PDA

View Full Version : Stage Presence

skrillex
07-15-2011, 02:29 AM
What do you guys do/plan to do on stage to make your audience come back for more than just your music?

I don't have a solid set or even one song complete that I'm happy with so I'm getting a little ahead of myself when I think of my performance and even more so with what I want to do. I need to think of something grandiose because I want to be a laptop DJ (for premixing though I don't plan to do it much) so I can have more freedom on stage. I do want to have my music cater more toward what I'm doing on stage (per dance most likely otherwise it might ruin the energy) but right now I'm focusing on learning and finding my own unique sound.

Anyway, I also want to take this opportunity to suggest that DaPantz work on his stage presence. I don't know how important that Gameboy is but it's not very fun to watch him gamegaze. (I realize that I could have sent a PM but those videos are what inspired this thread and I hope he joins this discussion. I would also like to note since this is the first time I've mentioned him that I love what I've listened to so far.)

SåS
07-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Stage banter works, also bring along a few friends, they influence more people in the crowd to interact.

Try the standard stuff as well like jumping around and fancy guitar moves (Behind your head if you can, play with your teeth)... Well that isn't standard, but it's fun (:

Point is, just have fun and enjoy it, and people will get into it.

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-28-2011, 05:42 PM
I try to put my own spin on what I see bands I love do on stage. Move around, make eye contact with the audience. If your songs have simple choruses/sing a longs, people eat that up, so try to egg them on to participate.

Basically, the more fun it looks like you're having, the more people will respond and engage in what you're doing

jenny82
08-07-2011, 03:36 AM
fun .........:)