PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else a fan of Chevelle?

Jaded skies
06-30-2011, 07:18 PM
They're coming out with a new album soon (with a new single to be expected sometime in August). I've been pretty big fans of theirs ever since they released the music video for Mia (it looked like a Tool video so it caught my attention) But anyway, they've put out some really good stuff over the years. Along with The Offspring and Sum 41, these were the guys i listened to. (Im glad two of them are still doing well..im looking at you Sum 41)

But here is a link to their FB page if anyone else is interested! They have some videos up of them in the studio, and it all sounds great!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Chevelle/14740026130

cool 2 hate 681
06-30-2011, 10:04 PM
i really liked the single from their last album letter from a thief

bighead384
06-30-2011, 11:09 PM
I like Chevelle. I appreciate that despite the nu metal element to their instrumentation, the vocals and lyrics aren't as corny as nu metal typically is. It's actually a pretty good formula for a band if you ask me, because really the only problem I have with nu metal is that it's corny.

Omni
06-30-2011, 11:54 PM
I really dislike Chevelle, along with Breaking Benjamin, Crossfade, Three Days Grace, Apocalyptica, most of the hard rock meets post-grunge bands out there. I just can't listen to that crap for the most part. An exception would be Shinedown.

Chevelle plays pretty frequently where I live, and more than one person has told me they're a very crappy live band.

Outerspaceman21
07-01-2011, 12:27 AM
I like a few songs here and there, like Jars, Letters from a Thief, Vitamine R, The Clincher, and I Get It. Other then that, don't really care for them. Still, their last two albums have produced some very unique sounding songs for a band of their genre. They definitely show promise in evolving and making their sound their own.

Jaded skies
07-01-2011, 12:36 AM
I really dislike Chevelle, along with Breaking Benjamin, Crossfade, Three Days Grace, Apocalyptica, most of the hard rock meets post-grunge bands out there. I just can't listen to that crap for the most part. An exception would be Shinedown.

Chevelle plays pretty frequently where I live, and more than one person has told me they're a very crappy live band.

Haha Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, and Apocalytica are 3 of my least favorite bands ( Along with Disturbed, Coheed, and NIN). But everyone has their own opinions. I dunno if it was growing up with them or just paying more attention to their stuff, but i always felt they were sort of their own thing. Lots of people compare them to NIN and 10 years and Tool, but i think they have something different going for them. The best review i've heard about them was describing them as "controlled chaos". I love the offspring (and punk in general), but it's great to hear some real heavy stuff sometimes with real catchy melodies.
And if anyone really cares, Chevelle played right before The Offspring here in STL a few years back and stole the show IMO. I thought they brought a ton of energy and enthusiasm. And for a band that tracks their guitar three times for some songs on their albums, I think they do a great job of bringing as much of that sound live as they possibly can. But thats just my opinion.