PDA

View Full Version : The "Americana" Thread

SmashingIxnayConspiracy
07-27-2011, 02:42 PM
The thread where we talk about and appreciate Americana! A partner thread to the Conspiracy one.

1. What is you guys favorite song on here?

2. Favorite Hit?

3. Most underrated song that should get played live?

4. Could this possibly be the strongest album the Offspring have recorded?

We can discuss the album and also these questions. My favorite song is probably Have You Ever and my favorite hit has gotta be She's Got Issues. Do any of you guys actually like Pretty Fly? The most underrated tune in my opinion is The End Of The Line.

This was probably the best Offspring albums in terms of good songwriting meeting pop sensibility.

So, let's discuss the album!

randman21
07-27-2011, 06:02 PM
I never tire of discussing the same shit over and over. :D

1. Pay the Man, definitely.

2. To be clear, when you say "hit," are you talking about singles? If so, I change my answer in the CO1 thread to "Million Miles Away". Here, it's "Pretty Fly".

3. Gotta go with you and say "The End of the Line".

4. Yes.

jacknife737
07-27-2011, 07:02 PM
1. Have You Ever

2. The Kids Aren't Alright

3. Pay the Man

4. Yes

Walfri
07-27-2011, 07:02 PM
1.-- Have you ever

2.-- the kids aren't alright

3.--the end of the line

4.-- not the strongest, but with this album they were in top of comercial music, so, i prefer another like ixnay..

ThunderPX
07-27-2011, 07:07 PM
1) Pay the Man
2) TKAA
3) The End of the Line
4) Maybe?

ospringfan112113
07-27-2011, 07:57 PM
1. Americana

2. Pretty Fly

3. Pay The Man

4. Probably a close second

I do really like Pretty Fly. To me it does sound a little more pop than their other stuff but I think its a fun song to sing along to that some of my friends with other tastes in music can enjoy. Plus thelyrics always give me a chuckle when I feel down.:p

dexterone
07-28-2011, 03:00 AM
1. Have you ever
2. The kids aren't alright
3. She's got issues
4. maybe...if this album wasn't so commercial,I'd say,that it could be their strongest album...there are a lot of hits,but probably that's the reason,why I don't listen to this album as much as the rest of their records,because songs like Pretty fly, Get a job and Staring at the sun are a little bit boring to me now...I'd say,that Americana is pretty much overrated...

samseby
07-28-2011, 07:02 AM
1. Staring at the sun
2. The Kids aren't alright
3. ---
4. Possibly but right now I like Ignition more.

P.S. We definitely need a thread for Ignition, Ixnay and so on too. Otherwise they might feel kind of rejected and unappreciated ;):p

personal_loans_1
07-28-2011, 07:52 AM
1 - 1 song. Just one. Ok. Staring at the sun.
2 - Pretty Fly
3 - The End of the Line
4 - Definitely.

DuReX
07-28-2011, 10:39 AM
1. The End Of The Line
2. TKAA
3. The End Of The Line
4. Yep

Alex101
07-31-2011, 01:41 PM
1. Too many to mention
2. "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" is probably my most favorite hit from this record, even though I also like "Why Don't You Get a Job", "She's Got Issues" and "The Kids Aren't Alright"
3. "Have You Ever"
4. Yeah, but not stronger than Smash

RageAndLov
07-31-2011, 01:54 PM
1. TKAA or No Brakes

2. As in single? TKAA.

3. No Brakes has rarely been played.

4. Far from it.

I remember liking Pretty Fly before, but I hate that song today.

mrconeman
07-31-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm gunna do this because I'm bored, whatever.

1. Pay The Man
2. I can't recall if it was a hit, but it was certainly a single - TKAA
3. Pay The Man. It's bullshit that they don't play it live because it's not "punk" enough for the punks, it's probably the best song they ever wrote.
4. It is pretty damn great, but a few tracks have really gotten old for me. The singles especially.

Tobz
07-31-2011, 10:47 PM
1. What is you guys favorite song on here? Shes Got Issues

2. Favorite Hit? The Kids Arnt Alright

3. Most underrated song that should get played live? Feelings

4. Could this possibly be the strongest album the Offspring have recorded? Almost

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
08-06-2011, 03:21 PM
1. Americana. No one ever talks about this song but I had it on replay forever on my iPod.

2. The Kids Aren't Alright is hard to beat

3. No Brakes is most likely played the least but it isn't an amazing song. I like it, but it doesn't really deserve success. So I'd agree that The End Of The Line is the most underrated since it's a great tune, and doesn't get played often enough.
4. Not quite. I'm a big fan or their stuff from 1992-1997 and I still support Smash as their strongest album for bringing them mainstream success. But Americana did capture more attention of the media, gained a large fan base of "non-punks", and had some pretty solid hits/singles.

Outerspaceman21
08-07-2011, 12:38 PM
1. What is you guys favorite song on here? The Kid's Aren't Alright

2. Favorite Hit? See #1

3. Most underrated song that should get played live? Probably She's Got Issues (love that song), but End of the Line and No Brakes are pretty underrated as well.

4. Could this possibly be the strongest album the Offspring have recorded?
Possibly. That's a matter of opinion to be honest. Personally, I would say no and go with Smash or Ignition.