PDA

View Full Version : 6 unknown 1986 demos

Greekoldfan
06-29-2011, 06:19 AM
I don't know if the winner is from the bbs (I hope so...),but i bidded for this tape so that i can share it with you...unfortunately someone else won it.I wonder which 6 songs are on the tape http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260804361335&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Greekoldfan
06-29-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm not talking about the demotape 'subject to blackout' with the 3 demos that krispy bought...click on the link and read the info ...

Jojan
06-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Well excuse me then.

Greekoldfan
06-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Well excuse me then.

maybe the first time that Jojan said that he's wrong. anyway ... i should have put an other thread title because a lot of people think that i'm talking about the same tape. THERE ARE ANOTHER 6 UKNOWN 1986 DEMOS, NOT fire and ice halloween and call it religion .who bought that tape? I want to listen to them

KrispyNotKrunchy
06-30-2011, 12:51 PM
It seems kind of dodgy... there isn't a tracklist or anything and the seller didn't know anything about the Offspring, but he must've known how valuable the tape was(?)

randman21
06-30-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm kind of with you on that. I believe him, to the extent of believing his story, and that he thinks they're rare and unknown...but we crazed fans didn't even know about those other three songs before a couple of months ago. For all we know, it could just be something we've known about for years. I would have totally chipped in for the price of this one, though!

Greekoldfan
06-30-2011, 05:08 PM
the starting price was 0.99 $.if the end of this was a couple of days later i could have bid more than 50 dollars...unfortunately it doesn't seems that the winner is from bbs... i mentioned that the tape was tdk like subject to blackout.maybe there were songs like the cogs,tonight i do and soronity bitch in that tape... :(

KrispyNotKrunchy
06-30-2011, 06:20 PM
I have a plan to contact the winner. Give me a week ;)

Omni
06-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah, this is pretty weird. With the exception of the Religion song, we didn't know those three songs existed. I don't think the band have ever mentioned them. Surely TheOldMark or someone would have known.

And here are six more some random guy has? How would anyone but the band have those songs? Or like their first producer? It'd be cool if Dexter or Noodles could come and clear it up for us.

I'm mildly curious. I hate most of their music before Ignition, so I'm exactly itching to hear them or anything. I'll eventually check them out, though.

samseby
07-01-2011, 04:07 AM
Given the fact that he/she has already been talking about other songs on June, 16 ...
http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?p=1434535#post1434535
[...]By the way, there are more pre-1989 Offspring songs out there that haven't surfaced yet. A matter of time I guess ;) [...]

BTW
Another 3 songs and there would be kind of a "new" album :p
I'd call it "The undisclosed yet not so secret songs" ;)

Greekoldfan
07-01-2011, 04:10 AM
shit....i should have bidded more so that i could share it for free with you... :(

D0NT
07-01-2011, 07:06 AM
here we go again pals

Although If they do exist I hope we get them!

randman21
07-01-2011, 10:31 AM
shit....i should have bidded more so that i could share it for free with you... :(
Or you should have let us know about it! But it's no worry. You did what you could. We'll find a way to get it. :)

Tijs
07-01-2011, 10:37 AM
The tape says 7/86, so there could be another 85 out there :D

I really wonder what's on it. Anyone remember how many songs were on the tape they sent to Epitaph with their demos on it? Could be the same tape. Or was it with the Ignition songs already? Can't recall that for sure. yeah actually that must've been a lot later.

It seems like one of those cheap home made things, could really be worth it.

KrispyNotKrunchy
07-01-2011, 11:19 AM
I think 7/86 is July 1986... anybody know about the known demo listed on Wikipedia?

It says:

"Also in 1986, The Offspring recorded a demo tape, which received a positive review in Maximum Rocknroll magazine.[15]"

...and shown here:

http://www.killfromtheheart.com/albums.php?id=4266&band_id=2936

holland25
07-01-2011, 12:55 PM
I really wonder what's on it. Anyone remember how many songs were on the tape they sent to Epitaph with their demos on it? Could be the same tape. Or was it with the Ignition songs already? Can't recall that for sure. yeah actually that must've been a lot later.

4, if I remember correctly. And one of them was Session.

Lord_Gabo
07-02-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm loving this thread, it's better than an episode of Twin Peaks!

MAXTER
07-09-2011, 01:13 PM
I think Dexter wrote that tape... It is his writing! :)

KrispyNotKrunchy
07-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I just want to clarify that the winner of this tape may or may not share it with us, but he said he did not buy it to sell on the forums again. He said that it is for his own personal collection this time. I've sent him a couple emails offering a way to share the songs and haven't received a response.

We'll see :\

Jakebert
07-11-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm loving this thread, it's better than an episode of Twin Peaks!

Pay no attention to the Offspring. They are not what they seem.
http://nsa01.casimages.com/img/2008/04/08/0804081041352881546.jpg

The Search Button
07-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Manic Subsidal should reunite and do a tour.

Lord_Gabo
07-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Pay no attention to the Offspring. They are not what they seem.
http://nsa01.casimages.com/img/2008/04/08/0804081041352881546.jpg

ahaha you're right man

http://img1.tvloop.com/img/showpics/15/22/l35a6a9e20000_1_16398.jpg

holland25
08-26-2011, 12:22 AM
So, what's up with this tape? I heard it contains Tonight I Do. I'd love to hear that song.

KrispyNotKrunchy
08-28-2011, 03:20 PM
The 6 tracks are (in no particular order)

Tonight I Do
Ballroom Blitz
Blackball
Fire and Ice
Halloween
Call It Religion

...I've been talking to the current owner of the tape. He just doesn't have a way to rip the songs yet, even for himself. We'll see what happens

holland25
08-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Ballroom Blitz? They did a studio version of that cover? Nice!

holland25
08-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Nope, it's not there. It's Sorority Bitch.

hardcoretomas
09-29-2011, 09:16 AM
it seems there's one for sale for 350 euros in case you thought the last one was too cheap...

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Cassette/Offspring-6-Songs/43985900?ev=bp_rel_det

maybe you could try and contact the seller to find out more info if that's your bag? or maybe even offer a cheaper price

Tijs
09-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Don't forget about the €4 shipping!

hardcoretomas
09-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Sorry! 354 euros*

Omni
09-29-2011, 02:24 PM
The 6 tracks are (in no particular order)

Tonight I Do
Ballroom Blitz
Blackball
Fire and Ice
Halloween
Call It Religion

...I've been talking to the current owner of the tape. He just doesn't have a way to rip the songs yet, even for himself. We'll see what happens

They two other songs I know of from that era; Very Sarcastic, and Sorority Bitch. Were any of these six songs on the other three song demo tape? I can't remember at the moment.

personal_loans_1
09-29-2011, 02:48 PM
They two other songs I know of from that era; Very Sarcastic, and Sorority Bitch. Were any of these six songs on the other three song demo tape? I can't remember at the moment.
Halloween, call it religion and fire and ice. I'd really like to hear ballroom blitz.

Tijs
09-29-2011, 03:50 PM
They two other songs I know of from that era; Very Sarcastic, and Sorority Bitch. Were any of these six songs on the other three song demo tape? I can't remember at the moment.Another one is "We Don't Have Sex Anymore". I just tried to look up where Noodles talked about it, but failed to do so. This is the best 'proof' I could find; other people remember references to the song as well.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16497

Omni
09-29-2011, 04:56 PM
I thought that song was just on a fake tracklist for what would become RaF,RaG. Are you sure it actually exists? I was pretty sure none of those songs really existed.

Also, someone mentioned Cogs earlier. If I recall, that song was dismantled and turned into Come Out and Play, so I'm sure the actual song doesn't exist anymore. Or if it does, it would sounds like a very rough cut of Come Out and Play.

Ryder1234
09-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Also, someone mentioned Cogs earlier. If I recall, that song was dismantled and turned into Come Out and Play, so I'm sure the actual song doesn't exist anymore. Or if it does, it would sounds like a very rough cut of Come Out and Play.

It was actually Gotta Get Away that they turned it into, but Cogs wasn't the same song as Gotta Get away, only the main guitar riff was used in GGA. The rest was all different. They play a bit of it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXNIp5HgW3g

randman21
09-29-2011, 08:26 PM
I guess the main riff is the thing they played in the video, and the bridge is what they turned into Gotta Get Away. But yeah, that's pretty much why I want to hear Cogs so badly. I love hearing earlier drafts/versions of things I already know. I NEED TO HEAR THIS!

holland25
09-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Another one is "We Don't Have Sex Anymore". I just tried to look up where Noodles talked about it, but failed to do so. This is the best 'proof' I could find; other people remember references to the song as well.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16497

I actually thought this was a working title for Spare Me the Details. People started talking about it when Splinter was being recorded...

Tijs
09-30-2011, 03:04 AM
I actually thought this was a working title for Spare Me the Details. People started talking about it when Splinter was being recorded...Possibly, although Spare Me The Details should be called "I Don't Have Sex Anymore" because the girl seemed to get plenty.

Supa
09-30-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm always really interested in unreleased/demo material. Here are fun quotes about stuff:

Give It Up

"[Dexter]: Right now I‘m calling it ‘Give It Up‘. It‘s about a jerk who is all into himself and he thinks all the girls want him.

[Web Dude]: Yeah, this song has a kick ass bass line. It‘s really cool. I like it a lot."

Pass Me By
"[D]: Kind of a slow rock song that kind of like…well, I like it a lot. I‘ve called it ‘Pass Me By‘. I don‘t know what it‘s going to be about. You got 5 minutes? [laughs]

[WD]: Yeah, I want to check this one out. It sounds like Denial, Revisited a little. It‘s really hard rock with beefy guitars.

[D]: It‘s kind of spooky. I like this lead part a lot. It‘s one of those songs where I‘ve played it for people and they‘ve said maybe you could shorten it or something but I kinda‘ like it the way it is and I figure it‘s not necessarily gonna‘ be on the radio and not all songs need to follow a real strict pop single format. And to a certain degree you‘ve got to let a song write itself."

"Got Some New Stuff (Dexter)
08/18/06
Trivia for you guys…there was one outtake from Splinter. It was called ‘Pass Me By‘. We really liked it, and all, it was sort of heavy and we just decided to hold off on releasing it. So take that one straight to the BBS!"

Dirty Magic Redo
"Huntington Beach, CA (Dexter)
02/15/06
The version of Dirty Magic we recorded last year is an electric version with drums. That song is kind of special to us because it‘s one of those requests we always get from our most hardcore fans. Unfortunately, most people don‘t know the song, cause most people don‘t know our music from before Smash. We always thought that it was a good song, but that we could do a better job recording it now than we could back then. So we did it, and Atom played on it. It sounds great. I‘m not sure if it will come out someday or what. Maybe if you guys are really really nice…"

Hey Joe (Spanish Lyrics)

" #19 06-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Noodles
The Offspring Join Date: Oct 2004

We used to cover "Hey Joe" and Dexter always sang the lyrics in Spanish. I'm sure I have a tape of that somewhere.

http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?p=342652#post342652"

Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom

"Q: And that riff during the instrumental section that repeats while the chords change behind it - where would that type of orchestration come from?

A: That was definitely something that got worked in the studio because it had a totally different verse. It had this really heavy, dark, menacing bass driven verse and Dexter and Bob felt that it just wasn’t working. I really loved it because it was a huge contrast between the verse and chorus. I felt it worked together but they weren’t feeling it. After a little while it was, “Nah, this isn’t working” and then it really got reworked. They were right, it did come out a little better. You never know with these things. Another one where I lost that vote but I like the song, it really started to grow on me once they changed it.

Sometimes I’ll hear something and I’ll have a hard time letting go of the way I originally heard it. Sometimes I just have a block there.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/offsprings_noodles_i_dont_care_to_argue_how_punk_i _am.html"

It's All Good

" #531
Old 05-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Dexter Holland
The Offspring

So many questions! Well, thanks for asking, grasshoppers...I appreciate that you are all so keen to glean any info from us that you can!

Let me just address the last few posts...

Yes I have had Gringo on pizza...I highly recommend it. You know what else? Mix it with ranch. Spicy ranch, it's great.

Working with Bob Rock has been the best experience that we have had in the studio. Bob is obviously a great producer, but beyond that Bob and we get along and sort of see the record making process similarly..the songs sometimes take a little longer to finish but the end result is far better for taking the time and is something we're very proud of.

Right now we're working on a new batch of songs..they're all in different stages, some are just started and some are nearly finished. The only song title I have right now is one called 'It's All Good'..will it make the record? Who knows! We are going in the studio today, everyday for the next two weeks..we're going to try to get something new finished and ready to play live on tour this summer..we'll keep you posted!

http://offspring.com/community/showpost.php?p=1402084&postcount=531"

hardcoretomas
10-03-2011, 10:10 AM
noone had any luck tracking down these songs then?

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-09-2011, 01:03 AM
it seems there's one for sale for 350 euros in case you thought the last one was too cheap...

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Cassette/Offspring-6-Songs/43985900?ev=bp_rel_det

maybe you could try and contact the seller to find out more info if that's your bag? or maybe even offer a cheaper price

Okay, so here's the skinny. That link is actually the winner of "the tape" we were tracking on eBay. He lives in Bulgaria. He won the 3 song demo and sold it to me for way too much. Then, ironically, he won the 6 song demo and is now asking for more than $450 USD for it. I said before that I had been trying to contact him, and originally he was answering and being nice enough, but I guess he got bored with me. My most recent email I sent him was "returned/rejected". Apparantly he blocked my email address. What a douche.

Anyway, so yeah, this tape is the tape we've been looking for and it has a pricetag of €350.00. Ideas?

personal_loans_1
10-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Ideas?

Let's despair. Yeah, let's collect $ here, to infinity, good luck, to make that mutherfucker rich, and let's pay two times for 3 same songs, just great.

It'd be cheaper to hire some local desperate gentlemans. :D

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-09-2011, 02:54 PM
I agree that that's an absurd price for only 3 new songs, but then again, I would give my left nut for more Offspring songs... I can get $250.00 by pawning my high school class ring, and I am going to suggest to the BBS community at large, that if I can raise an additional $200.00 from donations, I'll buy that tape, getting better quality rips than before of all SIX songs, and live happily ever after.

If anyone wants to help donate, my PayPal address is saxrulzcp@aol.com

See you on the other side!

hardcoretomas
10-10-2011, 12:59 PM
could you not set up an actual fundraising page? like kickstarter or something? then the progress can be tracked, the donors are listed and whoever the money is being given to can be held to account a little easier if they ran away with the money haha.

i still agree that i'd rather not make that bastard rich though.

randman21
10-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I can't support this kind of cuntery, man. What did he sell the last demo for, 150 for three tracks? Now it's six, only two of which we haven't heard, and he more than doubles the price...The last time, I thought it was way exorbitant, but worth it. This ain't. We are the hardest of the die-hard, and if you don't buy it, I really don't see anyone else paying that much for it. So let the scumbag bring the price down before considering. Of course, that's just me.

hardcoretomas
10-11-2011, 08:52 AM
apparently he has "two potential buyers", don't know how true that is but I guess we'll have to wait and see what they do with if if one of them ends up buying it

i_am_the_bishop
10-12-2011, 12:58 AM
apparently he has "two potential buyers", don't know how true that is

maybe he means the 2 people who have it in their want list on discogs? i'm one of them but i certainly won't be paying that much for it! :)

hardcoretomas
10-12-2011, 11:22 AM
maybe he means the 2 people who have it in their want list on discogs? i'm one of them but i certainly won't be paying that much for it! :)

Ahhh that makes sense! Good stuff, once he comes back down to earth I'm sure he'll change his mind.

randman21
10-12-2011, 11:42 AM
That's exactly what I was hoping! :) Unless a person is rich, the price is several times more than reasonable. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that he realizes it soon!

hardcoretomas
10-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Crap it's not there anymore. I guess that means someone bought it or he's taken it down, and I think it's more likely the second person watching it bought it. I guess we have to wait now...

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Well I'm not rich, and I'm not trying to be a superhero or anything, and I also don't agree with the price or the fact that he's exploiting fans for his own gain... BUT, Tonight I Do and Ballroom Blitz in the Offspring world, are legends. They are tracks that NO ONE has. They are songs that no one truly knows how they sound. I want a piece of that.

I just talked him down from $468 USD to $350 USD, and then I bought them. Call me a dumbass or whatever else you want to... I'm going to get all SIX of them ripped in MUCH better quality than the first 3 and share them with y'all. If someone wants to help donate to the cause (MINE, not his), try the PayPal address I listed above. I don't expect anyone to do anything though...

Also, in case some of you didn't know, I already sold the first tape again to a member of these forums. I had raised $42 from donations, bought it for $150, and sold it for roughly $100 after shipping. So I'm even with that. FWIW.

hardcoretomas
10-12-2011, 01:26 PM
You are an absolute hero! I'll definitely give you a donation (when pay day comes)

SkuM
10-12-2011, 01:47 PM
We all are glad that you're doing those things. And I want to thank you for selling the first tape for me for a fair price. You're the man. One more time, thank you.

hardcoretomas
10-12-2011, 01:54 PM
We all are glad that you're doing those things. And I want to thank you for selling the first tape for me for a fair price. You're the man. One more time, thank you.

You have a tape? Could you not have put the songs online and saved this guy 350 bucks?

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-12-2011, 01:59 PM
haha... different tape, and i sold it to him

hardcoretomas
10-12-2011, 02:01 PM
That makes more sense! Apologies.

personal_loans_1
10-12-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm really surprised it ended so fast and so positively for us. You've got the best karma ever. Thanks!

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Well he told me it had been "for sale" for months (since he won it on eBay) and nobody had really noticed, the high price was "meant" for some "European HC Collector"... not sure what all that means...

But he did say he "admired how tenacious I was" about it. And that he would buy it back from me if I ever wanted to "recover some cash"... Doubt it

Anyway, it's been going on for a good while...

Tijs
10-12-2011, 03:10 PM
DAMN I LOVE YOU KRISPY! Can't wait to hear these tracks, that will be so amazing, yeah!

randman21
10-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Nice! Any ire or disdain I had here was purely toward that guy. You're my personal hero, and you don't have to say that you're not trying to be, you just are! Thanks a lot, man.

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Onward and upward... now on to the NEXT venture... finding "Pass Me By" :D jk

Omni
10-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Not to sound like someone who's not a "true fan," but I feel indifferent at best toward the Manic Subsidal songs. However, if you manage to find "Pass Me By," I'll personally suck your dick.

Swallowing or not is entirely up to you.

hardcoretomas
10-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Wasn't Pass Me By a working title of Race Against Myself?

randman21
10-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Wasn't Pass Me By a working title of Race Against Myself?
No!! We don't know for 100% sure what it sounds like, but we do know that it was an outtake from Splinter. I think someone just posted a quote from an old interview where Dexter describes the sound. At the end of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0utghAJdkfI) video, we hear a clip that we've come to assume is "Pass Me By" but I don't think it's been confirmed.

Haha I won't offer the same deal as Omni, because I live close enough to you that I'd actually have to follow through, but "Cogs" would pretty much be the tops for me.

ThunderPX
10-13-2011, 08:05 AM
^ Nope, Dexter confirmed it was an outtake during one of his journals while they recorded RAFRAG.

personal_loans_1
10-13-2011, 08:16 AM
That's what he wrote: 18.08.2006
"Ps Trivia for you guys…there was one outtake from Splinter. It was called ‘Pass Me By‘. We really liked it, and all, it was sort of heavy and we just decided to hold off on releasing it. So take that one straight to the BBS! "

hardcoretomas
10-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Ahh well there you go. I'm sure it'll surface eventually, kinda like Mission From God not being released on Ignition but it was on Punk-o-Rama

holland25
10-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Krispy, you're officially my new hero.

Omni
10-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Ahh well there you go. I'm sure it'll surface eventually, kinda like Mission From God not being released on Ignition but it was on Punk-o-Rama

That was like 13 years later. It's depressing to think we could have to wait another five or more years for this.

hardcoretomas
10-13-2011, 02:26 PM
That was like 13 years later. It's depressing to think we could have to wait another five or more years for this.

We're due to have Offspring demos recorded in 1986 online for the first time, I'm happy to wait a while for a new one as long as it isn't 25 years

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-19-2011, 05:36 PM
So I was thinking I'd get a few more donations than I did. I've received one donation (thanks Anna!!)... anyone else that wants to help me out, my PayPal is saxrulzcp@aol.com

Every little bit helps. Every big bit helps more :P

I'll stop begging now haha

i_am_the_bishop
10-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I've received one donation (thanks Anna!!)

you're welcome! i know exactly how it feels to spend more on offspring things than you should do he he he ;) if you're thinking of selling it on after riping it i wouldn't mind buying it, if i have the money available (knew i'd want it as soon as someone else bought it :rolleyes:)

hardcoretomas
10-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Krispy, I get paid on 28th - expect money then!

holland25
10-20-2011, 11:27 PM
I get paid on 11th. I'll send you some 20 bucks then.

Greekoldfan
10-21-2011, 04:10 AM
from me as well :)

adimifus
10-21-2011, 05:18 PM
I used to be a member on the old forums years and years ago (probably 8 or more) and I registered just to say I plan on donating for this as well. Soon. Probably tomorrow.

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-22-2011, 06:48 PM
haha... thanks everybody. I'll mark my calendar :) I really do appreciate the help with this, considering now that I'm looking at my checkbook and trying to figure out if this was a good idea :( I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks Adimifus!

hardcoretomas
10-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Do you have a suggested donation mate?

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-24-2011, 03:03 PM
whatever you wanna do. I've gotten 3 donations now of $8, $15, and $25 (roughly, after converted to USD)

Edit: Thanks GreekOldFan :)

Greekoldfan
10-25-2011, 12:25 PM
whatever you wanna do. I've gotten 3 donations now of $8, $15, and $25 (roughly, after converted to USD)

Edit: Thanks GreekOldFan :)

nuh i wish i could send you more this period of time...

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-25-2011, 02:57 PM
The tape arrived today. All I can say is this: "I'm not worthy". Seriously... eargasms...

It's the real deal. The songs are (in this order):

1 - Blackball (a demo version I've never heard)
2 - Tonight I Do (I must admit, I've never been able to make out many lyrics in the crappy live versions on YouTube, but this is definately a good song)
3 - Call It Religion
4 - Ballroom Blitz (really cool, and also much "punk"er than I expected)
5 - Halloween
6 - Fire & Ice (early version of I'll Be Waiting)

The beginning of Ballroom Blitz starts with the guys talking back and forth:

Dexter: Ready Greg?!
Greg: Yeah!
Dexter: Kevin?
Noodles: WAAAAAHHHH!!
Dexter: James?
James: Satan!!

...lol

Anyway, sorry to post this "tease" on here. I plan on ripping these to MP3 at the highest quality possible and I will also look into seeing if FLAC is doable, but no promises. It may be at least a week before I have them converted.

Again, sorry for the tease, but I promise they are worth the wait.

Another reminder if you haven't already done so, my PayPal address is saxrulzcp@aol.com and I greatly appreciate any donations towards this effort. Large or small.

Kciec Nayr
10-25-2011, 03:57 PM
AAAAAAAAHHHHHH! I'm sooooo excited!!!! I can't wait! Thank you so much! I don't know how to send a donation, do I just send it with my paypal? I don't know. I'll send you a donation this saturday. Thanks again, I've been waiting for this for so long. :D:D:D

Tijs
10-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Way to go Krispy! I tell you what, I've got some lottery tickets in front of me, no idea how much I won. But you're gonna get at least some of it :) (or maybe everything if it's a crappy amount)

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-25-2011, 04:10 PM
AAAAAAAAHHHHHH! I'm sooooo excited!!!! I can't wait! Thank you so much! I don't know how to send a donation, do I just send it with my paypal? I don't know. I'll send you a donation this saturday. Thanks again, I've been waiting for this for so long. :D:D:D

Haha... if you have a PayPal account, just go on there and choose to Send Money to saxrulzcp@aol.com. If you put it down as a "gift/donation" it won't charge me stupid fees.

Gracias

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Way to go Krispy! I tell you what, I've got some lottery tickets in front of me, no idea how much I won. But you're gonna get at least some of it :) (or maybe everything if it's a crappy amount)

Thanks! i'll look forward to a crappy amount ;)

adimifus
10-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Awesome! :D I hope you can get FLAC figured out and get them up somewhere. (high bitrate MP3 is good, too, but lossless is always better:p) Can't wait!

KTILLA23
10-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Awesome dude, i can't wait to hear it. I hope you can finish it soon, i'm dying to hear the cover of Ballroom Blitz, heck i can't wait to hear it all! And in advance thanks for posting this rare stuff on the internet!

holland25
10-26-2011, 01:04 AM
2 - Tonight I Do (I must admit, I've never been able to make out many lyrics in the crappy live versions on YouTube, but this is definately a good song)

I knew it's gonna be great. I loved the guitars in the crappy quality San Berubin 1987 video.

Greekoldfan
10-26-2011, 09:04 AM
thank you soo much!can't wait for it! ps: Shit I have been charge an extra fee :(

martin_theoffspring
10-26-2011, 09:25 AM
I have no paypal, and not how to use. good luck and congratulations!

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Sorry Greek, I think there is only fees when converting currencies, and even then it's only certain currencies. Most transfers are totally free - or I would have warned ya

Oh, and thanks Tomas!

Luzodar
10-27-2011, 12:00 AM
The tape arrived today. All I can say is this: "I'm not worthy". Seriously... eargasms...
You, Sir, are a true Internet hero. Cannot wait to hear the songs.

Greekoldfan
10-27-2011, 04:24 AM
Sorry Greek, I think there is only fees when converting currencies, and even then it's only certain currencies. Most transfers are totally free - or I would have warned ya

Oh, and thanks Tomas!

it charges.for example:if you want to send 10 euros it says that you're gonna recieve 9,... if you want the reciever to get 10 euros you have to pay a fee about 1 euro or more.I dont remeber exactly.anyway cant wait for the new old songs

holland25
10-27-2011, 05:26 AM
''Sorry, we were unable to execute your transaction. This might be due to you being a resident of a country that does not support PayPal donations to the specified country, due to the given PayPal user not accepting payments from your country or due to your account being blocked by our service. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you think something might have gone wrong, contact our helpdesk at....''

WTF?

hardcoretomas
10-27-2011, 05:58 AM
Oh, and thanks Tomas!

No problem!

@holland25 - can you make payments to UK? You could send it to my paypal then I'd send it straight to Krispy's?

holland25
10-27-2011, 06:24 AM
I CAN make payments to the US. I ain't got a clue what the fuck is going on. I've recently paid my subscription for Flagcounter, and it worked fine. And they are based in the US...

hardcoretomas
10-27-2011, 06:32 AM
maybe you just can't make gift payments?

holland25
10-28-2011, 01:46 AM
I suppose it worked now.

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-28-2011, 04:47 PM
I suppose it worked now.

Thanks H25!

holland25
10-28-2011, 11:24 PM
You're welcome :)

Luzodar
11-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Anyway, sorry to post this "tease" on here. I plan on ripping these to MP3 at the highest quality possible and I will also look into seeing if FLAC is doable, but no promises. It may be at least a week before I have them converted.
How's it going on ye olde ripping process? Sorry for being impatient when great music's just around the corner...

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Unfortunately, it's coming along slow but sure. I mailed it to my uncle who lives in California (about 3000 miles from here). He received it successfully and it is on his to-do list. He does audio stuff for both recording artists as well as movies, and has a lot of professional equipment for that type of thing. That's what he does for a living. Anyway, it's in progress and I'll let you know. I completely understand you checking. If it was me, I'd be on here every day as well, checking...

The first tape, I got my friend to help me with it. He lives in town and just happened to have an old soundboard at his work that he could record to digital. Unfortunately, the quality wasn't very good. I have much more confidence in my uncle's ability since he works with Hollywood and all.

GamerKT
11-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Thank you so much.

D0NT
11-03-2011, 09:47 PM
great news man I know I want to hear that

adimifus
11-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Unfortunately, it's coming along slow but sure. I mailed it to my uncle who lives in California (about 3000 miles from here). He received it successfully and it is on his to-do list. He does audio stuff for both recording artists as well as movies, and has a lot of professional equipment for that type of thing. That's what he does for a living. Anyway, it's in progress and I'll let you know. I completely understand you checking. If it was me, I'd be on here every day as well, checking...

The first tape, I got my friend to help me with it. He lives in town and just happened to have an old soundboard at his work that he could record to digital. Unfortunately, the quality wasn't very good. I have much more confidence in my uncle's ability since he works with Hollywood and all.

That's great news! I was hoping it wouldn't be something like a walkman hooked up to the line in on a soundcard :p but what you described here is a lot better than i expected. Can't wait!

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Before sending it off, I listened to it once through on an old boombox. I honestly can't tell the quality of the tape because it's a crappy boombox, but I am confident that my uncle will be able to do the "best quality possible" rip. Keep in mind that all cassettes that are 25 years old are not as sharp as when they're new. That being said, I'm sure everyone will be happy with the result :)

holland25
11-04-2011, 01:36 PM
I'll be happy with any result. I don't mind if the quality sucks a bit...

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-04-2011, 01:40 PM
I hear ya... After sending it off, I immediately regretted not recording a bit with the mic on my iPhone... just so I could have "something" to share with you guys while we wait. 20/20 Hindsight

Tijs
11-04-2011, 05:29 PM
It'll be worth the wait, I'm sure of it! :)

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Are you all ready for me to make your day?

GamerKT
11-10-2011, 03:10 PM
are you all ready for me to make your day?

God, pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase!

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-10-2011, 03:16 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?826djki7aii7nnc -- Blackball

http://www.mediafire.com/?whe6a89gds55q3i -- Tonight I Do

http://www.mediafire.com/?2t84odhfw7ofsde -- Call It Religion

http://www.mediafire.com/?cc8pvgriy9f0i3r -- Ballroom Blitz

http://www.mediafire.com/?kcaa5w1n8s62b8j -- Halloween

http://www.mediafire.com/?lhexm63vxbtsq6o -- Fire and Ice

GamerKT
11-10-2011, 03:21 PM

We all appreciate this so much, man.

Tijs
11-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Shit yeah! This is awesome, downloading now. Thanks man!

GamerKT
11-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Ballroom Blitz is too hilarious. Excellent job on the conversion.

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Ballroom Blitz is too hilarious. Excellent job on the conversion.

Luckily enough, I think Ballroom Blitz turned out with the best quality rip. The cassette definately shows some signs of age. Tonight I Do's quality is kinda iffy, but I'm still freaking pumped about it.

Tijs
11-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Ballroom Blitz is too hilarious. Excellent job on the conversion.Haha shit this is so crazy to hear!

Leoladen
11-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Are you all ready for me to make your day?

Ohh yeaaah :D!!!

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Haha shit this is so crazy to hear!

haha... who's da man?

Tijs
11-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Definitely your uncle man. This quality is amazing.

And above all.. YOU DA FUCKING MAN!

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Damn. Only 6 downloads so far. Somebody wake up the rest of this forum haha

KTILLA23
11-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Awesome man!! Thanks to you and your uncle for the downloads!! I think Ballroom Blitz is hilarious as well! LOL

cool 2 hate 681
11-10-2011, 04:41 PM

thank you very much:)

randman21
11-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Haven't listened yet, but I'm downloading! I'm about take a trip up to Washington D.C., and I'm sure this will be bumping the entire way. Thank you, Chris (http://yourethemannowdog.com/). :D

Titus
11-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Love it

Thank you!

SkuM
11-10-2011, 06:02 PM
great job again man, we love you
still I think "Call It Religion" is the best of these "lost songs" so far

thanks one more time, you rock

Manic subsidal
11-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Woah! Demos from my old band! Thanks a lot man for uploading.

Rafa88offspring
11-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Oh I could have been having the best of days and this would still be the highlight of it! Thank you so much!

Gustavo
11-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Krispy, you are my freaking hero. Thank you so much for these songs! I've been listening to "Ballroom Blitz" over and over and I just can't get enough of it. You rule!!

Kciec Nayr
11-10-2011, 08:07 PM
DUDE THANK YOU!!! This made my week! I haven't forgotten about my promise to donate, Krispy. I just haven't gotten any money lately (I'm a 16 year old with no job). But I wont forget to send you some money, it's the least I could do. Thanks again!

holland25
11-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Thank you! You are my hero!

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the donations Tijs and Titus!

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Double-post.

So I've been wondering.

It's odd is how I'll Be Waiting and Blackball are the only ones out of the 6 that even stayed around. That makes me seriously wonder how many songs we haven't heard. These appear to be the earliest songs of theirs and they were quickly replaced and forgotten.

holland25
11-11-2011, 01:03 AM
Holy fucking crap! I love Tonight I Do (it's better than I expected), Ballroom Blitz is hilarious and Blackball is even better than the 7'' version. It definitely was worth the wait.

Coral
11-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Well, Balroom Blitz is a cover. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ballroom_Blitz That explains its gayness. :d Apparently, the riff ended up on Leave It Behind.

Personally, I love Halloween. It's so heavy, cool and flowing. I guess it's not a cover...

We need Tonight I Do lyrics.

I don't know how much more stuff do they have, but I guess not much more. They used to make albums almost without b-sides, but then again they pulled out Cogs, I don't know if that's a complete song. Also, RFRG has lots of demos, but that might go into the new album. They looked into CO1 demos, there might be something. I'd like to hear complete Can't get my head around you demo, it has different lyrics, although it's not really a new song. Pass me by...

personal_loans_1
11-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Finally beautiful morning, woooooooohooooooooooooooooooo!! Thanks man! Awesome quality. All songs are great. Waiting was horrible, sure, but I'm kind of glad it came out now, when it'll never be the same, not that that's wrong of course. I'm glad they started Tonight I Do with When Johnny Comes Marching Home, it's regularly played in my head since I've heard it, catchy thing, and I love how it's message may be changed. It's the better that I didn't know what to expect. Haha, Ballroom Blitz is awesome, exactly how I expected, I knew it will be so, since I've heard the original version. Of course, I mean the regular Ballroom Blitz, not as I opened it clicking a million times, so it opened somehwo as 3 winamp windows, with triple echo 0_o

Greekoldfan
11-11-2011, 04:20 AM
shit krispy!!my pants are wet now!!

ad8
11-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Krispy, you are my hero! The demos sound really awesome, creates the good old garage punk atmosphere. Plus I really like the sense of humor with which they wrote songs back in the day... Ballroom Blitz is just epic :D

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-11-2011, 06:36 AM
That explains its gayness.

Seriously? Everyone knows Ballroom Blitz is a cover and I think it was meant as a comical song. That doesn't make it gay.

Plus, the only reason we know about these songs, however vaguely, is because they played them live well before their first LP. I think it's very possible that the whole "they don't usually have a lot of B-sides" theory is probably just us being naive. I'm sure they probably record 20+ songs for each album and only put 14 on it. The other 6 aren't advertised in any way and are just forgotten. Just because Pass Me By is the only one in recent years that has been mentioned, doesn't mean that's the only one that exists.

At one point in an interview, Noodles and Dexter said that a Rarities/B-sides album would be a fun idea. I dont' have a link or anything, but that adds to my thinking that there's got to be boat loads of unreleased shit.

holland25
11-11-2011, 06:45 AM
There's actually another 6-song demo cassette, from 1991, that helped them sign a contract with Epitaph. Who knows... Maybe that one will eventually surface too...

NotTheOne_NL
11-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Thank you very much for this man!!! I did a small donation ;)

Tompo2000
11-11-2011, 08:13 AM
you made my day! :o

D0NT
11-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks a lot Krispy!! man you shold be given a meda for this

martin_theoffspring
11-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Thank you! and I hope to recover some of the spending

was necessary that a fan has to pay u$s 200 for something that the band charge?
offspring: you must have shared!

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Thank you! and I hope to recover some of the spending

was necessary that a fan has to pay u$s 200 for something that the band charge?

Martin, I paid $350 lol...

And thanks NottheOne! It all helps!

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Ballroom Blitz Lyrics (yes, they are quite different than the original, similar to their Feelings cover)

-------------------

Ready Greg? I don't care
Kevin? YAAAHHHH!
James? Satannn!
Alright fellas - let's goooooooo!

Oh it's been getting so hard
Living with what society does to me
Our dreams are getting so strange
I'd like to tell you everything I see

There's a cop in the back as a matter of fact
And his eyes were as red as the sun
And the skinhead in the corner lets no one ignore him
He thinks he's the scariest one

Oh Yeah! It was like lightning
Everybody was frightening
And the music was trashy
And they all started crashing

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah-Yeah-Yeah
And the cop in the back said everyone attack
And it turned into a ballroom blitz
And the girl in the corner said boy I want to warn you
It'll turn into a ballroom blitz
Ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz

Oh reaching out for something
Drinking beer is all we ever do
We softly call you over
When you appear there's nothing left of you

And the cop in the back is ready to crack
As he raises his glove to the sky
And the girl in the corner is everyone's mourner
She could kill you with a wink of her eye

Oh Yeah! It was electric
So frantically hectic
And the music was trashy

It's it's a ballroom blitz
Yeah, it's a ballroom blitz

Coral
11-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Seriously? Everyone knows Ballroom Blitz is a cover and I think it was meant as a comical song. That doesn't make it gay.

Plus, the only reason we know about these songs, however vaguely, is because they played them live well before their first LP. I think it's very possible that the whole "they don't usually have a lot of B-sides" theory is probably just us being naive. I'm sure they probably record 20+ songs for each album and only put 14 on it. The other 6 aren't advertised in any way and are just forgotten. Just because Pass Me By is the only one in recent years that has been mentioned, doesn't mean that's the only one that exists.

At one point in an interview, Noodles and Dexter said that a Rarities/B-sides album would be a fun idea. I dont' have a link or anything, but that adds to my thinking that there's got to be boat loads of unreleased shit.
Seriously. I doubt that everyone knows. Heavy metal pop gayness is transcendental. :D But, the song is ok.

I don't think they consistently work like that. If Ignition had 5 another complete b-sides we would know it. Dexter talked about it that they hadn't had more songs. RFRG was an explosion of demos. It seems like they had lots of ideas at the beginning and they lived with it till Americana.

Well, there are buttloads of covers.

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Tonight I Do Lyrics (feel free to correct me)
------------------

When Johnny comes marching home again
Hoorah, hoorah
When Johnny comes marching home again
Hoorah, hoorah
The men will cheer and the boys will shout
The ladies they will all come out
And we'll all be glad when
Johnny comes marching home

Johnny got pushed around by commies
Putting everybody down (Let's fight!)
What they really want's a fight
Lets go in there with all our might

Let's bring some shit and call their bluff
and we're not backing down (Let's fight!)
Cuz commies start your fucking war
I guess this is what we registered for
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

They'll tell you
War is hell son, but it's not so bad
There's booze and drugs and women and lots of spoils to be had
Just keep your ass low
And you'll be okay
Stories you can tell for the rest of your days

First ones over to the infantry lines
First ones blown to pieces by a well placed mine
Crawling on your stomach at the front of the war
Now do you know what you registered for?

Johnny got pushed around by commies
Putting everybody down (Let's fight!)
What they really want's a fight
Lets go in there with all our might

Let's bring some shit and call their bluff
and we're not backing down (Let's fight!)
Cuz commies start your fucking war
I guess this is what I registered for
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Coral
11-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks. Anti-war, I didn't expect that.

holland25
11-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Ballroom Blitz Lyrics (yes, they are quite different than the original, similar to their Feelings cover)

-------------------

Ready Greg? I don't care
Kevin? YAAAHHHH!
James? Satannn!
Alright fellas - let's goooooooo!

Oh it's been getting so hard
Living with what society does to me
Our dreams are getting so strange
We'd like to tell you everything we see

There's a cop in the back as a matter of fact
And his eyes were as red as the sun
And the skinhead in the corner lets no one ignore him
He thinks he's the scariest one

Oh Yeah! It was like lightning
Everybody was frightening
And the music was trashy

Oh reaching out for something
Drinking beer is all we ever do
We softly call you over
When you appear there's nothing left of you

And the cop in the back is ready to crack
As he raises his glove to the sky
And the girl in the corner is everyone's mourner
She could kill you with a wink of her eye

Oh Yeah! It was electric
So frantically hectic
And the music was trashy

Yeah, it's a ballroom blitz

Just a minor correction.

jacknife737
11-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Ha, cheers for posting these.

Ballroom Blitz in particular is a lot of fun.

adimifus
11-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Awesome! Thanks a lot, man! :D

Didn't notice these till today. I was sick all day yesterday and it didn't even cross my mind to use my computer. But they sound great!

Thanks again!

arnold161
11-11-2011, 03:28 PM
thank you very much, all songs are just awesome! wonder how many black ball versions is out there:D

Kciec Nayr
11-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Hey guys, I was bored so I started a wikipedia page for the demo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kceicnayr/6_Songs_demo but I just realized that I need to go somewhere so I can't finish it. If any of you guys want to finish it, go ahead. I'm not really skilled in making wikipedia pages. There is a page (http://www.discogs.com/Offspring-6-Songs/release/2992568) with a picture of the cassette that you could use for the wikipedia page. Or if you want to start a whole new page that's okay also.

ANDiTKO
11-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Many many thanks!!!

I've shared the mp3 on http://theoffspring.eu.
Feel free to grab them from this page: http://theoffspring.eu/item/new-songs-from-the-1986-demo-tape.html

Krispy, if you want me to change the article or add something please send me PM or message me on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/anditko)

hardcoretomas
11-11-2011, 04:04 PM
I love you so much

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-11-2011, 04:29 PM
It's been one day and it's at 80 downloads. It's no Pretty Fly, but that's still pretty good I guess. :)

Edit: Okay, I can't get my uploads on mediafire to work anymore. Am I the only one? It's okay I guess since they're on everybody else's fansites...

Titus
11-12-2011, 05:24 AM
wonder how many black ball versions is out there:D

lol

I think this version is the best one. I keep listening to it over and over again

holland25
11-12-2011, 05:52 AM
thank you very much, all songs are just awesome! wonder how many black ball versions is out there:D

Three so far.

arnold161
11-12-2011, 06:03 AM
I definitely like the most the one from I´ll Be Waiting/Black Ball 1986 LP, but it´s matter of opinion of course:) all this old stuff is great, i really enjoy that raw sound, everytime i listen to it I am like - is it really the same band that made Pretty fly?:D just kidding, i love all albums but never even hoped that i will hear Toningh I Do and the other songs in such a good (moreless) quality.. keep it up:)

holland25
11-12-2011, 06:24 AM
Yeah, the 7'' version has the 'O-oh' part at the beginning, which I love. The album version has better ending though. And this one is the rawest and I love raw old-school punk.

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-12-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm very happy with the quality of these 6 songs. I'm glad this was all worth it :)

holland25
11-12-2011, 10:45 AM
BTW, Krispy, how much have you collected through donations so far?

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-12-2011, 01:57 PM
$93.54 usd

holland25
11-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Not bad. Hopefully you'll collect more.

holland25
11-14-2011, 10:57 AM
PS: Krispy, thanks for making me love Offspring again.

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Just doing my part :) I know what you mean... no matter how awesome The Offspring are... new stuff is a vital part of the business, and it's once again getting to be a while

dff_punk
11-14-2011, 04:30 PM
This is totally awesome! Thanks dude, digging the quality, Tonight I Do is probably the one which grabbed me musically the most, and Ballroom Blitz... well everyone said everything about it. In some moments, it almost reminds me of The Vandals.

Supa
11-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Thanks Krispy! These are awesome. I haven't forgotten my promise to donate to you either.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
11-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks so much Krispy. I downloaded them last night but didn't have time to say thanks.
Loved both songs. I already had Fire&ice, Call it Religion, and Halloween of course (and a few versions of Blackball).
Ballroom Blitz was hilarious for the intro and i loved the lyrics overall. Tonight I do was also pretty sweet and I liked the similarity to Out On Patrol. They should have officially recorded all those songs I think.

SåS
11-16-2011, 05:58 AM
Krispy, you are god among men.

Tonight I do is fucking awesome, just awesome!!!
It's all awesome actually, even Ballroom Blitz is sick!
Dexter's voice is so good in these as well, his range was crazy.

Kudos man, kudos.

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-16-2011, 05:44 PM
I like the similarities between Ballroom Blitz and Feelings. They are both covers, but with the lyrics violently different. So much so that the whole song meaning is different.

Love it.

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-23-2011, 12:28 PM
So I found something. Maximum Rocknroll Magazine, edition #37 from June 1986, with a review on the cassette we just unearthed.

"OFFSPRING - cassette

Yet another SoCal band that's got good power, hooks, tunes, and delivery. Sort of D.I.-ish... a good job. ($2 to Greg Kriesel, 5544 Apia, Cypress, CA 90630)"

And yes, I have the actual magazine physically in my hands. I'll make a scan when I get some time if anyone wants. I think it's funny that in 1986 before they were the least bit famous, they were listed in this magazine as nobodies and advertising directly to Greg's front door. haha

Greekoldfan
11-23-2011, 01:00 PM
I have seen this magazine on ebay sometimes and I regret that i didn't buy it

KTILLA23
11-23-2011, 02:06 PM
And yes, I have the actual magazine physically in my hands. I'll make a scan when I get some time if anyone wants.

Do it! I would love to see it! And i lol at the send 2$ to Greg.:D

Tijs
11-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Definitely interested in seeing that scan. That's some good history right there!

KrispyNotKrunchy
12-03-2011, 12:48 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/saxrulzcp/Page.jpg

KTILLA23
12-03-2011, 04:57 PM

Nice! Thanks for posting it!

Greekoldfan
12-03-2011, 05:12 PM
thanks krispy once again :)

cool 2 hate 681
12-03-2011, 06:42 PM
thanks again:)

Nitro Punk
12-04-2011, 10:22 AM

Thank you so much for these! Awesome quality tracks for their age, thanks to the uncle!
I wanted to hear something from the Offspring to refresh me ,even some old stuf...and these tracks just came up in time!

KrispyNotKrunchy
12-05-2011, 01:42 PM
I find it interesting that The Offspring (who in '86 were nobodies) lined up next to more popular bands like Public Enemy and The Ramones :)

D0NT
12-05-2011, 04:23 PM
I find it interesting that The Offspring (who in '86 were nobodies) lined up next to more popular bands like Public Enemy and The Ramones :)

But they didnt played with the Ramones until 1995, right?

KrispyNotKrunchy
12-06-2011, 09:57 PM
By lined up, I just mean included on the same page of reviews. Might seem like not a big deal, but if I had a garage band trying to get famous and was reviewed in a magazine next to the Ramones, I'd think it was really cool

DeAtHsTaR
03-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Wow, these songs are pretty awesome. Much better than "Hopeless" haha

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Wow, these songs are pretty awesome. Much better than "Hopeless" haha

Hopeless is amazing.