants36c
01-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Noodles tweeted dec10th that the new song was called days go by and they had played it before.

cool 2 hate 681
01-14-2012, 10:52 PM
I wonder if It's All Good is another song and not a tentative for Days Go By.

i think it's a different song 4 working titles for days go by seems like a lot

KTILLA23
01-15-2012, 12:48 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/158385291940478976

Sweet! I can't believe the wait is almost over!

ad8
01-15-2012, 04:14 AM
I hope they give us some studio videos like the short Trust In You drum recording videos from RAFRAG!

holland25
01-16-2012, 11:33 AM
http://yfrog.com/g0i9stj

I suppose we're finally getting the Dirty Magic re-recording...

ad8
01-16-2012, 11:35 AM

I guess yeah, or Mission From God maybe? Anyway, that is pretty awesome news!

Andrew.st
01-16-2012, 02:00 PM

Wow I hope it'll be Dirty magic.It would be really awesome

cool 2 hate 681
01-17-2012, 10:25 AM
im sure it will be

Americana98
01-17-2012, 11:31 PM
I imagine it's Pass Me By, the song that was left off Splinter.

KTILLA23
01-18-2012, 12:15 AM
I imagine it's Pass Me By, the song that was left off Splinter.

I don't think it is because they put a Ignition pic with there tweet.

Americana98
01-19-2012, 06:34 PM
I don't think it is because they put a Ignition pic with there tweet.

Hm, interesting. Well now I definitely want to know what it is, lol.

Defender
01-20-2012, 06:08 AM
I hope that the new album will be in the same style of "SMASH"! The sound was absolutely awesome!

Sefalobe_theoffspring
01-20-2012, 07:15 AM
I hope that the new album will be in the same style of "SMASH"! The sound was absolutely awesome!

I have hope that it will make a great album. Any chance to return number #1 on charts?

cool 2 hate 681
01-20-2012, 10:33 AM

dexter said in a loveline interview it will sound like a mix of smash and rafrag but i think it will probably sound like the last two albums

Tijs
01-20-2012, 01:02 PM
The last two albums didn't sound anything alike though..

RedFox
01-20-2012, 04:39 PM
I just hope it comes out soon, coming from them, sounds like sound will be spectacular!

GamerKT
01-20-2012, 05:03 PM
I just want it to come out. I know I'm gonna like it no matter what. Worst case scenario is that it'll take time to grow on me. Whoopdeedoo.

cool 2 hate 681
01-20-2012, 05:37 PM
The last two albums didn't sound anything alike though..

yeah but the song styles on them are pretty eclectic i remember noodles said they called the album splinter because it splintered off into different directions i think the new album will be a continuation of the splinter/rafrag style

Defender
01-23-2012, 02:24 AM
Guys, I want your opinion on this: I hope the new album will not include tracks like "Kristy are you doing ok", "Fix you" or "Denial,revisited". I think this style is not an "Offspring-style"! I really can't listen to these songs and I can't find a reason for changing their old, good style.

randman21
01-23-2012, 04:03 AM
Because their old, good style is damn-near thirty years old. If the Offspring was still writing the same shit album after album, they wouldn't be my favorite band. Besides, it's not like they're wildly different songs anyway. Co1 and Splinter are very typical Offspring, and RaFRag was eclectic, but still sounds like the same band.

Not that I totally disagree with you. I'd like the whole new album to be as hard, fast, and aggressive as Smash, but I think experimentation is almost always good. Who knows, maybe their best song ever will come from an idea they got from listening to "Fix You"? :)

BagOfShenanigans
01-23-2012, 05:48 AM
From what I've heard, they don't make the songs for the fans; they make them for themselves.
That's the way they've always done it, and it's worked out well so far.

cool 2 hate 681
01-23-2012, 10:30 AM
From what I've heard, they don't make the songs for the fans; they make them for themselves.
That's the way they've always done it, and it's worked out well so far.

i think that's right they make the songs they want to make

momo91
01-28-2012, 12:55 AM
It's artwork time!!!

"Starting to get artwork together for our record..album titles anyone?"

KrispyNotKrunchy
01-28-2012, 12:38 PM
are you actually trying to predict (or even narrow down) album title and cover art based on trends and without ANY clues? lol, Kudos :)

Defender
01-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Title? "Chineze Democracy" (joke)!:) ! I suppose that new album's title would be a track's title but I'll give a name: I like "NEMESIS". I think it's awesome! Colors: Dark blue and black!

samseby
01-30-2012, 04:10 AM
Well mine is obvious : Dexter (at least joking) stated in one Podcast he would like to end the album by March.

That's a nice delay right there.

Smells like March :p if you ask me ... a year late but: What the hell ;)

Album title should be a piece of cake I guess. I would like "Off the record" a lot by the way :p *

I actually thought all this (recording, art work, finding a name and stuff like that) would happen kind of simultaneously in a way once you got started and have ideas/visions to build on.

*Edit
Or Backburn, Unleashed, FYI ...

Mucho Macho
01-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Album Title: "Aventurero yo soy"

Colours: Green and red

BagOfShenanigans
01-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Well, if the album is named after a track name, it's usually named after a good track that gets little exposure. (Smash, Americana, Conspiracy of One, Rise and Fall)
However, we don't have a track list. And there's no guarantee of there being a title song anyways.
And if you look at their history of album titles, there's very little consistency. Varying numbers of words, syllables, and overall definition.

I'm not sure if I could come up with a title for an album, I'd have to hear the songs first.

KrispyNotKrunchy
01-31-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure if I could come up with a title for an album, I'd have to hear the songs first.

That's what I was trying to say before, you can't name an album without hearing it first. All you're doing is listing "cool album names", but part of what makes it truly cool is that it matches the theme of the album. Personally, the only FAIL by the Offspring, title-wise, is Splinter. I know it comes from a lyric in a song, but it is just so random. I feel like they picked what they considered a cool word, and then wrote it into a lyric so it was justified. All other album titles fit well, I think.

That being said, I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE REAL NEWS!

randman21
02-01-2012, 06:37 PM
This sounds promising.

Vocals for one we're calling "OC Guns" today...

Little_Miss_1565
02-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Phil Lewis' OC Guns or Tracii Gun's OC Guns?

Defender
02-02-2012, 01:34 AM
This sounds promising.

OMG! I thought the new album was already finished! :( Are they still recording? :confused:

BagOfShenanigans
02-02-2012, 05:58 AM
OMG! I thought the new album was already finished! :( Are they still recording? :confused:

The release date is in march, they have a good month to finish.

From what I hear, Ignition was recorded in like... 2 weeks. So I'm sure it won't be too long.

Little_Miss_1565
02-02-2012, 08:01 AM
The release date is in march, they have a good month to finish.

No release date has been set.

cool 2 hate 681
02-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Phil Lewis' OC Guns or Tracii Gun's OC Guns?

i hope it's an original song and not a cover

BagOfShenanigans
02-02-2012, 12:24 PM
No release date has been set.

Okay, let me rephrase that: They said in a Podcast that they were trying for March.

cool 2 hate 681
02-02-2012, 12:59 PM
March 2011 not 2012

BagOfShenanigans
02-02-2012, 01:47 PM
March 2011 not 2012

http://operatorchan.org/v/arch/src/v23575_i%20am%20not%20a%20clever%20man.jpg

Dirty Magic
02-02-2012, 10:44 PM
If they're still recording vocals, we won't have it in our hands until June or July at the EARLIEST. Keep in mind it still has to be mixed, mastered, and everything else that goes along with an album release. For a comparison, Lit is working on a new album as well, which is going to be released in May (according to the band). They posted on Facebook today that it is done being mixed and is getting mastered on Monday. Just food for thought.

Edit: I just went through some of my old posts and found this from a post I made back in November of 2007. Perhaps I can go two for two on guessing a release date?

Well I wasn't expecting it before June of 2008 so I'm not as anxious as the rest of you. But seriously, they could at least give us some kind of progress report at least what they have finished in the last few months or so. Or maybe a video of some kind? Maybe they should name this one Chinese Democracy...

Tijs
02-03-2012, 02:44 AM
But didn't they already start mixing songs? And start on the artwork?

Just finished up our 'really old song'..on to mix #4

Starting to get artwork together for our record..album titles anyone

Defender
02-03-2012, 03:15 AM
The Offspring always release a single(or a music-video) for preparing their fans for the upcoming album! There is nothing official right now! So I guess that we should wait at least two months!

Hipnex
02-03-2012, 01:02 PM
So what you think the new album is gonna be called?

I think "The Noodles Incident".

dff_punk
02-03-2012, 01:47 PM
I want to be optimistic, and say that we should expect a "Hammerhead" of this album anytime soon.

cool 2 hate 681
02-03-2012, 02:04 PM
I want to be optimistic, and say that we should expect a "Hammerhead" of this album anytime soon.

i sure hope so but if the album comes out in june again we won't get a first single until may at least that's the way it was last time

hshduppsnt
02-03-2012, 04:25 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/165560295106953217

Try to decipher these lyrics -"She's waving her caboose at you, you sneeze, achoo, she calls you out, uh-huh."

woo hoo lyrics

when did we get takes me nowhere lyrics in terms of album development last time?

cool 2 hate 681
02-03-2012, 04:46 PM

woo hoo lyrics

when did we get takes me nowhere lyrics in terms of album development last time?

june 2007 http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=29561

hshduppsnt
02-03-2012, 05:54 PM
june 2007 http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=29561

oh. first thanks. second, that was a much longer delay than I recall/was hoping.

Hey Man Where's Everybody
02-05-2012, 01:29 AM

Oh, Jesus.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Oh, Jesus.

My thoughts as well

keonii7
02-11-2012, 02:54 AM

I'm with this guy. They can only hold in a dynamite track for so long.

dff_punk
02-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Just to be clear, I meant Hammerhead not music-wise, but as the first single off the album. Though if they release a really hard-hitting number as a pilot single again, I have no objections :)

nevo
02-12-2012, 01:23 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/168806486800211968

We WILL be done with the record this month! - Dexter

DMelges
02-12-2012, 01:26 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/168806486800211968

hell yes!!!!!

BagOfShenanigans
02-12-2012, 05:25 PM
I expect I'll have it in my hands this March after all.. It's odd, The Offspring usually releases loads of singles.

cool 2 hate 681
02-12-2012, 06:09 PM
I expect I'll have it in my hands this March after all.. It's odd, The Offspring usually releases loads of singles.

im pretty sure it won't be out in march

GamerKT
02-12-2012, 06:23 PM
im pretty sure it won't be out in march

Mid-April, then?

cool 2 hate 681
02-12-2012, 06:26 PM
maybe if the record is completely done by the end of february

mrconeman
02-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Hard to guess a release date, there's a shit load of things that happens with an album after the band has recorded it and before you buy it.

Defender
02-17-2012, 01:02 AM
New songs that we know so far:O.C guns, Days go by(you will find a way),an old song from "Ignition",the future is now,and a superhero-song...

cool 2 hate 681
02-17-2012, 09:59 AM
and it's all good

dff_punk
02-17-2012, 05:36 PM
It's All Good was mentioned by Dexter a really looong time ago, maybe it even won't make the record(as he stated) or it even could have a different name.

Pán František
02-19-2012, 02:07 PM
They will never release a new album! The last opportunity was 20.11.2011.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-19-2012, 04:22 PM
They will never release a new album! The last opportunity was 20.11.2011.

Why don't they just release one on 20.12.2012?

BagOfShenanigans
02-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Or better yet! How about they just release it at their earliest convenience!

Defender
02-20-2012, 12:48 AM
They have delayed the new album so much! 2008(Rise & Fall,Rage & Grace) till 2012 is a long time. Splinter(2003) to Rise & fall(2008) was a long time too but they released the "Greatest Hits" between them(It doesn't count as an album for me,though).Let's hope that it'll be released by the end of April.

Pán František
02-20-2012, 03:44 AM
Why don't they just release one on 20.12.2012?

apocalypse? :D and it's just before christmas

BagOfShenanigans
02-20-2012, 07:31 AM
The greatest hits album counts... sort of. I like to think of it as a very large single for 'Can't Repeat'.

I'll gladly wait another year if it means getting a decent album. Then again, Dexter said they were done with it. Which means that all of the waiting from here on out is the record label's fault.

mrconeman
02-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Dude, it's nobodys fucking "fault" that the album isn't being hand delivered to your door the second the band finish recording. There are a million and one things to do to get an album finished after the recording stage, you probably can't even imagine.

The record label aren't at "fault" they are doing their "job" to create the best possible product for you, the best possible availability, the best possible public awareness (admittedly this is where record labels do drop the ball) and of course seeking the best possible financial solutions to about 20 million other problems.

It's coming, just be chill and wait for it, rest assured the longer the better (usually)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-20-2012, 01:27 PM
I just want a really good album. I hope I have it before June, but I'll wait if it means the production will be better. I don't expect to have it by March or April or anything.

My optimistic wish is to have it by mid-May.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
02-21-2012, 05:31 AM
I didn't know if I should make a thread for something so insignificant but I just wanted to let anyone one about what Noodles said on the Offspring's Facebook page

He posted a video of D.U.I. and put the following:
"I laid down some guitar for one of our faster songs on Friday. I think it sounded like my playing on Jennifer Lost The War, but I was going for something more like the noodling I did on this song. It's close anyway. -Niz"

So is anyone willing to guess in what kind of direction this album will be taken? I mean, we have "It's All Good/You Will Find a Way" and then Noodle says they had a faster song and that his noodling was similar to D.U.I.

Anyone?

Defender
02-21-2012, 06:07 AM
I don't like the "You will find a way" so much but if the new album includes tracks like "D.U.I." it 'll be just perfect!! I hope the new one be a "crazy" album. I believe the style will be something between "Ixnay on the Hombre" and "Splinter".

Llamas
02-21-2012, 07:15 AM
I didn't know if I should make a thread for something so insignificant but I just wanted to let anyone one about what Noodles said on the Offspring's Facebook page

He posted a video of D.U.I. and put the following:
"I laid down some guitar for one of our faster songs on Friday. I think it sounded like my playing on Jennifer Lost The War, but I was going for something more like the noodling I did on this song. It's close anyway. -Niz"

So is anyone willing to guess in what kind of direction this album will be taken? I mean, we have "It's All Good/You Will Find a Way" and then Noodle says they had a faster song and that his noodling was similar to D.U.I.

Anyone?

Didn't the band say that Splinter or RFRG were gonna be like their old stuff? I think their view from the inside is pretty skewed... I wouldn't really trust that what Noodles thinks sounds like JLTW or DUI is what WE will think sounds like that. But I'd really love it if they did something like that.

mrconeman
02-21-2012, 10:32 AM
We all know every band beyond around their fourth album, when people start to get bored of them throw around phrases like "back to our roots" or "just like the old stuff" about their upcoming albums.

It's easy to be excited about new music that you're making, the amount of bands that have used the phrase "This is going to be as good as Led Zeppelin" before putting out a pretty standard mediocre release is shocking.

I expect a solid album as always, but they aren't going to recreate what they had.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-21-2012, 11:09 AM
I really want it to sound like Ignition, even if the quality is the same, but I know that will never happen.

I know they keep saying that it's going to sound like their old stuf, but I'm doubtful. I wish it would.

This is completely unrelated but just before I clicked "submit" someone on the radio requested that they play "Gone Away." Now it's playing. Such a pretty song...

jacknife737
02-21-2012, 11:43 AM
A lot of bands do tend to make similar statements, so i wouldn't get your hopes up that we'll get the second coming of Ignition.

But then again, none of us have any idea what the final product of this album is going to sound like.

randman21
02-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Didn't the band say that Splinter or RFRG were gonna be like their old stuff? I think their view from the inside is pretty skewed...

I don't think they really said that about the last album. I remember something along the lines of "What does it sound like? It sounds like the Offspring." Definitely agree with the second part, though.

Omni
02-21-2012, 02:50 PM
I remember in a journal for Splinter, Dexter said he listened to the older music to try and pick out the charm of it. I personally thought RaF,RaG was pretty well true-to-form with the older stuff. It had no samples or anything, and it seemed to have fewer Pretty Fly-esque songs. It's definitely a rockin' album, and second only to Ixnay for me.

@coneman; Yeah, I remember Sammy Hagar saying the first Chickenfoot was going to be as good as any Led Zeppelin, and that he knew that was a grand statement to make but he just felt it was true.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-22-2012, 01:13 PM
I really liked the first half of RAF, RAG. The only thing that kept me awake for the second half was Stuff Is Messed Up

Shullski
02-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Anyone?
Its All Good isnt a new song. It was released in 1996

Tijs
02-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Its All Good isnt a new song. It was released in 1996What are you talking about? I think you're talking about DUI, and if so, you'd still be wrong. It was released on the Club Me EP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Me) in 1997.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Its All Good isnt a new song. It was released in 1996

Yet I've been waiting all these years..........

Defender
02-23-2012, 03:25 AM
Everyone is waiting for the new album but after that the Offspring could release an album including soundtracks,covers and unofficial songs(totalimmortal,D.U.I.,bloodstains,I wanna be sedated,mission from God,smash it up e.t.c.) Me and most of the fans have all these songs but it would be better if they were included in a special album.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Everyone is waiting for the new album but after that the Offspring could release an album including soundtracks,covers and unofficial songs(totalimmortal,D.U.I.,bloodstains,I wanna be sedated,mission from God,smash it up e.t.c.) Me and most of the fans have all these songs but it would be better if they were included in a special album.

I agree! I already have all those, but like you said, it would be nice for all of them to be in the same album. I want Hand Grenades on that album

BagOfShenanigans
02-23-2012, 12:19 PM
I agree! I already have all those, but like you said, it would be nice for all of them to be in the same album. I want Hand Grenades on that album

It's songs like these that confuse people when I tell them I have over 90 songs by the Offspring on my computer.
Half of the people I talk to have no clue that any of those songs exist.

What would the album title be?

Defender
02-23-2012, 01:11 PM
It's songs like these that confuse people when I tell them I have over 90 songs by the Offspring on my computer.
Half of the people I talk to have no clue that any of those songs exist.

What would the album title be?

"Bonus collection" or "Bonus hits" would be a nice title...

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-23-2012, 01:26 PM
"Our Not-So-Popular Songs"

Yeah I don't know. I have 116 songs by the Offspring on my iPod. The only repeats would be the early version of Get It Right on the Baghdad EP, and my extra version of Blackball.

Degstur Lolland
04-04-2012, 06:43 PM
1. Days Go By (You'll Find a Way, New Song, November song)

2. "The Future Is Now" (noodles' lightning rod, only better?)

3. OC Guns, could be anti-police. Considering they do universal songs, it could also be about Orange County. About innocent people killed by police. Tiki Tiki. (Ignition; LAPD)

4. Hurting As One, anti-religion song? Punk and it's like Something To Believe In. Not one, gonna go away lyrics? (Smash)

5. My girlfriend is a bitch song, reminds me of Spare Me the Details and that's on Splinter. Ronnie King did Hit That, so maybe he is on that one and with a huge caboose. Achoo. (Splinter)

6. Death song, could use Mexican trumpets and/or vibraslap. Ixnay's celebration of death. :d (Ixnay, Gone Away; Americana, The End of the Line)

7. Anti-war song, DUI/JLTW solo? Drove, promise lyrics? (S/T, Tehran)

8. A song that would be good in a super hero movie.

9. It's All Good (tentative title? another Pass Me By rising? :d)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Why do people love to way over analyze this?

Llamas
04-05-2012, 03:42 PM

It wasn't even analyzing... it's just a bunch of incoherent jibberish.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-05-2012, 03:48 PM
It's very weak speculation. Like really, who's gonna honestly figure out how to hum the pre-chorus of a song after only being given a hint about possible titles?

Degstur Lolland
04-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Well, first, I'm basically a scientist, so that might explain it.

Then, over analyzed? It's pretty much a tight summary of all the info we have. It paints a nice picture, we know something about 2/3 of the album. Some people here didn't even know of some tweets by the band so it can be useful.

It wasn't even analyzing...

it's just a bunch of incoherent jibberish.
You are right here. Only a few of them say a bit more, OC Guns for example. It's more about connections.

I made it tight and simple, so anyone can paint its own picture from it. I deleted some distracting things.

Oh, and it wasn't so simple to do it. Feel free to expand on it, do your own connections and you can even add an essay or analysis about it.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Not really.

Then, over analyzed? It's pretty much a tight summary of all the info we have. It paints a nice picture, we know something about 2/3 of the album. Some people here didn't even know of some tweets by the band so it can be useful.There's things in there that are a pretty far reach though, like

6. Death song, could use Mexican trumpets and/or vibraslap. Ixnay's celebration of death. :d (Ixnay, Gone Away; Americana, The End of the Line)and

5. My girlfriend is a bitch song, reminds me of Spare Me the Details and that's on Splinter. Ronnie King did Hit That, so maybe he is on that one and with a huge caboose. Achoo. (Splinter)So number five was probably a joke, but still...
Number six is just way to big of a stretch for me,

Oh, and it wasn't so simple to do it. Feel free to expand on it, do your own connections and you can even add an essay or analysis about it.No thanks.

BagOfShenanigans
04-05-2012, 07:04 PM

Is it me, or are a large percentage of the Offspring's fanbase lawyers, doctors, and scientists?

Degstur Lolland
04-05-2012, 09:07 PM
There's things in there that are a pretty far reach though

So number five was probably a joke, but still...

Number six is just way to big of a stretch for me,

Naturally. I can't do better.

#5 is not a joke. It hints that they are going to do this "1st single song", like Pretty Fly, Original Prankster or Hit That, with Ronnie King and you can expect keyboards there.

#6 hints that it could be more Ixnay. But, still, ya know, they could use those instruments for album outro...

Is it me, or are a large percentage of the Offspring's fanbase lawyers, doctors, and scientists?
They are successful not just by luck. They are educated, systematic, covering all the bases and also Punk can be a very effective music, like science is, so it's natural that there are fans like that.

Leandro
04-06-2012, 06:21 AM
http://cbskroq.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/offsrping2012_385.jpg

BagOfShenanigans
04-06-2012, 06:39 AM
http://cbskroq.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/offsrping2012_385.jpg

How long has Noodles had that watch? I swear, I've seen it in videos from the late 90s.